1. Post #81
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    Wow that looks like a great deal. Is it manual or automatic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    I thought my car was in really good condition, but then i see every other civic of the same year and they look brand new still. :< Why did my car have to live in New Orleans/Birmingham Alabama it's who life? It runs great though, and the interior is like 9/10, so i can't complain. Also, it's free to me, because i'm lucky to have parents like that so i doubly can't complain. I'm very fortunate.

It's been rear-ended decently hard, and keyed in several places. I also think a shopping cart hit it in the back because there is a new scuff from no where. I feel like there is a new scuff every day.
    Ever notice the people like me who park in the back of the lot, next to a curb, all by themselves?

That's why. My daily is a 05 Silverado and its just about as good looking as the day it came off the lot new. I cant say the same about all my cars but If you are proactive and a little patient you can prevent those mystery scratches.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Wow that looks like a great deal. Is it manual or automatic?
    probably auto

i swear my family are like the only people in delaware with standard transmissions

4. Post #84
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    Ever notice the people like me who park in the back of the lot, next to a curb, all by themselves?

That's why. My daily is a 05 Silverado and its just about as good looking as the day it came off the lot new. I cant say the same about all my cars but If you are proactive and a little patient you can prevent those mystery scratches.
    Well it was 7:30 am and i was the only one parked in that section of the parking lot. I just don't get it. The only place i go to is the gas station, and home. I feel like a lot of these marks were there and i just didn't notice them.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    Then again you cant always be there to protect your ride. I came out of whitetrashmart to find this and shit three bricks instantly.

There was a cart return to my back in that picture, I can't stand people who do that crap. I get crazy looks sometimes in parking lots because if I see someone leave a cart next to a car I have to put it up. It pains me to see those things happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I always park as far away as everybody as possible. Even if it's cold, raining, snowing, blizzarding, I'll go far out of my way to protect my car from scratches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,518 Posts
    I always park as far away as everybody as possible. Even if it's cold, raining, snowing, blizzarding, I'll go far out of my way to protect my car from scratches
    I always park in corner spots, and if I can't park there, I park in an area where there's at least 3 open parking spots between me and the nearest occupied spots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    I always try to park where it's the easiest to leave, I hate getting stuck because of dummies who likes to block everything up.

On a side note, DAMN passing a week in the forest and doing 30km on feet in snow, sleeping in a tent and eating stuff slowly cooked on a fireplace, in the tent, is long and cold. But fun, when I came back, my car started no problem, even though it went as cold as -28C without the winds. Now imagine me, in the tent, dealing with that temperature, even with the fireplace, it was still cold as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events

9. Post #89
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Speaking of parking. I parked next to this toyota tacoma or whatever the fuck, some fake-ass japanese truck. Anyway, I parked next to him, and the vibrations caused by my truck's exhaust made his alarm go off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Speaking of parking. I parked next to this toyota tacoma or whatever the fuck, some fake-ass japanese truck. Anyway, I parked next to him, and the vibrations caused by my truck's exhaust made his alarm go off.
    i did that once in a tunnel in philly with a kia rio or something? is the rio made by kia?

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,652 Posts
    Today was my first time snowdrifting with my own car too

it looks kinda lame when i see it now, felt like i was going way more sideways
    I like the sound of your car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #92
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    I like the everything of his car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,606 Posts
    Today was my first time snowdrifting with my own car too

it looks kinda lame when i see it now, felt like i was going way more sideways

Don't be afraid to floor it and countersteer more!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,936 Posts

Swaaaaag rhymes with Jaaaaaaaag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,929 Posts
    Learned today you don't go 60mph in a low laying area when it has recently rained.
    Silly Audi just kept going straight like it has a rudder or some other magical device.

(At least 3 inches of water was on the road for a good 150 yard's.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,606 Posts

Swaaaaag rhymes with Jaaaaaaaag
    his wristwatch makes it so casual though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    I am now the proud owner of a 1995 audi 90
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Make sure you get some roders for it.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    May 2009
    2,871 Posts
    what are roders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Wee, 2 of 3 packages came

Prime example of royal mail package handling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    Yeah, well at least we have decent shipping over here in the states.....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Should have seen the "Box" my brake pads came in, I don't think it even qualified as a "Box" anymore.

That is terrible. I hope it wasn't anything fragile D:

I just hooked the new radio to a 12V test supply, screen is so pretty with its 35,000 colour chocies, I'll be at it all day getting it to perfectly match the dash colour :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    The above was from Google, however I did order a small engine once that arrived looking like it had been drug behind the truck with corners of cast aluminum ground away from the gear case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Makes me kinda worried about ordering steel parts from LMC, i dont really wanna pay out the ass for parts then have them come dented to shit.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I feel sorry for you guys.

I've literally never had a damaged package.
    Even my 23 inch monitor arrived safely.

They're always wrapped in packing peanuts that fly all over the place one you cut into the box.

26. Post #106
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Shat brix
    Car is limited to 105
    Good to know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #107
    June 2010
    904 Posts
    So I think I've finally found my car! I've decided on a 2005 1.2 Volkswagen Polo (3 Door). Insurance is £1447 under my dads. Done some digging into the car, and found out it was Category C write off. Going to test drive it next week.

(This colour and model)

Fingers crossed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    My car takes long enough to get to 100mph that i don't even want to be going that fast anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    So I think I've finally found my car! I've decided on a 2005 1.2 Volkswagen Polo (3 Door). Insurance is £1447 under my dads. Done some digging into the car, and found out it was Category C write off. Going to test drive it next week.

(This colour and model)

Fingers crossed!
    I looked Category C up.

Category C: Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. The vehicle should have an independent inspection before being allowed back onto the road.
    If it has frame damage, don't get it. It will never go back to normal. Not to mention the safety in the event of a wreck.

30. Post #110
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    My car pulls kinda nice to 100 from 60 :v

31. Post #111
    June 2010
    904 Posts
    If it has frame damage, don't get it. It will never go back to normal. Not to mention the safety in the event of a wreck.
    Yeah- I'm aware of the the problems of a category C write off, my dad's friend is mechanic and he's going to have him go over the car, I'd rather take loads of precautions and find that there is something wrong sooner rather than later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    My last setup in the civic topped 2nd gear at 80 mph, top of 3rd was 130 iirc.

Early shakedown run on ~8 psi, something like a 35 roll to 140

No video but on 18 psi the thing barely kept traction going downhill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    On one hand I'm proud of my Rex for being...Well, a rotary, but on the other hand I'm sad at the lack of power and tuning capabilities...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #114
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts

(This colour and model)

Fingers crossed!
    Cat. C? Wouldn't touch it. The car was once a wreck! I'd imagine various parts of the car have been damaged due to extreme stress from the impact. Seat belt, steering column, sensitive electronics etc...

Also, as many have previously said, there is the safety issue. That car would never re-achieve a four star NCAP rating and driving a car with knackered frame from the last crash means that frame will not be able to take another impact so well. You could instead be driving a 2 star car...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,856 Posts
    Got my city car back from maintenance, it was a bent rim. Fuck. Curbs.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    On one hand I'm proud of my Rex for being...Well, a rotary, but on the other hand I'm sad at the lack of power and tuning capabilities...
    When all else fails or is to expensive, MegaSquirt it!

37. Post #117
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    My car pulls kinda nice to 100 from 60 :v
    My car pulls decently from 0-60, and then the power vanishes.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,666 Posts
    I've got tons of power bouncing off redline from 0-10 and then it dies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2816642365.html
    Jeep comanche
    4.slow
    5 speed manuel

Fuck that mustang lol.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    Found some old memory card earlier today and it had pictures from when I was at the Nürburgring in 2008 on it.
    Ah... the memories. I just uploaded all the pics, so there are a lot of shitty ones, you can see them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3684197...7629175676243/

A few of the not so shitty ones:

Look at that widebody kit!

And a video of my dad's lap around the track, this was on winter tires and it was his first lap on a racetrack ever, so nothing special.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)