1. Post #5521
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts
    You could clear your cookies. Should also unblock it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5522
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #5523
    February 2010
    16,384 Posts
    OH
    WE GONNA ROCK DOWN TO
    ELECTRIC AVENUE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #5524
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,835 Posts
    because they knew pc players would be too fat and lazy to get up to go get free games
    Okay yeah this is probably true for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5525
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    wait really

that's actually the voice

ha

haha

6. Post #5526
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    lol one of the comments on that vid
       Dear Commander Shepard,
    I am a Prothean prince* who has recently inherited a planet worth 205,000,000 galactic credits. If you were to pay me 100,000 credits now and wipe out the Reapers on my planet I would gladly give you a 50% return of my promise return value.
    Please reply urgently.
    Best regards 

Edited:

wait really

that's actually the voice

ha

haha
    i dont get the problem you people seem to have with the voice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #5527
    January 2008
    1,252 Posts

fucking brainwashed community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #5528
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    6,082 Posts
    I like it.     It's not an accent you hear often in video games unless there is TOKEN AFRICAN GUY. It makes it a bit more...exotic and mysterious. Also, I just kinda like African accents.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #5529
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    lol one of the comments on that vid
       Dear Commander Shepard,
    I am a Prothean prince* who has recently inherited a planet worth 205,000,000 galactic credits. If you were to pay me 100,000 credits now and wipe out the Reapers on my planet I would gladly give you a 50% return of my promise return value.
    Please reply urgently.
    Best regards 

Edited:

i dont get the problem you people seem to have with the voice
    I don't have a PROBLEM with it, I just think it's kinda funny. It's a complete 180 from how I envisioned a    Prothean    would speak. It's not the accent, it's that it's too human. Turians and Drell have that throaty, reverberating quality to their voices. Asari tend to have a seductive yet dignified tone. Volus and Elcor...well, that should be obvious. Hanar are unique because of their very nature, and their "speech" reflects that. Vorcha, Batarians, they all have distinctive qualities to them.

But not the    Prothean   . It just sounds like some random African dude, with no inhuman qualities to it. Maybe that's intentional, but I was expecting a bit of a difference. I like the voice as it is, I just find it kinda funny because of how unexpected it was.

10. Post #5530
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts

fucking brainwashed community
    Or someone whos actually tired of the shitstorms caused everytime a company tries something. It's getting to the point that if a company even thinks of releasing a game a shitstorm will come up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #5531
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,599 Posts
    I like it.     It's not an accent you hear often in video games unless there is TOKEN AFRICAN GUY. It makes it a bit more...exotic and mysterious. Also, I just kinda like African accents.   
       It just feels really strange coming out of a Prothean though. I don't think Bioware could ever live up to my expectations for them and that is why this whole thing never should of happened. I can't listen to the beautiful Vigil theme now without thinking about a bob-sled team   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #5532
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,365 Posts
    I don't have a PROBLEM with it, I just think it's kinda funny. It's a complete 180 from how I envisioned a    Prothean    would speak.
       I think the issue is that everyone expects an ancient dead race to sound powerful and ancient, not African. Personally I think its a welcome change from the stereotype of what a ancient race should sound like.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #5533
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Well, looks like they're all 360 and PS3 versions

I suddenly don't care about this event.
    If I lived in the area I still would.

Console players are somewhat more susceptible to "OMG SPECIAL STUFF" than PC players. Thus... get there before anyone else take all the copies and ebay/craigslist them for $90-$150 a pop. PROFIT.

14. Post #5534
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    I don't have a PROBLEM with it, I just think it's kinda funny. It's a complete 180 from how I envisioned a    Prothean    would speak. It's not the accent, it's that it's too human. Turians and Drell have that throaty, reverberating quality to their voices. Asari tend to have a seductive yet dignified tone. Volus and Elcor...well, that should be obvious. Hanar are unique because of their very nature, and their "speech" reflects that. Vorcha, Batarians, they all have distinctive qualities to them.

But not the    Prothean   . It just sounds like some random African dude, with no inhuman qualities to it. Maybe that's intentional, but I was expecting a bit of a difference. I like the voice as it is, I just find it kinda funny because of how unexpected it was.
    maybe the voice files are before they did something to the voice post-recording or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #5535
    January 2008
    1,252 Posts
    Or someone whos actually tired of the shitstorms caused everytime a company tries something. It's getting to the point that if a company even thinks of releasing a game a shitstorm will come up.
    except that this issue is definitely worth having a shit storm over. repackaging a lore-critical character to be sold as $10 day 1 dlc is crossing the line and is absolutely unacceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #5536
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    maybe the voice files are before they did something to the voice post-recording or something
    Perhaps, but the game's gone gold, hasn't it? Unless the DLC would bring new VO files, but, somehow, I doubt that.

17. Post #5537
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,547 Posts
       I think the issue is that everyone expects an ancient dead race to sound powerful and ancient, not African. Personally I think its a welcome change from the stereotype of what a ancient race should sound like.   
    It's funny that some people get upset based on how they assumed it would be like.

Anyone else hope we get to see more Spectres? All we've met in the games apart from Nihlus (not his fault, he was onscreen for about two minutes) have been awesome.
    Nihlus, Saren, Tela Vasir, and    the leaks mention a salarian Spectre named Jondum Bau   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

18. Post #5538
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts

You can definitely hear a sort of echo, it's not just some African dude talking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5539
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,802 Posts
    I don't have a PROBLEM with it, I just think it's kinda funny. It's a complete 180 from how I envisioned a    Prothean    would speak. It just sounds like some random African dude, with no inhuman qualities to it.
    I'm sure there's a quality in his voice, some sort of effect that makes the voice seem alien. I don't know how to describe it, but it's there, we can hear it.

Is an "echo" the right word to describe it, though? When I think of echo, I think of the voice repeating somewhat, bouncing off the walls of a large confined space. I don't sense that aspect in his voice, though I don't think "warble" or "bubbling" is the right word. It's kind of like being underwater, only it's clearer whilst still retaining the effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #5540
    May 2010
    11,298 Posts
    It's funny that some people get upset based on how they assumed it would be like.

Nihlus, Saren, Tela Vasir, and    the leaks mention a salarian Spectre named Jondum Bau   
    god this is like when people started defending Other M's portrayal of Samus

21. Post #5541
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,731 Posts
    She can't stop embracing eternity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #5542
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    except that this issue is definitely worth having a shit storm over. repackaging a lore-critical character to be sold as $10 day 1 dlc is crossing the line and is absolutely unacceptable.
    If you're so pissed off then don't buy it. Your choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5543
    One of my Taekwondo instructors is African and his first language is french.

Every time I hear the     Prothean's    voice I will hear my instructor yell "HEY! HEY! TURN DA HEEP! GO! GO!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #5544
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    On the horizon today it looks like a 90% chance of Shitstorm with a 1% chance of Dinglehail and moderate to severe Shit Lightning. Bring your umbrellas with you today folks it's going to be a shit-tastic day.

25. Post #5545
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,547 Posts
    I'm sure there's a quality in his voice, some sort of effect that makes the voice seem alien. I don't know how to describe it, but it's there, we can hear it.

Is an "echo" the right word to describe it, though? When I think of echo, I think of the voice repeating somewhat, bouncing off the walls of a large confined space. I don't sense that aspect in his voice, though I don't think "warble" or "bubbling" is the right word. It's kind of like being underwater, only it's clearer whilst still retaining the effect.
    Flanging is what I think you're thinking of (the same method is used for turian vocals):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanging
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

26. Post #5546
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    they should just remove his vocie fiels entirely and make him use sign language
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #5547
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    531 Posts

I will enjoy this add-on more if he actually makes subtle clever references to Bob Marley songs or Jamaican related things in game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #5548
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,954 Posts
    "yeah but all africans have a flanging voice this isnt special!"
    "WHY CANT HE BE AMERICAN!"
    Should have a Texan drawl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #5549
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    drinking on the job, heavy risk but the prize.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #5550
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts

I will enjoy this add-on more if he actually makes subtle clever references to Bob Marley songs or Jamaican related things in game.
    If it was a Jamaican accent, sure.

31. Post #5551
    January 2008
    1,252 Posts

what the hell is shepard doing with her glass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #5552
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    70 Posts
    Never mind the glass, what's up with her right arm??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

33. Post #5553
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Never mind the glass, what's up with her right arm??
    I think Gardner is wondering the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #5554
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

why would a kenyan voiceactor reference anything from jamaica?
    they aren't remotely related... at all

35. Post #5555
    April 2006
    12 Posts
    My first gold item. From about 20 Veteran crates I think:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #5556
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,277 Posts
    Lets talk about the multiplayer. I think it's a huge mistake that they didn't allow us to unlock all classes. My point is that they are still able to collect viable information from the gameplay statistics to balance the final product. I heard an update for your game on the X360 costs the company 40000 bucks. So they better get it done in less than 3 updates. What needs to be nerfed and buffed in my opinion: Stasis is a litte bit OP, especially agains phantoms. I took 8 of them out alone yesterday. Slightly nerf required. Other similar powers (Concussive shot, Energy Drain etc.) need a slight buff to stun Phantoms. This one change will make other classes viable for Gold and not drop Asari Adept into oblivion. Charge and Nova is slightly OP as well, vanguard will be hard to balance. My point is that every class should be able to reach the highest score at the round end, play what you enjoy and not what gives you the highest score.
    It's 10000 per region minimum, so 70 grand for all regions.

37. Post #5557
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    531 Posts
    why would a kenyan voiceactor reference anything from jamaica?
    they aren't remotely related... at all
    Well thats what he sounded like to me. I'm sorry that I can't tell the difference between different african accents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

38. Post #5558
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,835 Posts
    Nevermind her right arm, who's that creepy bastard in the window
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #5559
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    what the hell is shepard doing with her glass
    She's trying to use it like a magnifying glass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #5560
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,670 Posts
    thank god for the kasumi dlc with the bar
    so much drinking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)