1. Post #5201

May 2006
    9,051 Posts
    [h2]The running DLC list[/h2]
    [sub][sub]For the sake of argument, I consider this to be stuff you have to do more than just buying the standard edition of the game after it has come out in order to get[/sub][/sub]

M-55 Argus Assault Rifle
    N7 Assault Rifle
    N7 Armor
    N7 Arsenal SMG
    N7 Arsenal Shotgun
    N7 Arsenal Sniper Rifle
    N7 Arsenal Pistol
    AT12 Raider shotgun
    N7 hoodie for shepard
    Robot dog
       Prothean squadmate    "from ashes" mission
    Reckoner Knight set
    Squad Appearance pack
    Collector assault rifle (multiplayer only)
    Mass Effect: Infiltrator "exclusive weapons" (not stated what)
    Chakram launcher

This is leaving out ALL the multiplayer pack dlc stuff like the recruitment program, statues, artbook stuff and inevitable dr pepper / pepsi / coke / whatever tie ins.

You're seriously telling me that this is an acceptable amount of content to be left out of the game for marketing purposes.
    Um, most of that is in the collector's edition, and is probably mostly cosmetic. Stop getting your knickers in a twist, this is such an over-reaction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #5202
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    That's what I did too.

I preordered at Gamestop first but Origin preorders get a free copy of BF3.. so.. that's enough extras for me to switch over.

The amount of extra bonus preorder exlusivity content is annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5203
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    this thread is falling apart and I am enjoying every second of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #5204
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    So what, the    Prothean    is still in the game without the DLC, it just adds him as Squaddie and gives a side mission?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #5205
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,365 Posts
    He's bitching about people bitching because people bitching is annoying

also would calling what he's saying "bitching" not in itself be bitching?

I just want everyone to take a step back and look at this more objectively. I am not on the side of EA nor the people who want to burn them down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5206
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Wow the raptor actually kinda sucks
    It's based on the DLC sniper from ME2, of course it sucks.

7. Post #5207
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    this thread is falling apart and I am enjoying every second of it
    This is pretty immature, by nature.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #5208
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,353 Posts
    So what, the    Prothean    is still in the game without the DLC, it just adds him as Squaddie and gives a side mission?
    A source on this would be nice, I'm seeing people say "don't jump to conclusions" and "quit being such a dumbass he's still in the game", and a source would further their argument.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #5209
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    How the hell is this thread falling apart.. we're still discussing Mass Effect.

Anyway, you can't blame them. EA is just trying to make money just like every other for profit company..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #5210
    May 2011
    2,935 Posts
    Well excuse me for expecting better out of a community of mostly people I respect.
    You respecting the Bioware community is a larger issue that you and I don't have time to delve into right now.

He's bitching about people bitching because people bitching is annoying
    And continuing the cycle instead of shutting the fuck up is a brilliant way to solve that annoyance.

Should've taken the insulting sarcasm and ran with it into 'shutthefuckupville'.

Or he has more important things to do than really care about a game series?
    Clearly.

Made evident by the fact that he responded to the people talking about it in all caps and continues to respond with the fury of an angry fanboy.

Brilliant deduction   

-

You motherfuckers are silly as shit, all of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5211
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    It's based on the DLC sniper from ME2, of course it sucks.
    No it's not, the Incisor you can get too, this isn't burst either

and the ME2 one was awesome

12. Post #5212
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts

Anyway, you can't blame them. EA is just trying to make money just like every other for profit company..
    Valve don't have to resort to 50 billion pre-order incentives and they make plenty of money...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #5213
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    I mean it feels like a riot in here

and not a funny riot, an actual riot with burning buildings n shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #5214
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    273 Posts
    Valve don't have to resort to 50 billion pre-order incentives and they make plenty of money...
    Valve hardly releases games!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #5215
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    You motherfuckers are silly as shit, all of you.
    I love the rage you and every nerde here is giving.

Whine more about a game that you don't have to buy, none of you are entitled to a game series.

16. Post #5216
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,365 Posts
    You respecting the Bioware community is a larger issue that you and I don't have time to delve into right now.
    Actually, I was referring to the Facepunch community, and who I respect is none of your business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #5217
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Valve hardly releases games!
    A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #5218
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts

That's really over-dramatic. Its just a forum and drama.

19. Post #5219
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    But VALVe has a genius marketer at its helm, pretty much a monopoly on digital stores (as we've seen with the reaction to Origin), and has no publishers to please. Comparing them to a regular company is like comparing a magnifying glass left on a windowsill to the sun itself.

Edited:

That's really over-dramatic. Its just a forum and drama.
    well I do get the shakes quite a lot so maybe thats whats happening

20. Post #5220
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,547 Posts
    Where didya get up to Jackald
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #5221

May 2006
    9,051 Posts
    A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever.
    Unless it's been delayed for so many years general interest has been pretty much lost (see: DNF).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5222
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,651 Posts
    Just as people are jumping to a conclusion that the DLC will have plot crucial stuff or interesting stuff about the story people are jumping to a conclusion that it won't have anything crucial to the plot and nothing interesting to the story.

The higher chance is that it does have something to do with the lore of the universe in the game giving information about what happened to the protheans, to the interested fans. The chances are also that the prothean will be in the actual main game and be woven in to the story and the DLC will just add more personal stuff about the prothean. Either way it's a day 1 DLC that takes production time away from the game which isn't okay, so they have already lost on that part unless they change.

What really draws the line tough is if the prothean has some really fucking interesting shit involved with him in the DLC that explains a lot of what happened and is a major story event, this is unconfirmed tough. But as I stated they have already fucked up by making a day 1 DLC that has some semi-important stuff (It's a freakin shooting prothean as a squad mate) and takes them away from development time adding up with the other CE stuff (which is fairly minor but acts as the final straw)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #5223
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    So, I`ve been doing my first ME2 Insanity runthrough

First Thoughts:
    Holy shit.
    -Every enemy having shielding makes a lot of powers useless.
    Holy shit.
    -YMIR mechs become final boss-worthy enemies
    -Recruiting Garr-bear was one hell of an ordeal
    -I'm starting to feel sexual thoughts towards the Mattock

Man, I've only played through Me2 before once, but, Insanity is a whole new game. I don't really have the luxury to pick squaddies based on personal favorites, but now actually picking stats to compliment me. (Mordin's actually pretty sweet! Who'da thought that?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

24. Post #5224
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Fuckit, pre-order uncancelled.

You guys had better be right about this though or I am never buying another Bioware product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #5225
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,365 Posts
    Unless it's been delayed for so many years general interest has been pretty much lost (see: DNF).
    Actually, the final product of DNF was really in development for no more than 2 years, each build of the game from other devs were very, very different from the final product. (Obviously)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #5226
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    I'm genuinely frightened at the thought of the Collector ship on insanity

:C

27. Post #5227
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts

HOT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #5228
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,550 Posts
    What could you possibly learn or discover from this character that you would not just assume? How    the protheans fought the Reapers? They didn't, they just ran and died.   
    (Mass Effect 3 plot spoilers/speculation)    It's entirely possible that this Prothean was a part of The Crucible project during his time but had to go into stasis for a time where he and his comrades could come out before the Reapers arrive, create the Crucible or whatever anti-Reaper device, destroy them, and be heralded as gods. In fact, the Prothean data cache on Mars may even direct Shepard to what he believes to be a secret weapon when in actuality it is the last remaining member of the Crucible Project. Cue Crucible construction, Prothean assists you and tells you important shit needed for the Crucible. There may even be more to the Conduit Project from Mass Effect than we realize. Whatever.

Other than that possibility, he could give insight to the Protheans as to who they were and fill in some gaps on what we currently know of the Protheans.  

Bottom line is it's too early to tell anything for certain and our best bets are to wait for the game (I've said this no-brainer comment before)

"i'm making opinions based on leaked info that hasn't been confirmed look at me!"
    A handful of people who frequent this thread have been doing that since the leaks first surfaced. I'd just ignore it/them.

29. Post #5229
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    I'm genuinely frightened at the thought of the Collector ship on insanity

:C
    Harbinger is a CUNT on insanity.

You literally have to get used to clearing a room of collector's faster than he can spawn. He's so fucking annoying with that black hole thing. argh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #5230
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

Eh, we're supposed to be talking about this.. whether it be arguing or not.

31. Post #5231
    May 2011
    2,935 Posts
    I love the rage you and every nerde here is giving.
    I like how you call everyone a nerd when you disagree or dislike something going on inside a thread in the most dismissive manner, like dysphemisms are the only 'language' you know how to speak in times when you're too lazy to engage in an actual conversation, because it might require some effort.

And then, after being certain that you've avoided the need to use your brain and what little debate skills you may have, you run up into your ivory tower and act as though you're not the cancer of the ME thread, responding to everyone's posts and telling all of us that you have a boyfriend every five or ten minutes.

This guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #5232
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    Harbinger is a CUNT on insanity.

You literally have to get used to clearing a room of collector's faster than he can spawn. He's so fucking annoying with that black hole thing. argh.
    Okay, I'd actually love some help from strategists.

I'm running a Soldier (boring, I know, slag me for it later, KK). What's my best loadout with squads and guns?

I usually roll with the
    -Mattock
    -Collector Beam
    -Geth Shotgun
    -Phalanx
    -Default Sniper (can't remember the name)

And my standard crew is usually Garrus/Miranda

Advice?

33. Post #5233
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,346 Posts
    Fuckit, pre-order uncancelled.

You guys had better be right about this though or I am never buying another Bioware product.
    Day 1 DLC is not a double negative, several other Bioware in the recent future had it, including (the spotless, flawless, no mistakes ever blahblahblah) Dragon Age: Origins and (the bad, horrible, incredibad blahblahblah) Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Step outside and take a deep breath, this is just a game, dude, relax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5234
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,174 Posts
    Bottom line is it's too early to tell anything for certain and our best bets are to wait for the game (I've said this no-brainer comment before)
       Except he turns out to be indoctrinated anyways, so literally everything he says is suspect.   

35. Post #5235
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,854 Posts
    can I have less RUINED FOREVER in my mass effect thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #5236
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    Okay, I'd actually love some help from strategists.

I'm running a Soldier (boring, I know, slag me for it later, KK). What's my best loadout with squads and guns?

I usually roll with the
    -Mattock
    -Collector Beam
    -Geth Shotgun
    -Phalanx
    -Default Sniper (can't remember the name)

And my standard crew is usually Garrus/Miranda

Advice?
    Good but I'd used:
    -Vindicator (mattock works here too until you get the Revenant)
    -Collector Beam
    -Geth Shotgun
    -Phalanx
    -Incisor

with Mordin and Zaeed.

37. Post #5237
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    I like how you call everyone a nerd when you disagree or dislike something going on inside a thread in the most dismissive manner, like dysphemisms are the only 'language' you know how to speak in times when you're too lazy to engage in an actual conversation, because it might require some effort.

And then, after being certain that you've avoided the need to use your brain and what little debate skills you may have, you run up into your ivory tower and act as though you're not the cancer of the ME thread, responding to everyone's posts and telling all of us that you have a boyfriend every five or ten minutes.

This guy.

I actually haven't mentioned my Boyfriend, (untill just now) and whenever I do, its just in passing. If the fact I have a lover sets off something deep inside you, I'm truly sorry for how lonely you are.

And you're right, I can't be assed to join a bunch of people flipping the fuck out over stupid shit like DLC and tiny add-ons when the game isn't out yet.

How about you act like an sensible adult, wait for the game, and than make a judgement before flipping out and proving you never had to deal with a real problem in your life?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #5238
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    can I have less RUINED FOREVER in my mass effect thread
    I might be a gottam minority, but I'm counting down the minutes until ME3
    Pre-ordered Collectors edition, baby! SO EXCITED!

I don't see why you're all "RUINED FOREVER, BIOWARE SUCKS!"

Game's not even out yet! I'm certain it'll have all the things we loved about ME2. Little secrets, witty dialogue(I predict at least 3 memes), great character moments, and above all else, shooting and lootin' that's tighter than a nun's vagina. IF the combats as solid as ME2, I can't wait!

Although, I bought DNF balls of steel, so I might not be the best judge of things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #5239
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,651 Posts
    Day 1 DLC is not a double negative, several other Bioware in the recent future had it, including (the spotless, flawless, no mistakes ever blahblahblah) Dragon Age: Origins and (the bad, horrible, incredibad blahblahblah) Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Step outside and take a deep breath, this is just a game, dude, relax.
    ME2 day 1 DLC was free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #5240
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,277 Posts
    I might be a gottam minority, but I'm counting down the minutes until ME3
    Pre-ordered Collectors edition, baby! SO EXCITED!

I don't see why you're all "RUINED FOREVER, BIOWARE SUCKS!"

Game's not even out yet! I'm certain it'll have all the things we loved about ME2. Little secrets, witty dialogue(I predict at least 3 memes), great character moments, and above all else, shooting and lootin' that's tighter than a nun's vagina. IF the combats as solid as ME2, I can't wait!

Although, I bought DNF balls of steel, so I might not be the best judge of things.

ME1 and ME2 were good and has the same writers. I don't think ME3 will cock this the fuck up.