1. Post #2481
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Perhaps it mutated due to the space bubble anomaly above it. It gave the gun a link to some warehouse in the Ukraine, and some poor bastard there is trying to figure out why all the ammo keeps disappearing. Each new box mag represents a crate of ammo in that warehouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

2. Post #2482
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,802 Posts
    Maybe Scar just has an invisible bullet chain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

3. Post #2483
    November 2010
    2,464 Posts

As I arrive at "Yanov" Station, a man that looks familiar in a way I can't put into words introduces himself. He calls himself "Nitro" and says that he's the technician of this place. I am sure that I will need his services at some point so I'll reply in a friendly manner. I have little or no time for chit-chat though since I must look into the info I discovered from the flight computers, namely the evacuation location B205 and one of the Stingray helicopters that crashed a little ways South of it.

Heading out, I see that Yanov Station looks relatively unchanged from the state it was in before the Zone appeared, with the exception of some of the underbrush dying due to the harsh environment of the Zone.

Heading further I can see the massive Duga-3 array looming over the landscape far away.

And of course the Stingray had to crash-land behind a damned Minefield. Thankfully I saw that a soldier had marked a safe path through it but had died in the process himself. I checked the insides of the heli, only to find out stalkers had already looted it! At least the black box is still intact. Maybe that guy from the station could decrypt it's information for me ?

My next target was evacuation location B205 or the former "Rocket Shield" guarding the CNPP and Pripyat from NATO aircraft. The complex used to house ZRC S-75 "Volkhov" missiles but the areas has been emptied of the missiles long time ago. When asked, a local stalker told me that "new tenants had moved in". I asked him what did he mean by that but he only smirked and replied "You'll see". I did not pursue this question further.

On my way to the complex I had to cross a small swamp to avoid venturing too close to the abandoned depot grounds. Most of the time large buildings like that are inhabited by either stalkers or bandits and I didn't want to risk a firefight or anyone knowing about my movements.

Arriving to the grounds of the site I spot movement around the buildings. Through my optics I observe some zombified stalkers shambling about. These porridge-brains can be very dangerous if they get aggressive but can usually be avoided. I wait him to disappear before I start my approach on the barracks of the compound.

Approaching the main barracks it looks just like in the pictures of old.

Having scoured the barracks, I find no survivors, just a note written by one of the survivors. According to it, he left the area for a scientific bunker a little ways northeast.

The lieutenant's choice was a wise one since apparently this place is now completely overrun by zombified stalkers and remains of lost military units. After I had finished reading the document, zombies started shuffling out of the compound's other buildings. Time to leave.

Catching up with the Lieutenant at the science bunker reveals that his helicopter crashed at the Jupiter Plant and that a stalker named Garik rescued him from the evacuation location.

Maybe Scar just has an invisible bullet chain?
    As far as the Tank Machine gun goes, I just picture it being a really, really long ammo belt wrapped around his neck like a hipster scarf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #2484
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,024 Posts
    oh boy i joined the military in dooms and there are no more stalkers in the cordon because the three soldiers that patrol the road to the blockade decided to go on a killing spree. also i made 30,000 just by looting the rookie village and the bandit camp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2485
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2009
    17,072 Posts
    I always have too much money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

6. Post #2486
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    What if it's a fleshlight?
    It's not legit if it doesn't have barbs.
    Also streaming X-16 in 53 minutes ASSUMING THAT FUCKING SAKHAROV WALKS HIS SORRY ASS TO THE COUNTER INSTEAD OF GLITCHING IN THE FUCKING CORNER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #2487
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,195 Posts
    stream it now so i can watch it before my gf comes over plz

Edited:

STREEM IT GREENY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #2488
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    Do want to see the streaming, seeing as I just finished X-16 for the first time last night..

9. Post #2489
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    stack trace:

otherwise I'm streaming.
    sorry thorny

http://www.livestream.com/barbygreen?t=195635
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #2490
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    stack trace:

otherwise I'm streaming.
    sorry thorny

Stack trace?

11. Post #2491
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Stack trace?
    yeah ogse crashed
    im at the warehouses but gonna restart and travel to yantar

12. Post #2492
    Dennab
    September 2010
    4,149 Posts
    Tank Machinegun, best weapon ever. Who needs to reload when you miraculously have 2,000 large bullets inside of a relatively small box of ammo? Scar doesn't, that's who.
    Damn right I don't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

13. Post #2493
    November 2010
    510 Posts
    Anyone knows where to find the music from the bar in OGSE? all I find in the sounds folder is the main menu music and mutants sounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

14. Post #2494
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    Edit:
    NVM.

15. Post #2495
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Anyone knows where to find the music from the bar in OGSE? all I find in the sounds folder is the main menu music and mutants sounds.
    Check sound_theme.script for all the various announcers, radios and such that play music and other sounds. With it you can point a certain radio or loudspeaker to a different sound file, or find out where the sounds it's playing are.

Edited:

If you do edit, be very careful about the formatting, else it'll crash your game easily. Respect the brackets and commas!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #2496
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,195 Posts
    stack trace:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #2497
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    To give you an example, taken from OGSE's sound_theme.script:
    This is one section for one sound emitter. It'll play these sounds in order. Note carefully the formatting. Spacing doesn't matter very much (except for the spaces around the = sign probably), it's just easier to read that way.
    Code:
    ph_snd_themes["radio_music_bandit"] = {  "characters_voice\\scenario\\darkscape\\bandit_radio_1",
    	                        "characters_voice\\scenario\\darkscape\\bandit_radio_2",
    	                        "characters_voice\\scenario\\darkscape\\bandit_radio_3"
    	                        }
    stack trace:
    I don't even get a log with quite a few crashes in OGSE. At least one i've traced to the extended section of terrain of the Bar -> Military Warehouses level changer. I think it's because I disabled psy zones after finding them to be nothing more than an invisible annoyance, so now it crashes me whenever I go into where one used to be :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #2498
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    Green's Livestream: Stream of the year, all years.

19. Post #2499
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Found where all the music sources are in the file, replaced them temporarily with Duty's megaphone music replacement in Fullmetal FM, pending me converting my own music for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

20. Post #2500
    November 2010
    510 Posts
    Thanks doom, really helpful!

21. Post #2501
    November 2010
    2,464 Posts

I SAID COME IN, DON'T STAND THERE
    He's going to the sewers. You missed skeletons and some very, very odd shit.

Skeletons? What mod is he playing?
    OGSE.

What kind of a Russian mod has no skeletons?
    Or kamikaze zombies that explode on your face (thank you, OGSM)

22. Post #2502
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Skeletons? What mod is he playing?

23. Post #2503
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,802 Posts
    What kind of a Russian mod has no skeletons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2504
    April 2009
    480 Posts
    For those who have gotten to/through X18 in OGSE, how many documents are there to collect? I thought I found all of them, but it doesn't trigger the usual military invasion of the Dark Valley. Did they change that whole premise, or will I have to search the whole damn building for the 5th time?

Also, I love that I find stash markers at stashes I've never seen used. Like the ones in X18! This is the first time I've ever received stashes in there.

25. Post #2505
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    For those who have gotten to/through X18 in OGSE, how many documents are there to collect? I thought I found all of them, but it doesn't trigger the usual military invasion of the Dark Valley. Did they change that whole premise, or will I have to search the whole damn building for the 5th time?

Also, I love that I find stash markers at stashes I've never seen used. Like the ones in X18! This is the first time I've ever received stashes in there.
       5, #1 is in a blue chest in a side room, I think it's the one with the 2 open tanks of fluid. #3 is on the flamethrower-carrying stalker.   

26. Post #2506
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,768 Posts
    GREEN IS REMOVING ALL THE DUTYERS WITH A MINIGUN WHILE PLAYING REMOVE KEBAB IN THE BACKGROUND.
    I shed a a manly tear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

27. Post #2507
    April 2009
    480 Posts
       5, #1 is in a blue chest in a side room, I think it's the one with the 2 open tanks of fluid. #3 is on the flamethrower-carrying stalker.   
    Yeah, I was missing #1.    It was on the dead stalker by the pyro poltergeist.   

Thanks alot!

28. Post #2508
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Yeah, I was missing #1.    It was on the dead stalker by the pyro poltergeist.   

Thanks alot!
    Seems the files get moved around with different playthroughs, how odd.

29. Post #2509
    Gum
    July 2011
    1,153 Posts
    If I ever decide to livestream me playing I'll make sure to have the most unfitting and ridiculous Youtube playlist ready for it to compensate for my lack of a mic.
    It will be great.

30. Post #2510
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,024 Posts
    i like how in cop you can loot stashes even if you don't have the location in your pda
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #2511
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,768 Posts
    Green wasn't done streaming guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #2512
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    "And there were no survivors from the crazed Dutyer's wrath, for His name was Green and His wrath shook upon the Bar's sinners."
    - Zone's Survival Guide, 13:4

[HR]

[/HR]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2513
    November 2010
    510 Posts
    why can't I shoot with the APC in OGSE

nvm found out, im a faggot

34. Post #2514
    May 2011
    3,815 Posts
    [h2]REPEATED USE OF MEDKIT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!![/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

35. Post #2515
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,178 Posts
    Getting fed up of the random, errorlogless crashes in OGSE now. If it's because I disabled psy zones, it can damn well go fuck itself; i'm not enabling them even if not to crash.

36. Post #2516
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,582 Posts
    Mica is pretty damn overpowered in OGSE. It pretty much outdoes all of the Meat Chunks and Stone Bloods while providing good bleeding relief.

37. Post #2517
    November 2008
    2,347 Posts
    Does SGM blackbyte link work? i tried downloading it twice, but the file keeps getting corrupted or damaged.

38. Post #2518
    November 2010
    449 Posts
    Getting fed up of the random, errorlogless crashes in OGSE now. If it's because I disabled psy zones, it can damn well go fuck itself; i'm not enabling them even if not to crash.
    I feel you man. My AMK+LURK+Complete mod merge ALWAYS has fucking errorless CTDs. And so far that's the best mod I've played. :( (Even though you shouldn't be suprised that mod merges can be troublesome.)

Which reminded me, I wanna talk to the creator of that mod merge tutorial, I wanna see if he gets CTDs as often as I do, maybe I did a bad merge... idk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

39. Post #2519
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    17,945 Posts
    The POTENTIALLY SHIT fourth part.

[h2]Yanov Station, Yanov[/h2]

[My translator and I wait out the Emission within the safe confines of Yanov Station. Here, Stalkers meet and greet each other, as well as eat and generally survive the Zone’s harsh environment. Despite the tensions between Duty and Freedom, none of the Stalkers seem troubled by the combative nature of Duty, nor the flippant manner of Freedom - despite the probable combustive chemistry between the two.
    My subject is one of the guards assigned by Duty Commander Pavelevsky to the tower outside the station, “Rain.”]

This emission is nothing, you know.

You’ve seen worse?

All kinds… or rather, all kinds of results.

I take you’ve never been outside only seconds after an emission has passed?

[I shake my head.]

We Stalkers have a name for that period of time. “Fucking crazy.” I’ve looked out over the horizon, trying to see through the fog. All I can ever make out are phantoms, staggering through the fields, fading away like dust in the sunshine when I look at them directly. I’ve seen those same phantoms lunge out of the darkness and drag my friends into the walls, leaving behind a dark coffee stain of blood.

The scientists aren’t entirely sure what causes it, though, like the Zone’s something that you’re meant to understand anyway…

[He drinks from a bottle of Cossack’s Vodka and spits on the tiled floor.]

Nah, the Zone isn’t meant to be understood. If you understand something, you know how it works, how it ticks… but the Zone doesn’t work or tick, so how are we meant to know?

What do you mean?

Well, think about it. What works one day might not work the next, something that made sense to you yesterday looks crazy tomorrow. There is absolutely no constant the Zone isn’t willing to pull out from under you; thought a bullet couldn’t round a corner? Now it can. Thought Kevlar would hold up to a bullet where leather wouldn’t? Now both have the consistency of porridge.

That’s why we Stalkers say that someone is “blessed by the Zone.” Every day that you wake up, there is a one in six chance this sunrise, this gas-choked, sickly sunrise, will be the last that you see. We get quite a few suicides here in the Zone because of that pressure, just people looking at this sunrise and saying “I have plunged into countless anomalies and faced dangers no man should ever awaken believing are possible. Yet here I stand, watching the sun through this filter of smog and death, and I feel the world is about to end.”

So that’s actually a two in six chance that you’ll die – the Zone may cave in around you, breaking from below and plunging you into a valley of death and darkness from which you feel there is no escape. And there really isn’t, when you think about it; we’re all just stuck here until we finally catch on that the money isn’t worth it, the people are vile, and nothing is to be gained unless you’re willing to be even more a villain than the last guy.

Is this why you joined Duty?

Yes. I, unlike my brothers, do not believe that the Zone is evil. If a factory makes psychopaths, are the machines themselves evil? No, the product is what defines the machines that make them. And the Zone is very much the same; defined by the scum it produces and continues to churn out in earnest.

You have a very pessimistic viewpoint.

[He looks out the window and points to the sunrise as the emission begins to taper off.]

You’d be pessimistic too if you had to look that fuck ugly thing in the face each day.
    I am disappointed with this one but I never trust my judgement. Should I?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

40. Post #2520
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    are you guys doing somekind of story competition or what?