1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    Congratulation! Now go on and beat some cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #722
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Went for a cruise, went down some shitty dirt road, my friend qq'd because he gave some throttle while dodging a pothole and started sliding in his brostang.

Meh.

oh yeah I got my keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #723
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Anyone know a lot about turbos?

Turbine seems to be jammed/seized. One of them (The fins, if you will) on the exhaust side has a chunk missing.

N/A-Turbo anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #724
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    take it to a performance shop

tell them to bang on it

??

working turboz

Edited:

Anyone know what exact wheels these are?

They look like BBS's, but I cant find exactly which ones.

My friend is selling some!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2856732144.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,548 Posts
    Anyone have one of these?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105NT50...50hdt&skipvs=T

Any recommendations for a better one out there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #726
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,650 Posts

Turbine seems to be jammed/seized. One of them (The fins, if you will) on the exhaust side has a chunk missing.

N/A-Turbo anyone?
    lolapexseals

7. Post #727
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,940 Posts
    Fellow VAG Member's. What repair manual should I get?

Haynes is only for 4000,5000,and the A4.

I think most of the VAG Community kick's Bently Manual's, but are they worth the 130$? (DVD ROM)

Edited:
    I herd firetruck's n crap at around 12:15 am me and my mom went to go see.
    Rainy wet road. A Chevy Silvarodo ended up flying threw the ditch threw a fence and into veins and trees.
    The truck is 100% Fubar. Not even a spot of the truck was untouched / dented.
    He some how survived he was pinned under the vehicle.

Question now is HOW THE HELL TO YOU GET PINNED UNDER A VEHICLE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    Anyone know what exact wheels these are?

They look like BBS's, but I cant find exactly which ones.
    BBS LM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts

tru dat

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

N/A-Turbo anyone?
    If those A/R number are right that's a bit too much turbo for you right now.

Plus you'd have to get a new turbine wheel, and those aren't cheap. Going to guess the shaft is also bent so you'd plan on replacing that. Rebuild kit for a regular old Garrett T3 is ~60 bucks, plus those two pieces which are $$$...

Would be easier to ebay a china turbo and run it til it blows, you'll have less in a brand new china turbo than you will have in rebuilding that obviously abused one.

Did your header come in yet? Still interested in that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,466 Posts
    dunno if want

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,496 Posts
    that's hot edberg, make your's look like that but with mudflaps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

13. Post #733
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts

This car just gets cooler every time I see it. Fuck.

Great video too, after the 13 second intro it's all driving, no bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,955 Posts
    drivers with balls?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,496 Posts
    drivers with balls?

dat torque steer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    We were unsuccessful the other day when we went to look at a couple of Mx5's, however were going to see THIS one next sat which looks like a pretty damn good example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #737
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    If those A/R number are right that's a bit too much turbo for you right now.

Plus you'd have to get a new turbine wheel, and those aren't cheap. Going to guess the shaft is also bent so you'd plan on replacing that. Rebuild kit for a regular old Garrett T3 is ~60 bucks, plus those two pieces which are $$$...

Would be easier to ebay a china turbo and run it til it blows, you'll have less in a brand new china turbo than you will have in rebuilding that obviously abused one.

Did your header come in yet? Still interested in that.
    I thought i had already posted it in here?

(thumb)

Soda can for comparison. Only reason it hasn't gone on yet is because i need to get emissions sorted out soon and i need to shorten the test pipe that's currently on it before it'll fit.

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Ah okay. I totally missed the post. Is that the cheap ebay one? Looks like a quality piece imo.

Edited:

Also

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,612 Posts
    dunno if want

Well if you don't want it, I sure as hell do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #740
    November 2010
    916 Posts
    There were supercharged models.
    my cousin had a s/c version 1st gen in highschool. i was younger but remember the whine and her never letting off the gas in the corners, the was good at power sliding it around the corners.
    our radiologist has a 2004 with the clutchless manual. now it is kinda slow.

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,710 Posts
    dunno if want

I'll take the S2000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,466 Posts
    Well if you don't want it, I sure as hell do.
    already trying to buy his gramlights :v

Edited:

only 17x7.5 wheels I've seen with visible lip

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,612 Posts
    My father's neighborhood's gates are NOT trailer-friendly.

Had to get out, go to the camera/intercom and wait for someone to open the gate again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

24. Post #744
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

Just bought a 87 jeep comanche
    4.0 I6 4x4 4spd manuel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,657 Posts
    I don't know why but comanches are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,341 Posts
    So my truck has been making a weird rattling noise at idle, I kinda thought it was something loose in the exhaust, but lately I've started thinking it might be the transmission. It's started rattling/grinding under throttle too. Checked the dip stick when I got home, and it's well below the add a pint line. Ffffffffffffff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #747
    October 2008
    2,735 Posts
    Ugh, I'm getting more and more anxious for later in the year.
    It's been close to a year now since I've driven my truck.
    For those that don't remember, in August I moved from Maine to North Carolina and had to leave my '79 Chevy behind at my grandfather's. He watches over it and starts it up every so often, he says the ol' girl starts right up every time.
    Feels like just yesterday that we were cruising down Walter Lee Road with Dirt Road Anthem on the radio.
    I managed to find a couple pics of it when we got it and after we started restoration.

As of this year, it's been in the family for 33 years. If anyone wants to hear the back story on it, I can write it here again. It's a bit of a tear-jerker for me though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    IT LIVES!

Fucking hell now I have to stuff the harness back in, and deal with a small clatter issue... Hmm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #749
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    So my dad and brother were drinking, and i was sitting in the jeep
    So my brother comes up and is like i wanna drive it, and my dad says me first
    My dad then puts the transfer case in neutral and tells my brother to give it a shot.
    He then spends 15-20 minutes trying to get it to move, giving it gas and letting the clutch out, then every few minutes my dad would say Get out and let me try ya pussy
    puts transfer case in 2hi and then moves it forward and back, then puts it back into neutral when its my brothers turn.

my god i laughed so hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    WELL FUCK

Looks like a main bearing failed.

So now I've got a busted ass D16Z6 block with a P&P D16Y7 head sitting in my car, and a wiring harness full of issues.

Sigh. I wish things would just WORK for once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

31. Post #751
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    So I bought a '93 Prelude for $1700. I've picked up stick-shift pretty easily, I can reverse, start on hills (I park on one), etc etc. I've parked in parking lots and had no problems. I'm getting used to having a high back-window that's really angled. Gotta use my side-view mirrors like a mofo.

Runs beautifully, has 280xxx kilometres on it though. Been well maintained though, runs beautifully, sounds nice, the clutch is soooo easy. Beautiful to drive. Only problem is that there's some orange stickers on the car, and two of them are on the wheel-wells covering some rust (That's a common area for rust). Not a lot but definitely there, unless the cars just mangled in that area (That'd be delightful but it's probaly rust). Trunks also a bit faded and the hood had a bit of clearcoat peeling.

I figure I'll stop by a junkyard to see if there's any other red preludes I can pry a hood and maybe trunk off of. That'd be perfect. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to paint them sometime. Rims need a good washing too, probaly pick-up some rim shiner.

I wish I was a bit more car knowledgeable. Trying to learn but I really don't have a clue. Checked
    all the fluids and everything but I'm wondering what I should do to the car next. Probaly going to
    change the air filter, friend recommends changing the air-box to a cone but they aren't super cheap
    (Around $100). Oh well, might be worth it?

Regardless, I paid off all my debt, have a car that runs beautifully and sounds great, and I love
    driving stick. Life is good.

I've also used over half a tank of gas in only 30 hours. I drove for around 6 hours straight the first night I got the car, it was my first time driving stick on actual roads too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #752
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Concur, how much did it cost and how much is wrong with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,446 Posts
    Just finished the design (rough dummy) for our 2012 racing livery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,396 Posts
    Driving across the tappenzee bridge last night a block of steel or something from underneath someones car fucking smashed on the road and then bounced up and smashed into my windshield. Fiancee had heart attack, I pull over after the toll trooper comes up

"Just call your insurance company, get off the side of the road"

They didn't bother looking for what hit my car but told me someones jeep cherkoee fucking had there entire windshield wiped out after it hit mine. Good thing i have full glass coverage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    846 Posts
    gonna be helping a buddy of mine pick up a VR6 this week.. he's gonna stuff it into his mk2 gti, should be pretty rad when it's done.

he was gonna try to haul it in his mk3 golf but he figured he'd just ask me to get it with my truck..

i don't know how well putting a vr6 in the back of his golf would go, he already has to do retarded shit like crawl over speed bumps (the whole 45 degree angle, crawl over and hope he doesn't scrape bit gets old quick) so yea, it should be interesting.

plus i'm coming up on 3k miles since i bought my truck so i'm gonna crawl under it and change the oil within the next couple weeks probably.

and when spring rolls around, i'm gonna take the ladder rack off and try to do something about the spots that are starting to rust again cause every time it rains, rusty water drips down my truck and makes me cry

36. Post #756
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    So a rock chipped my windshield recently, didn't notice until a friend pointed it out to me. FFFFUUU,
    Never had my windshield chipped before. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #757
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Concur, how much did it cost and how much is wrong with it?
    $2500 usd

Got a leak in the exhaust, some surface rust, and just the general 20 year old car interior wear.
    Runs and drives like a charm though.

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    WELL FUCK

Looks like a main bearing failed.

So now I've got a busted ass D16Z6 block with a P&P D16Y7 head sitting in my car, and a wiring harness full of issues.

Sigh. I wish things would just WORK for once.
    That sucks man. How ere the tolerances on everything when you put it together?
    Did you use a micrometer or use plastigauge?

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    If it was a Main, it was caused by either it being built poorly or starved for oil. I'm assuming it had something to do with your break in procedure.

40. Post #760
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,884 Posts
    Question now is HOW THE HELL TO YOU GET PINNED UNDER A VEHICLE!
    Think that a jack is a real jackstand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)