1. Post #4801
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,752 Posts
    They let us preload Battlefield 3 so I assume there will be one for ME3.
    Which begs to ask the question: will they also ship early?They did if for BF3 too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #4802
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    Oh man I'm so excited. Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6th. I have March 6th off. My gamestop is doing a midnight release. AND My college's spring break is March 4th-10th.
    Mine's March 18-25. Damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4803
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,567 Posts
    Which begs to ask the question: will they also ship early?They did if for BF3 too.
    what do you mean by early. for retail things always arrive before the release date (and end up sitting out back for a week), imagine the madness if they didn't. this is how every major game ends up being leaked a week early.

4. Post #4804
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    I was to prepare for release

FUCK
    I lost all my saves, RIP Jill and John Shepard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4805
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    what do you mean by early. for retail things always arrive before the release date (and end up sitting out back for a week), imagine the madness if they didn't. this is how every major game ends up being leaked a week early.
    Well GameStop says the shipping date is March 6th for PC CE. And Standard Shipping is like 5-10 days.

6. Post #4806
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,567 Posts
    Well GameStop says the shipping date is March 6th for PC CE. And Standard Shipping is like 5-10 days.
    oh he meant to homes, i thought to retailers

7. Post #4807
    December 2008
    11,752 Posts
    Yeah. It'll probably arrive like 3 days after general release for those who got standard shipping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #4808
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    Gonna call the GameStop near me tomorrow to see if they have any PC CEs left. I hope they do, but I doubt there will be any. Otherwise, I'll have to get the DD.

9. Post #4809
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts
    Gonna call the GameStop near me tomorrow to see if they have any PC CEs left. I hope they do, but I doubt there will be any. Otherwise, I'll have to get the DD.
    I'm not singling you out here, but why do so many people wait until it's nearly release day to order a limited edition item? I don't mean any disrespect when I ask this, but I really just don't understand. I had a customer the other day who was pissed off at us for no longer accepting pre-orders on the Xbox 360 version of N7 ME3, even though we ran out of copies almost two months ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4810
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,020 Posts
    I'm not singling you out here, but why do so many people wait until it's nearly release day to order a limited edition item? I don't mean any disrespect when I ask this, but I really just don't understand. I had a customer the other day who was pissed off at us for no longer accepting pre-orders on the Xbox 360 version of N7 ME3, even though we ran out of copies almost two months ago.

Because I'm sure he and many others (including I) are not ready to waste or plop money on something we don't know if we really want or if it will even be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #4811
    December 2008
    11,752 Posts
    They're probably hoping that the closer to the date, the cheaper it's gonna be. Luckily, I averted that customer's fate and preordered in July.

And on that note, it's been (and still is) a fucking long wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #4812
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts
    Because I'm sure he and many others (including I) are not ready to waste or plop money on something we don't know if we really want or if it will even be good.
    Yeah, but that's why you pre-order early and get a refund if you end up not wanting the game. Win-Win situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #4813
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,221 Posts
    Ugh, I had to get it preordered to a random friend in the US, so they can ship it to me. I was to receive it as a gift and the plan was to get it ordered around Christmas. (I was going to buy it online, as there are no local game stores near my current residence, however I didn't have a credit card until just recently) It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I was told that they didn't even bother looking into it until now. Had to order the CE from some random American Best Buy store near a close friend.
    Who knows when I'll actually get to play the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #4814
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Yes because retailers make you pay the full price right then and there when preordering and it isn't refundable at all.

The minimum down for preorders at gamestop is 5 dollars. Five fucking dollars. And it's completely refunded if you cancel your preorder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4815
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Yes because retailers make you pay the full price right then and there when preordering and it isn't refundable at all.

The minimum down for preorders at gamestop is 5 dollars. Five fucking dollars. And it's completely refunded if you cancel your preorder.
    Pre-order is free online too. No money paid when I reserved it, no money paid when I cancelled it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4816
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I was to prepare for release

FUCK
    I lost all my saves, RIP Jill and John Shepard
    Wow that sucks.

17. Post #4817
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,437 Posts
    Hey so has this happened to anyone?

Over the course of a match I started to lose functionality of various actions and items. First my assault rifle stopped doing damage to enemies, then my shotgun, then my powers, then melee. I could still fire/launch powers or melee but there wouldn't be any affect on the enemy. Then I also became unable to pick up ammo, and my ammo didn't resupply between each round either. Then doing actions using the space bar pretty much stopped working. I could sprint and take cover, but I would automatically pop back out of cover after three seconds. In addition I couldn't use the space bar to do anything else such as revive people or do objectives. By the sixth round or so all I could really do was run around and distract enemies so my teammates could kill them. My two other teammates didn't have this problem though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4818
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    788 Posts
    Asari Adept is the best thing ever.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #4819
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    Hey so has this happened to anyone?

Over the course of a match I started to lose functionality of various actions and items. First my assault rifle stopped doing damage to enemies, then my shotgun, then my powers, then melee. I could still fire/launch powers or melee but there wouldn't be any affect on the enemy. Then I also became unable to pick up ammo, and my ammo didn't resupply between each round either. Then doing actions using the space bar pretty much stopped working. I could sprint and take cover, but I would automatically pop back out of cover after three seconds. In addition I couldn't use the space bar to do anything else such as revive people or do objectives. By the sixth round or so all I could really do was run around and distract enemies so my teammates could kill them. My two other teammates didn't have this problem though.
    Sounds like lag? I've noticed when I get lag spikes my guns do/powers do no damage.

Edited:

I don't know, the hype didn't really affect me until now.

20. Post #4820
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,563 Posts
    Anyway, if we ever have to get a new thread, I'd recommend the new title be "This ass effect makes my mass erect".

Well, that is if Mass Effect 3 has sex scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

21. Post #4821
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    it will with that slut

i guarentee it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4822
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Given how the post-launch thread will look, I'd recommend 'Mass Effect Megathread v17: CIA Dossier Edition'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4823
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,437 Posts
    Well I got a revenant with the winnings from the borked match so that made up for it. The following round I walked around like rambo just shooting everything in front of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4824
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Mass Effect 2 isn't good for my keyboard. In the past 15 minutes I think I've hit it like four times.

Kept dying in a fucking mission because it was practically just me vs fucktons of Loki mechs in huge waves because Useless Tali and Fuckall Helpful Legion WEREN'T SHOOTING

25. Post #4825
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,006 Posts
    Mass Effect 2 isn't good for my keyboard. In the past 15 minutes I think I've hit it like four times.

Kept dying in a fucking mission because it was practically just me vs fucktons of Loki mechs in huge waves because Useless Tali and Fuckall Helpful Legion WEREN'T SHOOTING
    Man Lokis were piss easy since I ran engineer with Tali.

Get one of them down to health bar, AI hack him. When the other lokis/other dudes take down his shields, either hack again or have Tali hack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

26. Post #4826
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I'm playing on Insanity so they all have shields AND armour. I'm having to switch between Heavy Disruptor and Tungsten ammo to kill them quick enough and the hacked lokis don't do shit. They just stand there like retards until they die.

27. Post #4827
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    A Bioware game without sex?

That's a good one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #4828
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Out of curiosity I really want to see what Tali looks like under her mask.

But I know a lot of people don't.

So I hope Bioware has something pop up in the very beginning of the game before you play "DO YOU WANT TO SEE TALI'S FACE?! YES - NO"

Everyone wins

29. Post #4829
    February 2007
    9,006 Posts
    I'm playing on Insanity so they all have shields AND armour. I'm having to switch between Heavy Disruptor and Tungsten ammo to kill them quick enough and the hacked lokis don't do shit. They just stand there like retards until they die.
    They always have shields and armour don't they?

I take cover, concentrate on one motherfucker, and then hack.

Also hacked lokis are great. Seriously.

30. Post #4830
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    No. Sometimes shields but usually no armour until Hardcore then both on insanity

Hacked lokis don't do anything to me.

Are you sure you're not confusing YMIR with LOKI?

31. Post #4831
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    oh shit this comes out next month

now I have to rebeat both games to get the exact endings that I want to carry over (will ME3 carry over ME2's saves?)

32. Post #4832
    February 2007
    9,006 Posts
    No. Sometimes shields but usually no armour until Hardcore then both on insanity

Hacked lokis don't do anything to me.

Are you sure you're not confusing YMIR with LOKI?
    Naw, Loki's still Loki.
    I guess I just don't see where you're coming from, I never had an issue with YMIRs or Lokis on my insanity playthrough.

And hacked lokis do attack other dudes, I don't see why that aint working for you.

33. Post #4833
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,029 Posts
    Anyway, if we ever have to get a new thread, I'd recommend the new title be "This ass effect makes my mass erect".

I'm still angry this one didn't get Mass Effect Megathread: Adam Baldwin Edition like I thought we'd agreed :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #4834
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Out of curiosity I really want to see what Tali looks like under her mask.

But I know a lot of people don't.

So I hope Bioware has something pop up in the very beginning of the game before you play "DO YOU WANT TO SEE TALI'S FACE?! YES - NO"

Everyone wins
    I'd rather see the Pyro's face.

Tali's mask gives her a sense of unknown but she's so open and down to earth. So I'd rather never see an official face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4835
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    If you romance tali you will get to see her face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #4836
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    Where can I grab Bring down the sky ?

Edited:

Starting my ME1-ME3 character
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #4837
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Where can I grab Bring down the sky ?

Edited:

Starting my ME1-ME3 character
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/ga...thesky_pc.html

install it after therum otherwise you'll get big black squares on the terrain textures

universal serial code is 3FLL-43UU-JTN8-W8EX-25J3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4838
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    oh god, I just unlocked the claymore and put on a mods that give 25% greater damage and 50% greater accuracy. it can 1 hit kill assault troopers from one side of the map to the other, so it's basically a sniper rifle that you dont have to aim.

it can also kill an atlas in 6-8 shots lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #4839
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,846 Posts
    If you romance tali you will get to see her face
    If there aren't enough spoiler images of her face out there so we don't have to romance her, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #4840
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,994 Posts
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/ga...thesky_pc.htmlinstall it after therum otherwise you'll get big black squares on the terrain texturesuniversal serial code is 3FLL-43UU-JTN8-W8EX-25J3
    I'm loath to replay ME1 myself because I still have this problemHappens on Virmire and Ilos, nowhere else. It bugs the shit out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)