1. Post #6441
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,288 Posts
    BioWare loves to make characters who refers to humans or other humanoids as "squishy" or "soft creatures" or "meatbags".
    Really, just take those 2:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #6442
    June 2008
    879 Posts
    The reason why the multiplayer character is so big is because the Human Soldier's and Vanguard's are wearing that bulky armor. Shepard will be the same size if you're wearing the N7 Defender Armor. Use the Engineer for a proper comparison.
    Good point I didn't even think of that! Lemme get a new comparison up see if its different.

Edited:

Here it is with the Engineer, A little closer but still seemingly larger/higher up, that could be just a random thing, but anyways its still bigger than ME2.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #6443
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    So heres a DLC question for ME2.

Which 2 out of the 4 dlcs should I buy, out of Shadow Broker, Overlord, Arrival and Kasumi? I won't have enough money for all 3 so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #6444
    What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
    April 2007
    4,305 Posts
    I got Shadow Broker and Arrival, because they seemed the most relevant to the main story. I've heard good things about Overlord though.

5. Post #6445
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    I got Shadow Broker and Arrival, because they seemed the most relevant to the main story. I've heard good things about Overlord though.
    That's what I was thinking, but Liara will be disappointed in me when I pursue Tali for romance.

Also, is that Olan Rogers as your avatar?

6. Post #6446
    What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
    April 2007
    4,305 Posts
    I was thinking the same. Especially since she was my romance in ME1. Also, yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #6447
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    That's what I was thinking, but Liara will be disappointed in me when I pursue Tali for romance.

Also, is that Olan Rogers as your avatar?
    Liara > Tali
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

8. Post #6448
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,914 Posts
    Finally got my save ready for ME3.

Finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #6449
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts

2:05 is the most intimidating moment of mass effect

ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #6450
    my manboobs are so large that they look like tits
    October 2011
    1,878 Posts
    Soleedus posted:

ever
    It's the sight of the Collector Cruiser just jumping in. And the music. Oh god that music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #6451
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts

ever
    How did they all fit inside that shuttle

Edited:

BioWare loves to make characters who refers to humans or other humanoids as "squishy" or "soft creatures" or "meatbags".
    Really, just take those 2:

Golems and robots are pretty similar so it's not surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #6452
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    So I bought Shadow Broker and Overlord.
    Now I'm just deciding between Kasumi and Arrival..

13. Post #6453
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    kasumi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #6454
    So I bought Shadow Broker and Overlord.
    Now I'm just deciding between Kasumi and Arrival..
    Zasumi is waaaaaaay better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #6455
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Buy me ME1 and I will
    How do you not have.. just look up a screenshot.

16. Post #6456
    June 2008
    879 Posts
    How do you not have.. just look up a screenshot.
    I had ME1 on 360...

Here's the best I could do:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

17. Post #6457
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

Which 2 out of the 4 dlcs should I buy, out of Shadow Broker, Overlord, Arrival and Kasumi? I won't have enough money for all 3 so.
    Shadowbroker and... Kasumi.

and Arrival.. and.. I just bought all of them because I wanted to play more ME2 to ward off ME3 anxiety.

Seriously though. Shadow Broker and Kasumi (for a cool new character skill) or Arrival (which I didn't think was that great.)

18. Post #6458
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    I got Kasumi, figured it would be more enjoyable. Thank you all for your input <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #6459
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Overlord has got a really nice story, is fairly long and has a really nice and emotional closure.

Arrival is the worst of ME2 DLC imo, really short and talking to harbinger was lame as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #6460
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,288 Posts
    Yet Arrival connects ME2 and ME3, so for better understanding of ME3 story you need to play this. Although if you don't have it, no problem. The ending is always the same, plus in ME3, if you haven't played some ME2 DLCs, their progress still will be counted. Of course, since LoTSB or Overlord has decisions which affects the story in one way or another, lack of those DLCs will give you the decisions you wouldn't like in ME3. But wil Arrival it's ok cause there's no decisions and ending is one - 300,000 dead batarians. You can just watch its playthrough on YouTube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #6461
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    Yet Arrival connects ME2 and ME3, so for better understanding of ME3 story you need to play this. Although if you don't have it, no problem. The ending is always the same, plus in ME3, if you haven't played some ME2 DLCs, their progress still will be counted. Of course, since LoTSB or Overlord has decisions which affects the story in one way or another, lack of those DLCs will give you the decisions you wouldn't like in ME3. But wil Arrival it's ok cause there's no decisions and ending is one - 300,000 dead batarians. You can just watch its playthrough on YouTube.
    Yeah that's what I figured I would do, watch it on Youtube. Plus Overlord looks really interesting.

22. Post #6462
    October 2010
    937 Posts
    Im just curious, will there be any consequences in ME3 about Overlord DLC? I mean will it influence somehow or it is just a little story DLC for ME2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

23. Post #6463
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,436 Posts
    What the fuck, the medic/scientist on tuchanka has a shop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #6464
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    I had ME1 on 360...

Here's the best I could do:
    You know why this is so? It's a trick used by console developers (and some PC devs of little honour) to render less of the environment by having something big covering part of the screen. It's usually used to compensate for the clockwork processing power (like performing a maths calculation with a steam-powered difference engine) of Generation 7 consoles, though it's leaked into certain PC games as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #6465
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,769 Posts
    300000 dead batarians. who gives a fuck, really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #6466
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,955 Posts
    By the way, anyone else think Arvuti is silly waiting for a pageking to post his content?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #6467
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    By the way, anyone else think Arvuti is silly waiting for a pageking to post his content?
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

28. Post #6468
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,955 Posts
    Could be a long wait.

29. Post #6469
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,365 Posts
    Yep, 11 posts he'd have to wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #6470
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,989 Posts

Edited:

I'm gonna steal the pageking from him too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

31. Post #6471
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Me too!

32. Post #6472
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts

Edited:

I'm gonna steal the pageking from him too
    dont care about page king, i just dont like posting shit at the end of pages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6473
    December 2009
    8,729 Posts
    Question again

Does anyone here have a functional edit of the ToggleHUD command in the config file. i'm trying to get it to work for taking screenshots, but i cant get it to work. Anyone willing to help / give advice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #6474
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,955 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 5 (list)

35. Post #6475
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    dem cheekbones

36. Post #6476
    February 2011
    622 Posts

Shadow Broker and Kasumi are the best imo.

Shadow Broker and Arrival probably most important to the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #6477
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,955 Posts
    Shadow Broker and Kasumi are the best imo.

Shadow Broker and Arrival probably most important to the story.
    I'd say Broker and Arrival. Overlord and Kasumi aren't really important to the story at all.

Edited:

Hey guys! Look! Plothole plugging!

September 14, 2186

Cerberus expansion deemed “significant threat”

By Iris Dunnigan

CITADEL – A report by the salarian Special Tasks Group, warning of the increasing danger of human-supremacist group Cerberus, is garnering attention in the halls of the Citadel Tower. ANN has agreed not to publish the classified report’s contents, but experts within the STG, speaking on condition of anonymity, warn that what was once considered a small and extremely select group has grown drastically in size and power. “There has always been a segment of the human population that believes the Council government is lying to them,” said one agent. “Cerberus exploits that fear.” A confiscated recruitment video included in the report states the Cerberus mentality plainly: “Other species may talk with us, trade with us, even live with us, but when a crisis comes, we are on our own.”

Critics of the report are quick to point out its flaws. “This report covers ground that Spectre intelligence has already covered,” said one Tower insider. ”We know Cerberus has the ability to field many troops, build a stealth frigate, and conduct groundbreaking research. It’s been clear for months, even years, that Cerberus is growing in numbers, but when it comes to how Cerberus are able to do all this, STG only says, ‘we don’t know yet.’ It is past the point where that is acceptable.”

Iris Dunnigan anchors ANN’s “Headlines Now” and often transmits on location for breaking news.

So apparently Cerberus expanded MASSIVELY and mysteriously since ME2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

38. Post #6478
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    I'd say Broker and Arrival. Overlord and Kasumi aren't really important to the story at all.

Edited:

Hey guys! Look! Plothole plugging!

So apparently Cerberus expanded MASSIVELY and mysteriously since ME2.
    That's neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

39. Post #6479
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,828 Posts
    Hoorah for Fascism, join Cerberus today!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #6480
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    fuck da police

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)