July 2008
    604 Posts
    so many rx7s today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #4002
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    I think it means a car so visually modified it looks retarded and ridiculous and whatever that green car was certainly is rice. I honestly can't tell what that thing was before they added the hideous body kits.
    Here we go again Hoodoo. That's an FD with a widebody kit and different paint.

Anything modified to you is rice so your comments hold no worth imo. Post your car and we'll see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #4003
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    The hell is an FD? and no, not everything modified is rice to me.

NOT RICE:

RICE:

See the difference? One is tastefully modified, the other isn't. a bodykit that makes your car a few feet wider and adding blindingly bright green paint isn't tasteful, it looks ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4004
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    The hell is an FD?
    I think we're done here.

If Ferosso or Bradley were here......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4005
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Yes, because if i don't know every last detail of every single one of your precious jap-crap econoboxes or whatever the fuck that thing was, I'm ~totally~ just some stupid moron, right?

(User was banned for this post ("Still shitposting" - Craptasket))

(User was banned for this post ("Extended. If this user trolls or flames again, permaban." - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4006
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Yes, because if i don't know every last detail of every single one of your precious jap-crap econoboxes or whatever the fuck that thing was, I'm ~totally~ just some stupid moron, right?
    No, but I would call you that for being an immature, ignorant, perhaps borderline racist person maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #4007
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    again, you're calling me ignorant for not knowing everything about japanese cars.

HAHAHAHAH

you're calling me racist for disliking japanese cars? are you fucking serious?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4008
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Hah, I love the sound of Diesel. Just sounds like it is actually doing some work.

I've never had it in the upper RPM ranges where it really starts to roar. (If you haven't saw my post in the DIY thread, the throttle cable was very... very slack)

I really wish I had a covered workshop to do some modifications, I really want to get a few extra horses out of this engine (Remap, Intercooler, Decat?) 90BHP just feels a bit pedestrian at times, even if it does thrash the hatchbacks I see around town.

9. Post #4009
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    It's a fucking RX-7 for christs sake, 2 seconds on google could have yielded you that result if you spent less time bitching and fighting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fd&o...DOfq2AWuuKnpCA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4010
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    Anyone who uses the word "jap-crap" is an ignoramus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #4011
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Excuse me if I like something with power as opposed to a 146 HP badly made box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

12. Post #4012
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    You're a badly made box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4013
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    It's all about a good power to weight ratio.

And chassis stiffness.

Neither of which are very abundant in your precious american cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #4014
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    When did I say anything about american cars? I mean things like Mercedes, something that looks good, has power, and isn't horrifically heavy. unlike your precious RX7s, 146 horsepower and they weigh over 2,500 pounds? have fun with your 0-60 in 10 seconds, but I'll take a Merc SLK350, 0-60 in half the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

15. Post #4015
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    When did I say anything about american cars? I mean things like Mercedes, something that looks good, has power, and isn't horrifically heavy. unlike your precious RX7s, 146 horsepower and they weigh over 2,500 pounds? have fun with your 0-60 in 10 seconds.
    Yes, let's compare a ~$10,000 RX-7 to a ~$50,000 Mercedes-Benz
    Let's see what you can afford to drive once you start.

Maybe actually driving will change your outlook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4016
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    Hush, no fighting.
    Both kinds of cars have groups of people who like them and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    Muscle cars are more suited to a course with alot of straight-aways
    Imports are more suited to a course with alot of corners

Now shut up all of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #4017
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    I've driven, thank you very much, I just don't own a car of my own as of yet.

Edited:

Dang it, why is everyone assuming I'm talking about american cars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #4018
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    I won't stand here and let his blissful ignorance go unopposed.

Screw it, have fun with your Mercs, Hoodoo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #4019
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    I will, thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #4020
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,607 Posts
    The hell is an FD? and no, not everything modified is rice to me.

NOT RICE:

RICE:

See the difference? One is tastefully modified, the other isn't. a bodykit that makes your car a few feet wider and adding blindingly bright green paint isn't tasteful, it looks ridiculous.
    You need to stop talking.

If you don't know about cars, your opinion is invalid.

Mr. "The hell is an FD"

You're defining rice without correct knowledge of the universe of cars it exists in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4021
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    In other news : Can anyone refer me a good ECU for a Toyota 4a-ge?

I may go with adaptronic but I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

22. Post #4022
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Oh waw.

This 6-bolt hub adapter for the S13 steering column is so Chinese that the Chinese NRG knockoff quick-release and it's bolts don't even line up correctly. I can't screw them together without shearing or destroying the threads for both.

I really need to invest in a quality Momo hub adapter and a Sparco or NRG steering wheel quick release. For now I'm gonna bolt the steering wheel to the hub for now. The quick-release looked and worked all cool too :(

23. Post #4023
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    Oh waw.

This 6-bolt hub adapter for the S13 steering column is so Chinese that the Chinese NRG knockoff quick-release and it's bolts don't even line up correctly. I can't screw them together without shearing or destroying the threads for both.

I really need to invest in a quality Momo hub adapter and a Sparco or NRG steering wheel quick release. For now I'm gonna bolt the steering wheel to the hub for now. The quick-release looked and worked all cool too :(
    Not to be rude, but if you didn't have the money, why are you changing out the steering wheel in the first place?

24. Post #4024
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Because my OEM is so tired and worn, falling apart.

The only thing messed up is the quick release and I won't use it. But later I will invest in brand name. Not everyone has hundreds to blow on parts, this is average quality. College student lifestyle yo :P

25. Post #4025
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    Diseases can spread over the internet apparently. The arguing disease...

26. Post #4026
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    the car I was supposed to get my 2jz from has been sold (already posted that yesterday).
    today I learnt that the new owner crashed it in 5h after buying it... That engine would have served me right, and all the other parts would've served other members of our supra club real good.
    its a shame...Real shame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

27. Post #4027
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    God, I just want to get this 'vette sold so I can get something else rolling. I need an extra set of wheels so I can take the time to fix a lot of stuff on the hatch that is falling apart. Tonight I lost a bolt from somewhere and may have popped the crank seal. sflabsldfbalsdfbhsagd

And I don't think my TPS is adjusted correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #4028
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Went jeepin and BBQin today, friend took his stock cherokee, got babbys first mud stains on his car

borderline racist person maybe?
    You're an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4029
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,353 Posts
    I'm dawning more and more closer to deciding on what car to get as College will be coming up soon for me and I just got a new job that pretty much requires me to have a car to get back and forth if they need call-ins and I want to jump to full time ASAP so i'll be there bitch for a while.

Anyway, I'm looking for that Car that i can own forever C4 corvette or now looking at one of these (It's still 3800 series so ill still be apart of the 3800 club)

Only 10k, I'll take it. Emailed for vin and if theres extra pictures. If carfax checks out with no incidents and its asthetically clean then ill be owning this. I know I don't look or sound/type like a nascar fan but I do have my earnhardt plaque on my wall and sadly watched him in that accident that killed him. Love to own one of these and my father would probably cry and be happy that someone in the family would own one of these (He literally is die hard earnhardt fan)

30. Post #4030
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Don't you hate it when you're cruisin 85 down a two-lane highway, almost no cars, and then some fuckhead going the speed limit merges into your lane in front of you, and matches the speed of the fuckhead in the right lane? I tailgated the shit out of that douchebag but some people are just so god damn stubborn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #4031
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,707 Posts
    Did my first oil change on the camaro today

woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

32. Post #4032
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Don't you hate it when you're cruisin 85 down a two-lane highway, almost no cars, and then some fuckhead going the speed limit merges into your lane in front of you, and matches the speed of the fuckhead in the right lane? I tailgated the shit out of that douchebag but some people are just so god damn stubborn

I flashed some guy with my hi beams
    I then shat my fucking pants when he sped up and moved over for me.

Sometimes people don't suck so bad man.

33. Post #4033
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,934 Posts
    Man traveling 80+mph on curvy roads with bad control arms make you hella driver.

I need to do my control arms badly ;_;, I really want to do it but really don't fell like doing it myself.
    And I REALLY don't fell like paying some fuckhead 92$ a hr to do it.

Some one give me the motivation to do this shit. My car is lacking, and in need of care and luv.

34. Post #4034
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Man traveling 80+mph on curvy roads with bad control arms make you hella driver.

I need to do my control arms badly ;_;, I really want to do it but really don't fell like doing it myself.
    And I REALLY don't fell like paying some fuckhead 92$ a hr to do it.

Some one give me the motivation to do this shit. My car is lacking, and in need of care and luv.
    I know dat feel. My 240 has torn rubber boots on mine. Whenever you turn, you hear a nice BANG, feel it through the metal

Those things cost so much too! Aftermarket adjustable toe arms, tension rods and those arms cost like, $100 a pop.

35. Post #4035
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts

For my FC. Opinions? FC bro thinks they'd look killer, but he really likes the oldschool japanese scene so.

Edited:

Edited:

Only i won't neccesarily be going for the hellaflush stretched look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #4036
    July 2011
    88 Posts

For my FC. Opinions? FC bro thinks they'd look killer, but he really likes the oldschool japanese scene so.

Edited:

Edited:

It is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4037
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    About the whole rice thing: I personally hate bodykits. To me it looks like someone just threw as many random shapes on there as they could. Certain bodykits are nice and tasteful, assuming they're subtle and low-profile. I personally think that green FD is buttfuckugly, but that's just my opinion.

However, calling any sort of bodykit "rice" isn't accurate at all, especially if you don't know what you're talking about. I refrain from using the term "rice" because I don't know much about Japanese cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #4038
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,423 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

They're definitely nice, if you like the look I'd say go for it. Besides, you're going to get a bunch of opinions that are going to be all over the place.

Edited:

About the whole rice thing: I personally hate bodykits. To me it looks like someone just threw as many random shapes on there as they could. Certain bodykits are nice and tasteful, assuming they're subtle and low-profile. I personally think that green FD is buttfuckugly, but that's just my opinion.

However, calling any sort of bodykit "rice" isn't accurate at all, especially if you don't know what you're talking about. I refrain from using the term "rice" because I don't know much about Japanese cars.
    If the body kit has function, then I have no complaints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4039
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Already ordered them, I think they'll look nice. And for 100 bucks marked off for EACH RIM, i think it's a pretty nice deal, too. Gonna have to roll my fenders to get them to fit though, according to a friend. We'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #4040
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Already ordered them, I think they'll look nice. And for 100 bucks marked off for EACH RIM, i think it's a pretty nice deal, too. Gonna have to roll my fenders to get them to fit though, according to a friend. We'll see.
    I always roll my fenders. On pretty much every car I get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)