1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    sebring track day
    Yes!
    Just the short course. The long course is too bumpy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Like I said I'd probably rent a track or some large lot out for a day and we could hang out, eat foods, party, sexually experiment with each other, party more, regret it in the morning, and then do whatever after that.

Will probably be this track

It's a big oversized gokart track, would be fun to just do some laps on it.

Might be able to talk the guy into letting us use the 1/4 mile asphalt oval too for some GOOD OL' NASCAR HYUCK laps.

It'd all be for fun, of course. I don't want anyone to get out and get hurt, or tear their ride up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    My brake fluid is right below the minimum line -_-.. So i need new/more fluid, or new brakes(soon), right? Should i just leave it until i change my brake pads, or should i add some fluid? The brake pedal is a bit mushy, but it could just be my imagination. The fluid looks really dirty as well.

Edited:

I also feel i need new rear drum brakes as well, because my parking brake is very weak, and they make creaking sounds when i fully depress the brake.

Edited:

Also, threshold braking is kind of tricky. My front right wheel always locks before the left. Hopefully i don't lock them up in case of a real emergency stop.

Edited:

[sub]I just realized that is the side that shakes under heavy braking.. i hope i don't have an expensive underlying problem here. It felt like my other wheels had more stopping power when that one locks, it's just pushing it harder than the front left.[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    If you lose fluid, you should very well take a look at your brake fluid lines. Important shit right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #285
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    It never drips on the driveway as far as i can tell, i thought it was normal for the level to drop with brake wear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    Mine never dripped on the driveway, yet my dad once lost total brake, and I came back a few time without fluid, happened when I had to apply force on the brake, the leak was in the control units in the rear brake line, it was rotten and the line was too. Good think a foot of brake line only costed me about 0,17$, so I changed the whole thing up to the rear, the front was already done. Now it only has a very small leak due to wear, but it's very minime, hadn't had to put fluid back in since... a few months, well since I changed the line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,102 Posts
    Has anyone here had experience with running open headers or Hooker headers? I'm getting ideas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I've run open header on a lot of things. My TE72, my Civic, my CRX, my old chebby racecar, my fucking lawn tractor

what do you even want to know about it? It's loud and obnoxious. That's all you need to know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    We ran open manifolds on one of the cabs today that got totaled. Reason being we salvaged the good tires off of it as well as the expensive as fuck cats and put it back up into the parking lot so we could get a more important vehicle up onto the lift. I got to drive it up and park it and jesus fuck titties was that sucker loud. It's a police interceptor V8 Crown Vic, and if you think those vics with custom exhaust and shit are loud, think again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    Wish I still had the startup video of the ole camaro when it had the 383 in it. No it wasn't open header, it was header-less.

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    tesla, i know we don't each other but we could drive together seeing as you live ~30 minutes from me. essentially halve the cost
    I'd be down for that if I can go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Anyone in Albuquerque interested in going to bradley's meetup deal? Obviously it's not even close to being in the planning stages yet but if it ever gets that far I'm interested in going, so i could either give 1 person a ride or we could sort of...Road trip over together i suppose.

But i don't even know if I'm going to be able to go and again, it's still like just an idea everyone is throwing around so bear that in mind, just saying ahead of time.

Edited:

Basically yeah. But the guy in that video is pretty stupid lol...But yeah, it was crazy fucking loud, all the guys were stopping to look like "What the fuck is that guy thinking?"

But trust me, video STILL doesn't do it justice. I mean seriously, just IDLING it was absolutely terrifyingly deafening, let alone BARELY touching the throttle to get it moving and still let alone REVVING it...

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I know a thing or two about loud cars

To think I used to drive that thing around everywhere...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #295
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    holy fucking shit i would cry if that pulled up behind me while i was speeding

Edited:

Oh yeah, My tank was empty, although my choke is fucked.

Just more excuses for a holley 4 barrel

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    MegaSquirt > Carb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #297
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    pulling throttle and hearing carb suck air while yer veeyate shakes the whole truck > anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #298
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,646 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    August 2009
    4,582 Posts
    pulling throttle and hearing carb suck air while yer veeyate shakes the whole truck > anything
    My ramcharger sounds like a monster truck. I've had to yell to the person sitting in the passenger seat (Back when I had the emissions pass) during idle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    MegaSquirt > Carb
    You can go with this:

or you can go with that:

-but this is where its at:

I suspect you'd get a similar sound from this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #301
    November 2008
    2,077 Posts
    Someone mind doing a half ass black out in the rims for my truck in photoshop?

And maybe a shiny kind of look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

22. Post #302
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    Someone mind doing a half ass black out in the rims for my truck in photoshop?

And maybe a shiny kind of look.

If nobody else has done it by the time I get home from school, I'll do an actual one. But you asked for half-assed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    BRM
    January 2011
    336 Posts

someone else can try the shiny one though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #304
    May 2009
    2,872 Posts
    [video]
    I think this is the same car .. god how i love the yelling and roaring of that car It makes me horny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

25. Post #305
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I always hate you then i get a bro boner because you love cobra's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Drove a New Beetle today, it was lime green and owned by a girl around my age iirc.

Despite it smelling of... cooties, I did rather like it... It was surprising. And you know, if I was to own a car just to drive, I would definitely consider one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    My girlfriend has a beetle that I drive frequently. It's not a bad car but I hate the transmission and the auto roll up windows do weird shit all the time.
    The sound system is pretty impressive for a stock car IMO. It has a lot of range.

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    God, that was one thing. This had manual crank windows, which I am used to (almost everything I've ever owned has had manual windows), but this one... It was a workout rolling it up. God.

Something had to be wrong with it I'm sure.

But yeah, if the New Beetle was rear engine or mid engine, it would have been a hella sweet ride. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #309
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,994 Posts
    Hmm, my car seems to like creating new problems everytime i find a solution for an existing problem. Now driving home from work i noticed my clutch feels different. Before there was just the main biting point which was when the pedal was about half way released. Now i feel the car being pulled forward after releasing the clutch up by about half an inch. Then it stays the same until i reach the main biting point where it usually is at half way.

And also when driving in a straight line i noticed my steering wheel is turned left a little (By about 20 degrees). If i straighten it so its aligned with the dash the car starts turning right.

Uuuuurrrggghhhhaaaaa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #310
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    God, that was one thing. This had manual crank windows, which I am used to (almost everything I've ever owned has had manual windows), but this one... It was a workout rolling it up. God.

Something had to be wrong with it I'm sure.

But yeah, if the New Beetle was rear engine or mid engine, it would have been a hella sweet ride. Oh well.
    My cars manual windows take so many rotations to go up or down, my truck is 5 or 6 iirc

Edited:

Taking GED today, better job/ lower insurance rates here I come.

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    that's normal, my Civic and CRX both take 5 turns. The problem with the beetle was that it was insanely difficult to turn the handle, not the number of rotations.

32. Post #312
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,046 Posts
    Drove a New Beetle today, it was lime green and owned by a girl around my age iirc.

Despite it smelling of... cooties, I did rather like it... It was surprising. And you know, if I was to own a car just to drive, I would definitely consider one.
    :|

how about just getting a classic one? or the new one that is much more masculine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    New one's expensive, classic is obnoxious. I love old beetles but would not buy one "as a boring DD".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    :|

how about just getting a classic one? or the new one that is much more masculine?
    I'm not sure what it is. I know they're quite popular in Europe and stuff, but most people seem to own them here just for the novelty. (The Old Beetle)

35. Post #315
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    [video]
    I think this is the same car .. god how i love the yelling and roaring of that car It makes me horny
    [URL]
    sex
    sex
    sex
    sax

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,102 Posts
    I've run open header on a lot of things. My TE72, my Civic, my CRX, my old chebby racecar, my fucking lawn tractor

what do you even want to know about it? It's loud and obnoxious. That's all you need to know.
    When they say open headers, does that meant there is absolutely no exhaust system, no manifolds, no pipes, nothing?

its so retardedly loud and awesome i love it

37. Post #317
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Shit I'm 20 minutes early

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    When they say open headers, does that meant there is absolutely no exhaust system, no manifolds, no pipes, nothing?

its so retardedly loud and awesome i love it
    It means open headers, i.e. no exhaust system after the header/headers on a vehicle. The header being the manifold, although "header" usually refers to a steel or ceramic tube header style manifold.

39. Post #319
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Guy comes to look at my truck, doesn't even start it up. Tells me "This truck is clearly overpriced. I saw
    one for $2000 on Craigslist posted yesterday but it was already sold by the time I emailed the guy"

Left without even starting the engine. I checked UsedVictoria and Craigslist and a truck with
    similar mileage and condition is $4000, I'm asking $3000.

Ass. He didn't even make an offer either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    Hmm, my car seems to like creating new problems everytime i find a solution for an existing problem. Now driving home from work i noticed my clutch feels different. Before there was just the main biting point which was when the pedal was about half way released. Now i feel the car being pulled forward after releasing the clutch up by about half an inch. Then it stays the same until i reach the main biting point where it usually is at half way.
    So the clutch isnt disengaging until youre almost fully depressed?