1. Post #6001

My god that is sexy.
    How would you even fucking hold it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #6002
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,526 Posts

Permanent squad members? Around 6-8 I think?

-Garrus
    -Liara
    -VS
    -Vega
    -Tali
     Prothean   
     EDI(?)   
    I'm willing to bet the protagonist from Mass Effect: Infiltrator, Randall Ezno, will become the second DLC squad mate. That, or hopefully a batarian. But that's just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

3. Post #6003
    May 2010
    4,521 Posts
    I was never a fan of curvy guns like that.

Edited:

Permanent squad members? Around 6-8 I think?

-Garrus
    -Liara
    -VS
    -Vega
    -Tali
     Prothean   
     EDI(?)   
    -Chobot (Is she an actual squadmate?)
    We don't get Krogan squad mates? NOOOOOOOOO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

4. Post #6004
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    I really want Miranda to be a squadmate again. Not only is she voiced/faced by my favorite actress, she was really in depth and my personal favorite character in Mass Effect 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6005
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts

When installing the new graphics driver that is out for some days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #6006
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Are these squadmates 100% confirmed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #6007
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    It has two grips each one with a trigger, I suppose you hold that one whichever firemode you want to use.

Are these squadmates 100% confirmed?
    Yes, all of them. Chobot is bs though, she stays only on the ship if you let her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

8. Post #6008
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    We don't get Krogan squad mates? NOOOOOOOOO.
    Yeah we do. Buff Studlift.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #6009
    March 2010
    3,139 Posts
    Just finished Mass Effect 2 for the first time.    Only me, Miranda, Jacob, and Tali survived. The only loss I really care about is Garrus. I'm going to redo the mission soon and try to keep the results the same besides Garrus.

My biggest hope is that Miranda will play a big role in ME3, unlike Wrex or Kaiden/Ashley in ME2. 

Save Legion.NOW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #6010
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,526 Posts
        I'm convinced he isn't because I was talking to my brother about it and he brought up that he read somewhere that Shepard is going to have nightmares about everything that's happened to him, so maybe the emotional shock of everything he/she's gone though is going to catch up   
       I would say the kid was real just to play those emotional strings and to set in motion those nightmares in the future. I think people are looking too much into it and his 'survival of the laser in the vent' can be attributed to either designer oversight or he was in the vent prior to the explosion (coming out when Shepard saw him but backed away in fear). I doubt he would play any larger a role than a remind of what is at stake.   

11. Post #6011
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
       I would say the kid was real just to play those emotional strings and to set in motion those nightmares in the future. I think people are looking too much into it and his 'survival of the laser in the vent' can be attributed to either designer oversight or he was in the vent prior to the explosion (coming out when Shepard saw him but backed away in fear). I doubt he would play any larger a role than a remind of what is at stake.   
    There is no way he removed the vent cover and got into the vent in time. He's just going into the room when those Husks climb up the wall. And the explosion would have went into the vent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #6012
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Just finished Mass Effect 2 for the first time.    Only me, Miranda, Jacob, and Tali survived. The only loss I really care about is Garrus. I'm going to redo the mission soon and try to keep the results the same besides Garrus.

My biggest hope is that Miranda will play a big role in ME3, unlike Wrex or Kaiden/Ashley in ME2. 

Legion died ? Critical mission failure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

13. Post #6013
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,992 Posts

Textures on Garrus sure look a lot crisper than what was in the demo. That gives me hope.

14. Post #6014
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,526 Posts
    There is no way he removed the vent cover and got into the vent in time. He's just going into the room when those Husks climb up the wall. And the explosion would have went into the vent.
       I meant that he was in the vent coming out of it when Shepard approached. As in, he was never in the room when the blast occurred.   

15. Post #6015
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    Why is the kid always a boy? Implying there is symbolism. Femshep still sees a boy or they didn't want to make it obvious that it's a hallucination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

16. Post #6016
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
       I meant that he was in the vent coming out of it when Shepard approached. As in, he was never in the room when the blast occurred.   
    But you can see him enter the room. Which is why the husks are banging on the windows trying to get in, they were chasing him.

17. Post #6017
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    I think it's the fact that they're standing about a foot and a half in front of the wall, rather than actually leaning against it for support.
    Their armor is too shiny, it looks like plastic instead of battle-hardened war gear.

18. Post #6018
    May 2010
    4,521 Posts
    Excuse me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

19. Post #6019
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,280 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #6020
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Excuse me?
    James Vega.

21. Post #6021
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Played through lair of the shadow broker again, excellent DLC. Really gives an example of a DLC being done right.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #6022
    "I'm better than you cuz I got 100 dumbs in 1 post
    February 2009
    1,214 Posts
    I'm so pissed because I cant play the game with my Xbox Controller on PC :(

And no i'm not gonna buying an xbox...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

23. Post #6023
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,526 Posts
    But you can see him enter the room. Which is why the husks are banging on the windows trying to get in, they were chasing him.
    Really? I have never noticed. If that's the case, then I say it's designer oversight. But who knows for sure.

24. Post #6024
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Really? I have never noticed.
    Yeah, when Anderson says to shoot the husks crawling up the wall, look to the right. You can see him run in. And then the husks come up following him.

25. Post #6025
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,427 Posts
    Finally got around to pre-ordering the Collectors Edition

Sad that I sold my 360 through, I wanted my original save files;
    - 360; 100% on ME:1 & ME:2 with paragon, renegade and paragon with ending choice supporting TIM, all achievements, romance

Sold my Xbox :(

Just finally finished ME:2 this time for the PS3, not enough time to go through fully, just paragon with the choices that I made in the first game and the way I wanted to play for the 3rd, quite stoked, never been this excited for a game for years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #6026
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,564 Posts
    Yes, all of them. Chobot is bs though, she stays only on the ship if you let her.
    Unless they fix her face: "Get off my ship."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #6027
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,526 Posts
    Unless they fix her face: "Get off my ship."
    If I am to get a news reporter on my ship it'd be Emily Wong. Hell, I'd even take Khalish bezine jablahblah aboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #6028
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,767 Posts
    Finally got around to pre-ordering the Collectors Edition

Sad that I sold my 360 through, I wanted my original save files;
    - 360; 100% on ME:1 & ME:2 with paragon, renegade and paragon with ending choice supporting TIM, all achievements, romance
    I feel for you, my first Xbox with my main saves are with my family... about 600km away.

I've got one of the newer 360's with me but since I won't have the opportunity to transfer the saves over for another couple of months I'll have to start again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

29. Post #6029
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,437 Posts
    After:

I'll give ya a credit if you guess where I put all those icons...

(Also, the background is a heavily edited screenshot by our very own Arvuti. If you ask him nicely i'm sure he'll give you a link)

Omg, so do I. Let's be friends!

(btw, those icons around it are going in DESKTOP 2 folder)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #6030
    July 2010
    3,760 Posts
    The Wraith shotgun just looks like a gold plated Eviscerator.

31. Post #6031
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,925 Posts
    Textures on Garrus sure look a lot crisper than what was in the demo. That gives me hope.
    its hard to tell on such a small picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

32. Post #6032
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,437 Posts

Had this for a few days, but every time I restart or shut down, I have to install the drivers again because they keep disappearing :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #6033
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts

Omg, so do I. Let's be friends!

(btw, those icons around it are going in DESKTOP 2 folder)
    Desktop fwiend :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #6034
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,956 Posts
    Your hand goes into the slot between the two grips, the other hand goes on the front grip. No idea how you hit the second trigger though.

35. Post #6035
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts
    Your hand goes into the slot between the two grips, the other hand goes on the front grip. No idea how you hit the second trigger though.
    It's just like driving a European car, you use your dick to hit the third pedal / trigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #6036
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    I think I addressed that fairly well. Also, I checked out the planet itself; .85 ATM for atmospheric pressure, and .85 earth's gravity - meaning less re-entry heat, but otherwise similar terminal velocity to Earth.
    This already been gone over with a fine tooth comb at BSN, he/she would have decompressed, "frozen", burnt and splattered, and none of that actually accounts for the fact he/she left the Normandy going ridiculous miles an hour. They'd be lucky to find enough to identify, much less reconstruct.

Edited:

No, not really. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE71aKXjss0]Remember the dude that parachuted down from the edge of Earth's atmosphere?[/url] Dude fell down, reaching almost the speed of sound, and yet somehow he was not burnt up and smashed flat. Saying he had no parachute is moot because lots of people have survived terminal velocity falls before. " reaching a maximum speed of 614 miles per hour (988 km/h)"

Also Atmospheric pressure for Alchera is 0.82 times that of earth, and Gravity is 0.85 times that of earth, so slower fall speed but less wind resistance ultimately balances itself out.
    He/She was moving at whatever speed the Normandy was, which is slightly faster then parachuting. Shepard had no ascent and then redirection. Shepard had massive velocity that went one direction, and was way faster than freefall terminal velocity. Down. In full armor, which likely would not have helped the situation. Lots of people have survived tv falls from say 4 miles up, not entering the atmosphere at the cruising speed of a spaceship. Shepard would have left a crater.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #6037
    June 2011
    8,630 Posts
    This already been gone over with a fine tooth comb at BSN, he would have decompressed, frozen, burnt and splattered, and none of that acatuly accounts for the fact he/she left the normandy going ridiculous miles an hour. They'd be lucky to find enough to identify, much less reconstruct.
    This.

The whole beginning of ME2 is incredibly idiotic and ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #6038
    The Wraith shotgun just looks like a gold plated Eviscerator.
    It is, there's also a recolored carnifex.

39. Post #6039
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    This.

The whole beginning of ME2 is incredibly idiotic and ridiculous.
    Can kinetic barriers even protect areas from vacuums, like in the cockpit at the beginning? And the holes in the Normandy at the end?

40. Post #6040
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,912 Posts
    This already been gone over with a fine tooth comb at BSN, he/she would have decompressed, "frozen", burnt and splattered, and none of that actually accounts for the fact he/she left the Normandy going ridiculous miles an hour. They'd be lucky to find enough to identify, much less reconstruct.

Edited:

He/She was moving at whatever speed the Normandy was, which is slightly faster then parachuting. Shepard had no ascent and then redirection. Shepard had massive velocity that went one direction, and was way faster than freefall terminal velocity. Down. In full armor, which likely would not have helped the situation. Lots of people have survived tv falls from say 4 miles up, not entering the atmosphere at the cruising speed of a spaceship. Shepard would have left a crater.
    Yeah, considering that the Normandy could easily have been doing Mach 20 in space since it was casually cruising past a planet, we're talking re-entry speeds of over 10,000mph.

I mean consider that the Normandy can do FTL travel, the speed of light in a vacuum being Mach 908,462, and we could even be talking about the Normandy doing like Mach 500 or Mach 1000 very easily, which is 660,051mph.

I mean He/she would have slown down to terminal velocity, sure, and the kinetic barriers or suit would maybe absorb a lot of the impact, but the sheer friction from the atmosphere if Shep hit it at 660,051mph would surely destroy any suit.

Really the plausibility of Shepard's survival depends almost entirely on how fast the Normandy was going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)