1. Post #2601
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    Either or, and those have always been for free.

Edited:

It depends on where they installed to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2602
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,185 Posts
    They were free if you bought ME2 by a certain date, or with CE. Not sure which. Don't know if regular edition got the cerberus network access code thingy. You also need to have ME2 installed and once you install the DLC just start the game up and you usually get a quest involving the new DLC I believe.

3. Post #2603
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    Because neither person should get the gimped version? We both payed the same price for the game why should we get the better version just because we can handle it?
    Realistically, we're paying for the game to be at least partially tailored to the platform we're buying it on. Giving everyone the lowest common denominator basically means everyone loses.

All of the Mass Effect games were created with 2048x2048 (or higher) source textures. Because of the Xbox 360's incredibly outdated hardware, we have to deal with 1024x1024 or 512x512, sometimes even lower. Any PC that's been made within the last 4-5 years could run those 2048x2048 source textures without a hitch. And these textures exist.

Give me a single reason why Bioware couldn't or shouldn't release a high res texture executable like they did with Dragon Age 2. As it is, those beautiful source textures are simply sitting on a hard drive, never to be used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #2604
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    They were free if you bought ME2 by a certain date, or with CE. Not sure which. Don't know if regular edition got the cerberus network access code thingy. You also need to have ME2 installed and once you install the DLC just start the game up and you usually get a quest involving the new DLC I believe.
    Free with Cerberus Network

also, for the new page:

Reference posing fuck yeah

5. Post #2605
    October 2011
    193 Posts
    Is it just me or is the PS3 demo really... laggy?

Framerate is horrid, that's all I'm saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2606
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    Is it just me or is the PS3 demo really... laggy?

Framerate is horrid, that's all I'm saying.
    Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions have an unstable framerate.

7. Post #2607
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,185 Posts
    Realistically, we're paying for the game to be at least partially tailored to the platform we're buying it on. Giving everyone the lowest common denominator basically means everyone loses.

All of the Mass Effect games were created with 2048x2048 (or higher) source textures. Because of the Xbox 360's incredibly outdated hardware, we have to deal with 1024x1024 or 512x512, sometimes even lower. Any PC that's been made within the last 4-5 years could run those 2048x2048 source textures without a hitch. And these textures exist.

Give me a single reason why Bioware couldn't or shouldn't release a high res texture executable like they did with Dragon Age 2. As it is, those beautiful source textures are simply sitting on a hard drive, never to be used.
    No. You're paying for the game. Both parties pay the same price for the same experience, why should you get the better experience just because you have a different system? Why should BioWare kick console players in the balls just because they played on something other than the PC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

8. Post #2608
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    No. You're paying for the game. Both parties pay the same price for the same experience, why should you get the better experience just because you have a different system? Why should BioWare kick console players in the balls just because they played on something other than the PC?
    I should get the better experience because I PAID for the better experience by buying a PC.

Why should PC gamers get kicked in the balls because they played on something other than consoles? See your logic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

9. Post #2609
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Your argument is completely stupid. They're not punishing console players, consoles cannot run the uncompressed textures, period. The end. The uncompressed textures still exist and are unutilized. Skyrim and DA2 have both released the original textures to pc users. The precedent already exists by the same publisher and developer as Mass effect 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #2610
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Either or, and those have always been for free.

Edited:

It depends on where they installed to
    You can't choose where they are installed.. so I still have no idea.

11. Post #2611
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    I should get the better experience because I PAID for the better experience by buying a PC.

Why should PC gamers get kicked in the balls because they played on something other than consoles? See your logic?
    You're just complaining because everyone is going to expect you to redo all the character textures again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #2612
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Every single install is giving me 'This program might not have installed correctly.'

I sure as hell hope they installed correctly.

13. Post #2613
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Well, created facebook accounts, like pages, and linked origin accounts to get that early MP access.

I feel like such a whore.

14. Post #2614
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    You can't choose where they are installed.. so I still have no idea.
    it should tell you though

I think it's installed to all ME2 directories though

15. Post #2615
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    You're just complaining because everyone is going to expect you to redo all the character textures again.
    Actually, if the demo is any indication, Texmod won't work with Mass Effect 3.

Unless I'm being COMPLETELY obtuse, Origin blocks Texmod from running properly, and the .pcc files can no longer be extracted.

16. Post #2616
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,400 Posts
    I still want my laser guns. They said they MIGHT add laser guns. In multiplayer I get raped by them. What do?

17. Post #2617
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    It's weird.

Edited:

So where do I go to play all the playable DLC.

Hope there's a pop up.

18. Post #2618
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,421 Posts
    add me for MP my origin id is DEEEEEPSTRIKE

19. Post #2619
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Actually, if the demo is any indication, Texmod won't work with Mass Effect 3.

Unless I'm being COMPLETELY obtuse, Origin blocks Texmod from running properly, and the .pcc files can no longer be extracted.

I'll be kind of blunt here; would texmod still work with a cracked version that didn't need Origin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #2620
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,582 Posts
    Every single install is giving me 'This program might not have installed correctly.'

I sure as hell hope they installed correctly.
    Did the same for me, they installed just fine.

21. Post #2621
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    I'm tempted to buy the PC version of Mass Effect 3 when I pick up my collector's edition, but I'm worried about what my mental condition would be, walking home after buying 3 copies of the same game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

22. Post #2622
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    I'll be kind of blunt here; would texmod still work with a cracked version that didn't need Origin?
    Most likely. I'm not risking getting my ass banned though

23. Post #2623
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    It's weird.

Edited:

So where do I go to play all the playable DLC.

Hope there's a pop up.
    yeah it will show you where to go on the galaxy screen

Edited:

I'm tempted to buy the PC version of Mass Effect 3 when I pick up my collector's edition, but I'm worried about what my mental condition would be, walking home after buying 3 copies of the same game.
    why would you do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #2624
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,901 Posts
    Is it ok if I don't feel like getting the demo? I have the early access from BF3 n' all, but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #2625
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    why would you do that
    Collector's edition on the 360, I'm getting a copyfor a friend and thinking about getting the PC version too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

26. Post #2626
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Most likely. I'm not risking getting my ass banned though
    So disappointing. I ask out of curiosity more than anything else; seems to be just another example of DRM-dodgers getting a better final product than legitimate customers.

27. Post #2627
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Is it ok if I don't feel like getting the demo? I have the early access from BF3 n' all, but still.
    You're not missing much. It's truncated and none of the mp stuff will carry over.

Edited:

So disappointing. I ask out of curiosity more than anything else; seems to be just another example of DRM-dodgers getting a better final product than legitimate customers.
    That's how it was last time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2628
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    I'm not going to judge it too harshly just yet. A demo would have a different file structure and different restrictions than a final product. If Mass Effect 3 comes out and I -still- can't access anything, THEN I'll be pissed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2629
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    I'm not going to judge it too harshly just yet. A demo would have a different file structure and different restrictions than a final product. If Mass Effect 3 comes out and I -still- can't access anything, THEN I'll be pissed.
    True; and given the fiasco with the leak, I can image they might make the demo's files far more obtuse. And given that the ME2 characters all seem to use their ME2 models, it would be a shame to not have your textures re-used.

30. Post #2630
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    True; and given the fiasco with the leak, I can image they might make the demo's files far more obtuse. And given that the ME2 characters all seem to use their ME2 models, it would be a shame to not have your textures re-used.
    Yeah, I'd imagine they don't want people like me getting access to files like this:

MAJOR SPOILERS

31. Post #2631
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,582 Posts
    Veering drastically from talk of the demo (and will be fairly spoiler heavy, prepare for black text) I noticed just how fair paragons and renegades are balanced in ME3. I mean I admit I was one of the most vocal about the "injustices upon Renegades" but, now that ME3's script is leaked there's quite a bit there to say both sides are given their ups and downs.

In ME1 there were only two major decisions, Rachni Queen and Destiny Ascension, from the leak we know the Rachni Queen is a bad idea (gets indoctrinated, who'd have thought it!) And the Council issue seems fairly neutral if not paragon, so renegade and paragon get a point in ME1.

Then ME2 rolls along and there's, again, only two major decisions that are revisited in ME3; saving the base and the Geth. We know rewriting the Geth is a bad idea from conversations in the leak and, since Cerberus is hostile, that destroying the base is a good idea, we have both sides again scoring a point.

That leaves both sides even, unless I'm missing a few decisions here and there. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2632
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    Veering drastically from talk of the demo (and will be fairly spoiler heavy, prepare for black text) I noticed just how fair paragons and renegades are balanced in ME3. I mean I admit I was one of the most vocal about the "injustices upon Renegades" but, now that ME3's script is leaked there's quite a bit there to say both sides are even.

In ME1 there were only two major decisions, Rachni Queen and Destiny Ascension, from the leak we know the Rachni Queen is a bad idea (gets indoctrinated, who'd have thought it!) And the Council issue seems fairly neutral if not paragon, so renegade and paragon get a point in ME1.

Then ME2 rolls along and there's, again, only two major decisions that are revisited in ME3; saving the base and the Geth. We know rewriting the Geth is a bad idea from conversations in the leak and, since Cerberus is hostile, that destroying the base is a good idea, we have both sides again scoring a point.

That leaves both sides even, unless I'm missing a few decisions here and there. 

Not to discount the renegade mindset too much, but the argument often sounded like this: "I want freedom to be a complete asshole with no consequences!" Now, Bioware is partially at fault for making many of the Renegade decisions evil, but for people to act like the galaxy should appreciate Scumbag Shepard more than they should 'Heroic' Shepard is a different matter entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2633
    April 2011
    908 Posts
    If I preorder me3 through origin a I get bf3 for free. Worth it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Puerto Rico Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #2634
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    273 Posts
    If I preorder me3 through origin a I get bf3 for free. Worth it?
    Origin's really not that bad, and if you want both games there's no reason not to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #2635
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,421 Posts
    I was gonna say that the demo felt boring, but that's mainly because NONE of the new features of me3 were in it, it was essentially me2. I can only hope they are good in the final game.

36. Post #2636
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,582 Posts
    Not to discount the renegade mindset too much, but the argument often sounded like this: "I want freedom to be a complete asshole with no consequences!" Now, Bioware is partially at fault for making many of the Renegade decisions evil, but for people to act like the galaxy should appreciate Scumbag Shepard more than they should 'Heroic' Shepard is a different matter entirely.
    Never understood that mindset personally, I mean yeah I like going renegade (and will be my "official" playthrough) but I don't go in expecting the galaxy to like what I'm doing. Hell, I'd be confused if people didn't yell at me.

37. Post #2637
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    I was gonna say that the demo felt boring, but that's mainly because NONE of the new features of me3 were in it, it was essentially me2. I can only hope they are good in the final game.
    Don't be ridiculous, you can jump over small gaps now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #2638
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    As discussed before, you're pretty much the only one.

*inb4 Saphra Deden + busomjack + zulu DFA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2639
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Sweet..

Now I want to buy Kasumi for the sake of having a full squad..

Edited:

and all the other mission DLCs..

40. Post #2640
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Why can't I play my ME3 online!? It keeps saying to wait, but it never let's me in...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events