1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,437 Posts
    We need a tutorial to be safe from zombies.
    Step 1: Door.

Step 2: Barricade.

Step 3: Go to bed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,151 Posts
    Dear god, the latest version of the Technic Pack has randomly generating pirate ships. They're full of loot and on top of the island there appears to be an X. Digging down!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,547 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,980 Posts
    I was perfectly fine with how Minecraft was before, and I absolutely loathed the feeling of never being safe on Project Zomboid because zombies will always be able to get in your house. I don't really like hardcore much at all, but I was getting used to the whole hunger system and surviving the hard to kill mobs. I lost fucking everything I had worked my ass off in the old map, creepers keep destroying fucking everything I make, and now fucking zombies will be able to just prance into my front door. No. Fuck that. I don't want to play this game anymore.
    why dont you just kill yourself??? at any time a terrorist might burst into ur house and explode!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,698 Posts
    Sorry to barge in on the redstone conversation, but I've found a fun habit for naming things in multiplayer. I alone sailed across an ocean biome and landed to form a colony, away from the server's main town.

I decided to call it "Pebble Landing". Instead of putting a sign that says "Pebble Landing" on it, I wrote a short poem on several signs.

"This virgin land extends its bountiful hand, for us champions of foreign seas. Our crops need tilling and our ships need manning, but we welcome you to Pebble Landing."

Better than nothing right?

Right next to the main mine I plan on putting a sign or two that reads,

"Down in the perilous depths below, a thousand rivers of magma flow."

Better than "Public Mine" I think.

So yeah guys, poetry on signs. It's fun.
    I remember during the glory days of Open Trail, I built a cosy treehouse in a dense forest and named it 'The Enderwoods' because of all the missing tree trunks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,980 Posts
    step 1

step 2

Edited:

We need a tutorial to be safe from zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    I don't have a ton of diamonds to waste on a zombie proof door.

Edited:

Got a cheaper alternative?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #488
    May 2010
    3,925 Posts

Edited:

a sword
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,980 Posts

Edited:

diamonds are the only thing strong enough unfortunately to stop a fully grown zombie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts

Edited:

dirt block in front of door
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,980 Posts
    dirt block in front of door
    nah mate that'll barely stop a baby zombie let alone a fully grown one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,563 Posts
    Goddamn obsidian mining is slow as fuck, any enchantments out there that make it not so slow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,601 Posts
    Goddamn obsidian mining is slow as fuck, any enchantments out there that make it not so slow?
    Efficiency.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    I try to cast obsidian whenever I can, mining it is so fucking tedious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #495
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    It's still faster mining the obsidian than before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    May 2010
    3,925 Posts
    Efficiency 4 on obsidian is something like 5 seconds per obsidian, so it's reasonably fast, I have like 5 stacks of it in a chest somewhere because I like using it from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    January 2010
    5,238 Posts
    It just occurred to me what might happen if you put a dirt block in front of the door to stop zombies. What if an Enderman takes the block and the zombie breaks in? What if they're in cahoots?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,167 Posts
    It just occurred to me what might happen if you put a dirt block in front of the door to stop zombies. What if an Enderman takes the block and the zombie breaks in? What if they're in cahoots?
    Endermen don't take blocks anymore (right?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #499
    July 2009
    5,420 Posts
    Endermen don't take blocks anymore (right?)
    They do, just not player placed blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

20. Post #500
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts
    Well that's a relief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,167 Posts
    I need help here
    I'm having this problem with dokucraft where water states that I am a noob and need the patcher, but I have optifine, and this does not show on any other packs
    help :(

Never mind, multicore edition of optifine is incompatible with one of my mods, changed to smooth version and it works perfectly now C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,601 Posts
    I need help here
    I'm having this problem with dokucraft where water states that I am a noob and need the patcher, but I have optifine, and this does not show on any other packs
    help :(

Dokucraft is optimised for mcpatcher, where optifine just makes you able to use higher packs. Optifine doesn't use the scrolling water textures that packs use for mcpatcher. You would have to replace the actual water texture in the terrain.png.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    June 2011
    916 Posts
    I personally love that zombies can break down doors. It brings back a bit of that survival feeling that I've missed back from Alpha and early Beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #504
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Changing the subject a little, Minecraft Pocket Garbage is actually starting to sound pretty decent, there's going to be mobs, crafting, more block types and all. And just a few hours ago (few = 4) the head developer for the PE edition said that they're releasing the new update tonight!

So, as I started to get more interested in the game, I went ahead and decided to check out it's subforums. Apparently, there's texture packs for the PE, custom adventure maps, survival maps and a whole load of other stuff. If it gets anywhere near the level of 1.7.3 content-wise, I think it might just be worth buying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,980 Posts
    Well that's a relief.
    but
    then
    whats the point of endermen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #506
    May 2010
    3,925 Posts
    They pick up anything besides processed blocks like cobble, planks, etc. They will pick up dirt no matter who placed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    January 2010
    5,238 Posts

Now, the question remains, how much space was used to make that?

Am I close?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,596 Posts
    hoowee that snapshot server was fun

then madmin spore lured all the creeepers to my house.

sporeGA worst admin 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,369 Posts
    What if they're in cahoots?
    I dunno if they could do that all the way from Canada...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #510
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    hoowee that snapshot server was fun

then madmin spore lured all the creeepers to my house.

sporeGA worst admin 2012.
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #511
    July 2011
    229 Posts
    What are some good mods?

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts

Am I close?
    Pretty much that + a bunch of repeaters for dramatic timing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #513
    May 2010
    3,925 Posts
    The effect is that it happens from the furthest out inward.

34. Post #514
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,131 Posts
    Just linked my mom to this

she got a kick out of it; this is probably the best "megabuild" based off something from an actual movie or real life that I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,437 Posts
    They can't move cobblestone, stone, wood planks, etc.. They CAN move dirt, sand, gravel, and I believe logs as well as clay, cactus, and flowers/misc. plants.

Edited:

What are some good mods?
    Optifine and RedPower are the ones I'd recommend. Even if you don't care about redstone all that much, RedPower also allows you to cut up blocks into smaller pieces so you can make all kinds of nifty things, and includes more decorative blocks like marble and basalt as well as emerald, ruby, and sapphire blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    September 2011
    5,308 Posts
    Anyone know how to install Djoslin's mods correctly? Not a single one's showing up, no matter what order it's installed or the method installed by. No, there aren't any incompatibilities.

37. Post #517
    June 2008
    1,522 Posts
    Dokucraft is optimised for mcpatcher, where optifine just makes you able to use higher packs. Optifine doesn't use the scrolling water textures that packs use for mcpatcher. You would have to replace the actual water texture in the terrain.png.
    Optifine is identical to MCPatcher's HD textures, except Optifine gives you options to adjust it. Like turning off those scrolling textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts
    Snip.

39. Post #519
    May 2010
    3,925 Posts
    It seems the villagers aren't as smart as I thought. I did something similar to what people did with the clay soldiers mod, and the villagers will open doors if it lets in a zombie.

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,601 Posts
    Optifine is identical to MCPatcher's HD textures, except Optifine gives you options to adjust it. Like turning off those scrolling textures.
    They must have changed it since the last time I've used it, then.