1. Post #6801
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    That, for me, is not enough to discount the magazine in its entirety. The Escapist gave Dragon Age 2 a 10/10 and Destructoid gave Final Fantasy XIII a 4/10. I happen to disagree with both (both merit about a 7.5, maybe 8/10 from me), but I don't discount the entire publication because I disagree with a single review.

But hey, guess we'll see in a week.
    PC Gamer gave Dragon Age 2 like 9/10 if memory serves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #6802
    March 2010
    59 Posts
    that magazine gave dragon age II a 9/10
    Gamestar is using a Point System up to 100 Points and not up to 10.
    Guess you mean another Game Magazine. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #6803
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    Gamestar is using a Point System up to 100 Points and not up to 10.
    Guess you mean another Game Magazine. ;)
    Or he could just mean 90/100 which, if my mathematical skills are accurate and we use advanced algebraic formulae, quadratic equations and logarithmic functions, works out to approximately.

9/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #6804
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    Does Origin not charge you until the game is released/preloadable?

I preordered the DDE about a week ago and I've yet to be charged the $80. It is in my library however.
    I was charged for it already, but in the FAQ it says you would be charged when it comes out IIRC.
    So I have no idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #6805
    May 2011
    601 Posts
    PC Gamer gave Dragon Age 2 like 9/10 if memory serves.
    94 and Editors Choice. Yeah, they got paid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6806
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    Maybe the reviewer liked it?

Or maybe their opinion is wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #6807
    March 2010
    59 Posts
    Or he could just mean 90/100 which, if my mathematical skills are accurate and we use advanced algebraic formulae, quadratic equations and logarithmic functions, works out to approximately.

9/10
    Well it has to be another Magazine, 87 aren't 90 or 9/10 Points. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

8. Post #6808
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts
    Maybe the reviewer liked it?

Or maybe their opinion is wrong.
    To play devil's advocate here, it's difficult to consider Dragon Age 2 above an 8.5 even if we're looking at it objectively. Aesthetics and story are somewhat debatable, but some of the design decisions were just flat-out poor ideas. The heavily re-used dungeons, moderately lifeless Kirkwall and waves of enemies in battle simply weren't smart choices.

I enjoyed the game, but it definitely didn't feel like it had the "heart" that Dragon Age: Origins did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #6809
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    lol, whats body fat?

Not sure if uncanny valley or just terrible idea of what people actually look like.
    They've already stated flatly there are no fat humans in the future due to genetic modification. (which is nice way of saying they didn't feel like modifying the meshes)

10. Post #6810
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    Well it has to be another Magazine, 87 aren't 90 or 9/10 Points. ;)
    I hear there's this newfangled technology the kids are using these days called "rounding"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #6811
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Krogan Soldier = Melee everything.
    On Bronze. Krogan rapidly become shit on any other difficulty. Scaling plz k thx.

12. Post #6812
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,467 Posts
    What is the meaning of ding dong bannu>>?????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

13. Post #6813
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Whoa wait, where the fuck did the collectors come from (talking about the ones in ME3). Didn't we blow up all their shit?
    No. There are tens of thousands of Collectors. One base does not an extermination equal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6814
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts

Someone took the piss out of a notoriously shit mod on the bioware forums that tends to ban people who criticise bioware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

15. Post #6815
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    It's kind of like blowing up the earth, yeah lots of humans would be totally fucked but at the same time there are humans scattered around the galaxy, so that wouldn't mean that humanity is extinct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

16. Post #6816
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,438 Posts

Someone took the piss out of a notoriously shit mod on the bioware forums that tends to ban people who criticise bioware.
    Through not subtle at all stereotyping, stay classy.

17. Post #6817
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts
    There's a mod on BSN called Stanley Woo who basically bans anyone who says Bioware aren't the best company in the world. Somebody made an account called Stanry Roo and impersonated him, saying shit like "THREAD CLOSED. END OF RINE.

------RINE ENDS HERE."

and "YOU NO THINK BIOWARU ARE BEST COMPANY? DING DONG BANNU."

To be honest that is basically all Stanley Woo ever says
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6818
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    Through not subtle at all stereotyping, stay classy.
    You are not saren

19. Post #6819
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    They've already stated flatly there are no fat humans in the future due to genetic modification. (which is nice way of saying they didn't feel like modifying the meshes)
    as of ME3 the heaviest human in the entire galaxy would be meathead Vega

20. Post #6820
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    you guys
    I love how you resist the categorization of something by categorizing people.

Classy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #6821
    : |
    February 2009
    3,672 Posts
    Fuck solo multiplayer, I just trudged through so many waves by myself only for it to tell me that it "lost connection to the EA server".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #6822
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,914 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #6823
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    There's a mod on BSN called Stanley Woo who basically bans anyone who says Bioware aren't the best company in the world. Somebody made an account called Stanry Roo and impersonated him, saying shit like "THREAD CLOSED. END OF RINE.

------RINE ENDS HERE."

and "YOU NO THINK BIOWARU ARE BEST COMPANY? DING DONG BANNU."

To be honest that is basically all Stanley Woo ever says
    yea keep justifying that horrible racism...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17 (list)

24. Post #6824
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts
    It's a JOKE. It'd be no different than if I had made a joke about white people and country clubs.

As the late George Carlin said (paraphrased): "I believe you can joke about anything; it's all in how you construct the joke and what the exaggeration is."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #6825
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,846 Posts
    No genetic differences either it seems.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 13 (list)

26. Post #6826
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts
    did I ever say I supported it though

27. Post #6827
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts

Maybe it's just the angle, but they do look pretty different...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #6828
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts

did anyone else check if the picture scrolled down

Edited:

also Commander Shepard has weird fucking nipples
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #6829
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,013 Posts

blood dragon with no helmet, fuck yea
    Its Back? YES! My renegade Shep uses this armour in ME2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

30. Post #6830
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    It's a JOKE. It'd be no different than if I had made a joke about white people and country clubs.

As the late George Carlin said (paraphrased): "I believe you can joke about anything; it's all in how you construct the joke and what the exaggeration is."
    *giggles at you*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #6831
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts

Pretty good, though I think it would be better if Shepard wasn't in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #6832
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,881 Posts
    We need a Mass Effect movie, starring Mark Vanderloo

I mean, with a game so big, and characters modeled after real people, the movie would be a really good Game to Movie (For once)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

33. Post #6833
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,168 Posts
    Shepard should be played by Jason Statham if they made a movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #6834
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts

I mean, with a game so big, and characters modeled after real people, the movie would be a really good Game to Movie (For once)
    Well yeah, but I'd imagine Vanderloo has a bit of an accent. Not that that'd kill it for me, I think it'd be pretty cool, just that it might make things a slightly odd.

Plus, I have no idea if Vanderloo can act to any capability. That'd be kind of important.

35. Post #6835
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts

Problem is that while Mark Vanderloo obviously looks the part, he's a model, not an actor.

36. Post #6836
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Vanderloo would be a shit actor and compressing a 20 hour game into an hour and half movie will be as shitty as it sounds.

Meanwhile:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #6837
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,916 Posts

god seeing this is fucking weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #6838
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,999 Posts
    oh and just try and imagine him talking and sounding like anyone other than Mark Meer

in fact try and imagine him sounding like Jean-Claud Van Damme

39. Post #6839
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,117 Posts
    Anyone think that

Was still a better menu theme than the other song they used? I mean, I know its from arrival but it had that sinister feel to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #6840
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    Shepard uses his basketball skills during his downtime to convince the other races to join the fight against the Reapers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)