1. Post #601
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,355 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,067 Posts
    dirk the boring bronie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,068 Posts
    Am I the only one whose patience is running thin with Dirk? He's just not that interesting, especially when you compare him to Dave and Rose, who he seems to be a combination of.
    Maybe its intentional, Roxy seems to think this aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #604
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    Am I the only one whose patience is running thin with Dirk? He's just not that interesting, especially when you compare him to Dave and Rose, who he seems to be a combination of.
    naw brah dirk owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,634 Posts
    These conversations between him and the autoresponder are hilarious though
    The autoresponder is hilarious, but Dirk himself is a bit of a pansy. He seems way more like a poser than Dave. It seems less like he's a Dave/Equius combination and more like he's becoming Eridan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    still more interesting than Jane

Edited:

lmao what how is he becoming like eridan?

he's basically dave but smarter and more composed, the hilarity is in the things he does rather than the things he says
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #607
    but all he's done is chop off an agent's head and give us 2 lines of rap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    but all he's done is chop off an agent's head and give us 2 lines of rap
    yeah ok sure

and build a destructive con air robo bunny, a fucking predator bot to fuck with jake, the autoresponder to fuck with everyone, sawtooth abd squarewave which will probably be awesome later when the former shows up, rewrote a children's pony book into a humorously depressing retelling, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,774 Posts
    putting bro's combat ability into a kid just seems kind of iffy to me. dave couldn't kill a derse agent even after entering the medium and alchemizing some gear. now dirk's supposed to be an identifiable main character that can idly lop off the biggest one's head, and still do the puppet-fu of his previous iteration?

bro was a mysterious character, as with all the guardians, and that's where most of the fun was with him. now that we know more about dirk, he just doesn't really have much else going for him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,634 Posts
    still more interesting than Jane

Edited:

lmao what how is he becoming like eridan?

he's basically dave but smarter and more composed, the hilarity is in the things he does rather than the things he says
    See though he's going to try and come out to Jake and that's only going to end incredibly poorly. In all likelihood Jake will react rudely to the advances, thinking that Dirk is the Autoresponder. Either way, Jake will turn him down because he is not a homosexual and Dirk is not blue and then Dirk will act like a sadsack for the rest of the story.

I hope I am proven wrong, but this is what is probably going to happen.

11. Post #611
    May 2007
    2,019 Posts
    I don't think Dirk's a poser, I think he's just more of a schemer. Dave just did stuff, but Dirk is supposedly planning things. The only way to know for sure is to just watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #612
    April 2010
    571 Posts
    putting bro's combat ability into a kid just seems kind of iffy to me. dave couldn't kill a derse agent even after entering the medium and alchemizing some gear. now dirk's supposed to be an identifiable main character that can idly lop off the biggest one's head, and still do the puppet-fu of his previous iteration?

bro was a mysterious character, as with all the guardians, and that's where most of the fun was with him. now that we know more about dirk, he just doesn't really have much else going for him
    You have to keep in mind that Dirk is older and, because of the Scratch, has been "bred" to be a warrior. Plus he has puppetkind and took HB by surprise.

13. Post #613
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,355 Posts
    See though he's going to try and come out to Jake and that's only going to end incredibly poorly. In all likelihood Jake will react rudely to the advances, thinking that Dirk is the Autoresponder. Either way, Jake will turn him down because he is not a homosexual and Dirk is not blue and then Dirk will act like a sadsack for the rest of the story.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #614
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts

just from what we've seen i can almost guarantee dirk's not actually going to hit on jake, and eveb if he does he won't spend a lot of time moping about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,774 Posts
    You have to keep in mind that Dirk is older and, because of the Scratch, has been "bred" to be a warrior. Plus he has puppetkind and took HB by surprise.
    justification doesnt make him any more interesting

16. Post #616
    April 2010
    571 Posts
    justification doesnt make him any more interesting
    I was just talking about his combat ability. If you find him interesting or not is up to you. But there is plenty of justification for his ability.

17. Post #617
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    i find him interesting because i get the feeling that there's more to him than he's letting on

like said above he's a schemer who interweaves complex layers of irony into everything he does

keep in mind that we've barely even begun to watch him do shit

Edited:

i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought rose was boring as fuck when first introduced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,992 Posts
    Um guys I just had a thought.
    Alpha Bro's corpse probably still has his glasses.

Just sort of lying there on LOWAS, not doing much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    Um guys I just had a thought.
    Alpha Bro's corpse probably still has his glasses.

Just sort of lying there on LOWAS, not doing much.
    That'd be a sad thought except it doesn't look like Alpha Bro made robots, so he might not have made the auto-responder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #620
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    8,856 Posts
    didn't bec noir take his glasses and then dump it with the bodies of mom and dad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,992 Posts
    That'd be a sad thought except it doesn't look like Alpha Bro made robots, so he might not have made the auto-responder.
    Dave has a Sawtooth and Squarewave poster in his room, so they would certainly be built.
    didn't bec noir take his glasses and then dump it with the bodies of mom and dad
    Actually yeah they're on Skaia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

22. Post #622
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    yeah jack smashed bro's glasses

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

23. Post #623
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    8,856 Posts
    maybe because

THE GLASSES

THEY'RE TALKING TO ME

NAKNAKNAKNAK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

24. Post #624
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,940 Posts
    Bro has such a thick veil of irony surrounding him that we still know very little about him, even though it seems we know plenty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    June 2010
    3,897 Posts

Well this is alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,992 Posts

Dang, well that might just be shoddy colouring, it'd' be interesting to see them interact with Davesprite over the course of three years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

27. Post #627
    <3
    October 2010
    14,118 Posts

Well this is alright.
    Could be a lot better though. They should've also done the percussion tracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #628
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    Dang, well that might just be shoddy colouring, it'd' be interesting to see them interact with Davesprite over the course of three years.
    i doubt its shoddy coloring because the lenses are also seperated and crooked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #629
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    He's dead, Jim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,807 Posts
    well, one lens is intact, so I don't see why why couldn't use it like an eye patch or monocle or something.

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,992 Posts
    WELL MAYBE HE LIVES IN THE ONE GOOD LENS
    I WANT TO BELIEVE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #632
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,987 Posts

Well this is alright.
    Oh god no.

This isn't 8bit in the slightest. This is literally one instrument. One ear hurting square wave.

And sadly, that makes it not 8bit. The NES had 2 square waves, 1 triangle wave, 1 noise wave, and a DPCM sample channel. It can do 3 different types of pulses as well. This piece breaks the polyphony limit (more voices than allowed) consistently throughout the whole thing and never uses ANY of the other things the NES is capable of.

So sorry, but it's just now 8bit. Though it is pretty cool that someone took the time to do this. If they changed it up a bit and made it truly 8bit it would kick ass.

Radiation made an awesome proof of concept here:
    http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post...oof-of-concept
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    I don't think zooming in a pixelated picture constitutes as retro either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #634
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,438 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,927 Posts
    It could be a good animated looping gif.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Cyprus Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,634 Posts

Well this is alright.
    It sounds alright until you actually play something on an NES. Even Mario Bros has more advanced music than this.

Like this can sound good but then you listen to something like the title screen to Megaman 3 or even something modern-made like the Endless Stage from Megaman 9 and you learn that "oh wait, just because it's an 8-bit song doesn't mean it has to sound like shit and be incredibly primitive!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,765 Posts
    Dirk is essentially the scratch version of Rose with a bit of Dave just like Jane is basically Jade with a little John. Other than the magnetic W I thought Rose was pretty boring throughout most of the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638

desu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

39. Post #639
    October 2009
    2,280 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,992 Posts
    That is the best fucking ugu I've ever heard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)