1. Post #601
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts

Fucking hate 4v5's

Should be loss forgiven. Because that was in no way fair.
    philly -> mercs -> phage/sheen/zeal -> lantern -> phage/sheen/zeal -> aegis/mogs/survival -> complete trinty -> other stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

2. Post #602
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,979 Posts
    t'was like my second game as Wukong.

Give suggestions

yes
    flash exhaust/ignite

always flash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #603
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    I grab teleport as Irelia since A) free farm in other lanes later yaaaaay, I need that shit, and B) if their jungler actually manages to kill me, with both of them in lane I pretty much lose my tower no matter what time of the game it is. Teleport means I can get there and prevent it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

4. Post #604
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,274 Posts
    Third time in a row someone from my team left mid game and we lost ._.

Hate this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #606
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    I wrote an Urgot guide

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=16658

Look at it and tell me how bad it is and that I should uninstall the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I wrote an Urgot guide

in solo Q
    goddammit it's spelled queue

Also, in regards to your runes section, flat AD is stronger than arpen now, assuming you take the 10% arpen mastery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    flash exhaust/ignite

always flash
    exhaust if you try to get a easy kill from your opponent diving
    ignite if you know how to harass and kill your opponent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

9. Post #609
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    I wrote an Urgot guide

noob

you level E over W, you get CD blues, you get ionian boots NO MATTER WHAT!

uninstall pls you are a shame to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

10. Post #610
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    noob

you level E over W, you get CD blues, you get ionian boots NO MATTER WHAT!

uninstall pls you are a shame to me
    yes my master

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    AND HERE IS WHY

1. Flat armor penetration is not percentage based. It is a flat number.
    2. The arpen MASTERY, however, is percentage based, as is arpen from every item.
    3. The calculation for armor damage reduction is 100/(100+armor). Flat armor penetration is calculated FIRST, and % based calculation is done SECOND. Meaning flat arpen is essentially a wasted rune, because flat arpen runes will devalue % based runes.

Flat AD is good for several reasons. Mainly, however, it makes your early game ridiculously good.

Let us assume that you take the 10% arpen mastery and the 6 flat arpen mastery (which you should, on an AD anti-carry/carry. Whatever Urgot is.) Minions gain armor every...three minutes, I believe. Not sure. Caster minions gain about 1.5 armor, melee minions gain roughly 2. (Decimals matter and are, in fact, calculated. Not displayed, but calculated. Source.)

Assuming 10% armor penetration, any AD damage will do true damage to melee minions until their armor reaches ~60, so about 10 minutes into the game. Likewise, AD damage will deal true damage to caster minions until about 16 minutes into the game.

Clearly, flat AD runes are better for last hitting. From purely a CS standpoint, arpen runes would be useless because you can't do MORE than true damage, and you'll do true damage for a long time with just the masteries. And again, flat arpen runes do not calculate very well.

Now, from a champion standpoint:

Number time.

Scenario 1: Let's say Urgot is fighting Cait. With the masteries you've laid out and the runes you've laid out, Urgot effectively does 51 AD at level 1 and has 10% arpen + 6 + 10 + 25 = 10% + 41arpen.

Against a Cait with armor runes and masteries, you'll reduce her armor from about a 30% damage reduction to 21% damage reduction (flat arpen runes suck dick). Meaning instead of 51 AD, you'll be doing 41.29 damage with each auto-attack. Or, in other words, you'll be doing 42.15 damage Acid Hunters instead of 53.35 Acid Hunters at level 1.

Scenario 2: Urgot fighting Cait. Instead of your runes, Urgot is using 10% arpen + 6 arpen from masteries and 15 AD from flat AD runes. Urgot now does 67 AD per auto attack at level 1.

Against a Cait with the same armor runes and masteries, you'll reduce her armor to about 25% damage reduction. However, Urgot will now be doing 51.75 damage with each auto-attack and 102.2 damage Acid Hunters at level 1.

And guess what? % Arpen scales with their armor. Flat ArPen doesn't scale at all. Meaning in Scenario 2, Urgot will continue to do high damage to Cait even when she buys armor. In Scenario 1, as Cait buys armor, Urgot just gets sad because his flat arpen doesn't do shit.

tl;dr Armor penetration runes are terrible now, run flat AD instead. Also, I have too much time on my hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    Dennab
    September 2011
    1,790 Posts
    That feel when you don't push a game to win to farm kills, and lose

Worst feel in LoL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    argument about ArP vs. AD runes
    I had written a long post but then I accidentially hit the back button and lost it all.

basicly look at this http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...an-arpen-runes

and keep in mind that flat AD is 15% less effective on urgots acid hunters.

I have also summoned the almighty flubadoo, master of math and charts.

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I had written a long post but then I accidentially hit the back button and lost it all.

basicly look at this http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...an-arpen-runes

and keep in mind that flat AD is 15% less effective on urgots acid hunters.

I have also summoned the almighty flubadoo, master of math and charts.
    in your build you have them build a last whisper

therefore use ad runes, arpen would be wasted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    704 Posts
    Anyone got the link to the video that was previously posted in V.19 i think about Shaco jungling with random audio clips?

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Anyone got the link to the video that was previously posted in V.19 i think about Shaco jungling with random audio clips?
    no but here's a song about black men and plastic bags

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

17. Post #617
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    November 2008
    753 Posts

Still apprehensive to play Ez in ranked...

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

Still apprehensive to play Ez in ranked...
    EZ is in a good spot right now, sort of good, not OP as fuck.

Then again they didn't have someone for you to lane against bot so yeah... Don't count your chickens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    tl;dr Armor penetration runes are terrible now, run flat AD instead. Also, I have too much time on my hands.
    I'm sure the maths is wrong I'm just too lazy to check it.
    a cait with armor seals + quints has 33% damage reduction and 48 armor at level 1.
    41 arpen would reduce that to 7, then the 10% to 6 rounded down. This is 6% damage reduction, not 21%. Q does 50.149 assuming no ad increase.

on the other hand, just the 10% would reduce that 48 armor to a cool 44.2. This is 31% damage reduction. you then have an extra 16 AD. Q does 44.9905 at level 1

of course, it will fall off late game, but thats a whole different story
    thing is, urgot with 41 arpen does TRUE DAMAGE to anything with below 41 armor. Which, if I'm right, happens to be everyone in terms of base armor. On the other hand, that 10% will only chop off 1 or 2 and a decimal.

unless I completely fucked up my maths (incoming boxes because i suck at theorycrafting), flat arpen gives you a better edge early game, not flat ad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I'm sure the maths is wrong I'm just too lazy to check it.
    a cait with armor seals + quints has 33% damage reduction and 48 armor at level 1.
    41 arpen would reduce that to 7, then the 10% to 6 rounded down. This is 6% damage reduction, not 21%. Q does 50.149 assuming no ad increase.

on the other hand, just the 10% would reduce that 48 armor to a cool 44.2. This is 31% damage reduction. you then have an extra 16 AD. Q does 44.9905 at level 1

of course, it will fall off late game, but thats a whole different story
    thing is, urgot with 41 arpen does TRUE DAMAGE to anything with below 41 armor. Which, if I'm right, happens to be everyone in terms of base armor. On the other hand, that 10% will only chop off 1 or 2 and a decimal.

unless I completely fucked up my maths (incoming boxes because i suck at theorycrafting), flat arpen gives you a better edge early game, not flat ad.
    Flat arpen gives you the damage advantage for roughly two levels, by which point you're doing diminishing damage to champions (and the same damage to minions as before, obviously).

In theory, flat arpen could be used on a champion playing hyper aggressive, but you'd need a kill before level 3 or 4, because you'd need increasing AD or arpen to back that up. Otherwise it's not worth it.

I suppose you could say it's situational, but AD is arguably better the majority of the time.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    urgot needs kills or lane advantage early game though in order to not fall off as much when lategame rears its head.

also one thing I'd like to say about urgot is that you're probably better off with ignite over ghost. When you ult, if you do it properly, the person you ulted has to go past you, or into ignite range. That's when you slap it on them and wail into them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #623
    I stopped using armor pent after the nerfs

AD reds, quints and D Blade give me crazy damage and make last hitting a breeze
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    flash exhaust/ignite

always flash
    I thought you kept saying that ghost was the best spell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,466 Posts
    Wait, does armor pen percentage lower the armor, or the damage reduction? I'm quite sure it's armor, if so then there is no possible scenario where having flat arpen is a bad thing.

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    arpen percentage lowers the armor by that percent

e.g on a champ with 100 armor, 10% arpen reduces 10 armor, 40% reduces 40 and so on

Edited:

which in turn lowers the damage reduction since armor IS damage reduction

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,274 Posts
    Oh god he needs to make more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,466 Posts
    arpen percentage lowers the armor by that percent

e.g on a champ with 100 armor, 10% arpen reduces 10 armor, 40% reduces 40 and so on

Edited:

which in turn lowers the damage reduction since armor IS damage reduction
    I meant like if they have 80% reduction 10% wont make it 72%.

29. Post #629
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,979 Posts
    I thought you kept saying that ghost was the best spell
    never said that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #630
    September 2010
    604 Posts
    Ranked is pretty easy :D

Urgot OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    crabgot

psshhhhh

32. Post #632
    Wait, does armor pen percentage lower the armor, or the damage reduction? I'm quite sure it's armor, if so then there is no possible scenario where having flat arpen is a bad thing.
    It's armor pent, not damage reduction pent

Flat ADs are better

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I keep getting small lag spikes of ~1sec every 30 seconds or so and it's COMPLETELY destroying my gameplay. is this happening to anyone else? i need a fix for this, this is terrible.

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,466 Posts
    I never said which is better, I just said that having flat arpen isn't a bad thing even if you have percentage arpen.

35. Post #635
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    crabgot

psshhhhh
    I believe we already had a Crab vs. Butcher grudge match and the butcher failed to cut the head off the crab.

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    I never said which is better, I just said that having flat arpen isn't a bad thing even if you have percentage arpen.
    It is, actually. Flat arpen is calculated first, which means flat arpen devalues % based arpen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,818 Posts
    I believe we already had a Crab vs. Butcher grudge match and the butcher failed to cut the head off the crab.
    doesn't mean the skin don't suck donkey dick

38. Post #638
    It's inefficient

Obviously it's not detrimental, but it's just not as good as some people believe

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,466 Posts
    Give me a case where not having flat arpen would result in a higher reduction than having it.

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Give me a case where not having flat arpen would result in a higher reduction than having it.
    The point isn't that flat arpen doesn't reduce armor, the point is that flat arpen is negligible compared to % based, and if you replace flat arpen with AD you might not have the same armor penetration but you'll more than make up the damage with the extra AD, even with lower arpen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)