1. Post #4161
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    true story I made that exact post in 2009

Edited:

about that set of images too in a thread on /g/ the first time they got posted ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #4162
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,145 Posts

I would buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution if it didn't cost over twice as much over here. :(
    (I live in Australia)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #4163
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,729 Posts

I would buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution if it didn't cost over twice as much over here. :(
    (I live in Australia)
    I bought it anyway, a game that good and that new for $20 is a rare sight

Edited:

The first Modern Warfare is still $50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4164
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,304 Posts
    I bought it anyway, a game that good and that new for $20 is a rare sight

Edited:

The first Modern Warfare is still $50

I'm glad I got every single CoD (minus MW2) game during the 2010 super summer sale.

All for 40 dollars. Sweet deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4165
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,729 Posts
    I'm glad I got Modern Warfare 1 back when there was no shitty sequels
    It was actually a good game back then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4166
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,304 Posts
    Emdubya 1 memories now surfacing.

Do not go to the [SR] Rednecks server. I got banned there for questioning one of their frequent server messages that said the Qua'ran was toilet paper, and for being an atheist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #4167
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,145 Posts
    Do not go to the [SR] Rednecks server. I got banned there for questioning one of their frequent server messages that said the Qua'ran was toilet paper, and for being an atheist.
    I want to go there, with my clan tag set to [Al-Qaeda] to see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #4168
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,304 Posts
    I am reinstalling MW1 right now. Let's see if I can pay those assholes a visit again.

I'm probably IP banned, though.

9. Post #4169
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,001 Posts
    I am reinstalling MW1 right now. Let's see if I can pay those assholes a visit again.

I'm probably IP banned, though.
    don't you have a dynamic ip?

like you get a new ip everytime you restart your router?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

10. Post #4170
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,729 Posts
    I remember being bored and couldn't be fucked unlocking weapons, downloaded a Level 55 hack thing
    How did it get around the anticheat?

There's a folder in the root called /pb/
    You rename that and it completely bypasses it, you can even play on secure servers

The beauty of Punkbuster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

11. Post #4171
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,145 Posts
    I remember being bored and couldn't be fucked unlocking weapons, downloaded a Level 55 hack thing

You rename that and it completely bypasses it, you can even play on secure servers

The beauty of Punkbuster
    I remember using a rank hack on CoD4, and MW2. Gotta love how completely useless Punkbuster and VAC are for those two games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #4172
    I replaced my rear 140 cougar with the 140 TB silence I got. Seems to move more air and is quieter. But the fan grill is slowing down the air. Going to get a dremel and cut it out.

I then flipped the top two 140's into intake. My CPU temps have dropped about 8c on idle. Have yet to check load. My GPU temps under normal use have gone up about 2c from what I can tell, but under complete idle they dropped 2c it seems. I think the air is being pulled around the video cards and sucked out the side panel 120mm.

My airflow is coming along nicely. I have some Gentle Typhoons coming this week on a variety of speeds to test.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #4173
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,304 Posts
    don't you have a dynamic ip?

like you get a new ip everytime you restart your router?
    Aaah, I know why I couldn't access it on my laptop now. Originally played Emdubya 1 on desktop, desktop died, then I transferred my data to my laptop. That profile was apparently perma'd from the server.

Edited:

The beauty of Punkbuster
    You don't even need to hack it. Just download someone else's level 55 profile.

If you guys wanna play with me, I can upload my profile somewhere so we can all have the best guns.

14. Post #4174
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,729 Posts
    I replaced my rear 140 cougar with the 140 TB silence I got. Seems to move more air and is quieter. But the fan grill is slowing down the air. Going to get a dremel and cut it out.

I then flipped the top two 140's into intake. My CPU temps have dropped about 8c on idle. Have yet to check load. My GPU temps under normal use have gone up about 2c from what I can tell, but under complete idle they dropped 2c it seems. I think the air is being pulled around the video cards and sucked out the side panel 120mm.

My airflow is coming along nicely. I have some Gentle Typhoons coming this week on a variety of speeds to test.
    Shame you have to take a dremel to such an expensive case to make it function better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4175
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,304 Posts
    Looking for my saves in my external HDD. Couldn't find them but I found...

I found the videos I made when I was 11 years old.

AAGUUHHHH

16. Post #4176
    It's not that I really have to "fix" anything. But low RPM fans inherintly have low pressure and have a hard time fighting fan grills. Just optimising it

Edited:

However the GT's blades have an interesting overlap and at the same RPM as my current fans they have twice the pressure.

17. Post #4177
    August 2009
    388 Posts
    I feel bad, got new computer and all I've played is Tribes Ascend which I could run on high before anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #4178
    December 2009
    8,698 Posts
    I feel bad, got new computer and all I've played is Tribes Ascend which I could run on high before anyway.
    When i switched from my shitty 7 year old prebuilt that ran Gmod at like 15 FPS to the one i use not that runs BF3 at decent medium FPS, I played only TF2 for like a week

It was so Smooooth and flooowing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #4179
    Watch out for the new Nvidia drivers

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 13Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4180

April 2011
    4,465 Posts

Which ones? The 295.73 WHQL ones are fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #4181
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts

Which version caused that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

22. Post #4182
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,151 Posts

you mean monitor drivers which you tried to install with your fist right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4183
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,247 Posts
    you mean monitor drivers which you tried to install with your fist right
    My friend tried that. Now it has a nice slight relief of his fist on it.

Edited:

He also once managed to break his motherboard by kicking the side of his case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #4184
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,593 Posts

Holy shit that's pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    Couple interesting links I found today.

SSDs and Flash Drive prices to drop 20%
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...le-bit-flash/1

HTML5 DRM
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...a-encryption/1

26. Post #4186
    Casual gamer
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    I only got bluescreens by 295.73.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

27. Post #4187
    Welp, my airflow system is terrible. I'm loading in BF3 at 78c and 76c. That's like 10c more than before. I guess I'll put the 140's in the top back to exhaust. I can feel the side fan pulling loads of heat out, but in that particular spot it might be a hot zone.

Since my GPu's are on auto fan, unless I force it in MSI Afterburner, keeping them cool is basically my top priority since it means their fans run slower and thus quieter. My CPU is on a constant speed so I don't really care.

I guess tomorrow, I will put the side 120 as intake, top 140's as exhaust and maybe put another 120 in the side from the stock case. I guess my new strategy is to push cool air onto the cards and the hot air will get pulled out somewhere else.

28. Post #4188
    August 2008
    14,593 Posts
    Couple interesting links I found today.

SSDs and Flash Drive prices to drop 20%
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...le-bit-flash/1

HTML5 DRM
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...a-encryption/1
    SSD Price drop and higher density chips? Fuck yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4189
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    I began playing WIII and NWN a lot more, and those are both from 2002 or something.

Edited:

They are actually so old that I had trouble running them on the highest settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4190
    I feel stupid since I was debating this one guy about using the top fans as intake and how I thought feeling heat being pumped out of the case was good. And he was saying that you should be feeling cool air. I thought he was being senile.

What I think I realized he was saying, was that the heat should be spread out and not concentrated to high temperatures, but the heat should be pumped into a large volume of air that is taken out.

fun thing for me is that changing the 140's int he top is a huge pain unless I have my machine from under my desk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #4191
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,145 Posts

I made it a trippy wallpaper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #4192

Keyboard bro's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #4193
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,080 Posts
    I just realized that few years ago, when a cable got stuck in one of my computer's fans I would slam it so the noise would stop.

Luckily my hard drive is still running fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #4194
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    I hit my computer all of the time to stop the front panel from rattling, both my drives are shit 250GB western digital drives and still work, it isn't really much to worry about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events

35. Post #4195
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,080 Posts
    The hard drive does feel slow occasionally, although even now I have only 2,5GB free space left on it.
    And who knows when I last defragmented it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #4196
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!
    February 2010
    2,875 Posts
    They really need to make simpler looking computer cases. I don't want any of that ricer shit. Too bad these are so expensive though, although less than $100.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #4197

January 2012
    429 Posts
    Uh guys, my cpu temp's just randomly droped 10C and I didn't do anything.....

38. Post #4198
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,080 Posts
    They really need to make simpler looking computer cases. I don't want any of that ricer shit. Too bad these are so expensive though, although less than $100.

Something like Fractal Design's Define R3?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4199

December 2011
    350 Posts
    Something like Fractal Design's Define R3?

I have this but it leaves little room for good cable management and this seems to effect my airflow badly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4200
    August 2008
    14,593 Posts

I have this but it leaves little room for good cable management and this seems to effect my airflow badly
    I also have an Antec 300 and mostly agree. There's not much space for running cables on the other side of the motherboard place and there's not much room at the bottom for storing spare cables among other little things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)