1. Post #401
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I really can't wait to control a rocket from inside the cockpit.
    Play FSX or orbiter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I really can't wait to control a rocket from inside the cockpit.
    View from Jeb's POV

Explains why he's so happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,990 Posts
    I modeled some detail into the 2x3m module to test. Good, bad, utter shit?

Closeup:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    I modeled some detail into the 2x3m module to test. Good, bad, utter shit?
    -snip-
    It's definitely better, but it still needs more detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #405

January 2012
    69 Posts
    Man it is me or are the forums down
    I keep getting the database error whenever i try to access forums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,990 Posts
    It's definitely better, but it still needs more detail.
    What would you suggest? Keep in mind that little details and such can be added in the texture when they finally get textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #407
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    What would you suggest? Keep in mind that little details and such can be added in the texture when they finally get textures.
    Rounded rectangles that line the top and bottom of the capsule, in between the railings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

8. Post #408
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    Well, some progress news here:

I've been working on integrating the crew here with the SFS system, so that they get saved with the ship they are in, and then respawn later. Easier said than done though... to maintain consistency with the SFS system, the crew needs a complete SFS representation, so I'm having to write a whole lot more code than I initially expected. But that's ok, because if experience is any reference, this should be a very robust and flexible solution (because it follow the same logic as the ships and parts in the SFS system).

The way I'm doing this is something like this: The vessels themselves will hold no crew. Their parts will. That is, a vessel definition will only provide convenience functions to manage crew, but what actually holds the crew references are the parts. That is because vessels are too generic to actually hold crew. If you carry a passenger cabin module into a suborbital joyride (which might be a possibility in the future) and then detach the module and fire yourself into a closed orbit, your passengers will now be on a very different trip than yours, and quite obviously in another spacecraft as well. So it's the parts that need to hold the crew in them.

Ok, not too bad, but then we hit another problem. The crew will only actually exist on the active vessel. On the others, they are de-spawned, and exist only as abstract objects. The problem is, if we then generate a scene backup (as with autosaving), what do we use to build the crew backup? The parts exist, so they will be backed up fine, but the crew might not.

Fortunately though, this isn't the first time we've faced this issue. The vessels themselves are doing something very similar with their in-flight unloading scheme. If a vessel is unloaded, it will return the reference to it's last generated backup. Trouble is, if a vessel is unloaded, it's own instance isn't quite dead... only it's parts are. So that means a vessel can hold it's own backup even if it's unloaded, as opposed to the crew, which will be completely removed from the game at that point.
    To solve this issue then, I think we might get away with storing the crew backups in the parts that contain them... It's a small inconsistency with the way vessels do things, but it should work just as well I think.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,384 Posts
    Nice, does this mean that it will be possible to tell the kerbals to go to different parts of the ship, then eject them?

10. Post #410
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,323 Posts

So that's cool. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #411
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Goddamnit WE NEED AN UPDATE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

12. Post #412
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    Goddamnit WE NEED AN UPDATE
    I thought I would be in complete agony by now since I haven't bought it; I find the situation humorous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,141 Posts
    I thought I would be in complete agony by now since I haven't bought it; I find the situation humorous.
    O ye how humorous will it be when it comes out and the rest of us can fly with Kirfurt Kerman and you cant??

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #414
    So when will we get updates for decals? Its just a empty slot....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,990 Posts
    This, gentlemen, is how you build landers.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,598 Posts
    Aw, man.
    0.14 looks so cool yet I won't be able to get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #417

April 2011
    4,492 Posts
    Did we get a release date for 0.14? I'm sure Harv posted about announcing one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #418
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Did we get a release date for 0.14? I'm sure Harv posted about announcing one.

19. Post #419
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,484 Posts
    This, gentlemen, is how you build landers.

Oh god the pad at the end.

We went fifty meters... To the moon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts

So that's cool. :)
    No Jeb, no go.

I think it should be decreed that Jeb is a requirement to each and every flight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,494 Posts
    No Jeb, no go.

I think it should be decreed that Jeb is a requirement to each and every flight.
    It'd be fitting if the original crew became the main guys at mission control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,753 Posts
    I think you can choose your crewmembers according to the tab in the VAB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,990 Posts
    Airlock is done.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    July 2007
    2,253 Posts
    I think the way the ship flies should depend on the crew, Jebediah would be free, and the ship would be pretty much unflyable with him as pilot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9 (list)

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,154 Posts
    or like,
    not that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

28. Post #428
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    My internet has been slow today. At first, I only saw the 10 winners that CBB was rated, and I was like "egad, 0.14 must be out!" But then nawww, it's not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #429
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    40/15 master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #430
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    40/15 master race
    40/15?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #431
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,141 Posts
    40/15?
    Download speed in megabit, 40 down 15 up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Brb getting gigabit connection.

Edited:

Then my hardware will bottleneck my internet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,141 Posts
    Brb getting gigabit connection.

Edited:

Then my hardware will bottleneck my internet
    You mean like this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    You mean like this:

Yeah, but I'm in murrika.

Oh no I derailed the thread again.

Edited:

Oh look a dumbshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #435
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,141 Posts
    I know.

That was mine for five days, and will be mine for five days this easter as well.

Edited:

I just remembered you've seen that other thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    40/15 master race
    40/40 master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #437
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    5/.4 peasant race :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #438
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,484 Posts
    1/.40
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,688 Posts
    I just pre ordered and when I download it, it downloads as winrar, and when I open it with winrar, it says its corrupt or a unknown format. What do?

nvm, read the wiki.

nvm again, I still need help. I cleared my cache, used two different browsers, and its still giving me that error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Uhh, lemme make a mirror.

Edited:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46862728/KSP_win_0_13_1.zip

Try that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)