1. Post #5241
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,373 Posts
    is there a way to disable that?
    The reason it goes on rails is to keep Unity from simulating orbits for 200 objects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5242
    July 2010
    1,316 Posts
    2nd stage separation.

edit:

MECO

anybody have an issue with large rockets (mass > 140t) at high altitudes? my retro thrusters rip off at around 300m/s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5243
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

4. Post #5244
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,222 Posts

is it me or are the command mod's a lot more tough ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5245
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts

is it me or are the command mod's a lot more tough ?
    They're pretty tough, but in that example, it had a softer landing thanks to landing on the parachute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #5246
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    I hope they'll add heat effects to the new engines soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #5247
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,653 Posts
    hmm so using mun as a slingshot to minmus really isn't that hard. saves on fuel and i don't think i could get a 3 person crew there any other way. can do a video if you guys want.

our 2 kerbins up in orbit (i put another one up there since the last i posted) and their ship 10 km away, within easy RCS pack distance.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #5248
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,828 Posts
    Fuck, I am going to have to redo my tutorial on landing on the mun which I have delayed due to the video file going corrupt, AGAIN.

Oh god where is his body.

Anyway I hope it downloads for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

9. Post #5249
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    Is it me or do the ladders automatically extend when near the mun? I didn't activate it, and I looked at it (while it was closed) just a minute ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #5250
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,107 Posts
    Ugh I want to buy this, but the site won't load properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5251
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Yea the site isn't loading for me either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #5252
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,828 Posts
    Forums are in read only mode right now, apparently the server is unable to handle the amount of traffic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #5253
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    The only thing I have done so far in 0.16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #5254
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Since the KSP forum is still recovering I'm going to post this here aswell.

The crewtank carries some fuel and up to 5 rescued Kerbals. Tried to make it fit with the large pod, went so-so. And it doesn't align properly so just spin it around until the ladder lines up with the pod in the VAB/SPH.

Download
    Got a pretty big problem with this. I can't attach it to the side of a tank because it always connects at the door, and I want the doors facing outward for a little moonbase. Any way to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5255
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    I love when awful things happen and I pull some Apollo shit thinking I'm going to save their lives but some piece flies off during re-entry and they all die a terrible death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #5256
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,129 Posts
    I love when awful things happen and I pull some Apollo shit thinking I'm going to save their lives but some piece flies off during re-entry and they all die a terrible death.
    I rescued bill from orbit around the sun only for him to crash into the planet because the fast forward didn't slow down in time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5257
    July 2010
    1,316 Posts
    Since the KSP forum is still recovering I'm going to post this here aswell.
    awesome, can you make a 1m version as well?

18. Post #5258
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,326 Posts
    I want to build a ship with that 5 crew module on the nose of my rocket, equipped lander legs, acting as a would-be-lunar-lander.

Once I'm in orbit, I'd like to space-walk my crew out from the command module, and put them in the lander, just as the Soviets had planned to do!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #5259
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts
    Got a pretty big problem with this. I can't attach it to the side of a tank because it always connects at the door, and I want the doors facing outward for a little moonbase. Any way to fix this?
    Can't you rotate it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #5260

April 2012
    64 Posts
    Never even thought about how it would react when attached radially to something, node_attach = -1.01, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1 reverts it around so the ladder points outwards.

fox '09 posted:
    awesome, can you make a 1m version as well?
    I might do one once the new parttools are released.

Suitcase posted:
    I want to build a ship with that 5 crew module on the nose of my rocket, equipped lander legs, acting as a would-be-lunar-lander.

Once I'm in orbit, I'd like to space-walk my crew out from the command module, and put them in the lander, just as the Soviets had planned to do!
    You need to put a pod along with the crewmodule on the lander, without a pod attached to the craft it won't be controllable. But you can still do a Pod+CT lander sitting on a rocket with a CT and have the kerbals climb down into the rocket CT before launch and eva into the lander in orbit.

Edit: Also: How does one add multiple quotes to a post without being laserjesus at forumhacking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #5261
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,358 Posts

Finally, the TRIAL AND ERROR landed on the Mun after many, many crashes (mostly rockets failing and imploding in the upper atmosphere.

RIP Billy-Bob Kerman, who exited the rocket and hit the surface of the Mun at 150m/s. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #5262
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,116 Posts
    RIP 2x warp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

23. Post #5263
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,085 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27 (list)

24. Post #5264
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,155 Posts
    RIP 2x warp
    Warp is pretty fucked, they really shouldn't have standardized it to the time units, its annoyingly fast.
    Not to mention it still does the "gradual descent of warp levels", which is ok and all, but it ends up causing way too many crashes.
    Removal of any warp within atmosphere really doesn't help either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #5265
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    fuck you I was drinking milk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #5266
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,107 Posts
    A friend of mine sent me this. He was trying to orbit. I think he went a little to far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #5267
    June 2008
    1,523 Posts
    Warp is pretty fucked, they really shouldn't have standardized it to the time units, its annoyingly fast.
    Not to mention it still does the "gradual descent of warp levels", which is ok and all, but it ends up causing way too many crashes.
    Removal of any warp within atmosphere really doesn't help either.
    Double-clicking a time will instantly change it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #5268
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts

kerbal space program v0.16.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #5269
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,373 Posts
    Never even thought about how it would react when attached radially to something, node_attach = -1.01, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1 reverts it around so the ladder points outwards.

I might do one once the new parttools are released.

You need to put a pod along with the crewmodule on the lander, without a pod attached to the craft it won't be controllable. But you can still do a Pod+CT lander sitting on a rocket with a CT and have the kerbals climb down into the rocket CT before launch and eva into the lander in orbit.

Edit: Also: How does one add multiple quotes to a post without being laserjesus at forumhacking?
    click quote on the post you want, copy all

go to next quoting post, paste, copy all, repeat

30. Post #5270
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Thanks!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

31. Post #5271
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    Oh god I never thought of that! Now we can have actually inhabitable space stations, almost as good as docking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #5272
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    Could someone either explain how to build a simple ship that will make it to the moon or upload the files or something? I suck at this game and I can't even get close to the moon.

33. Post #5273
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,876 Posts
    itd be no fun
    keep trying, rome wasnt built in one day

Edited:

im downloading 0.16 and its going at half my regular speed
    why ksp why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #5274
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Could someone either explain how to build a simple ship that will make it to the moon or upload the files or something? I suck at this game and I can't even get close to the moon.
    I can tell you from experience that the solution is more rockets

35. Post #5275
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    There are only so many Jebs, my good sir.

36. Post #5276
    itd be no fun
    keep trying, rome wasnt built in one day

Edited:

im downloading 0.16 and its going at half my regular speed
    why ksp why
    Hey, at least it's moving at some speed, which seems better than some people in this thread

Boyblunder, keep trying man. Feels better when you actually do make a rocket that makes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

37. Post #5277
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,653 Posts
    well once you get a good rocket the getting there is as important as the rocket. don't just go straight up forever and hope the mun passes by when you need it to otherwise you'll go slamming back down to kerbin. the key is to orbit kerbin and keep expanding the orbit. the atmosphere ends at around 71KM so an orbit with a minimum altitude above that is fine (so like go up to 71KM, your momentum should carry you higher, and then point east or something and start burning till you get into orbit). to increase the maximum height of the orbit make a prograde burn (the direction you are going in, the yellow indicator without the X in it) at the minimum altitude of the orbit and all the vice versas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5278
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,116 Posts
    Tip for novice rocket scientists

Start small. Get the feel for what amount of engines and fuel and whatnot make a successful rocket. Make a single stage, get it to be stable and maneuverable, then make a second stage, then a third.

Also, ASAS and vectored thrusters are your friends.

As for getting to the mun, go first into any orbit over 70km, circularize it more or less, then orbit and wait until you see the mun rise, then you need to burn prograde (aligned with the circular yellow marker on the navball that doesnt have an X). Burn until you see your trajectory enter the muns sphere of influence, then stop your burn and time warp to to the mun, then you will need to burn retrograde (aligned with the yellow marker that has an X inside of it) to slow yourself either to land or to get into orbit.

Make sure when you launch that you keep your plane at the 90 degree marker on the navball, which will get you aligned with the mun. For a mun rocket you just need to make a rocket that can get about 2 full tanks of fuel into orbit. One tank for the burn to get there and for deceleration, one tank for final deceleration and landing and to get home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #5279
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,876 Posts
    is there a new patcher? my update didnt download any, and i tried deleting my mod parts to see if the game would work (it hung at mechjeb before) but now its hanging at testprop01. maybe the new patcher (if it exists) will fix it.
    is there one? could someone upload it

Edited:

it worked and OH MY GOD THE MENU IS 3D NOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #5280
    July 2010
    1,316 Posts
    finally, minimus base..
    There should of been 3 landers, however one of them crashed at 100m/s.. it left the capsule intact and was about 1.2km away from the target. Jeb & the crew waited a few hours for the 8 seat lander to arrive..

The MMU works very well on minimus, you just have to use it like an orbiting craft as opposed to a jetpack under the low gravity.