1. Post #4481
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    I'm going to say this here since the mod megathread isn't really what I need. Working on a mod and for some reason my custom bow(s) fire 2 arrows instead of one. The second arrow is merely a ghost, it doesn't do damage, and stays in the ground whereas I am able to pick up the other one. It also bounces off creatures while the second one does damage and disappears. The second arrow is my own custom class I created so that bows could have different damage values based on the ore their made out of, rather than create an Item for every bow, I just treated it like ItemSword. I also created by own ArrowRender (don't ask me why). I just want to knock the issue out so I can get it out of the way. Not gamebreaking, but I have no idea why it's happening. My best bet is Forge has it's own hook that I'm calling and it's firing two arrows, Forge's empty one, and my arrow.
    Sounds like you're creating the arrow on the server as well as the client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

2. Post #4482
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

r/minecraft has its good moments
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #4483
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,873 Posts

r/minecraft has its good moments
    How the... You using the biome mod or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4484
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    That's not him..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #4485
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    Today I've been on a quest to find the best seed I can.
    I've tried a ton, posted everywhere, but most people are like "OMG INTERSECTING RAVINES" or "OMG STRONGHOLD" "OMG DOUBLE DUNGEON"

I don't care about any of that stuff, what is important to me are the general properties of the world, how it is laid out etc.

The seed I like best so far is
    d74g0n

I recommend it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #4486
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,548 Posts
    How the... You using the biome mod or something?
    That's just WorldPainter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4487
    I'd like to see an option for BALLS UP THE WALLS CRAZY world generation, not just flat, and meh

I still have my very first alpha world and it looks a million times better then whatever I can generate now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #4488
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,396 Posts
    New block in the snapshot tomorrow (that was suggested 7 months back on reddit jeb says). Wonder what it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #4489
    moo
    November 2006
    4,818 Posts
    New block in the snapshot tomorrow (that was suggested 7 months back on reddit jeb says). Wonder what it is.
    My guess is the spiky block. Acts like a cactus, damages things that touch it, but it doesn't need to be placed on sand, and it can be moved with pistons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

10. Post #4490
    July 2007
    69 Posts
    Probably that ruby ore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

11. Post #4491
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    My guess is the spiky block. Acts like a cactus, damages things that touch it, but it doesn't need to be placed on sand, and it can be moved with pistons.
    I really hope so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #4492
    January 2010
    9,675 Posts
    It'd be amazing if he would go and add that. It could be so useful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #4493
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Aww, I'll pretty much miss this snapshot since my PC broke down and won't get back from repair for another week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

14. Post #4494
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I'm having a lot of fun with Voxel Sniper on my server. I spent all day yesterday learning how to use it. Tonight after work I think I'm going to go nuts and fine a far off place and transform it into a gigantic mountain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #4495
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Aww, I'll pretty much miss this snapshot since my PC broke down and won't get back from repair for another week
    nooooooooooooooooooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #4496
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,455 Posts
    I know that some people prefer the old world generation, but I still think that the new one is just as good at times.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

17. Post #4497
    September 2011
    5,337 Posts
    Only if the biomes were more varied and flatter at times. It's hard to find any place flat as Flatland in the 1.8+ terrain, yet they're piss common in 1.7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4498
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,830 Posts
    Really? 'Cause I constantly get flat plains that stretch for chunks and chunks every time I want an interesting mountain range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4499
    I've noticed more flat terrain on the older versions than the current version. I've got the 360 and PC versions, making comparisons easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #4500
    May 2011
    1,009 Posts
    I really hope so.
    Vechs maps will be so much more terrifying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #4501
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,755 Posts
    Is there any world rendering tool around that's good and isn't MCExplorer? I tried using MCExplorer and it was just too slow and annoying to use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #4502
    October 2011
    2,338 Posts
    Started working on my pixel art texture pack again

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 30Artistic Artistic x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #4503
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,172 Posts

that looks amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

24. Post #4504
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,857 Posts

That looks great! When do you think we can get our hands on it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #4505
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,816 Posts

I normally dislike pixel art packs, this would be the exception, fantastic work!

Edited:

I know that some people prefer the old world generation, but I still think that the new one is just as good at times.

I much prefer the new one. The worlds make more logical sense and are generally better looking. The old generator had a bunch of glitchy floating misshapen bits all mashed together. The new one is much nicer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #4506
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,306 Posts
    I wish there were more floating blocks around extreme mountains. Make it feel more Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4507
    i enjoy sucking pony dick
    November 2006
    1,545 Posts
    The extra block could be the light sensor. Outputs redstone that travels for a distance determined by the amount of light hitting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

28. Post #4508
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,984 Posts
    This video popped up on Mojang's Channel, no idea what's it about. Rather not watch it because of MinecraftChick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4509
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Minecraft already runs shitty for me but when I try to add any significant amount of mods it completely flips the fuck out and is nearly unplayable.

I hate this computer so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4510
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts

There's definitely cool structures in the new gen, but I just find the worlds all feel the same. When I start a 1.8+ world, I find it very hard to find a location where I think "this is where I will build"
    In the 1.7.3 worlds, there were areas which felt like they had character.
    To me it just seems that mojang saw how everyone loved glacier and gargamel etc. and came up with extreme hills, which are nowhere near the same.

Also in 1.8+ there are a million rain forests and extreme hills, and the grass in extreme hills is a hideous blue colour. Not to mention swamps, the most hideous thing added to the game since its creation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4511
    MechaFag
    December 2006
    8,185 Posts
    New Snapshot
    http://www.mojang.com/2012/05/minecr...pshot-week-21/
    Villagers will trade items (they are cheap bastards, though!)
    Added a “currency item”
    A few minor terrain changes
    A new useful block/item (requires obsidian)
    Added a /seed command for showing the map seed
    Added sandstone stairs
    A lot of smaller changes and fixes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

32. Post #4512
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,101 Posts
    New snapshot's out:

Villagers will trade items (they are cheap bastards, though!)
    Added a “currency item”
    A few minor terrain changes
    A new useful block/item (requires obsidian)
    Added a /seed command for showing the map seed
    Added sandstone stairs
    A lot of smaller changes and fixes
    (the secret item is ender chests btw)

http://www.mojang.com/2012/05/minecr...pshot-week-21/

Edited:

aw darn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #4513
    Could someone try and gather reference images of the 360 multiplayer skins? I'd like to re-create them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #4514
    October 2009
    838 Posts
    Right, well. There's a second type of diamond (for currency?) and the new block seems to be an "Ender Chest". I have absolutely no idea what these things are for.

Also, the reddy-jewl things are emeralds and there are desert villages fyi.

By "Reddy Jewl things" I mean the ores. The wierd red sweet thing seems to have been replaced by the second diamond.

35. Post #4515
    November 2010
    4,455 Posts
    Right, well. There's a second type of diamond (for currency?) and the new block seems to be an "Ender Chest". I have absolutely no idea what these things are for.

Also, the reddy-jewl things are emeralds and there are desert villages fyi.

By "Reddy Jewl things" I mean the ores. The wierd red sweet thing seems to have been replaced by the second diamond.
    Wait, an Ender Chest? I remember this suggestion, I think it was a chest which would have the same storage across other Ender Chests. If so, this sounds incredibly useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4516
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Like the mod? Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #4517
    October 2009
    838 Posts
    Wait, an Ender Chest? I remember this suggestion, I think it was a chest which would have the same storage across other Ender Chests. If so, this sounds incredibly useful.
    Yea, it's basically an extra inventory - whatever you place in an ender chest belonging to you is accessable from every other ender chest you place/have placed. Quantum uncertainty in Minecraft?

Also, according to a villager I just traded with, four regular diamonds = one diamond of their currency. Plus from what little I've seen, each villager can only trade one thing (though there are arrows indicating more things to trade for - maybe not implemented?)

38. Post #4518
    November 2010
    4,455 Posts
    Yea, it's basically an extra inventory - whatever you place in an ender chest belonging to you is accessable from every other ender chest you place/have placed. Quantum uncertainty in Minecraft?
    Could you get a screenshot of it in game, specifically the top of the chest, I want to see if it has a colour code on the top, and I can't get into my snapshot.

39. Post #4519
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Also the pic on the download page shows a desert village

Can anyone confirm if this is in the snapshot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #4520
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,568 Posts
    The ender chests are also resistant to explosives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)