1. Post #6401
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    Shift + W|A|S|D|Q|E
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6402
    July 2010
    1,321 Posts
    came up with some ideas for long term bases. It also seems to work well as a lunar orbiter.. with enough fuel to land.

I really like the Kosmos LK pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #6403

April 2012
    64 Posts
    http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/...dders_to_Parts

Had a minion reformat my airlock tutorial write-up for the wiki. Go make airlocks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

4. Post #6404
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,652 Posts
    http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/...dders_to_Parts

Had a minion reformat my airlock tutorial write-up for the wiki. Go make airlocks!
    where does one download the things for this?

Edited:

Shift + W|A|S|D|Q|E
    nah for whatever reason that doesn't rotate the tank about centre-mass, instead it rotates from where it's attaching, meaning if I turn it's actually going into the ship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #6405
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    nah for whatever reason that doesn't rotate the tank about centre-mass, instead it rotates from where it's attaching, meaning if I turn it's actually going into the ship
    Try putting a decoupler or something between the main rocket and the crew tank?

might be skitzing because of some node bullshit, you might end up having to do each one individually, I've noticed the radial placement is a little buggy in 0.16, some parts just don't centre properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6406
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,470 Posts
    Try putting a decoupler or something between the main rocket and the crew tank?

might be skitzing because of some node bullshit, you might end up having to do each one individually, I've noticed the radial placement is a little buggy in 0.16, some parts just don't centre properly.
    there's a cfg fix a dozen pages back or so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #6407
    June 2008
    1,524 Posts
    node_attach = -1.01, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #6408
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Can somebody explain how multiplayer would work with this game? People seem to think it's obvious.

To do anything interesting in this game, you have to use time warping. For example, Mun missions take a few days.
    If you've got multiple people playing, how are you going to have warping? It accelerates the simulation of the whole game, so either:
    a. One person turning on warping warps time for everybody on the server. This is ridiculous and would be unplayable.
    or b. Each person has their own warp speed. Aside from the question of how and where it would be calculated, wouldn't it make it really weird for somebody to be shooting around at 10x speed, while you're gracefully drifting about? I suppose it would make docking really easy, because you could just warp forward to catch up with your target.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #6409
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,266 Posts
    Can somebody explain how multiplayer would work with this game? People seem to think it's obvious.

To do anything interesting in this game, you have to use time warping. For example, Mun missions take a few days.
    If you've got multiple people playing, how are you going to have warping? It accelerates the simulation of the whole game, so either:
    a. One person turning on warping warps time for everybody on the server. This is ridiculous and would be unplayable.
    or b. Each person has their own warp speed. Aside from the question of how and where it would be calculated, wouldn't it make it really weird for somebody to be shooting around at 10x speed, while you're gracefully drifting about? I suppose it would make docking really easy, because you could just warp forward to catch up with your target.
    Warping at your own speed would also work very weird for injections to other bodies, because if you warp, they won't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #6410
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,597 Posts
    Warping at your own speed would also work very weird for injections to other bodies, because if you warp, they won't.
    This isn't exactly a bad thing though. It'd probably make injections easier, since you could probably just point and shoot, and you could play it off as a warp-drive or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

11. Post #6411
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    6,346 Posts
    came up with some ideas for long term bases. It also seems to work well as a lunar orbiter.. with enough fuel to land.
    I really like the Kosmos LK pack.
    Could you do me a huge favour and upload that pack? Kerbal's forums are down and I really wanna test it out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #6412
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts

If multiplayer is ever added I think the only solution is for each player would have individual warping. If one player is warping to everyone else he would simply appear to be going very fast.

This is because it is unlikely that multiplayer will have any actual objective other than to dick around with your mates and an infinite supply of rockets this wouldn't really hurt anybody (and by not hurting anybody I mean players, the kerbals being time warped into Munbases at kraken speeds would indeed feel the pain).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #6413
    September 2006
    6,346 Posts
    If multiplayer is ever added I think the only solution is for each player would have individual warping. If one player is warping to everyone else he would simply appear to be going very fast.

This is because it is unlikely that multiplayer will have any actual objective other than to dick around with your mates and an infinite supply of rockets this wouldn't really hurt anybody (and by not hurting anybody I mean players, the kerbals being time warped into Munbases at kraken speeds would indeed feel the pain).
    I can imagine busy servers will have a lot of trolling. Kamikaze space ships with Japanese flags on them warping into other players and exploding them.

"Fuck you, I just got into orbit!"
    "Hueheueheuhe"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6414
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    I can imagine busy servers will have a lot of trolling. Kamikaze space ships with Japanese flags on them warping into other players and exploding them.

"Fuck you, I just got into orbit!"
    "Hueheueheuhe"
    I am visualising all the Nazi Mun bases, oh Iron Sky..

It'd be neat if the server generated a launch pad at the KSC for every player on the server. So you have a neat row of launch pads down the coast there.

IF multiplayer is even implemented officially its going to be fun as shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6415
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,011 Posts
    You could do it like Defcon: warp is locked to the slowest speed requested on the server. So if everyone wants 10000x, they can have it until someone wants to land on the mun at 5x. It's an easily trollable mechanic, but it's just something to think about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #6416
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Although I was kind of joking about there being a serverwide warp-level, it would be pretty funny.
    Some guy carefully getting his two craft aligned for docking. Nearly there...
    Admin: "brb, just going to the Mun"
    WARP FACTOR 1000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

17. Post #6417
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,597 Posts
    I am visualising all the Nazi Mun bases, oh Iron Sky..

It'd be neat if the server generated a launch pad at the KSC for every player on the server. So you have a neat row of launch pads down the coast there.

IF multiplayer is even implemented officially its going to be fun as shit.
    Holy shit imagine if it had a really high playerlimit (as in Mount & Blade levels). You'd end up with massive orbital EVA parties, planetary invasions and station clusters made and populated entirely by old rockets and players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #6418
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,652 Posts
    and just before lift off the rocket next to yours explodes and your rocket is torn in half by a projectile-winglet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #6419
    September 2006
    6,346 Posts
    Multiplayer better implement some sort of self-defense lasers. Fuck getting a station into orbit if I can't defend it from being blown up by kamikaze players. It'd be awesome shooting little self-destruct ships out of the sky to save your Kerbal Orbital Hotel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #6420
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,874 Posts
    Started playing this again now that I finally have a computer that can run it, but the forum is down so I can't get any new parts. Are there any other sites I can get mods from?

Edited:

Landing on moon and minmus with stock parts these days was rather easy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

21. Post #6421
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    Are there any other sites I can get mods from?

soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

22. Post #6422
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,597 Posts
    Just a quick question, what is the blue spray that flies out of the mechjeb pods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

23. Post #6423
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,667 Posts
    Id imagine a multiplayer gamemode that would be fun would be three (or more) players taking the role of a kerbinaut. one player being mission control. mission control would be almost exactly like the single player flying. But being a kerbal would be differant. You would have to do IVAs and EVAs. Each player being assigned a task. Hell, we could even have a pilot who takes over when mission control doesnt have enough 'range' to control your ship. Communication could also be like its over radio, with static and those little beeps at the beginning. Imagine being mission control and watching your player controlled kerbals fuck everything up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

24. Post #6424
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts
    Just a quick question, what is the blue spray that flies out of the mechjeb pods?
    Cooling i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #6425
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,652 Posts
    essence of jeb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #6426
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,597 Posts
    essence of jeb
    brb, playing KSP and "my heart will go on" at the same time.

I cant wait till the Kerbals get voices

the screams of a thousand lost souls echoing through the vast emptiness of space forever.
    You just reminded me of this:

1:56
    [URL]
    :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #6427
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,667 Posts
    I cant wait till the Kerbals get voices

the screams of a thousand lost souls echoing through the vast emptiness of space forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #6428
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,022 Posts
    Could someone help me with these new parttools stuff? I can't replace the mesh renderer component with with a mesh collider. And can the meshes used for ladders be complex in shape or do they have to be boxes?

29. Post #6429

April 2012
    64 Posts
    Could someone help me with these new parttools stuff? I can't replace the mesh renderer component with with a mesh collider. And can the meshes used for ladders be complex in shape or do they have to be boxes?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdWDy1HnRhY&feature=plcp

C7 explains how to set up colliders in this video.

And I'm not sure if ladder/airlock triggers can be concave, but I'm assuming they follow the same laws as the other colliders. You should test that out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #6430
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Forums are down, anybody got links to damned robotics and Kosmos Pack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #6431

April 2012
    64 Posts
    http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/Releases/

Robotics is in there, can't get help you with Kosmos though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #6432
    July 2010
    1,321 Posts

Mapped the moon, i'm not sure what's wrong with the background though. The pole looks very interesting, too bad the terrain is extremely rough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #6433
    September 2008
    280 Posts
    I sent a mapping satelite to polar orbit today.

After 4-5 hours(Real time and I set warp at 10x) of Kirwell's hard work and ISA satelite plug-in. We got the map of kerbin!

More view of the map!

Todo:
    Sent mapping satelite to the Mun.
    Sent rover to the Mun
    Land on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

34. Post #6434
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,169 Posts
    I could imagine base wars in KSP multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

35. Post #6435
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,498 Posts
    can anybody get me a link to that mapping mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6436
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,454 Posts
    What inclination are you guys using for mapping?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #6437
    September 2008
    280 Posts
    I go for 90 degree inclination. that's the polar orbit. I sent it to 110km
    and link of mapping satelite is at KSP forum which is currently down...

I'm just do the gravity turn to the north.
    Edit: Oh that's 90 degree? sorry I didn't know that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #6438
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,454 Posts
    I go for 0 degree inclination. that's the polar orbit
    Huh, I tried that but it always returned me to the exact same position on the ISA map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

39. Post #6439
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Huh, I tried that but it always returned me to the exact same position on the ISA map.
    He meant 90 degrees. Go over both poles so that the planet rotating below you allows it to map different longitudes from the same orbit.

40. Post #6440
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,454 Posts
    He meant 90 degrees. Go over both poles so that the planet rotating below you allows it to map different longitudes from the same orbit.
    Exactly, that was my orbit, so I tried lowering the inclination but that also returned me to the same position. It probably didn't work because of the height of my orbit (200 km I think it was).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)