January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    I wonder what parts of tilesets make them incompatible with the fix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #2802
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,510 Posts
    They won't get a negative thought if the rooms don't overlap (making every bed its own 1 tile room)
    Two beds in the same room? Here's the line, this half's yours and this half's mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #2803
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I wonder what parts of tilesets make them incompatible with the fix
    The tile definition in Raws.

EDIT: Items and creatures in ASCII use other tiles than in Tilesets. Tileset makers change all tile definitions to be able to fit as many different tiles as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2804
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Tilesets? Cute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2805
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Tilesets? Cute.
    I prefer being able to see what's going on my screen, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 9 (list)

6. Post #2806
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    I find square ASCII with the natural color scheme a much easier and cleaner way to see what is going on and what each thing is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2807
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,739 Posts
    After a while you don't even see the ASCII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #2808
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Dwarf the fuck up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #2809
    June 2010
    6,267 Posts
    <I'm an idiot>
    Fuck, I'm a total idiot, I think they're entirely different things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #2810
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I find square ASCII with the natural color scheme a much easier and cleaner way to see what is going on and what each thing is.
    To each his own. This looks very pleasant to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

11. Post #2811
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,846 Posts
    After a while you don't even see the ASCII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

12. Post #2812

June 2011
    93 Posts

The dwarf goes down to bite his feet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

13. Post #2813
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,964 Posts
    DF isn't DF without ASCII.

If my goblins aren't gs then everything's all fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #2814
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    Genned a new world for the new version. I like the island that is connected to mainland via a strip of land.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #2815
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    oh god the green backgrounds that don't even match up :barf:

WHERE ARE THE FULL STOPS? THE CLUBS AND SPADES? THE QUOTATION MARKS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #2816
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,366 Posts
    Genned a new world for the new version. I like the island that is connected to mainland via a strip of land.

I...like the nortwestern part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2817
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    Oh and in the balance fix, in order to reduce lategame lag, none of the dwarves wear any clothes except for a cap on their head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #2818
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,170 Posts

that evil area looks very delicious

Edited:

it's like candy mountain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #2819
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    oh god the green backgrounds that don't even match up :barf:
    It actually creates a variety in colors, which is pleasant to look at rather than a solid color.
    Also there's an option to disable that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #2820
    June 2010
    6,267 Posts
    Is that a custom world? Mine are rarely that epic, I have to try to use advanced parameters a bit more. My evil areas are normally a glacial patch way up north / south and a tiny little badlands or swamp somewhere on the far east or west of the middle north/south area.

I can't actually decide if I prefer default (well, generally a more muted tileset like Orkel's square one) or graphics, as I can use both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #2821

April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    OH GOD! DO NOT SLEEP NEAR AN OUTSIDE MARKET ON YOUR OWN!

The boogeymen will kill everyone!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #2822
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    It actually creates a variety in colors, which is pleasant to look at rather than a solid color.
    Also there's an option to disable that.
    To me it looks like a horde of dwarves with cave sickness has charged across the map.

23. Post #2823
    August 2011
    703 Posts
    Tilesets are for pussies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #2824
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    I got used to the ASCII in an hour, I didn't even know about tilesets. I tried using them, I really don't like the way they look.

The random patches of different grass looks really bad, there's no transparency, all the bushes/trees I've seen in tilesets look awful...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2825

April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Drinking the blood of my victims for nutrients? Oh that's reasonable.

Eating a beatle? OH GOD SO DISGUSTING.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #2826
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,788 Posts
    Drinking the blood of my victims for nutrients? Oh that's reasonable.

Eating a beatle? OH GOD SO DISGUSTING.
    I said time and time again this game needs absolutely no restrictions.

But maybe that's just my fetish for collection people's hearts coming out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #2827
    June 2010
    6,267 Posts
    The ability to chop up dead corpses on adventure mode would rock, like removing the heart without having to butcher the body.
    Also, I want fortress like interactions in adventure mode eventually - make your own little hut. (read: epic manor of doom)

28. Post #2828
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,170 Posts
    toady should add sexual molestation as a crime people/dwarves can be arrested for

then he should make it so you can molest people as an adventurer

roam the lands as a notorious serial molester
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

29. Post #2829
    June 2010
    6,267 Posts
    toady should add sexual molestation as a crime people/dwarves can be arrested for

then he should make it so you can molest people as an adventurer

roam the lands as a notorious cereal molester
    No cheerios are safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

30. Post #2830
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,170 Posts
    No cheerios are safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

31. Post #2831
    August 2011
    2,314 Posts
    So I lost a fortress to an undead menace. During my second summer some bodies came to life, and my poorly equipped militia managed to stop it for the most part. Then ALL the bodies lying around came to life, and my fort fell in a matter of minutes. I don't know HOW a undead groundhog kills someone by ripping off their leg, but alright.

How do I kill necromancers/get rid of undead?
    I tried making a refuse stockpile but no one could get near it without being mutilated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #2832
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,063 Posts

Yes please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #2833
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    Some guy got a necromancer as a migrant

This guy is just a regular dwarf in my fortress - we can get necromancers as migrants?
    Is the animated horse hair friendly? Can it be assigned to a rope or cage?
    Yep, I have a friendly frog man hand!
    That is horrifyingly awesome.
    This is beautiful. Your militia will defend the fortress in death as they did in life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 30 (list)

34. Post #2834
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    666 Posts

Would you mind uploading it, please? It does look really great :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

35. Post #2835
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,691 Posts
    Somehow I have to make a party fortress, because the random name was Groove Mountain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #2836
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,739 Posts

It's going to be a travesty if he doesn't build that migrant a tower for him to live in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #2837
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,846 Posts

Give us the saaaaave...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2838
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,467 Posts

Got a kick out of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2839
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,788 Posts

Got a kick out of this.
    Then suddenly dingoes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #2840
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    One of my favourite old gold stories is "Buckets"

http://dfstories.com/buckets

I had a fortress where roughly 90% of the engravings were of buckets, buckets surrounded by dwarves, and buckets surrounded by screaming dwarves.

I stopped making engravings after a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)