1. Post #4881
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,100 Posts
    yeah they really do need to lower the amount XP you get from mining. 30 minutes in at level 45
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4882
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,578 Posts
    Well, the Enderdragon has nearly no use in the game (other than bragging rights and some experience), the End is totally unfitting with the rest of the game, and it's just plain.. a pain in the ass. It's fucking annoying to find and even worse to fight through. It's nearly impossible. Why shouldn't it be removed?
    Because it is something to do and work to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4883
    December 2009
    1,514 Posts
    What's good server software for SMP? I use normal default server software and it allows players to OP themselves and type /give and /tp an shit and I want to make it so I am the only OP and can give other players OP. Maybe one where you can set full ranks and other cool commands.

4. Post #4884
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,085 Posts
    What's good server software for SMP? I use normal default server software and it allows players to OP themselves and type /give and /tp an shit and I want to make it so I am the only OP and can give other players OP. Maybe one where you can set full ranks and other cool commands.
    bukkit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4885
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,719 Posts
    Decided to try the new snapshot today, what with all the stuff about secret jungle temples and priests that can enchant your sword. Started a new survival world, turned on cheats, Large Biomes, bonus chest, put "diggernicks" as the seed and was ready to go.

First thing I noticed when I started the game was that I couldn't open the bonus chest. Right clicking it would play the arm swing animation and do nothing. I tried breaking it instead, and it dropped nothing. Didn't even drop the empty chest. Same result when breaking the torches around it, they didn't drop. I shrugged and moved on.

Right by where I spawned was a desert village. As I approached and parts of it loaded I heard the door-shutting sounds presumably from villagers moving about their homes. I saw a priest and blacksmith right by each other, looking at one another as though engaged in conversation. Seemed to me like a good time to try the new trading thing, so I tried talking to the blacksmith. I right clicked, and...nothing. Same results with the priest.

It was at this point that I noticed that they had been standing there "talking" to one another for quite a long time, and that they hadn't moved at all during this period. Didn't even turn to face me like they normally would. I tried pushing the blacksmith away from the priest to see if that would get his attention. And, well...I passed right through him. What the hell. So I tried hitting him instead, and it was like I was swinging at the air. Nothing happened. No sound effect, no animation, just my arm swinging uselessly. Same result with the priest and with other nearby villagers.

On a wild guess, I figured maybe if I broke a block near the villagers it would "update" or something and everything would go back to normal, like when you see a bunch of floating sand and you hit one and it all falls. So I broke a sand block that a villager was standing on. The villager stayed floating in midair, and the sand block disappeared without dropping. I tried breaking a sand block that was underneath more sand blocks, and the blocks on top didn't fall to fill the empty gap and I still got no drops.

So now I'm baffled. It's like my entire game just got frozen in time as soon as I spawned. Neither passive nor hostile mobs were spawning and the time of day didn't seem to be changing. My hunger hadn't even drained at all this whole time, and walking into cacti or falling off things did not damage me. The clouds weren't even moving. Really spooky shit.

I remembered though that I had cheats turned on, so I pressed T to bring up the chatbox and typed "/gamemode creative". I expected a status message saying that Admin had changed the gamemode, but there was not chatbox output at all. The gamemode hadn't changed either as I did not have access to the creative menu or flying. I was sure I had cheats on, though. I exited to the main menu and went to the Select World screen, and my world was right there and said "Survival, Cheats Enabled". I loaded it up again, and everything was still the same as before. Everything frozen, nothing would drop, villagers had no collision, no access to commands.

I didn't know what to do anymore so I figured I would just wander. I walked through the village intending to explore the rest of the desert it was in so I might find a pyramid or something. But once I made it to what looked like the last house, chunks stopped loading, leaving the house cut in half and hanging off a sheer precipice into the blue and black void. I've seen stuff like that before and though it was a typical chunk error and the land would generate as I got close to it. But it didn't. I pressed F a few times (the snapshot seems to have a debug function where pressing F will reload all chunks) and everything around me would disappear and reload, but would stop at the same edge of the village leaving the same house cut in half. Exiting and reloading Minecraft produced this same result every time.

So finally, I walked towards the edge holding shift. Maybe if I touched the empty spot it would generate. Nope, I got stopped at the edge as though sneaking was preventing me from falling off of it. I could see the sheer edge of the smoothstone all the way down to the void, with pockets of cave dotting it. I held my breath, let go of shift, and fell. Past the monolithic flat stone wall, the gaping cave-holes, the leaking lava, past the bedrock and into the void. My screen turned completely black except for the item, health and hunger bar. And I didn't even die when I hit the void and went 64 blocks below coordinate 0. I just kept falling. Forever.

I'm fucking terrified, guys. I don't think I can play Minecraft anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #4886
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,597 Posts
    I don't like the chance factor of it. I think it should be an opposite form of the Nether portal. Or maybe by enchanting a special, massive tree that would take you there.
    Notch's original idea was that once you reach it through a bed, you can get to it any time you want.

7. Post #4887
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    Notch's original idea was that once you reach it through a bed, you can get to it any time you want.
    jeb really needs to work on the ocean and sea after he is done with this silly aether stuff

the ocean deserves some attention and it has so many potential coolstuffs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #4888
    January 2010
    5,274 Posts
    Personally, I'd like it if they left the End alone (unless they were making minor additions/improvements) and tacked on the Aether as another dimension of its own, because to me the End feels like something in space, like a weird asteroid or half-assed Xen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #4889
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,991 Posts
    lengthy post
    Needs more skeletons popping out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #4890
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,360 Posts
    Question: will top slabs and string share the same block?

if so super hidden tripwire go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #4891
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    Emeralds were a step in the right direction, but I hope they add more gems like rubies and amethysts or something. I'm worried they won't since emeralds were added as currency but the other gems wouldn't have a use or something. Maybe they could be worth more or less in the eyes of squidwards.

Gem blocks are really pretty so it'd be cool to have more from rubies etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4892
    FSU

May 2012
    121 Posts
    spooky post
    Upload your entire jar and the world file for kicks

Edited:

Emeralds were a step in the right direction, but I hope they add more gems like rubies and amethysts or something. I'm worried they won't since emeralds were added as currency but the other gems wouldn't have a use or something. Maybe they could be worth more or less in the eyes of squidwards.

Gem blocks are really pretty so it'd be cool to have more from rubies etc.
    We should just be able to trade all blocks. All blocks have different values, and stuff.

13. Post #4893
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,936 Posts
    jeb really needs to work on the ocean and sea after he is done with this silly aether stuff

the ocean deserves some attention and it has so many potential coolstuffs
    I'd like to see coral reefs and special ocean structures like wrecked ships (obviously with, you guessed it, gold)

Edited:

Upload your entire jar and the world file for kicks

Edited:

We should just be able to trade all blocks. All blocks have different values, and stuff.

So, I'll give you 35 mountains worth of sand for that diamond
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #4894
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,000 Posts
    I was dicking about in creative mode and spawned next to a village.
    One of the houses was almost completely buried.

the door, partially excavated

from the top, also partially excavated

There were 2 villagers inside.
    (the seed is Flood if anyone wants it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #4895
    Blue Member

September 2011
    3,993 Posts
    long post about glitches and villages
    Reinstall Java.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

16. Post #4896
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,295 Posts
    I think The End is okay, but there should be new boss battle realms. And something needs to be done about that dragon egg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4897
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,100 Posts
    I was dicking about in creative mode and spawned next to a village.
    One of the houses was almost completely buried.

the door, partially excavated

from the top, also partially excavated

There were 2 villagers inside.
    (the seed is Flood if anyone wants it)
    i got a seed with a village almost exactly like this one, except the seed was Donny Most

Edited:

"hey, you can't through that door!"
    "why not?"

"oh"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

18. Post #4898
    November 2007
    506 Posts
    Quick video of what we have so far, how shitty does it look?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #4899
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Quick video of what we have so far, how shitty does it look?

FOV hurts my eyes, but the ruins look nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

20. Post #4900
    Blue Member

September 2011
    3,993 Posts

Nobody posted about this yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #4901
    September 2010
    6,632 Posts
    Pretty fuckin cool actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #4902
    November 2007
    506 Posts
    FOV hurts my eyes, but the ruins look nice.
    But without that FOV I wouldn't be able to pretend I'm playing quake and minecraft at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4903
    September 2010
    6,632 Posts
    I find it difficult to build in minecraft. I have these great ideas, and I know how I want them to look, but placing down every wall and window block by block gets really tedious. Anyone know easier ways to terraform and such?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #4904
    FSU

May 2012
    121 Posts
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Useful Useful x 2 (list)

25. Post #4905
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    I'm fucking terrified, guys. I don't think I can play Minecraft anymore.
    this is your eternal punishment. you will walk the Earth alone and your wounds will fester even as you feel no pain and walk unflinching in the desert sun. your stomach will growl and collapse like a maimed animal, yet you will not stoop on your journey down this unending road. the darkness will claw at you, rip at your flesh and soul, yet the strange creatures of its cruel machinations will quake with your arrival and remain paralyzed with fear and anxiety, as if they have been faced with an enormous stone wall and tasked with wearing it to chalk. the world will know your name only through the sheer lack in your presence, an oil slick on the smooth lake, and they will know the slick through the water being broken.

you will walk this Earth alone, and you will know the only thing you are capable of knowing; you have no programming, and you must scream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #4906
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,519 Posts
    Well, the Enderdragon has nearly no use in the game (other than bragging rights and some experience), the End is totally unfitting with the rest of the game, and it's just plain.. a pain in the ass. It's fucking annoying to find and even worse to fight through. It's nearly impossible. Why shouldn't it be removed?
    Aye, the Enderdragon should be THE Boss, but instead one of many different bosses, each with part of an ancient soul of power (Enderdragon's fragment is the Ender Soul), encouraging you to seek out the other bosses in the other realms, claim their pieces of the Soul, and discover the truth behind the worlds.

This way, instead of having a simple conclusion, the game instead unlocks new content for defeating the boss, and the scrolling-text ending of pretentious nonsense is instead replaced by the universe telling you that you have a fragment of a powerful soul, and must seek out the other Holders in the other worlds. From that point, the End can be accessed by portals, and Red Dragons will spawn in the Overworld (starting world that we're all familiar with). Different worlds should have different kinds of encounters for the boss, such as searching for The Island at the top of the Abyss (the only bit of land in that endless ocean) and lighting the Water Sconces to summon the Kraken, or ascending to the Bedrock Labyrinth at the top of the Nether (after first unlocking the Gate with the Adamantite Flame) to cause the Mazekeeper to spawn somewhere in that dark maze.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #4907
    October 2009
    6,254 Posts
    Aye, the Enderdragon should be THE Boss, but instead one of many different bosses, each with part of an ancient soul of power (Enderdragon's fragment is the Ender Soul), encouraging you to seek out the other bosses in the other realms, claim their pieces of the Soul, and discover the truth behind the worlds.

This way, instead of having a simple conclusion, the game instead unlocks new content for defeating the boss, and the scrolling-text ending of pretentious nonsense is instead replaced by the universe telling you that you have a fragment of a powerful soul, and must seek out the other Holders in the other worlds. From that point, the End can be accessed by portals, and Red Dragons will spawn in the Overworld (starting world that we're all familiar with). Different worlds should have different kinds of encounters for the boss, such as searching for The Island at the top of the Abyss (the only bit of land in that endless ocean) and lighting the Water Sconces to summon the Kraken, or ascending to the Bedrock Labyrinth at the top of the Nether (after first unlocking the Gate with the Adamantite Flame) to cause the Mazekeeper to spawn somewhere in that dark maze.
    An interesting aspect would be to have each boss have a unique weapon or item drop (randomized per world from a list of items) and drop a piece of some item like a gem. You would need to get all of these gems to create some powerful item that accesses some bonus or new gameplay element like magic. Since magic would obviously be extended upon, this makes these bosses that must be defeated prior to gaining magical abilities designate between the first and second portion of the game. The second would probably involve the other dimensions more, while the first would probably involve unique bosses that live in the Overworld.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4908
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,969 Posts
    Minecraft really shouldn't have bosses, just unique and stronger-than-usual enemies in strange conditions. Which is pretty much a boss without the title 'boss' and 'boss fight'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4909
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,618 Posts
    I personally hope the Skylands be added, I love the idea of having it first be accessed on an off chance while sleeping on a bed, Minecraft needs more creative elements like that.
    It should be something like drink milk before you sleep and you will "dream" of the aether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4910
    October 2009
    6,254 Posts
    Minecraft really shouldn't have bosses, just unique and stronger-than-usual enemies in strange conditions. Which is pretty much a boss without the title 'boss' and 'boss fight'.
    How I see Minecraft going is this; more inspiration for exploration, with more gameplay elements that expand on that concept of exploration. We see that now from the villagers and larger selection of unique NPC villages. Why not extend that same originality to mobs as well? Minecraft is just yearning to have bosses, magic, and an extension on weapons, items and worlds. Why stick with boring creative building when we could have that and more? Having things like pigman tribes with raiding parties on Testificate villagers; Nether fortresses that have grand demon bosses that drop fragments of Soul Shards that can be combined to create unique spells and access new dimensions. New weapons and items and the inclusion of new, larger biomes, and unique mobs with more drops. Make things complex, make things interesting and require time to learn and do. I want a Minecraft that I can sit down and play for hours and still find new, fun, unique things. I want to be able to learn a spell that allows me to fire lightning at a pig, or to freeze a creeper in place, and then launch him away. I want to prevent ghasts and blazes from invading Testificate villages in a giant attack. I want to meet bandits near towns that I can kill or help. I just want Minecraft to be more than it is. To give us more freedom, more opportunities, and to remove the streamlined RPG that it is now. Make it full fledged, complicated, and fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4911
    September 2010
    6,632 Posts
    I'd like water physics. That's it. Don't need anything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4912
    June 2011
    1,121 Posts
    Like finite liquids?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #4913
    I feel like getting a new texture pack. I want something nice, but fitting to the original theme. Any reccomendations?
    Retoast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #4914
    March 2008
    3,198 Posts
    yeah they really do need to lower the amount XP you get from mining. 30 minutes in at level 45
    who cares

now you dont have to grind mobs to get xp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #4915
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,885 Posts
    Damn, looking at it now, Minecraft ain't even at 20% of its real potential.

Imagine if Minecraft advanced as fast as, for example, Overgrowth.

I'd also need a different scripting language though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

36. Post #4916
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    basically sums up technic/tekkit

so many wrenches
    IC2 bronze wrench,Buildcraft wrench,Forestry bronze wrench(not in technic anymore because Sengir was a butthole),Redpower screwdriver,Redpower handsaw,Redpower painter,Railcraft crowbar,IC2 painter(I think,what's that blue thing in the back?),bucket represents Bukkit intergration

That's all of them

Edited:

I would rather have the Enderdragon be THE boss but you need the souls of the other Lords/Dragons(something like the God of the False Flames or the Wind Dragon)to fight it,having the bosses drop mysterious randomized unique loot(virtually noone will get the same pickaxe,like "Holy shit guys I got a Pickaxe of Endless Night from the ruin dimension boss,I think it acts kinda like a fortune diamond pick but it does some magical life drain thing too" "Oh screw you all I got from him was a Helmet of Starless Death that seems to make skeletons miss me like Stormtroopers") and their souls,with the bosses respawning after a while(but in a random location in the dimension)so players can potentially fight them multiple times for loot on servers.

Despite adding to the idea I actually don't really like the souls for enderdragon concept but it would be interesting for a mod.What I would like to see is special ores that are procedurally generated(names,stats and appearances are picked from a pool,with different tool head and handle sprites being chosen)and can only be found in certain groups of chunks,it would make faction servers interesting("Dude what the hell is that orange armor they have jesus does it make them invincible or something"),although there would have to be a rather large amount of it(in far apart but big veins)in areas to make the "This is our Asturite mine and it makes us the best faction yeaaaa" sort of thing possible(a steady supply of it but eventually runs out).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events

37. Post #4917
    Any more progress on this?

Alright.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #4918
    January 2009
    3,911 Posts
    IC2 bronze wrench,Buildcraft wrench,Forestry bronze wrench(not in technic anymore because Sengir was a butthole),Redpower screwdriver,Redpower handsaw,Redpower painter,Railcraft crowbar,IC2 painter(I think,what's that blue thing in the back?),bucket represents Bukkit intergration

That's all of them

Edited:

I would rather have the Enderdragon be THE boss but you need the souls of the other Lords/Dragons(something like the God of the False Flames or the Wind Dragon)to fight it,having the bosses drop mysterious randomized unique loot(virtually noone will get the same pickaxe,like "Holy shit guys I got a Pickaxe of Endless Night from the ruin dimension boss,I think it acts kinda like a fortune diamond pick but it does some magical life drain thing too" "Oh screw you all I got from him was a Helmet of Starless Death that seems to make skeletons miss me like Stormtroopers") and their souls,with the bosses respawning after a while(but in a random location in the dimension)so players can potentially fight them multiple times for loot on servers.

Despite adding to the idea I actually don't really like the souls for enderdragon concept but it would be interesting for a mod.What I would like to see is special ores that are procedurally generated(names,stats and appearances are picked from a pool,with different tool head and handle sprites being chosen)and can only be found in certain groups of chunks,it would make faction servers interesting("Dude what the hell is that orange armor they have jesus does it make them invincible or something"),although there would have to be a rather large amount of it(in far apart but big veins)in areas to make the "This is our Asturite mine and it makes us the best faction yeaaaa" sort of thing possible(a steady supply of it but eventually runs out).
    The problem with large veins is that the way minecraft mining works it means people will just mine it all at once.
    There's this one mod I remember seeing, when mined ore blocks would drop ore items and turn into depleted blocks, which would randomly regain the ore after some time.
    Yeah, it's not how geology actually works but it simulates the 'long term mining' aspect.

39. Post #4919
    January 2010
    5,274 Posts
    We need fucking vertical half blocks already. As much as I love every new feature, especially ones like Sandstone Stairs that make perfect sense and the Emerald Blocks which look fantastic, I can't help but feel disappointed when vertical slabs never show up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #4920
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,017 Posts
    Retoast.
    Craftee Pack is basically updated vanilla from what I've seen, try that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events