1. Post #4281
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,937 Posts
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_Features
    Check it every other day or so, you'll find new stuff around those intervals. Even little stuff. Keep in mind that the newest features aren't always at the very bottom of the list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #4282
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...alism-70-done/
    Best attempt at a realism pack yet, although I never go above 32x.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #4283
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Check it every other day or so, you'll find new stuff around those intervals. Even little stuff. Keep in mind that the newest features aren't always at the very bottom of the list.
    There are quite a few things on there that should have been sorted out so long ago.

It also reminded me, why are powered minecarts still in the game? Do they have any use at all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4284
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Is there anyway to stop mobs from spawning other than setting it to peaceful? i am making my own NPC's and don't want creepers/zombies etc to spawn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #4285
    Blue Member

September 2011
    4,007 Posts
    Is there anyway to stop mobs from spawning other than setting it to peaceful? i am making my own NPC's and don't want creepers/zombies etc to spawn

The CJB modpack has a mob filter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

6. Post #4286
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    There are quite a few things on there that should have been sorted out so long ago.

It also reminded me, why are powered minecarts still in the game? Do they have any use at all?
    Lower-tier method to moving stuff around without slopes, for when you haven't reached redstone/gold yet.

Although really, if you have enough iron for minecart tracks, why you don't have redstone + gold is beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #4287
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    That's alot of cool shit, but I notice that they're adding hardcore to multiplayer now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #4288
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts

Yeah, I use them for transportation on the server. Some tricky people even figured out how to use them with redstone wiring.

9. Post #4289
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner x 37Useful x 2Informative x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #4290
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,810 Posts
    Ingenious! Quite a cunning way to make something we probably should have implemented. Even if we don't have bookcases that function like chests, we can still rely on this little trick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4291
    January 2010
    4,029 Posts
    Ingenious! Quite a cunning way to make something we probably should have implemented. Even if we don't have bookcases that function like chests, we can still rely on this little trick.
    This would work so well with 2B2T. I'm pretty sure that chest finders don't find minecart chests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4292
    Blue Member

September 2011
    4,007 Posts
    This would work so well with 2B2T. I'm pretty sure that chest finders don't find minecart chests.
    The one in Nodus does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #4293
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,312 Posts
    Chest finders work by models afaik. In the minecart, there is just the chest model inside the minecart.

Probably finds it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4294
    May 2011
    5,281 Posts
    >In server
    >Just joined two days ago
    >Live in cave-home with three other friends, good friend spent ages making beautiful home

>Making my own room
    >Guy says he's willing to give away shit because he's quitting the server
    >Gladly accept it
    >Pinpoints my location with in-game mod and comes to my house with my permission.
    >Gives me stuff
    >I say thanks
    >We explore a bit, he likes my house
    >I'm cautious but he seems friendly
    >Accidentally hit him with a stick, laugh it off
    >Kills me with diamond sword, laughs it off as an accident
    >Come back to house, turns out he starts blowing everything up and lighting everything on fire, steals the 7 diamonds I got my friends yesterday and blows up our chests
    >Turns out he was a griefer
    >Quits
    >Sever admins come on and tell me he's a notorious dick on the server
    >Say they'll try to roll back server but they don't know if they can do it properly
    >Friends furious with me, told me the reason it was underground was that it was secret
    >I didn't know it was meant to be secret
    >Feel like an asshole

Feels bad man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #4295
    August 2010
    694 Posts
    Can I use my normal account for the xbox version or do I have to re-buy the game from the market place?

16. Post #4296
    January 2010
    4,029 Posts
    Can I use my normal account for the xbox version or do I have to re-buy the game from the market place?
    Anything that has to do with Microsoft ends up costing you extra money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4297
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    Anything that has to do with Microsoft ends up costing you extra money.
    By that he means you have to rebuy it for the 360. Honestly, if you have the money to spend and have younger siblings, cousins, or friends, and they come over often, it's a nice buy for spending time together. If you live alone, or you usually play in your bedroom with the lights off until the wee hours of the morning, then you'll probably have no reason to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #4298
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    By that he means you have to rebuy it for the 360. Honestly, if you have the money to spend and have younger siblings, cousins, or friends, and they come over often, it's a nice buy for spending time together. If you live alone, or you usually play in your bedroom with the lights off until the wee hours of the morning, then you'll probably have no reason to buy it.
    I dont have internet at my moms. So I only get to play old arcade games i've downloaded on my xbox at my moms (why would I bring my gaming pc to a house with no internet) so I bought Minecraft on my xbox. I've played minecraft more in the past two days than I have in a few months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #4299
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,830 Posts

:]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 19Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #4300
    March 2008
    3,204 Posts
    what's that

Edited:

i agree, its worth it for the splitscreen alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #4301
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Oh my God what is that and how do I get it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #4302
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,456 Posts
    Oh my God what is that and how do I get it
    Probably GLSL Shaders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

23. Post #4303
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,648 Posts
    No, it's (apparently) a program converting worlds to .mdl. He posted it in the general 3d art thread.

Edited:

Did a quick google search, it exists.

http://www.directcg.info/minecraft-to-blender.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #4304
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,830 Posts
    I thought I'd fool you all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

25. Post #4305
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    why is it so blurry
    that just looks silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #4306
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,456 Posts
    why is it so blurry
    that just looks silly
    It's called depth of field
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #4307
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    The center of the image is concentrated on the background, which means that the bridge should be blurry instead of the background. Aside from a few exceptions where something important is off-center (a character or known/hinted plot device, for example), the focus of the image should be based upon where the center of the image is, where the crosshair should be. I agree with him, it looks silly. Not to mention the bridge is also slightly blurry for no reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4308
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    Every picture has depth of field. I think you're thinking of shallow depth of field.

29. Post #4309
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    does anyone have a default texture pack for editing uses, just one that's exactly the same as the default one but i can drag and drop it into the texture pack folder after editing

Edited:

i just made this:

I'm pretty sure i've never seen anyone use this combo before, maybe you guys can do something with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #4310
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,830 Posts
    The center of the image is concentrated on the background, which means that the bridge should be blurry instead of the background. Aside from a few exceptions where something important is off-center (a character or known/hinted plot device, for example), the focus of the image should be based upon where the center of the image is, where the crosshair should be. I agree with him, it looks silly. Not to mention the bridge is also slightly blurry for no reason.
    It was merely a test of the 6-bladed bokeh shape, which is why the blurred part is taking up most of the screen. (wanted to see how the blur would turn out)

The bridge itself is also somewhat blurred because of the bloom/glare method I used to get the torches to glow. Could be fixed by rendering at a higher resolution.

Edited:

Have another picture:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

31. Post #4311
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,440 Posts
    It was merely a test of the 6-bladed bokeh shape, which is why the blurred part is taking up most of the screen. (wanted to see how the blur would turn out)

The bridge itself is also somewhat blurred because of the bloom/glare method I used to get the torches to glow. Could be fixed by rendering at a higher resolution.

Edited:

Have another picture:

Makes me want a minecraft themed coffee table.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #4312
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,257 Posts

Edited:

Have another picture:

What program are you using? Last time I checked mc2obj (for example) didn't output UV data or anything other than simple blocks (While you've got stairs, torches, grass, etc. working)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #4313
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,830 Posts
    What program are you using? Last time I checked mc2obj (for example) didn't output UV data or anything other than simple blocks (While you've got stairs, torches, grass, etc. working)
    Well, appears you happen to be wrong or you used a very old version of it.

https://github.com/FalconNL/mc2obj
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #4314
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,045 Posts

Does it work with new worlds yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

35. Post #4315
    September 2009
    925 Posts

That took way longer than it should have. If anyone wants the schematic to it, gimmie a shout.

(I apologise for the music, didn't realise it was actually on. It's Collarbone by Fujiya and Miyagi if anyone's wondering.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #4316
    aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA
    May 2011
    1,498 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

37. Post #4317
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

38. Post #4318
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,830 Posts
    Does it work with new worlds yet?
    No idea. Test it out. (I'm busy using another world in 3Ds)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

39. Post #4319
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,430 Posts
    So I wanna build a UFO, since I had a dream about one. What should I add in it to make it seem more UFO-y?

I've already got the idea of some piston-driven system that lets water flow down from the middle, mimicking an abduction ray.

40. Post #4320
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,257 Posts

I'm actually an idiot, I was talking about mcobj but got the name wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)