1. Post #5321
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts

Edited:

do you see the problem here
    If you decompile the snapshots, the file for rendering string is all kinds of fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

2. Post #5322
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    -nevermind-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

3. Post #5323
    FSU

May 2012
    121 Posts
    a DDoS protected IP!
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5324
    October 2008
    438 Posts

Edited:

do you see the problem here
    You need to wring out all the non-euclidean geometries from that wool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5325
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    Hola hola.
    My build is actually taking shape as a village now, will post something to show it later.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #5326
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    Since no recovery programs helped me restore my lost saves, I created a new desert world, this time, it's bigger than the older one:

I love this generator, It makes beautiful desert landscape.

Edited:

Also built this

Not as nice as the one I had in the older version, but, it's atleast close enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #5327
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,640 Posts
    I want that generator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #5328
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    I want that generator
    Here you go:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...rator-mcterra/

Choose the 0.8.0.0 version, the guy who has been working on that generator recently picked it up again and updated it with a plugin feature but he removed all the other generators, so version 0.8.0.0 has all the cool generators in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

9. Post #5329
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    -removed-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #5330
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I have started getting back into minecraft.

I have a legit survival world that I have been playing on.
    Other file is a creative vault project that I have lost my steam on finishing, probably only a couple more hours till the whole mega project is done, but I have no drive to finish it.

I want to start another big project, does anyone have some idea what it should be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #5331
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,090 Posts

what are you doing there chicken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #5332
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,766 Posts

what are you doing there chicken
    Cooking his own eggs obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #5333
    September 2009
    1,278 Posts
    Cooking his own eggs obviously.
    Ouch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 32 (list)

14. Post #5334
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,297 Posts
    Rooster Teeth Minecraft Part 4, I've been waiting all week for this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #5335
    September 2009
    925 Posts
    Hey guys, i really don't want this to come across as a shameless plug but if anyone's looking for a small 24/7 100% vanilla MC server to play on please pm me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #5336
    July 2011
    70 Posts
    A little update to my Notch tracking site: http://www.isnotchonvacation.com

Damn I need to update this site more often, I've only updated it three times so far.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Panama Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #5337
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    When you're caving near lava, always carry a fishing rod and pull mobs into lava for laughs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #5338
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,802 Posts
    I still wish fishing were fleshed out more; right now it's just throw the bob in and wait to get a generic Fish. We should have more fish (and other things) to be catchable, as well as possibly a baiting system and maybe nets or spears.

Being able to fish for special lavafish would also be a neat thing, though it'd require high-value materials to make a suitable rod or net.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5339
    September 2011
    5,387 Posts
    Being able to fish for special lavafish would also be a neat thing, though it'd require high-value materials to make a suitable rod or net.
    Why? All that really happens is the bobber catches fire. No other harm done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #5340
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,426 Posts
    Harpoons please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5341
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    That reminds me of an idea I had for a mob.
    If you fish in a swamp biome, there's a rare chance that you'll bring out the mob (I want to call it a Crocker so I don't have to call it a crocodile and make it look different, but whatever). The mob is hostile, and drops Heavy Leather with can be used to repair armor (Depending on the armor it will repair more or less of it, IE for diamond one heavy leather would repair 10% of it, while with leather it might be 30 or 40%), and Crocker Meat. Crocker Meat heals 3 hunger bars (So less than steak and pork), but has a unique ability; it will lure hostile mobs to it if it's an entity on the ground, so you could set up neat traps with it.

Now, an interesting thing about these Crockers is that you can breed them, but they won't mate if you're near them or of course they will try to chase you. So you have to throw down meat near them (one item for each crocker) and then they will start to mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

22. Post #5342
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    It shouldn't be too rare, it should be as rare as finding iron (whatever that is), maybe rarer. Also, some sort of swamp monster with a very rare spawn rate would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5343
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,794 Posts
    It shouldn't be too rare, it should be as rare as finding iron (whatever that is), maybe rarer. Also, some sort of swamp monster with a very rare spawn rate would be great.
    Yeah, it should be a rare mob in the world as well as occasionally coming up when fishing.

Kinda funny to think about though, imagine how freaked out you'd be when you're sitting there peacefully fishing and a fucking monster gets hurled at your face from 30 feet away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #5344
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Another random idea; say in Mushroom biomes there are purple mushrooms (something like doom shrooms or poison mushrooms), and every 10 seconds if you're less than 20 blocks away from it it has a chance to poison you (this poison lasts for a very long fucking time and it can kill you; but if you break it, it has a chance to drop the poison mushrooms, which can be used to brew harm potions, or used with fermented spider eye to brew health potions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #5345
    March 2010
    25 Posts
    Can someone get me a gift copy? The transaction through moneybooker or whatever isn't working for me. I'll buy something equivalent in cost through Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #5346
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,426 Posts
    Another random idea; say in Mushroom biomes there are purple mushrooms (something like doom shrooms or poison mushrooms), and every 10 seconds if you're less than 20 blocks away from it it has a chance to poison you (this poison lasts for a very long fucking time and it can kill you; but if you break it, it has a chance to drop the poison mushrooms, which can be used to brew harm potions, or used with fermented spider eye to brew health potions.
    That sounds like a terrible idea. Mushroom Islands are a place of peace, a place free of creepers. A place players can go and truly know they are safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #5347
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,804 Posts
    Yeah, it should be a rare mob in the world as well as occasionally coming up when fishing.

Kinda funny to think about though, imagine how freaked out you'd be when you're sitting there peacefully fishing and a fucking monster gets hurled at your face from 30 feet away
    Mreow

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #5348
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,181 Posts
    I still wish fishing were fleshed out more; right now it's just throw the bob in and wait to get a generic Fish. We should have more fish (and other things) to be catchable, as well as possibly a baiting system and maybe nets or spears.

I'd love placeable bow nets, like those in Stranded 2.

Basically, you just place it in the water, after a while, a fish will get "caught", so basically it appears inside of it, since it'd be a container. You'd have to make the time balanced though. It shouldn't be your source of infinite food whenever you want it, but it should be rewarding. That would also make a sort of fish farm possible. Also, one fish net should probably only carry one fish, since otherwise you could just camp and wait 'till you get hundreds of fishes, which would be pretty unbalanced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #5349
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    I'd love placeable bow nets, like those in Stranded 2.

Basically, you just place it in the water, after a while, a fish will get "caught", so basically it appears inside of it, since it'd be a container. You'd have to make the time balanced though. It shouldn't be your source of infinite food whenever you want it, but it should be rewarding. That would also make a sort of fish farm possible. Also, one fish net should probably only carry one fish, since otherwise you could just camp and wait 'till you get hundreds of fishes, which would be pretty unbalanced.
    I can do something similar. Basically the net would be an entity that can only be placed in water, and on random intervals between two integers, it would add a number to a variable. When right clicked, that number is used as the variable for the number of fish dropped from the net. So the net stays out in water for an hour. Within that hour, the entity updates its tick and generates a random number between, say 1 and 10. If that number is a 10, it adds 1 to the variable. Whenever you right click the net, it takes that variable number, spawns that number of EntityItems of fish and then resets the counter to 0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #5350
    January 2011
    1,216 Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a mod that also works with Mutliplayer where you can get the awesome, not boring, world generation from the Beta?
    I know that you can downgrade, but i also want the new items and stuff like NPC villages if it's possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #5351
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,820 Posts
    Just got a whitelist request for Ventlegille in my inbox. Lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5352
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,635 Posts
    Just got a whitelist request for Ventlegille in my inbox. Lol
    How long has that been down again? Isn't it about a year now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #5353
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    Oh boy just got accepted on Vareide's server!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

34. Post #5354
    Using MCnostalgia, I'm currently playing indev

Shit this game is so weak now, I went to the toilet IRL and left minecraft running, came back and my hut was surrounded with 15 mobs, and as I walked outside after killing them a spider leaped off a cliff and attacked me

Oh man, this way more fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #5355
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    Using MCnostalgia, I'm currently playing indev

Shit this game is so weak now, I went to the toilet IRL and left minecraft running, came back and my hut was surrounded with 15 mobs, and as I walked outside after killing them a spider leaped off a cliff and attacked me

Oh man, this way more fun
    Although Minecraft indev and infdev will always have a place in my heart, I find the recent versions, especially the snapshots, much more enjoyable. Mobs are smarter and prove more of a threat, animals don't despawn so you can have farms, enchanting, and so on. Although some of these features aren't as developed as they could be, you can do much more in the current builds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #5356
    Although Minecraft indev and infdev will always have a place in my heart, I find the recent versions, especially the snapshots, much more enjoyable. Mobs are smarter and prove more of a threat, animals don't despawn so you can have farms, enchanting, and so on. Although some of these features aren't as developed as they could be, you can do much more in the current builds.
    I feel as if you can do more, but I don't want that, minecraft used to be imagination fueled for me, I'd make a castle and be the ruler of the my island, and build a wall to keep the invading forces of skeleton archers, spiders and creepers out, mines were genuinely scary to enter due to the un nerfed creepers

In the recent minecraft versions I've found it's more "walk here do this walk there make that, live in a mud hut, and the whole biomes thing makes me kinda sad as the old terrain generation used to be awe inspiring, now it's just meh forest, meh plain, meh annoying snow

but each to his own, I'm happy that you find the recent builds more interesting, wish I did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #5357
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    I feel as if you can do more, but I don't want that, minecraft used to be imagination fueled for me, I'd make a castle and be the ruler of the my island, and build a wall to keep the invading forces of skeleton archers, spiders and creepers out, mines were genuinely scary to enter due to the un nerfed creepers

In the recent minecraft versions I've found it's more "walk here do this walk there make that, live in a mud hut, and the whole biomes thing makes me kinda sad as the old terrain generation used to be awe inspiring, now it's just meh forest, meh plain, meh annoying snow

but each to his own, I'm happy that you find the recent builds more interesting, wish I did
    You can still make castle, be a ruler of an island, build a wall to keep out mobs and so on. The original Minecraft was still "walk here, walk there." and if you play the snapshots, terrain is looking much more like it used to. I think it's just that old MC brings a kind of kid like enthusiasm. Like enjoying a really old crappy game just because of nostalgia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5358
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,426 Posts
    Creepers were nerfed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #5359
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,314 Posts
    I really wish difficulty increased mob spawns. There's no point making a castle with defenses at Hard difficulty if mobs aren't spawning near-constantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #5360
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,181 Posts
    Remember when we used to laugh at cows falling down cliffs in those Megathreads?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)