1. Post #9001
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,058 Posts
    How the hell do you find a computer on the street
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #9002
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    You look down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #9003
    boop
    July 2009
    2,177 Posts
    today was a fun birthday. went to watch the avengers, then saw the protomen later. and just now i bit the bullet and bought myself some socks from sockdreams :v

Edited:

i feel so gay you dont even know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #9004
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,633 Posts
    Woo just got internet back online, in the middle of moving into my new apartment. Shit is so wrecked here atm :( And I've got school to deal with lol

Wow you are the very few who actually think of a relationship rather than sex I salute you man.
    TBH that mentality is only applicable when you're under 18. Which is also where 95% of your relationships won't count/matter twoards anything except for being good experience for the someone special you'll meet later on in life. Most people I've seen in a relationship above the age of 19-24, don't really do it "because of sex" and if they are interested in sex, they simply don't do relationships.

Don't mean to be a downer guys but statistically young/teenage relationships don't last. It's not all bad, because it's very good experience for the future and you can learn a lot about yourself going through with one. But pretending like you're winning by not having sex in a relationship, especially when you are 15-16 years old, shows that you don't really "know" that much more than the guys who do have sex all the time in their relationships - you are just a little different in perspective.

A relationship isn't about sex, but it isn't about NOT having sex either. You can have the worlds most sucessful long lasting and loving relationship but yet still be a horny bastard and fuck everyday of your life. Just like how you can be someone who doesn't have a strong libdo, and you are with someone who also doesn't have one, and be pretty happy and successful in your relationship. A relationship is about the sum of the parts and being able to connect to your partner on a personal level that is beyond friendship or association. For some, that can involve lots of intimate sex, or sex for pleasure. Not having sex isn't some kind of "moral high ground" to give you some kind of false egotistical edge over other people who do have sex. The only thing it means if that you simply have very little to no libido, and as such are most compatable with people who also have that same value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #9005
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,423 Posts
    Woo just got internet back online, in the middle of moving into my new apartment. Shit is so wrecked here atm :( And I've got school to deal with lol

TBH this is only applicable when you're under 18, where 95% of your relationships won't count/matter twoards anything except for being good experience for the someone special you'll meet later on in life. And as such, most teenagers in relationships are pretty lighthearted and/or very sexual. Most people I've seen in a relationship above the age of 19-24, don't really do it "because of sex" and if they are interested in sex, they simply don't do relationships.

Don't mean to be a downer guys but statistically young relationships don't last. It's not bad, because it's very good experience for the future and you can learn a lot about yourself going through with one. But pretending like you're winning by not having sex in a relationship, especially when you are 15-16 years old, shows that you don't really "know" that much more than the guys who do have sex all the time in their relationships - you are just a little different in perspective.

A relationship isn't about sex, but it isn't about NOT having sex either. You can have the worlds most sucessful long lasting and loving relationship but yet still be a horny bastard and fuck everyday of your life. Just like how you can be someone who doesn't have a strong libdo, and you are with someone who also doesn't have one, and be pretty happy and successful in your relationship. A relationship is about the sum of the parts and being able to connect to your partner on a personal level that is beyond friendship or association. For some, that can involve lots of intimate sex, or sex for pleasure. Not having sex isn't some kind of "moral high ground" to give you some kind of false egotistical edge over other people who do have sex. The only thing it means if that you simply have very little to no libido, and as such are most compatable with people who also have that same value.
    So far my bf and I have been going strong for a little over a year, even though I'm right now stuck in Germany. I cant wait to see him again. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #9006
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    to be fair I did find it in the trash.

theres also a CRT monitor there that I'm going to whisk away later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #9007
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,106 Posts
    All that goes through my mind is "AIDS" in bold capital letters. Orgy's are for the weak, in my mind. Controlling my sexuality is a very important part of my life. I don't find men attractive at all, and I would love to fuck girls all day, but god damn I want to control myself and be able to have a relationship with someone regardless of gender. Fuck my body, I don't care for it's wants.

Every relationship I've been in I've been the less sexual person, not by nature, but rather by choice.
    All I'd say is that orgies and sex aren't weak. This comes from the idea that sex is something dirty or bad... someone who have sex with loads of people isn't morally inferior to someone who's saving themselves for marriage. It's just a different approach. Neither is better.
    statistics are irrelevant when it happens to you just saying
    You're more likely to be run over by a car crossing the street than randomly murdered by a hookup.
    Hookups can be dodgy if you're not careful, but saying that you're not going to have sex in case you bed the next Dahmer is a silly approach to have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #9008
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    hurray the computer works perfectly.

It's not laggy at all even with a Pentium 4 and I have 250 GB of space, I'm gonna see if the other HDD was disconnected.

now, can anyone find me an antivirus? lol

Edited:

Okay the Pentium 4 in here is a P4 HT 641.

It's actually pretty cool, and its Socket 775 which means I CAN toss my Core 2 Duo in here :D

Edited:

Okay so I'm just going to toss my Core 2 Duo in here and use the 2600 thats sitting inside it.

Also up the RAM to like 2/3GB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9009
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    3,989 Posts
    Finding a fully working computer in the trash...

Some people get all the luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #9010
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Well hey, I don't have the stuff needed for the 486 system [A PS/2 mouse + Keyboard]

I have one adapter so I'll use that for a keyboard, but I still need a PS/2 mouse :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events

11. Post #9011
    July 2010
    2,519 Posts
    why all the cool/cute people live far away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #9012
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    why all the cool/cute people live far away
    because there are plenty of cool/cute people where everyone lives
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #9013
    July 2010
    2,519 Posts
    not here

unless I count

not really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Mexico Show Events

14. Post #9014
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,778 Posts
    not here

unless I count

not really
    ditto

15. Post #9015
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Wow I just found out that its a good thing I saw the computer today.

All of those electronics would have been carried out tomorrow morning.

16. Post #9016
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,539 Posts
    Wow I just found out that its a good thing I saw the computer today.

All of those electronics would have been carried out tomorrow morning.
    Wait, carried out to where? To be thrown away or possibly donated?

17. Post #9017
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    Wait, carried out to where? To be thrown away or possibly donated?
    Thrown away/recycled.

It really seems like someone just tossed this thing in there because it was old, thats about it. However I can find a use for it for sure. Maybe my 4870 will work in it

18. Post #9018
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,273 Posts
    Thrown away/recycled.

It really seems like someone just tossed this thing in there because it was old, thats about it. However I can find a use for it for sure. Maybe my 4870 will work in it
    3/4 of my LANbuild is made from dumpster computers - someone threw out a mostly working dual core athlon on my street.

I also one found some Audio vaccum tubes and one of these:

Form follows function...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

19. Post #9019
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    I still need a PS/2 mouse for my 486 computer :(

I only have USB ones dammit....

also this machine is literally just enough to play CS:GO with the Core 2 Duo, I'm still going to toss it in sometime soon.

I only have 2GB DDR2 to toss in it though, but oh well XP is 32 bit anyway.

Edited:

I'm planning on using this thing as a backup/filler computer and the 486 to play my DOS games.

Oh if only it had an AGP slot, I just found an ATI Rage 128 in a box.

20. Post #9020
    Dennab
    February 2011
    1,499 Posts
    what issues
    No job. 20 years old and live in mothers basement. Highschool dropout. Criminal record. Stuttered and slurred speech and being incapable of holding any sort of social network.

It goes on and on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #9021
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Found another computer. From the looks of it, the specs are:

1GB DDR2 667 MHz [checked in BIOS]
    Pentium 4 @ 3.20 GHz [checked in BIOS]
    a 250 GB 7200 RPM hard drive and another HDD that I didn't bother identifying
    Windows XP [though it won't recognize anything]
    ASUS CDRW drive? Not entirely sure
    Lite-On DVD Multi drive
    512MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro [yes it really is]

A very good find considering where I found it [just laying around on the street]

It looks like it MAY be the exact same socket as this 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo I have. I'll look into it. I also have like, 5 GB of DDR2 memory here that I can toss in as well, which I'll do later. I'm gonna reinstall the OS with a CD Key I have. Looks like an upgraded prebuilt to me.
    install some server linux distro, turn it into a home server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

22. Post #9022
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,705 Posts
    I just got back from a get-together with a lot of my friends from school, and it hit me that it's the last week of school here and a lot of my friends are graduating and moving on.

Fuck.
    Same. At least I'm capable of keeping in contact with a lot of them. A lot of the students here are very loyal to the school, often returning to help out with the clubs a lot, even after graduation.

All I'd say is that orgies and sex aren't weak. This comes from the idea that sex is something dirty or bad... someone who have sex with loads of people isn't morally inferior to someone who's saving themselves for marriage. It's just a different approach. Neither is better.

You're more likely to be run over by a car crossing the street than randomly murdered by a hookup.
    Hookups can be dodgy if you're not careful, but saying that you're not going to have sex in case you bed the next Dahmer is a silly approach to have.
    It isn't weak so much as self-restraint, since people naturally want to fuck. I'm not doing this because I think sex is 'bad' or anything, but rather because I personally don't want to. There's no such thing as 'morals', they're all subjective. I simply don't want to be controlled by my body, and this is part of my own mission to help find what I truly want in life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #9023
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    install some server linux distro, turn it into a home server
    Yeah I doubled the memory both in speed and amount. I tried putting my Core 2 Duo E6400 in there so it could be a temporary game playing machine but the CPU might have been defective. I'm just going to use it as web browsing/messing around and crap as well as burning floppy disks.

24. Post #9024
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,222 Posts
    computer talk aka i have no idea what you guys are saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #9025
    Otter Member
    May 2011
    4,600 Posts
    computer talk aka i have no idea what you guys are saying.

I'm just as lost as you are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #9026
    Go Shuya! You can do it Shuya!
    December 2005
    5,527 Posts
    someone close to me has HIV...I feel like crying, he said he's going in for another test because it could be a false positive, but I'm so fucking scared and sad for him...

13:45 -: but if im positive im almost certain i will kill myself

I'm gonna be sick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #9027
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,105 Posts
    How did he get it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #9028
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    How did he get it?
    If i happened to get it, it was from blood transfusions.
    I dont even know anymore. Im just dead inside.

Update:
    So my father went to the clinic again to check if something was wrong. And apparently they tested on the wrong sample.
    I'm so fucking happy right now. I swear i will appreciate life more after this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #9029
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,834 Posts
    FFS stop being sad, people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

30. Post #9030
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    Does everyone feel bad about a job interview once it's over?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #9031
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,028 Posts
    I feel bad after any interview.

Real sorry about your friend redback :-( . As far as i know though you can control HIV much better now due to moder medicine, so your friend can still lead a relatively normal life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #9032
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,423 Posts
    FFS stop being sad, people.
    I know HIV is a vary serious thing but the best way to fight it is to have a positive attitude, there are people who live out full lives being HIV positive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

33. Post #9033
    November 2010
    1,692 Posts
    If I recall, the HIV tests have a low specificity in order to make sure they catch everyone that has it. The downside is that you get a greater number of false-positives, so stay hopeful, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #9034
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    If I recall, the HIV tests have a low specificity in order to make sure they catch everyone that has it. The downside is that you get a greater number of false-positives, so stay hopeful, I guess.
    Thats what i was hoping for, but apparently they took a sample from another guy. I'm so grateful right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

35. Post #9035
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    3,989 Posts
    My mom wants me to go and donate blood with her tomorrow, what do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #9036
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    13:45 -: but if im positive im almost certain i will kill myself
    I would do that too tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #9037
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    My mom wants me to go and donate blood with her tomorrow, what do?
    Donate. It could save someone else's live. Especially if your type is 0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #9038
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Time to worry if I have dormant HIV again..

oh god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #9039
    Go Shuya! You can do it Shuya!
    December 2005
    5,527 Posts
    well I'm happy again...and my blood type is o+, I should donate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

40. Post #9040
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    I don't donate blood often because it terrifies me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)