5,075 Posts
    it is a flare launcher. ask this dude why he needed it
    To shoot flares I imagine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2522
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,548 Posts

Here's my terrain generator, it has trees and stuff now. I'm quite happy with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2523
    June 2012
    5,709 Posts
    Here's a render of what I have so far

Full view

Which looks better, sight or no sight?

4. Post #2524
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,926 Posts
    -cool terrain-
    Here's my terrain generator, it has trees and stuff now. I'm quite happy with it.

what engine is that?

5. Post #2525
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,534 Posts
    I think he said it's unity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2526
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    Which looks better, sight or no sight?

No need for sight when you have that awesome scope..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #2527
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    No need for sight when you have that awesome scope..
    Double the accuracy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #2528
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,548 Posts

I has editor tools. I can generate terrains and look cool at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2529
    September 2011
    302 Posts

I didn't notice if you already said this but what is this for exactly? Are you going to use it for anything specific?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #2530
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts

Are you just using a regular bump map for the terrain? 3d perlin noise with some kind of percentage lock o n the amount of terrain that is generated based on height produces much more interesting results.

11. Post #2531
    October 2011
    467 Posts
    So I finally got around to the UVW unwrapping (Thanks Quinn!). I tried the AO Bake, and I got this really bad looking thing around the edge. Does anybody know how to get rid of this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #2532
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    You've either got the wireframe image included in the texture somewhere or the AO bake needs a few more pixels of padding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #2533
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    You've either got the wireframe image included in the texture somewhere or the AO bake needs a few more pixels of padding.
    Depending on the 3D program, but If it was UV, you would have had green stripes defining the polygons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events

14. Post #2534
    November 2009
    9,082 Posts

You know if you ever release this as anything, the Notch Fanboi Attack Squad will descend upon you and rend the flesh from your bones, right?

Godspeed, Graphics Chipset Man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #2535
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,548 Posts
    I didn't notice if you already said this but what is this for exactly? Are you going to use it for anything specific?
    I just wanted to learn how to use "for" loops and this is what I got.
    I think I've learned them.

Edited:

Are you just using a regular bump map for the terrain? 3d perlin noise with some kind of percentage lock o n the amount of terrain that is generated based on height produces much more interesting results.
    No, actually unity has a perlin noise function which is super handy. Though it's poorly documented but it's very simple and useful.
    I generate thee different perlins to a byte array and then turn that into an RGB 2D texture which I then
    can easily display and use for the terrain generation.

Edited:

You know if you ever release this as anything, the Notch Fanboi Attack Squad will descend upon you and rend the flesh from your bones, right?

Godspeed, Graphics Chipset Man.
    Hey, that would be cool. But I'm not going to turn this into a game or anything, I'll probably just share the project.

Edited:

I made a nice video demonstrating the generator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

16. Post #2536
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,148 Posts
    If the AO has alpha you can also press ctrl + F in photoshop. I think it was...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

17. Post #2537
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    I just wanted to learn how to use "for" loops and this is what I got.
    I think I've learned them.

Edited:

No, actually unity has a perlin noise function which is super handy. Though it's poorly documented but it's very simple and useful.
    I generate thee different perlins to a byte array and then turn that into an RGB 2D texture which I then
    can easily display and use for the terrain generation.

Edited:

Hey, that would be cool. But I'm not going to turn this into a game or anything, I'll probably just share the project.

Edited:

I made a nice video demonstrating the generator.
    Oh man that is awesome. I think the texture pack you have needs a bit of work but just generally all the effects and that awesome torrent of blocks loading looks amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2538
    June 2012
    5,709 Posts

It didn't make sense to have the scope and the sight, so I folded it down instead of removing it because I like it there

19. Post #2539
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    nvidia if you're not careful you'll just making a shitty minecraft clone!! if you want to make it good you have to understand how notch works: so take a year's vacation for every week of progress and half ass everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,172 Posts
    so im kind of trying to start 3d modeling again it being summer and all and since im taking ~drawing I~ in community college over the summer i need to start being all creative and shit again.

21. Post #2541
    January 2010
    4,229 Posts
    yes theres actually one reason, im trying to get into gta iv modelling, and the head rigging only supports one texture. There are 4 for the head, i need just one.
    fucking MADE IT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

22. Post #2542
    May 2011
    2,976 Posts
    fucking MADE IT
    "The page you have requested is not valid."

23. Post #2543
    January 2010
    4,229 Posts
    jesus christ

now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #2544
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    yeah

25. Post #2545
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    I just pierced both my nipples...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #2546
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    I just pierced both my nipples...
    I'm proud of you, Domino.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #2547
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    Need pics.

28. Post #2548
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    Need pics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    October 2011
    467 Posts
    I have 3DSMax 2011, if my wire-frame is in that how should I fix it? what do you mean by a few more pixels of padding? how can I fix that.

30. Post #2550
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    Oh god.
    You're hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2551
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,725 Posts
    "Hey let's check out the 3D thread!"

>pierced nipples

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #2552
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    "Hey let's check out the 3D thread!"

>pierced nipples

[img]file:///C:/Users/Paul-Simon/Pictures/excited_boom.gif[/img]
    Better fix that before someone quotes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

33. Post #2553
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,725 Posts
    ffffuck you

I thought i was in my public dropbox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2554
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2555
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    11/10

Edited:

Digital 3D Art - Domino's Nipples Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2556
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    11/10

Edited:

Digital 3D Art - Domino's Nipples Edition
    I demand a 3D sculpt of my pierced nipples for the header in the next thread :P
    Also, there's a video getting uploaded of the piercing.. I scream like a little bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2557
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,849 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 7 (list)

38. Post #2558
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I'm having a pretty huge issue with the 3ds cut tool, whenever I use vertex cut and attempt to create vertices in between (as in on the face of the obj) it just doesn't work. I can only make cuts from one edge to another.

39. Post #2559
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,926 Posts
    ok so I want to start adding weapons to my ship, what is the best way to do it?

40. Post #2560
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,321 Posts
    On a different subject.

I'm working on an longer animation, and this is the look of the scene, and I'm probably gonna get some AO up in here, as well as some Z-depth
    I didn't model the scene, but adjusted it a little, as well as fixed the light, and got the CAT rig in there.
    I'm basically gonna animate the CAT doing something, he obviously cannot do.

The color of the rig might change.. Don't know.
    But yeah, the lightning is done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)