1. Post #9241
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Hamburger helper writes for them. Is that not enough evidence.
    Good point, I guess they are dying!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #9242
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    416 Posts
    If you can run ME2 you can run ME3.

ME2 also ran better than ME1 due to several optimization. I can verify by the fact I struggled to run ME1 on my old Rig, ME2 ran like silk.
    I can run me2 fine but me3 demo had low fps, not game breaking, but i'd prefer to be able to turn graphics down a bit other than just disabling AA and dynamic lighting so it runs smoother.

3. Post #9243
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,208 Posts
    You can you know just download it instead of supporting the game dev and still have fun
    Totalbiscuit makes a good point as to why this is NOT a good way to show you do not support the developers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #9244
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,037 Posts
    Garrus: Well...there was this wise-ass marine...Jimmy Vega? Sounds like a pole dancer on Omega.

I fucking love Garrus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #9245
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,536 Posts
    Garrus and Vega sounds like an awesome duo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

6. Post #9246
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts
    Too bad about 70% of it is unoriginal.
    There isn't ANYTHING in Halo that's original, and Seropian and Jones have said exactly that. Pretty much everything is taken from Pournell, Niven and Ing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #9247
    March 2009
    16,208 Posts
    "Now, believe it or not, this damn gun still needs calibrating"

Oh Garrus...

8. Post #9248
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm okay with these endings.    You have stopped the cycle that had been repeating itself for hundreds of thousands of years, and no one could even resist that. What did you expect? Just punch them all to death? Of course the Galaxy is in ruins and every way of communication is broken, species scattered among the stars and planets   .
    Wrong.

Destroy starts the ENTIRE cycles over again, which paves the way for something even worse than the reapers or what the reapers tried to stop. It also puts Krogans pretty squarely in a position of being total badasses due to their memory and lifespan when things finally get back into shape. Control literally keeps the cycle, just puts a benevolent (unless renegade) dictator in charge. Synergy is the only actual break in the cycle and it breaks it by basically FINISHING it.The writing and implications are astoundingly shortsighted on all counts.   

9. Post #9249

September 2010
    177 Posts
    Why are the Reapers so stupid?

Why didn't they use the Collectors to prevent galactic civilization from discovering the prothean beacon on Eden Prime? Instead they relied on some stupid turian named Saren to do the bidding of Sovereign and that ended up putting a huge pin in their plans.

Why are they choosing to cut off society after they show up to kill everything? By using the Collectors they could disable all of the relays before they show up which would ensure that galactic civilization will not be prepared for the oncoming invasion.

This next one always rustles my jimmies. Why didn't the Reapers make every relay and Alpha relay? If I were a Reaper I'd totally do that. I'd give myself as much of a tactical advantage as possible.

The Reapers are just stupid robots.
    There was a theory that there was a race before the Reapers that created the Relays and the Citadel, but it's totally invalid now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #9250
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Totalbiscuit makes a good point as to why this is NOT a good way to show you do not support the developers.
    Don't throw out that video every time someone raises that question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #9251
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    508 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm okay with these endings.    You have stopped the cycle that had been repeating itself for hundreds of thousands of years, and no one could even resist that. What did you expect? Just punch them all to death? Of course the Galaxy is in ruins and every way of communication is broken, species scattered among the stars and planets   .
    Have you not used the new melee attack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #9252
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,706 Posts
    Wrong.

Destroy starts the ENTIRE cycles over again, which paves the way for something even worse than the reapers or what the reapers tried to stop. It also puts Krogans pretty squarely in a position of being total badasses due to their memory and lifespan when things finally get back into shape. Control literally keeps the cycle, just puts a benevolent (unless renegade) dictator in charge. Synergy is the only actual break in the cycle and it breaks it by basically FINISHING it.The writing and implications are astoundingly shortsighted on all counts.   
    Wow... I haven't really look into the spoilers, so I really might be wrong then. But    How can cycle start again if mass relays and citadel are destroyed?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #9253
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,037 Posts
    "Now, believe it or not, this damn gun still needs calibrating"

Oh Garrus...
    I'm really liking how squadmates talk to each other while on the ship. One of the biggest aspects lacking from the previous two games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #9254
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts
        Because there's nothing to keep anyone in check. With Destroy you literally start from scratch, and Guardian even says almost all tech will also be destroyed, including AIs, VIs, and Eezo-Tech. All the lessons that would have been learned are lost. So you get a reprieve, and the you get your new Krogan overlords making the Salarians and Quarians build giant death robots or upgrade all Krogans with sparkly bits to kill their enemies even more efficiently, hmm seems familiar, somehow. All the methods of keeping wisdom and caution would taken away along with the dangers, leaving you to do it all over again after a time.   

15. Post #9255
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,000 Posts
    Wow... I haven't really look into the spoilers, so I really might be wrong then. But    How can cycle start again if mass relays and citadel are destroyed?   
       From a guess, it sounds like the Reapers were only protecting against a cycle that destroyed their precursors or what have you.   

16. Post #9256
    July 2010
    3,800 Posts
    Anyone try the multiplayer portion of the demo again? How much easier is it to unlock classes now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #9257
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,706 Posts
        Because there's nothing to keep anyone in check. With Destroy you literally start from scratch, and Guardian even says almost all tech will also be destroyed, including AIs, VIs, and Eezo-Tech. All the lessons that would have been learned are lost. So you get a reprieve, and the you get your new Krogan overlords making the Salarians and Quarians build giant death robots or upgrade all Krogans with sparkly bits to kill their enemies even more efficiently, hmm seems familiar, somehow. All the methods of keeping wisdom and caution would taken away along with the dangers, leaving you to do it all over again after a time.   
    Sounds quite fair to me.    If the technology an ancient gods offer requires your civiliztion to be destroyed eventually, then fuck that technology.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #9258
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Anyone try the multiplayer portion of the demo again? How much easier is it to unlock classes now?
    I finally got a Krogan Soldier yesterday after spending my Gold match earnings on 2 veteran packs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #9259
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,679 Posts
     Doesn't count, you were with Shepard.   "

You know that statement could apply for pretty much anything in the ME series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #9260
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts
    You get a guaranteed gold in every vet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #9261
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Have you not used the new melee attack?
    Doubt it'd do much against the Reapers, even though they're overpowered like nothing should be

Edited:

I'm really liking how squadmates talk to each other while on the ship. One of the biggest aspects lacking from the previous two games.
    Yeah, but that was because they were standing on the same fucking spot 24/7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

22. Post #9262
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,886 Posts
    Welp, time to power through ME2. Gotta have this done before I leave to sit outside EB Games on March 5th.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

23. Post #9263
    March 2009
    16,208 Posts
    Don't throw out that video every time someone raises that question.
    What?
    1. TB raises an excellent point in the video that makes complete sense.
    2. The guy I quoted wasn't raising a question at all, never mind "that question" you're referring to- whatever it is.
    3. Its probably not the video you're thinking about.

24. Post #9264
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts
    Hamburger helper writes for them. Is that not enough evidence.
    She has nothing to do with Mass Effect, and saying an entire company is dying because of one writer who does not enjoy video games is fucking moronic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #9265
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    What?
    1. TB raises an excellent point in the video that makes complete sense.
    2. The guy I quoted wasn't raising a question at all, never mind "that question" you're referring to- whatever it is.
    3. Its probably not the video you're thinking about.
    You're right, my mistake.

26. Post #9266
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    Never wanted to see the endings, truly. Had it happen by accident. This thread, actually. User had tagged it. Should've warned that it was a spoiler of such magnitude. No hard feelings though, not his fault. Spoilers inevitable though. People are so bad about keeping secrets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

27. Post #9267
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,740 Posts
    She has nothing to do with Mass Effect, and saying an entire company is dying because of one writer who does not enjoy video games is fucking moronic.
    Let's assume that hamburger helper has nothing to do with Mass Effect and deeply analyze the logic of the writing for each Mass Effect game.

The first one was great because you felt that your decisions really made an impact on where the story went. It felt like your ability of free will let you form your own story. You got to make morally compromising decisions which caused other characters in the game to perceive you in certain ways, just like what would occur in the real world if you were in Shepard's position during all of these decisions.

Then you hit the end of the game, and feel satisfied because not only was the ending purely amazing, but you also felt that you did everything right based on your own set of ideals. Great, right?

Wrong. Once you're dumped into the sequal you realize all of your past decisions were moot. Out of the thousands of decisions in Mass Effect 1, only a handful make it into the second game. The rest are in the form of inbox spam to provide slight closure.

Save the council? HAHA DOESN'T MATTER. Even if you killed them and got an all human council Bioware just passes it off as "SAME BULLSHIT, DIFFERENT LEADERS" because they're lazy.

Save the rachni? Doesn't matter. You go through the second game and have a run-in with an Asari who met the Rachni on an uncharted world, and regardless of your decision the Turian councilman still hates you. You can only hope that your decision was the right one for Mass Effect 3. GREAT, THANKS A LOT BIOWARE. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER TWO YEARS BEFORE I KNOW IF MY DECISION ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING.

Kill Ashley on Virmire? So what. It's a sad gripping moment for about 10 minutes and after that it's like nothing happened. Story-wise it does nothing to advance the plot other than make the player give in on a hard decision.

My point is the writers for Mass Effect are lazy. They give the illusion that you're driving the story and forming your own ending when really it's always going to result in a fixed outcome.

I'm not expecting Bioware to make every possible decision lead to their own parallels of the "main" story. That would be ludicrous. The least they could do is not shove a huge middle finger in my face by making me wait a few years to see if my decision actually made an impact only to discover, BIG SHOCKER, it didn't.

Why bother saving the council if it doesn't even matter? Why was the choice even offered to you if they were always going to keep things the same? To let you put a piece of yourself in your character? I feel that's just an excuse for "We couldn't be assed to actually change anything."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #9268
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

Am I missing anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #9269
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts
    Big wall of opinionated text that I do not agree with.
    Well your opinion is your opinion, if you don't like Mass Effect, okay. But saying that this company is dying because of your opinion is still moronic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

30. Post #9270
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    You get a guaranteed gold in every vet.
    But.. it doesn't transfer to the full game.. so what's the point.

31. Post #9271
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,740 Posts
    Well your opinion is your opinion, if you don't like Mass Effect, okay. But saying that this company is dying because of your opinion is still moronic.
    Oh no, I never said I hated Mass Effect. I love Mass Effect. I hate the idea that everything I do doesn't matter, but the first game is mint. I'm just saying I don't like BioWare.

Oh yeah,    and Cerberus finds more Rachni and makes them evil    and you have to fight them. WHO KNEW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #9272
    March 2009
    16,208 Posts
    Let's assume that hamburger helper has nothing to do with Mass Effect and deeply analyze the logic of the writing for each Mass Effect game.

The first one was great because you felt that your decisions really made an impact on where the story went. It felt like your ability of free will let you form your own story. You got to make morally compromising decisions which caused other characters in the game to perceive you in certain ways, just like what would occur in the real world if you were in Shepard's position during all of these decisions.

Then you hit the end of the game, and feel satisfied because not only was the ending purely amazing, but you also felt that you did everything right based on your own set of ideals. Great, right?

Wrong. Once you're dumped BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH
    I swear to God, I've seen this rant sooooo many times. We get it.

33. Post #9273
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts

Am I missing anything?
    Still waiting on My Collector rifle x 2

34. Post #9274
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,545 Posts
    Oh no, I never said I hated Mass Effect. I love Mass Effect. I hate the idea that everything I do doesn't matter, but the first game is mint. I'm just saying I don't like BioWare.

Oh yeah, and Cerberus finds more Rachni and makes them evil and you have to fight them. WHO KNEW.   
    I actually didn't know that... thanks for spoiling.

35. Post #9275
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,027 Posts
    But.. it doesn't transfer to the full game.. so what's the point.

Many people still haven't got to play as teh aliems yet because of the RNG distribution. I started with a guaranteed Krogan Revenant Widow and Carnifex, and I still haven't gotten a Salarian yet. The system needs tweaking, better to do it now and then process it for the day 1 patch than have assloads of angry customers.

36. Post #9276
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,740 Posts
    I actually didn't know that... thanks for spoiling.
    You mean you didn't expect that?

Even if you    keep the station to please Cerberus, Cerberus still fights you.   

~bioware doesn't care~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

37. Post #9277
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,318 Posts

Oh yeah, and Cerberus finds more Rachni and makes them evil and you have to fight them. WHO KNEW   .
    Spoilers now too? Thanks! maybe you don't care for the story, or don't like bioware, but I do, and I am sure many other here do aswell. Your opinion is your own, not everyone is going to share it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

38. Post #9278
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,468 Posts
    Help. Replaying ME2 and importing my level 51 soldier. Should I stick with soldier or go with Vanguard, or another class? Or stick with soldier and get even more abilities?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #9279
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Still waiting on My Collector rifle x 2
    What's the maximum upgrade amount for Collector rifles.

I plan to just go to a Barnes and Noble and see if I can get the codes.

40. Post #9280
    January 2010
    725 Posts
    You mean you didn't expect that?

Even if you keep the station to please Cerberus, Cerberus still fights you.

~bioware doesn't care~
    I don't know about you, but you make it sound like you can do a better job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)