1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,821 Posts
    So, I just died in my hardcore world... it was painful.
    Sympathies to you. I lost an awesome map as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,047 Posts
    Sympathies to you. I lost an awesome map as well.
    I don't know why, but you made me think of this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36 (list)

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    So I made a world with the seed 'intrigue' pretty much right when the seed feature came out, now that I've picked the game back up I've been dicking about in the nether but haven't been able to find a fortress. I've tried deleting the nether data to see if it'd generate me a new one but no luck. If I just wander around long enough will I find a fortress or am I shit out of luck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #724
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    So I made a world with the seed 'intrigue' pretty much right when the seed feature came out, now that I've picked the game back up I've been dicking about in the nether but haven't been able to find a fortress. I've tried deleting the nether data to see if it'd generate me a new one but no luck. If I just wander around long enough will I find a fortress or am I shit out of luck?
    I think you can find one.

Jeb did add a feature where world generation changes won't occur in old worlds, but I don't know if it works with that.

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    He added a feature that stops future structures from spawning in old worlds? Dick move

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,624 Posts
    Rude.

Sure Notch is lazy and all, but he will always have a special place ~in my heart~.
    Yeah, clogging your arteries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    He added a feature that stops future structures from spawning in old worlds? Dick move
    Well, I don't know if it affects updates that old. Plus it's not a dick move, it's to prevent things from breaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #728
    November 2009
    9,291 Posts
    Yeah. Structures are generated after terrain, so you could come back to find a stronghold slicing clean through your house, IIRC. There are reasons for these things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,047 Posts
    Too many Wheatleys in here. I feel like I'm going to see a space core any moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    So I'm going to have to use invedit to get blaze rods?

11. Post #731
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    How it works is that it's simply a data value in the minecraft save, and that data value is the generate structures on/off, and by default it's 0. You can change it via nbtedit.

12. Post #732
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    So I'm building an underwater base.

But I built one pre-beta and I don't want to do that much work again.

If I copy and past the schematic from my flat creative world will it replace the water around it with air? Or will the air blocks inside it be replaced by the water blocks I place it in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #733
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    They won't fill with water, but unless your building is a square the rest of the cuboid will be air.

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    Had an idea for a concept of how you may be able to make End portal travel easier.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

15. Post #735
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    Had an idea for a concept of how you may be able to make End portal travel easier.

Wait, what
    What is this
    so
    you walk into the portal
    and you walk out
    WHAT DOES THIS CHANGE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    Wait, what
    What is this
    so
    you walk into the portal
    and you walk out
    WHAT DOES THIS CHANGE
    Say you wanted constant travel to the end for some reason. Maybe a base or ender farming.
    This is an easy way to automate the process instead of making a large path all the way to the stronghold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    Say you wanted constant travel to the end for some reason. Maybe a base or ender farming.
    This is an easy way to automate the process instead of making a large path all the way to the stronghold.
    you mean

a rail-and-cart-based form of transportation

no, that would never work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

18. Post #738
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    That really isn't a concept, as much as it is a rail taking you to the end portal. There's nothing unique or different about it, it's just a railway going to a certain location.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    That's fine if you don't understand it.

20. Post #740
    May 2010
    3,927 Posts
    No, I understand it, it's just that it isn't a new concept. Other than that it could of at least had a system that picked up the cart after you jumped off of it and plopped it back down on the track to be used again instead of burned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,826 Posts
    With the new world format and development on mcedit ceased things are going to be really shitty for a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    No, I understand it, it's just that it isn't a new concept. Other than that it could of at least had a system that picked up the cart after you jumped off of it and plopped it back down on the track to be used again instead of burned.
    The actual track that was there was just for testing. That's not what the track would actually look like if you were to put this in your world.
    The point is that you can choose to enter the end simply by jumping out of the cart in mid air.

And you say it isn't new. I've never seen or heard anything about something like this. Care to provide a link?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,596 Posts
    I was thinking, if Jeb told that one guy on Twitter basically that he had already made a lamp, I wonder if he made any other furniture to go with it as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    976 Posts
    I was thinking, if Jeb told that one guy on Twitter basically that he had already made a lamp, I wonder if he made any other furniture to go with it as well?
    I really hope he did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,373 Posts
    The actual track that was there was just for testing. That's not what the track would actually look like if you were to put this in your world.
    The point is that you can choose to enter the end simply by jumping out of the cart in mid air.

And you say it isn't new. I've never seen or heard anything about something like this. Care to provide a link?
    I don't get the design. How is this any easier then walking into one normally?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    315 Posts
    New snapshot:
    http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/15/min...apshot-12w07a/

Jeb posted:
    Here’s the development snapshot of week 7, 2012! List of changes:

Added new world file format called “Anvil” (256 max height and 4096 block IDs*)
    Multi-player light calculations do no longer cause affected blocks to be transmitted to the clients, instead the clients will recalculate the light on their own
    Villagers will repopulate villages based on how many houses there are available
    Some nights in villages will be worse than others…
    Added a redstone-controlled light source
    Decreased chance for the rare mob drops
    All animals use the new AI system now
    * The game can’t use the full range of IDs yet because there are still some assumptions that IDs above 256 are items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,751 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    878 Posts
    Oh my god:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,929 Posts
    Howling turds!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,441 Posts
    Sweet Sweet mother of god.
    Someone get a screenshot of a jungle in this! Are they bigger?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #751
    December 2009
    211 Posts
    Here's the Redstone Lamp recipe:

I suggest not hooking them up to a rapid redstone repeater.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,234 Posts
    Here's the Redstone Lamp recipe:

I suggest not hooking them up to a rapid redstone repeater.
    Explosion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #753
    January 2010
    3,533 Posts
    Testificates now breed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,441 Posts
    Looks like someone forgot about the Nether...

Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,047 Posts

God dayum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    Lighting seems a bit broken on the new terrain generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #757
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    What does it mean by "Some nights in villages will be worse than others…"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

38. Post #758
    November 2008
    1,831 Posts
    What does it mean by "Some nights in villages will be worse than others…"?
    Well I just saw a village being swarmed with zombies, they seem to be the only ones hungry for testificate flesh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #759
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,960 Posts
    The water seems much clearer in the snapshot. Probably a lighting bug:

Edit:
    Actually, the entire world seems lit up. Its daylight in all the caves!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #760
    Yeah same here, was testing new lamps, room was always alight regardless of the lamp being there or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)