1. Post #8201
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    I'm going to enlist into the Airforce when I get out of highschool.
    That's my goal for the next 2 years.

airforce
    flyfightwin

and yes taep

Edited:

atleast i'd like to
    couple things i want to say after reading the thread again is:
    no one has anything against taiwanese what the fuck are you even saying devils
    what the fuck is a "senior" member of airsoft forum

"You went on steam and bitched to me saying something along the lines of "how dare you call me out and make me lose face on the forums like that; senior members of the forum don't even like you. they bitch about people like you and taep on the mumble all the time". smooth

"It's true though, I didn't mean to just mention you. Everyone does it, remember when Stewe first played with ShackTac. EVERYONE complained, now look at how they all want to play.
    On the forum you all post (at times) like your bros then when it gets to mumble and that person isnt around you all talk shit about one another.

Literally one of the worst gaming groups ive played with in years."

oh. yeah a couple of us have joined shacktac, but i don't see what that has to do with

"I'd say people matured but that would be a down right lie. I've been playing Arma since 2010 with you guys and I've noticed a serious decline in how people act towards one another.

Setting up events was a spontaneous thing, "how lets take bus around takistan" or niko/tark would throw a mission together and we'd play it and have fun.
    Now its all "lets copy shacktac and use shit loads of mods and then argue because these mods are fucking shit and dont work with everyones game"."
    especially since thats not what happened at all or ever, nor have our events been some "spontaneous thing". we planned these and set them up, people worked on missions for it, and then we'd play on that date. we have never tried to copy shacktac (except bird and i a little bit with making missions that have some structure to them and not every gets VSS, PKMs and RPGs even though they're USMC), nor have we used "shitloads of mods to copy shacktac" because shacktac doesn't use shitloads of mods and we have never used shitloads of mods, and you aren't even in shacktac so you don't know how many shitloads of mods they use.

"Exactly, why do we need shit loads of mods that add things that we never actually use.
    "look at all these guns!!" *picks out the same AK they always use*."
    see above, not to mention if you guys played vanilla arma you'd probably be complaining that you cant have a pkm and rpg and 50kg of ammo for them
    "DayZ is a pain in the ass because you've got to remove all other mods first. " are you actually retarded

tl;dr devils buddy is angry person that has no idea what we do

Edited:

also the fact he doesn't even airsoft he just happens to know some people in ifap and plays videogames with us but then he shows up in daily life to yell at someone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8202
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,836 Posts
    Can we stop with the arguing? You guys aren't even getting anywhere. I don't read this thread anymore for pretty obvious reasons, but German just told me about what was going on here and I don't like it one bit. You guys are crazy fucking forgetful.

You guys seem to have forgotten the time when everyone was complaining about how Domination was boring and repetitive and how nobody liked people running off and lone wolfing. Everyone seems to have forgotten a basic timeline of events even: Me and German have only been playing with Shacktac for one month. On our applications we both mentioned we wanted a tad bit more structure and maturity, which we weren't getting from IFAP for the last month or two in-game, but liked Shacktac's motto: "Serious Fun". Shacktac is by no means a milsim group. A huge majority of IFAP has been giving the all of 3 of us (NPH not included, because apparently he's exempt from being made fun of) a load of shit about it and I don't get why. Shacktac isn't our life and I personally hope it never will be, but the fact that a few of us have joined another gaming group alongside IFAP shouldn't be such a huge deal.

Aside from that, my goal in my missions is to create a difficult, tailored environment that enforces teamplay, however it seems that that enforced teamplay is a bit too strong for a lot of you. And I'm totally okay with that, so long as we can come to an agreement here. The fact that we only have two guys designated to deal with enemy armor, and that only 2 out of 8 people in a squad are allowed to have machineguns sounds like a difficulty setting to me, where 4 machineguns and 4 AT guys would annihilate the enemy too quickly, but to a lot of you it screams "too much realism, stop trying to impersonate Shacktac". I didn't think the fact that my missions having exact loadouts per each role selected was such a huge deal for everyone. Again, from a mission makers perspective I tailored my missions to be difficult on a level not able to be touched upon when 7 out of 8 of everyone has some kind of AT, a magnified optic, and enough medical supplies for half of Africa. But I guess I'm not allowed to do that, since having an AK takes priority over having difficult firefights. We're not talking "you died because you popped out of cover for too long, CANT YOU DEAL WITH REALISM?" difficulty, we're talking "you have to actually aim and the entire squad has to get involved", where not one guy with a PSO-1 is allowed to end the fight before it even starts. Please understand this, don't hate me for it by default. I can even add R3F reviving to all of my missions if it makes it more fun, so long as that tiny bit of structure is allowed to stay.

Shortly after I said something along the lines of "Not even bothering to ask IFAP to play Arma2 anymore" I had an enlightening talk with a bunch of you on Mumble about what you guys want out of an Arma game. Again, as the host I have to cater to two kinds of people: People who want teamplay and a tiny bit of realism (6 riflemen 2 machineguns not 6 machineguns 2 riflemen), and those who don't care for an ounce of realism and just want to have 20 people run at the enemy in a valley and fire at everything individually. The second doesn't sound ideal to myself but it's apparently the definition of fun a lot of IFAP, simply because it's a more relaxed way to play (despite what I said earlier about the majority complaining that domination is boring and repetitive, among other things, about 6 months ago). I'm willing to cater to that latter, which is also the majority, but I need help as to how.

The input I was getting wasn't helpful, for instance people complained about waiting too long at the server lobby so we started spending time on making enough custom missions to play for 3 our 4 hours at a time (again thinking everyone hated Domination) and people just stopped coming to Arma events. Then we switched to ACRE because people didn't want to hear all 20 people talking at the same time in Mumble and then people complained about there being too many mods. There were a lot of other misconceptions on my part due to unhelpful and vague complaints/requests that I don't even remember anymore, but again, I'm willing to do whatever. I play with Shacktac for yes: Structure and large teamplay fun. But I still have fun dicking around with IFAP.

Also devils what are you even doing here if you hate everyone. If you want to only play with just Kyle or Niko then talk to them over steam and join a different mumble than TARK'S IFAP MUMBLE SERVER if you hate IFAP so much.

Edited:

tldr: Can we please get along?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8203
    December 2009
    13,460 Posts
    I think when we did our mission on Duala a few months ago that was the perfect balance between realism and fun. And I'm pretty sure we only had like 4 machine guns and one sniper rifle out of at least 20 people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #8204
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    Tarks mumble isnt even up anymore we were in vizze not tarks mumble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

5. Post #8205
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    i side with so many different people in so many different fucking ways that all of this shit is a giant fucking clusterfuck for me
    asdasdasdasdsfadfasfdadfareva
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #8206
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    i side with so many different people in so many different fucking ways that all of this shit is a giant fucking clusterfuck for me
    asdasdasdasdsfadfasfdadfareva
    keep your mumble up
    fuck haters

Edited:

birds wall
    thank you
    and if you want to play arma and run around with pkms and shit go play domination on some gay ass "milsim groop" server

Edited:

also the case w/ stewe and shacktac is that he just entirely forgot about us and doesn't talk to us much any more ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #8207
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    i'm gonna do my first photoshoot ever. Gonna try and pull off a don draper look!

8. Post #8208
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    i'm gonna do my first photoshoot ever. Gonna try and pull off a don draper look!
    look sexy baby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #8209
    December 2009
    13,460 Posts
    Why can't we do Arma events like this anymore? It was literally the perfect mission.

10. Post #8210
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,905 Posts
    -

11. Post #8211
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    So basically if you wanna play domination have to join some random server, even though a majority of ppl like domination

Edited:

erryone yells stop posting vidya in daily life, then bird an german with thier giant posts about shaktak an arma

12. Post #8212
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    Shut up already go play arma together if you have time to rant in rong thred.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #8213
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,836 Posts
    Neither of you have read my post apparently.

14. Post #8214
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    I skimmed it can't be bothered to read drama about a game I want to but can never play.

15. Post #8215
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    Let's move this discussion to fuckin vidya already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #8216
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    I wanna do something like this but instead of the black and white have it in color so people can recognize it's me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #8217
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,836 Posts
    I skimmed it can't be bothered to read drama about a game I want to but can never play.
    So don't say anything. I'm addressing the right people in the wrong thread in a positive manner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #8218
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    Chris are you really gonna smoke that?

19. Post #8219
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    Chris are you really gonna smoke that?
    yeh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #8220
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,428 Posts
    STOP
    TALKING
    ABOUT FUCKING VIDEOGAMES HERE JESUS SHIT NO ONE GIVES A FUCK BUT THE FUCK ASSES THAT DON'T EVEN PLAY AIRSOFT. GO AWAY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #8221
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    little known fact: you can get a similar look to don draper for about $500

22. Post #8222
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts

Edited:

you shud watchi dis, fuckin best

23. Post #8223
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    STOP
    TALKING
    ABOUT FUCKING VIDEOGAMES HERE JESUS SHIT NO ONE GIVES A FUCK BUT THE FUCK ASSES THAT DON'T EVEN PLAY AIRSOFT. GO AWAY.
    shh

24. Post #8224
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,428 Posts
    Badass1 wished me a happy birthday c':

So did tai <3

Even though my birthday is tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #8225
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,604 Posts
    Badass1 wished me a happy birthday c':

So did tai <3

Even though my birthday is tomorrow.
    I did it cause I won't be home tomorrow cuz of my BIG TRIP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

26. Post #8226
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,428 Posts
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #8227
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,764 Posts
    fish muffin

happy BIRHTADEY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #8228
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    mish fuffin

I want to put my loaf in you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #8229
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    mish fuffin

I want to put my loaf in you
    you cant loaf in him if your preggo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #8230
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Just got back into Heroscape with my brother for the first time since like 2006, only to find out they're pretty much all out of production. :'c

Any other tabletop games worth getting into? I may do Warhammer, except it's so damn expensive.

31. Post #8231
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,888 Posts
    Just got back into Heroscape with my brother for the first time since like 2006, only to find out they're pretty much all out of production. :'c

Any other tabletop games worth getting into? I may do Warhammer, except it's so damn expensive.
    Flames of War is good and there are third-party companies producing cheaper miniatures for it. If you just want a game system and not a huge expensive hobby to go along with it, though, there are loads and loads of awesome board games available. My personal favorite would be Advanced Squad Leader, hands-down the best WW2 game I have ever played although very rules-heavy. What exactly are you looking for? Genre, complexity, scale, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #8232
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Flames of War is good and there are third-party companies producing cheaper miniatures for it. If you just want a game system and not a huge expensive hobby to go along with it, though, there are loads and loads of awesome board games available. My personal favorite would be Advanced Squad Leader, hands-down the best WW2 game I have ever played although very rules-heavy. What exactly are you looking for? Genre, complexity, scale, etc.
    I'm not looking for anything too serious or expensive, just something fun to do when I have a night with the guys. I spent like 2 whole days playing Heroscape and learning Warhammer recently, and had all sorts of fun remembering how often I used to do things like that.

33. Post #8233
    April 2012
    13 Posts
    Stage collapsed at a Radiohead concert recently. Three injured and one dead.

Maybe I will see him in the next life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

34. Post #8234
    January 2007
    7,888 Posts
    I'm not looking for anything too serious or expensive, just something fun to do when I have a night with the guys. I spent like 2 whole days playing Heroscape and learning Warhammer recently, and had all sorts of fun remembering how often I used to do things like that.
    Sounds like a good board game would be better as a pick-up game than a complicate miniatures game. Would you prefer something tactical a la Warhammer, or a little more abstract/grand strategy/humorous?

35. Post #8235
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Sounds like a good board game would be better as a pick-up game than a complicate miniatures game. Would you prefer something tactical a la Warhammer, or a little more abstract/grand strategy/humorous?
    Something along the lines of Warhammer would be nice, and I just prefer miniature games for the strategy/customization/etc. I know I'm not being very specific here, but I'm basing all of my wants on something similar to this.

36. Post #8236
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,502 Posts
    If you do Warhammer, you should get the Forge World kits like the Death Korps of Krieg. They look sick as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8237
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,986 Posts
    also money

Edited:

proud owner of death korps demolisher turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #8238
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    imperial guard represent

39. Post #8239
    January 2007
    7,888 Posts
    Something along the lines of Warhammer would be nice, and I just prefer miniature games for the strategy/customization/etc. I know I'm not being very specific here, but I'm basing all of my wants on something similar to this.
    Aha. So something with the tactical gameplay of Warhammer or Heroscape, the ability to change up your army composition instead of being locked into pre-made scenarios, and fairly rules-light. There are quite a few games that fit the profile, everything from fantasy to napoleonics to air combat. Is there any particular genre you're interested in?

40. Post #8240
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Aha. So something with the tactical gameplay of Warhammer or Heroscape, the ability to change up your army composition instead of being locked into pre-made scenarios, and fairly rules-light. There are quite a few games that fit the profile, everything from fantasy to napoleonics to air combat. Is there any particular genre you're interested in?
    You hit it right on the head. And there's no particular genre at all, so long as it incorporates enough strategy I'm sold.