1. Post #361
    October 2010
    11,408 Posts
    Snapshot 12w06a is out.

- Many minor bug fixes and tweaks
    - Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double doors in existing maps will need to be updated
    - Villagers will move indoors during night and rain, and socialize with each other
    - Zombies will break down wooden doors on hard difficulty
    - Added cat sounds
    - Better movement for mobs in water
    - Added rare mob item drops
    how do i bullets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,795 Posts
    Holy shit that is massive.
    I thought of something similar in the meantime, it's basically like that only it takes a space of 2x2 chunks from bedrock to ground level.

It's going to be used to decode alphabetical signals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #363
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    A guy told me that you would be able to dupe lava like water in the upcoming version. Is this true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

4. Post #364
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,395 Posts
    Whoawhoawhoawhoa. Rare mob item drops? How does that work and what is dropped?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,764 Posts
    Whoawhoawhoawhoa. Rare mob item drops? How does that work and what is dropped?
    It sounds like it is just existing items like weapons and armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    I'm guessing music discs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,795 Posts
    It's iron weapons and armor
    Also there's a rumor that zombie pigmen might drop a gold bar every once in a while instead of just nuggets

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,995 Posts
    Whoah I know I'm late and all but what the fuck happened to Simski last page

Either he had a mental breakdown from being somewhat chill all the time or he is secretly a master troll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,092 Posts
    altgr + numpad 7

• see
    • bullets

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,753 Posts
    Zombies go after villagers now and said villagers run away from zombies.

However they haven't figured out how to get on roofs yet.

Zombies actually bash the door now, no animation though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #371
    July 2009
    5,420 Posts
    Simski is killing himself right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    If that was the case, then it would actually have been delayed indefinitely.
    Fixed that for you. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    A guy told me that you would be able to dupe lava like water in the upcoming version. Is this true?
    Sorry about that.I said that you could in the current version(I read about it back around the time the release candidates were released,maybe it was removed.

Sorry again for the disappointment.

Edited:

Zombies go after villagers now and said villagers run away from zombies.

However they haven't figured out how to get on roofs yet.

Zombies actually bash the door now, no animation though.
    And then suddenly testificate extinction

Edited:

According to the wiki,Skeletons drop bows(as the "rare mob drop" thing),Zombies from iron ingots,armor and tools and Zombie Pigmen drop gold ingots,helmets and swords.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,753 Posts
    Lava makes sound now too, or was that in already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,764 Posts
    Do zombies actually break the doors or do they just open them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #376
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,347 Posts
    Lava makes sound now too, or was that in already?
    When it destroys blocks/collides with water, then yeah, it always has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,753 Posts
    Apparently they break them on hard difficulty level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #378
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,347 Posts
    They bash them down. They attempt on all doors, only break wooden ones on hard (they break iron ones right now - that's a bug Jeb said)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,753 Posts
    When it destroys blocks/collides with water, then yeah, it always has.
    No, a passive sound when you're just near it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #380
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,347 Posts
    No, a passive sound when you're just near it.
    That's new. Finally, ambient sounds!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    The door drops as if the player had broken it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    I have a 1 inch cock erect but girls cum all over me
    April 2009
    725 Posts
    What about height changing? Is that implemented or is that for later?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Korea, Republic of Show Events

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,764 Posts
    The door drops as if the player had broken it.
    Well that is just annoying, I don't mind them getting in my house, but I don't want to have to keep fixing my doors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    The door-bashing would've been better if it was like Blood Moon Zombie doorbashing from Terraria:they only open the door,not break it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Well that is just annoying, I don't mind them getting in my house, but I don't want to have to keep fixing my doors.
    Barricade your doors or find an iron door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Barricade your doors or find an iron door.
    He finds it annoying to re-place the doors everytime. Not the whole door-beating.

Imo, it was a really good idea to make it a difficulty only option, so we can choose whether we want it or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,398 Posts
    They seriously need to get some animations in for the mobs that need it, it's getting silly. Shouldn't be too hard to animate one or two limbs.

Also, according to Jon's twitter, the door-breaking has a lot of bugs as he discovered. Such as them somehow being able to break iron doors, or them able to bust down wooden doors even in medium difficulty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #388
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    When there are multiple villagers near a door and a zombie near they all try to open/close the door, and I imagine them yelling "FUCK FUCK OPEN THE DOOR FUCK FUCK FUCK"
    The door bashing sound is really cool, I love watching a village get destroyed by a zombie invasion. They should add militia villagers though that light up the area with torches and fight the zombies back, and when they're hurt they go to the bakers to get bread to eat to heal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,990 Posts
    On a different non-simski ntoe, What if there was a faction server with two set up factions and a plugin to make local-only speach (Only being able to talk to people near you specifically), and the two factions where about 300 or so blocks away from eachother in decently sized forts. They could send messages to eachother via sand/gravel cannon, and how they could talk would be like this:
    Generally, gravel is a negative response and sand is a positive response. If no response has been sent yet/ in a while, you could start one by sending either gravel or sand. You send gravel to declare war, or sand or to request trading. If you declare war by firing gravel, and the person fires gravel back (or nothing at all), they will also engage. If you fire sand, you will surrender a requested amount of materials (If it's unfair you can call off the surrender). If you fire sand someone will come over and trade as needed.
    so firing tnt would mean nuclear war?

Edited:

I thought they were going to remove water duping in hard mode?

Edited:

what would be cool is that you can still get farm animals to breed with wheat but only during breeding season (every few days or something) but if you use a fertility potion on them (made from ghast "tears" or something) they will go crazy breeding and produce a higher than normal amount of children
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,824 Posts
    I wasn't sure how how I felt about Zombies being able to smash down doors, but now I've seen it and though about it, i'm pretty excited about it.

It gives more incentive to build homes and villages in more creative ways. Building them on stilts or islands and such.

31. Post #391
    July 2008
    236 Posts
    Hey guys, can you help me out with a redstone question, I was going to ask in a redstone thread but I don't think there is one :/

I have 4 different incoming signals. There's 16 different combinations that the signals (on/off) can form. I need the most efficient way to split the 4 signal input into 16 different redstone wires, where a seperate one would light up depending on which combination of the original 4 signals are on. Hope that was clear enough to understand...
    There was a redstone thread, it just isn't active anymore.
    In it, I actually made a post explaining how to build a 4 bit decoder. Linkie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #392
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts

I went to my XP grinder to see how well this works (It has a skeleton and a zombie dungeon close together linked), and I wanted to see how much loot I could get.
    I didn't actually need any of this, but damn that's some loot. (This is after about 30 minutes of saving up, and I didn't even collect all the loot)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,447 Posts

I went to my XP grinder to see how well this works (It has a skeleton and a zombie dungeon close together linked), and I wanted to see how much loot I could get.
    I didn't actually need any of this, but damn that's some loot. (This is after about 30 minutes of saving up, and I didn't even collect all the loot)
    Looks like there might be a use for Zombie grinders after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA
    May 2011
    1,468 Posts
    - Doors have been changed to properly detect if they are open or closed. Double doors in existing maps will need to be updated
    YES

WORKING DOUBLE DOORS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    I still think there should be separate options for stuff like mob health, good AI, etc.
    Then there'd be no reason at all for people to whine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #396

February 2010
    2,502 Posts
    can anyone tell me if industrialcraft and buildcraft are compatible? i installed buildcraft and started a sp creative world to test but i cant find items like the quarry and auto crafting table in the item list

37. Post #397
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    can anyone tell me if industrialcraft and buildcraft are compatible? i installed buildcraft and started a sp creative world to test but i cant find items like the quarry and auto crafting table in the item list
    most of buildcraft's stuff doesn't show up in the creative inventory, get TMI/NEI to see them all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

38. Post #398
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    I'm loving it on creative when you spawn a large amount of villagers with the NPC eggs and then one Zombie and they go all mental and start running around like crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    Easy: Mobs are relatively dumb with only basic AI
    Normal: Mobs have somewhat more advanced AI, but still can't do things like break down doors or navigate long staircases. They will occasionally work in groups
    Hard: Mobs can figure themselves around and can work in groups to kill the player, or do things like break down doors.
    Shit, some of the bows are enchanted.

The loot table seems to be (Guess)
    Skeletons: Iron Helmets and Bows (Occasionally enchanted)
    Zombies: Iron Swords, Iron Shovels, and Iron Ingots
    It could be different where zombies drop all the iron stuff and skeletons drop bows, idunno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    I'd also imagine difficulty could change what passive mobs drop. Like on a really hard survival game there would be less chances of finding the appropriate food from a Chicken, Cow or Pig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events