1. Post #6641
    oh okay I get it now that's mindfang before she was a huge bitch

how is she terezi's ancestor also though???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #6642
    September 2011
    353 Posts
    I thought she meant her herself was in the future from Vriska and Terezi. So... for example, Mindfang and Redglare came first, then second came Vriska and Terezi, then came Aranea and whomever is the Libra troll.
    I'm probably very wrong though because I'm very tired and about to go to bed.
    Well, you're right about being wrong. Aranea is the pre-scratch version of Mindfang (i.e. the original) This is why she says she's "preceded [the trolls] entire civilization 8y 8illions [of solar sweeps]". The scratched offshoot didn't exist yet (although technically it did, seeing as how paradox space "knows" whether or not a session will be scratched). I might be completely wrong, but it makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #6643
    August 2010
    1,519 Posts
    Fuck. I guess I should have known that as things got revealed even more question would be created.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6644
    October 2009
    2,280 Posts
    AG: She had an ancestor whom she was aware of, and technically that is who I am.
    AG: That is to say, she is who I would have 8ecome on your world, had I arrived in her place. Alas, I did not.
    AG: She was a figure in your history who preceded you 8y thousands of solar sweeps.
    AG: Whereas I preceded your entire civilization 8y 8illions.
    She's saying that Aranea is mindfang, and by "she is who I would have become" she means basically if the scratch hadn't happened and she arrived in her original time, she would have been Vriska, basically. But then she says "She was a figure in your history who preceded you 8y thousands of solar sweeps.". Does she mean that Mindfang was thousands of sweeps in the past, but Aranea herself was billions of sweeps in the past because of the scratch? Holy shit im confused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #6645
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,000 Posts
    AG: I of course needed to visit you through a memory, and interestingly, this is the one you gave me.
    AG: No ill will or upsetting hijinks were intended.
    Am I the only one that thought it was going to turn out to be Doc Scratch out of nowhere

i mean yes i get that    he transmogrified into LE    but this is homestuck, stranger twists have happened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6646
    She's saying that Aranea is mindfang, and by "she is who I would have become" she means basically if the scratch hadn't happened and she arrived in her original time, she would have been Vriska, basically. But then she says "She was a figure in your history who preceded you 8y thousands of solar sweeps.". Does she mean that Mindfang was thousands of sweeps in the past, but Aranea herself was billions of sweeps in the past because of the scratch? Holy shit im confused
    she's saying she's pre-scratch mindfang
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #6647
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,632 Posts

Ectobiology, troll incest slime orgies, mother grubs, there's a whole line of reasons that Aranea and Terezi could be related.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #6648
    I didn't think the trolls could be all jumbled up like the human kids were

they seemed pretty straightforward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #6649
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,632 Posts
    I didn't think the trolls could be all jumbled up like the human kids were

they seemed pretty straightforward
    Dude there are twenty-four of them of course they're gonna be even more jumbled up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #6650
    September 2011
    353 Posts
    Technically (if of course, the ectobiology follows the same type of mixing of DNA as is normal for the species (that is, mother and father for humans and incestious slurry for trolls)), the trolls are probably all related. Remember, incest isn't a thing on Alternia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6651
    Pomf =3
    October 2008
    3,571 Posts
    also remember it takes 4 trolls, 1 from each quadrant, to make a baby grub

also hi i was gone forever but now i finally caught up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

12. Post #6652
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,770 Posts

no, that's not how it works at all

we dont really know whats necessary to "make a grub", but the drone collects genetic material from matespritship (♥) and kismesis (♠) couples. the other two dont supplement reproduction

13. Post #6653
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,991 Posts

How did you manage to come close to that reasoning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6654
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,632 Posts
    can we stop talking about troll romance it is literally the worst part about liking this comic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #6655
    September 2011
    353 Posts

basically what Anonymuzz said (only concupiscent romance leads to "pailing"), but to explain it one could think of it in terms of bees. all the drones (trolls) impregnate the hive queen (the mother grub), who then proceeds to spew out a shitton of baby bee eggs (grubs).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

16. Post #6656
    WHOA HEY GUYS HUGE FUCKING TEXT HERE
    May 2006
    560 Posts
    Oh man I hope we'll get to see Pre-Scratched Redglare soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #6657
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

18. Post #6658
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I found this face really funny.
    I laughed more than I should have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #6659
    January 2009
    3,903 Posts
    Technically (if of course, the ectobiology follows the same type of mixing of DNA as is normal for the species (that is, mother and father for humans and incestious slurry for trolls)), the trolls are probably all related. Remember, incest isn't a thing on Alternia.
    Except it doesn't and the trollcestors are exact clones of their counterparts?
    As seen from the fact that they have the same sgrub roles, the same blood colors and powers, the same appearance, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #6660
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,561 Posts
    i really dont think aranea meant she was terezi's biological ancestor in the same way she's vriska's

i think she just meant that in a figurative sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #6661
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    8,853 Posts
    aranea kinda looks like terezi kanaya and vriska combined

Edited:

itachi don't make me mexican standoff you, i said kinda. terezi's hairstyle, kanaya's sense of fashion and fangs and vriska's overall build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

22. Post #6662
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,352 Posts

Product of kismessitude between Redglare and Mindfang perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

23. Post #6663
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,387 Posts
    Gosh, this update is reminding me how much of an utter bitch Vriska is, but it's also a little pathetic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6664
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,561 Posts
    aranea kinda looks like terezi kanaya and vriska combined

Edited:

itachi don't make me mexican standoff you, i said kinda. terezi's hairstyle, kanaya's sense of fashion and fangs and vriska's overall build
    oh whats that looks like a motherfuckin tumbleweed

Edited:

Product of kismessitude between Redglare and Mindfang perhaps?
    bu

wha

theyre all ectobiological paradox clones tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

25. Post #6665
    <3
    October 2010
    14,112 Posts
    Has anyone done a gamebro/cascade mash up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #6666
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,561 Posts
    p sure she just meant she was part of the group of players preceding them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #6667
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    Too bad her name isn't Spinneret anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #6668
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,561 Posts
    Too bad her name isn't Spinneret anymore
    i dont think spinneret mindfang was ever her real name

all the highblood's given names seem to be based off their appearance or powers. like titles.

Edited:

Dude there are twenty-four of them of course they're gonna be even more jumbled up.
    uh they werent in post scratch so why would they be now

its heavily implied and frankly kind of obvious that there wasnt any mixing done like there was in the human ectobiology process

theyre exactly the same as their descendants were on a genetic level

Edited:

also let me remind you guys who're on the "prescratch troll players were divided up into different descendants" theory that doc scratch explicitly stated that there were always 12 players both prescratch and postscratch

all that changed was the ancestor/descendant flip flop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #6669
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,130 Posts
    Some people seem to be confused so I made a diagram:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

30. Post #6670
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,352 Posts
    oh whats that looks like a motherfuckin tumbleweed

Edited:

bu

wha

theyre all ectobiological paradox clones tho
    Well that's what it would probably be if it wasn't for ectobiology
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

31. Post #6671
    October 2009
    8,853 Posts
    Some people seem to be confused so I made a diagram:

but prescratch vriska was the ancestor and aranea was the player???

32. Post #6672
    April 2010
    571 Posts
    I don't see why some people don't understand this. This is one of the less confusing things to happen in the comic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #6673
    October 2009
    8,853 Posts
    it's not that i don't grasp anything of what is happening, it's just that i don't think chonk's is correct considering vriska is supposed to be aranea's ancestor prescratch so should've arrived earlier than aranea.

34. Post #6674
    January 2009
    3,903 Posts
    Alright motherfucking table time.

Remember people, it's not 'pre-scratch happens, then post-scratch'. It's not even 'pre-scratch and post-scratch happen at the same time'. It's 'pre-scratch and post-scratch both happen.'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #6675
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,028 Posts
    i liked the monvie rendition of it a lot but generally yeah its just not funny anymore

Edited:

sorry blarg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #6676
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,561 Posts
    its ok i still love u (even tho ur like canadian or some weird shit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #6677
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,130 Posts
    it's not that i don't grasp anything of what is happening, it's just that i don't think chonk's is correct considering vriska is supposed to be aranea's ancestor prescratch so should've arrived earlier than aranea.
    I seem to have misinterpreted "Whereas I preceded your entire civilization 8y 8illions." I will now correct my image to reflect this change.

Edited:

See above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #6678
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,714 Posts
    How do you guys feel about Ruby Quest? It's an MSPA-ish adventure. Because I just got around to finishing it and I think I need a support group.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #6679
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,434 Posts
    How do you guys feel about Ruby Quest? It's an MSPA-ish adventure. Because I just got around to finishing it and I think I need a support group.
    I'm here for you buddy. You can call me Tom, what's your name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

40. Post #6680
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,991 Posts
    Conro stares at the horrible sight before him.
    Chamango's laughter echoes through the small room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)