1. Post #921
    September 2011
    5,242 Posts

After assembling a computer, I have decided to set up a complex security system in case I were to find an SMP server with the Computer Mod. Of course, it won't stop the fiends who force their way in, but if you're like me, you're going to want to leave no trace of stealing things except for the lack of stolen goods. I tend to come back for more, often.

Anyway, like the image says, the Redstonecycle Gate is time-set and keyed. If the time is out of the range and it's not open to the public, I have to have a specific diskette (labelled "Cardkey") to open the door just for ten seconds. In that time, I have to insert the diskette, take it out, and get inside. Managed to successfully rig a 2x3 piston door's circuit, but I lack two more slimeballs for sticky pistons. If I wasn't a little more humble, I'd say I was an evil genius.

Now that's settled, I set off for slimeballs. Dusk is approaching, so I can't take any chances waiting it out. Even if that means flying off a cliff. Geronimo!

Managed to make it to dawn. There's a castle in the background. If being evil and a genius is correct, the drill is to kill everyone and loot everything in it. I hope there's at least two slimeballs in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,993 Posts
    Hm, I just found out Notch's wifes name is Elin.

Elin means "organ" in finnish. And usually when we say "elin" it tends to refer to the reproductive organ of a male.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 17Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #923
    March 2011
    111 Posts
    Isn't there a bug in 1.1 where you can exploit iron bars to make wireless redstone? Thought this'd be the place to ask.

Apparently you can, if it's true what he says in the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,193 Posts

Apparently you can, if it's true what he says in the video.
    How do people even figure that shit out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

5. Post #925
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    May 2010
    3,914 Posts
    It's really neat, but probably a few too many biomes that could be narrowed down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    October 2010
    508 Posts
    Anyone wanna make a Dingodile skin for me? I'll give you... well I dunno. A cookie perhaps. Or some toast.
    Tried something.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Pocket Edition 0.2.0 Alpha out for iOS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #929
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,121 Posts
    Did I not make a big enough scene about how I don't play Single Player? Honestly.
    At this point you're not even complaining about your distaste for an update to the game, you're complaining about how the server you play on doesnt completely conform to your tastes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

10. Post #930
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,935 Posts

Edited:

Minecraft in Ubuntu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,575 Posts

Edited:

Minecraft in Ubuntu.
    Last time I tried that, my fps was like 12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #932
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,812 Posts
    I've been getting 'Failed to verify username' recently on our server.
    Tried Googling it, but it came up with scattered results about Mojang's authentication servers being down. However, it's been a few days, and nothing has changed.

Edited:

Now the server's coming up with errors about not logging in.
    We've been running 12w07b, so is there a bug with that or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #933
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts

That's what I thought after watching the lego minecraft trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    October 2010
    11,284 Posts
    Got hit by their arrows and my health dropped to 1 in an instant.

Edited:

However, I managed to raid the ship's chest and stole their jukebox.

Inside the chest, I found 10 flint, 4 iron ingots, 2 gold ingots, 4 raw porkchops and 9 coal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Is the minecraft mobile version for Iphone too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #936
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,935 Posts
    Last time I tried that, my fps was like 12.
    It was smooth for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #937
    September 2011
    5,242 Posts

Edited:

Minecraft in Ubuntu.
    Psssh, that's where I first played Minecraft, back when it was in beta 1.4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Got hit by their arrows and my health dropped to 1 in an instant.

Edited:

However, I managed to raid the ship's chest and stole their jukebox.

Inside the chest, I found 10 flint, 4 iron ingots, 2 gold ingots, 4 raw porkchops and 9 coal.
    I got that mod, and found some giant floating pirate ships.

Also I hate the fucking archers in this mod. Why do they all have to poison you? Why do all the enemy archers get poisoned shit, but I can't?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #939
    September 2011
    5,242 Posts

Well that's more like it!

Ah, new day. That angle is PERFECT.

Decent interiors. Needs more furnishings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #940
    March 2010
    51 Posts

Ah, new day. That angle is PERFECT.

New wallpaper! Also, if it's not too much trouble could you tell me what mod you used to get that style of picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #941
    May 2010
    3,914 Posts
    Wanted to stock up on sand because I'm sure I'd need to use a bit of glass and TNT, and I had some spare TNT laying around so I decided I'd TNT mine it (Which is fun)

The aftermath.
    Also, the TNT is being used to feed the new cannon I made at my water base.

I ran into a problem, I was going to have a design that makes it so a TNT goes off in the back and pushes all the booster TNT to the front so you get more of a boost when firing, but whenever I did that all the booster TNT didn't do anything to the projectile. Has anyone else had this problem? I couldn't fix it so I just went up with my simple crossbow design.
    Also fuck you it's TNT pixel art. It's hard to work with a 5x6 space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    September 2011
    5,242 Posts
    New wallpaper! Also, if it's not too much trouble could you tell me what mod you used to get that style of picture?
    Better Third Person. It's still in the works, as it's not at 100% accurate block-selection and the camera phases through blocks. And the angle. Ignore the warning for not working with OptiFine. It does in this case. Removes the zooming feature, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #943
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,942 Posts
    Its coming guys!
    Minecraft is only 1300 customers away from 5 million!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,601 Posts
    Good for Minecraft. People say it's just a fad and it's gone downhill since 1.0 and all that shit, but really, Minecraft is one of the gaming achievements of the last 10 years

It's simplicity, it's attraction for anyone of all ages, it's ease of use on a wide array of PC's, it's modability... The Modability is a big one though, it's one of the things that made Half Life so successful, and now Minecraft is no exception
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    Its coming guys!
    "5 million customers?This calls for a vacation!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 7 (list)

26. Post #946
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,282 Posts
    Good for Minecraft. People say it's just a fad and it's gone downhill since 1.0 and all that shit, but really, Minecraft is one of the gaming achievements of the last 10 years

It's simplicity, it's attraction for anyone of all ages, it's ease of use on a wide array of PC's, it's modability... The Modability is a big one though, it's one of the things that made Half Life so successful, and now Minecraft is no exception
    Its simple, small, easy to install, addicting, cheap and creative.

Not much more you can ask for when it comes to games, and that list could have gone on longer if we really think about Minecraft.
    Its pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #947
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,003 Posts
    Its coming guys!
    HOLY GOSH. I expect a video of some kind, in the same wacky Mojang style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #948
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,942 Posts
    And now its only 800 left!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #949
    :)
    December 2011
    668 Posts

I made a background yesterday, while I was bored.
    It's not great, but I thought it was kinda neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,638 Posts
    Wanted to stock up on sand because I'm sure I'd need to use a bit of glass and TNT, and I had some spare TNT laying around so I decided I'd TNT mine it (Which is fun)

The aftermath.
    Also, the TNT is being used to feed the new cannon I made at my water base.

I ran into a problem, I was going to have a design that makes it so a TNT goes off in the back and pushes all the booster TNT to the front so you get more of a boost when firing, but whenever I did that all the booster TNT didn't do anything to the projectile. Has anyone else had this problem? I couldn't fix it so I just went up with my simple crossbow design.
    Also fuck you it's TNT pixel art. It's hard to work with a 5x6 space.
    You tnt mine sand to make tnt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #951
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    5 million copies sold

and at mojang, nothing at all is going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #952
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,405 Posts
    Cheapest place to buy Minecraft? G2play had it going for 10 but now it's bumped to 15, anywhere else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

33. Post #953
    December 2011
    668 Posts
    Cheapest place to buy Minecraft? G2play had it going for 10 but now it's bumped to 15, anywhere else?
    If you're lucky, you can probably buy an account for like 10 maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    snip, i found the mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,405 Posts
    If you're lucky, you can probably buy an account for like 10 maybe.
    Hmm, bit risky. Where are people selling them and can I change the password?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    July 2009
    5,403 Posts
    You should be able to craft poisons or magma cream with arrows to make them poison/ignite enemies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,575 Posts
    You should be able to craft poisons or magma cream with arrows to make them poison/ignite enemies.
    The potion mechanics could be improved a lot.

There could be a new type of potion that when used, it will make whatever weapon have that effect for x hits. That way, you can make a sword of weakness or an arrow of speed for a few hits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Hmm, bit risky. Where are people selling them and can I change the password?
    You can, but the owner of the email can always change it back.
    I could probably let you use my second account for a while (for free), but you'd be sharing it with two others. PM me if you want it.

Edited:

How the hell did I get that many posts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    I might aswell ask this again because I can't remember if anyone answered it or not, but would you guys find a series about Redpower2 and Buildcraft interesting? I'm on the edge of recording the first episode, but I don't know if it's worth it or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #960
    December 2011
    668 Posts
    I might aswell ask this again because I can't remember if anyone answered it or not, but would you guys find a series about Redpower2 and Buildcraft interesting? I'm on the edge of recording the first episode, but I don't know if it's worth it or not.
    I'd watch it. Commentary please though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)