1. Post #281
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I love the engines being on top. It looks so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    I love the engines being on top. It looks so good.
    thanks. I am quite partial to it as well. it is a neat little craft. was easy to make it a self contained pod. having to use a rocket to get out of orbit was annoying. one reason I made the Durgun. but this one is nice and small :D

Edited:

Seems the RCS system needs redoing. it is basically. the exact center of gravity of the pod so they don't do anything lol. damn :/

Edited:

Okay. remodeled the RCS tank and RCS modules and now they do stuff in orbit :)

Edited:

Also, I noticed it allows for some interesting designs to be made @_@

mated it to the TKS block and made it's RCS tanks. Tomorrow perhaps i will make it's RCS blocks

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Thread has been empty recently, bump.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #284
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,319 Posts
    Sweet (posted by Harv):

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    Is that a radar tower that shoots lasers at your spacecraft and you have to avoid it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #286
    April 2005
    1,319 Posts
    Is that a radar tower that shoots lasers at your spacecraft and you have to avoid it

Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Of course. What else could it be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    That's a dream come true for me. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    That's a dream come true for me. Thanks!
    You're welcome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,147 Posts
    thanks. I am quite partial to it as well. it is a neat little craft. was easy to make it a self contained pod. having to use a rocket to get out of orbit was annoying. one reason I made the Durgun. but this one is nice and small :D

Edited:

Seems the RCS system needs redoing. it is basically. the exact center of gravity of the pod so they don't do anything lol. damn :/

Edited:

Okay. remodeled the RCS tank and RCS modules and now they do stuff in orbit :)

Edited:

Also, I noticed it allows for some interesting designs to be made @_@

mated it to the TKS block and made it's RCS tanks. Tomorrow perhaps i will make it's RCS blocks

nice 7up bottle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    I was thinking more I dream of geini lamp

but soda bottles are good at holding pressure. so i guess the soviets copied the for that reason :D

on a side note. KSP forum people are really hating on the green. should I not make them green?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #292
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    fuck em,

make them bright green.

Really just keep them green, they can deal with it   

13. Post #293
    April 2010
    1,599 Posts
    I was thinking more I dream of geini lamp

but soda bottles are good at holding pressure. so i guess the soviets copied the for that reason :D

on a side note. KSP forum people are really hating on the green. should I not make them green?
    I sort of wondered about the color myself. Although green on pre-Mir parts would be historically accurate, you might want to color the whole pack in grey/off-white to make it easier to combine with other parts packs.

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,146 Posts

Well shit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 17Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #295
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Seems legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #296
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,090 Posts
    I had to try docking the Kerpollo CSM to the Kerpollo LEM

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 19Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Did she cum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,138 Posts
    i gotta get outta this suit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    eh... also you can see the new radiator panel and RCS tank in there. but not in their proper places lol.

20. Post #300
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    That looks way better than the green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    Sega Saturn I though o something you could do to help the pack & help you get comfortable with modelling but it doesn't need an exact amount of accuraty.

22. Post #302
    April 2010
    1,599 Posts
    Well then what is it? :P

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    should get on steam

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    Did she cum?
    Makes it funnier that "LEM" means genitalia in Danish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

25. Post #305
    April 2010
    1,599 Posts
    should get on steam

Just want to let you know for whenever you get back, right after you left 3DS Max's interface pretty much shat itself and I decided not to bother with it. I actually watched the tutorial videos last night and familiarized myself with the interface to an extent, so I wasn't expecting any trouble from something as simple as camera controls. But no, apparently. Suddenly I couldn't zoom in and out with the scroll wheel anymore, nor could I do anything with the camera without dropping everything I was doing and set it to orbit mode. Then I created a box and tried to set its height and width dimensions, something that was easy last night, but now the box isn't responding to the numbers I set it to until I type them into the box two or three times and hit enter every time. When it finally did respond, it wouldn't let me move any objects along the axes because the "move object" cursor (another thing that worked fine last night) now selects the ground behind the axes or object and snaps the object to that position on the grid.

Edit: I don't care what you guys say about sketchup, it doesn't pull this kind of shit, lol.

26. Post #306
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    You know there's a reason why sketchup is used for training.

27. Post #307
    April 2010
    1,599 Posts
    Alright, I've restarted the program and am now working from scratch. Everything appears to be in order now. Turns out hitting Ctr. C causes the editor to place some sort of camera object in the working area that causes havoc on the controls. Deleting the camera solves the issue.

28. Post #308

April 2011
    4,465 Posts
    Alright, I've restarted the program and am now working from scratch. Everything appears to be in order now. Turns out hitting Ctr. C causes the editor to place some sort of camera object in the working area that causes havoc on the controls. Deleting the camera solves the issue.
    I've never found that cameras break the UI in Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,409 Posts
    I just realised something, it doesn't seem like the upcoming update will allow for one craft splitting into two.

If it doesn't make sense what I'm talking about, imagine you want to get to the moon and split into two functional and separate crafts, giving you the ability to control both the lander and the orbiter.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #310
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    It's because max switches the viewport to the camera's view. Hitting P should switch it back to perspective mode.
    Also, if you want to copy objects (I'm assuming that's why you pressed ctrl-c), just hold down shift and move the object, it should create a clone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

31. Post #311
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 8 (list)

32. Post #312
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,090 Posts
    This was posted earlier on this very page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    *slow clap*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #314
    April 2005
    1,319 Posts
    Hm, I think that Venku moderator-guy is letting his 'power' get to his head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I deserve that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,409 Posts
    I heard that they are adding persistence next update!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I heard that they're adding a moon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I heard they're going to add a proper ocean!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #319
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I heard they're making the area round rather than a flat plane!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #320
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Hey! We got a settings screen!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)