1. Post #5921
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Mmm home again, back from work. At least I received what is going to be my Resonator and gonna weld it on tomorrow.

This will complete the exhaust sounding with the Thrush Turbo mufflers I've got on. (3800 without resonator sounds raspy. Had no resonator on it since ever I've had the car.)

Now on the supercharger on the next payday, and the headers on the other.
    A glass pack? No offense dude, but whyyyyyyy. You'll hear the supercharger plenty without it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #5922
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,396 Posts
    accord had no coolant in the resivour at all, was overheating super also before i found that out. Also oil leak again but dip stick says oil level is fine.

So what is it AA, The resviour being bone dry literally empty on coolant or the small oil leak even though dipstick says there is more then enough oil left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5923
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    A glass pack? No offense dude, but whyyyyyyy. You'll hear the supercharger plenty without it.
    A glasspack, you ask me why? Who likes raspy sound coming from the exhaust?

The best way to make a 3800 sounds not raspy is to have a resonator, or if you want better results a glasspack with metal wool instead of fiberglass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #5924
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    So I was driving home, when suddenly a minivan appeared in front of me. I of course merged a lane over so I wouldnt be stuck behind it. The driver took this as a sign of hostility for some reason, and merged right behind me and started to ride my ass (2-3 feet from my bumper) while we were going 50. When I turned off the road, the guy in the minivan flipped me off as he sped past.

Man, people these days are so fucking dumb and quick to anger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5925
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,396 Posts
    i was just on the saw mill before it ends and merges with major deegan or w/e, im in right lane doing 80 and im still not keeping up with everyone, get to 90 and still not and fucking parkway is full of cars

then i get off exit, was p cool too had otis playing on radio was fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #5926
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    732 Posts
    im changing my axle all by myself tomorrow, hopefully it goes well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #5927
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So I was driving home, when suddenly a minivan appeared in front of me. I of course merged a lane over so I wouldnt be stuck behind it. The driver took this as a sign of hostility for some reason, and merged right behind me and started to ride my ass (2-3 feet from my bumper) while we were going 50. When I turned off the road, the guy in the minivan flipped me off as he sped past.

Man, people these days are so fucking dumb and quick to anger
    I fantasize about having someone do that to me. Then when they do, I'll slowly coast and slow more and more down, and then when they, in their drunken rage, floor it and try and pass me to then cut me off (Like they always do...) I downshift the mother fuck out of it and box them out. Stupid assholes.

I also really like it when people ride my ass like that, fucking inches away, but fail to realize that there's another car in front of me that's preventing me from going any faster. Yeah, ride my ass fuckhead, that'll make the guy in front of me go faster. I mean come on. I always feel like brake checking these dickheads, too, but wouldn't be able to live with myself if i ended up totaling my own car in the process...Instead i try and do everything in my power to piss them off enough to make them just go around me and be done with it.

8. Post #5928
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    I fantasize about having someone do that to me. Then when they do, I'll slowly coast and slow more and more down, and then when they, in their drunken rage, floor it and try and pass me to then cut me off (Like they always do...) I downshift the mother fuck out of it and box them out. Stupid assholes.

I also really like it when people ride my ass like that, fucking inches away, but fail to realize that there's another car in front of me that's preventing me from going any faster. Yeah, ride my ass fuckhead, that'll make the guy in front of me go faster. I mean come on. I always feel like brake checking these dickheads, too, but wouldn't be able to live with myself if i ended up totaling my own car in the process...Instead i try and do everything in my power to piss them off enough to make them just go around me and be done with it.
    Get one of these, during normal driving have the gain knob set to 1, set it to 10 (Like in this video) when they start tailgating.

You back right up mister.
    (Its the Bee-R rev limiter)

9. Post #5929
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,396 Posts
    that would fucking make me think someones engine just fucking blew up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #5930
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    that would fucking make me think someones engine just fucking blew up
    It limits the engine by cutting the ignition. This makes all of the fuel-air mixture escape out the exhaust, the high heat and change in pressure causes it to ignite when it exits the exhaust. However, the fuel air mixture settling in the cylinder can harm your seals and cylinder walls, this unit alternates which pistons get the ignition cut to prevent any damage. It has 2 settings: normal limit and e-brake limit, which limit the engine under 2 different circumstances. It also has the aforementioned gain knob which reduces the explosions. Its quite the piece of equipment.

-edit-
    And wouldn't you back right off if that started happening in front of you?

11. Post #5931
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,196 Posts
    2.5l v-6? Damn thats a tiny engine.
    Still cranks out 155 horsepower, kind of sad for a V6 though.

12. Post #5932
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    DERP UPS

my two packages was at montréal ups facility,ready to go out for delivery
    but then it fucking got back to N-Y where it never even went in the first place because it was shipped from CALI to HALIFAX then to MONTREAL.
    WTF UPS I NEED THOSE PARTS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #5933
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,466 Posts
    ff isn't bad

ff monte carlo is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5934
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,884 Posts
    So, I got to drive the new 2013 Police Interceptor tonight.

I hope no one trys to run from the police. They will lose. These things are faster then the chargers.

HOLY SHIT IT WAS AWESOME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5935
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    cant wait to wake up tomorrow and try to replace my thermostat

fucking a.

16. Post #5936
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    cant wait to wake up tomorrow and try to replace my thermostat

fucking a.
    no thermostat master race.

Really does wonders in 2000F weather.

17. Post #5937
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,200 Posts
    All exhauts leaks finally fixed, deep rumbles from the rear finally.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #5938
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Sigh

Pouring rain.
    Gotta get it done though :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #5939
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,684 Posts
    I'm only going to post this once

RAUH WELT BEGRIFF (RWB) <3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #5940
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,650 Posts
    So got word back from my mechanic.

The fuel rail is busted, so I got to go to LKQ tomorrow.

and that really nice crack free ported manifold is warped, another 60 bucks in the deal to get it resurfaced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #5941
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    Should we have a "FOR SALE" subsection in the AA section?
    I'm all for it tbh but we might need to debate that with the mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #5942
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Should we have a "FOR SALE" subsection in the AA section?
    I'm all for it tbh but we might need to debate that with the mods
    I'd be down.

But I doubt we'd have any cars in common aside from some specific people. Would love to buy stuff from a guy parting out his 240

23. Post #5943
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,446 Posts
    Hey guys! I'm writing from my hotel room in London right now! We're spending 5 days here because we're racing in the 2nd round of JDM allstars at the Wimbeldon arena on sunday, and it's getting live streamed. I've taken a billion pictures of awesome cars. We visited Garage D today, and they had like 99999999999 skylines of all sorts, including a blue R30. Can't post pics now, but I'll update you guys later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

24. Post #5944
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I'm not sure we're popular enough to have any real business going on but a small subforum wouldn't hurt. If it doesn't get popular enough for the mods to keep it, they've reverted things back to a simple megathread in the past so that's no biggy.

IE I'm down.

25. Post #5945
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,650 Posts
    I doubt anyone in the united states would want my volvo parts, aside from one of the guys on here.

26. Post #5946
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    So there's this black cable in my car in the stereo wiring area(in the center of my dash behind my stereo), and I need help figuring out what it is. It looks kinda like this:

Except it's bigger and it has those metal pressure things on the sides that help snap it into place. Any help ASAP would be appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #5947
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,650 Posts
    Antenna Cable?

28. Post #5948
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    That's probably it. Damn, I was hoping it was some cable that was essential to my stereo and it somehow got unplugged looks like I gotta get a new stereo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #5949
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,650 Posts
    Why? can't you just plug it in?

30. Post #5950
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    My stereo crapped out a couple weeks ago, it shorted out and started smoking. I took it out hoping that it was a simple fix, but it looks like it's a problem with the stereo and not the wiring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #5951
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    I'd be down.

But I doubt we'd have any cars in common aside from some specific people. Would love to buy stuff from a guy parting out his 240
    yes but things like injectors (top or side feed), IC, cats, turbos, gauge, electronics (piggyback, EMS), audios.
    that kind of stuff is "universal"

32. Post #5952
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    I wasn't going to post, but I need to vent somewhere.

Short story: Last week lady ran a red light smashing into me while I was making a left turn. Their insurance isn't covering it and my car was labeled as totaled.

Long Story:

I start to turn left at a green light, lady going about 45-50 speeds through a red light (on her cell phone) and nails my from drivers side front spinning me about 90 degrees until I am facing right. Luckily I saw her at the last second and hit my breaks, which probably saved my life. If my car would have rolled 1 foot further into the intersection she would have hit my drivers side door and smashing me with it.

So I get out of the car, not mad at all, just making sure she is okay... She doesn't speak English and it isn't her car... She doesn't have a drivers license or insurance or anything. The police run the car and find out the guy who owns it has insurance and what not. So that's good.

I file a claim with his insurance and a few days later they call me telling me they aren't going to extend coverage to me. I ask why and apparently he didn't pay his bill the day before the accident so they have him listed a lapsed account and thus, not covered during the time of the accident...

So now I am having to use my own insurance to take a claim out (raising my rates even though it wasn't my fault at all) and my car didn't seem that bad... It wouldn't start at all, but I was thinking it was just the auto shut off or what not. I get it to a mechanic a week later and they send an adjuster out to look at it.

The car is a 2001 Nissan Altima with 70,000 miles. I bought it in 2005 with only 30,000 miles... It has new tires, new breaks, full tank of gas, new stereo, new speakers, new spark plugs and all around in perfect condition. Would be hard to find a car 10+ years old in as nice of condition. Well they total the damage of the car to $5,200 and the car blue books for $6,000... So insurance calls it totaled.

Now I have to try and get a new vehicle, which the only thing I can find is 10 year old cars with 180,000 miles on them for like $7,500... Which compared to what I had, is insane.

All around terrible situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #5953
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    yes but things like injectors (top or side feed), IC, cats, turbos, gauge, electronics (piggyback, EMS), audios.
    that kind of stuff is "universal"
    I guess.

I mean if anyone has a Sparco 6-pattern or Nardi or something lying about.....

34. Post #5954
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,884 Posts
    Terrible Story
    This is why I fucking hate insurance companies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #5955
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    heart breaking story
    sorry to hear that, glad you're okay though

the system is shit man, hopefully you can find a ride that'll work for ya :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

36. Post #5956
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    sorry to hear that, glad you're okay though

the system is shit man, hopefully you can find a ride that'll work for ya :(
    Yeah, just impossible to find a decent car around here for a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $20,000 right now.

37. Post #5957
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    Yeah, just impossible to find a decent car around here for a decent price. Not really wanting to spend $20,000 right now.
    >get junker like us for $1-4K
    >240sx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #5958
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,502 Posts
    insurance faggotry
    Insurance companies are bullshit, some punk ass freshman who was high driving around his 6 friends in the 318i his mommy and daddy bought him a month after he got his license backed right into my mom's brand new 2,100 mile Honda Civic while I was driving it.

He drove out into the street while both of us were exiting a drive way of a parking lot and instead decided to slam into reverse and fly back in. I managed to make it into neutral which I was struggling to do since I'm used of my manual Integra.

He didn't damage the hood but every panels were misaligned, every bracket was bent and the headlights didn't line up at all. I'm pretty familiar with how front end damage goes having repaired my own and I could easily tell that damage wasn't cosmetic at all. Nope, since his 2nd new step daddy that moved his family up from California was in the military. USAA came out and said that it's $200 worth of paint damage. The kid had the balls to say that I smashed into him for no reason and flew off in a brand new fucking car.

We got 4 quotes from different shops ranging from $1000-1500. USAA ruled that it was my fault despite complete proof and reevaluations by different shops and our insurance ruled that it was his fault so we got absolutely nothing out of it.

Fuck insurance, next time I'd rather take my insurance out on their face with a tire iron..

I'm sure if you post your local craigslist we can suggest some cars to look at.

Edited:

You should also claim you have backpain and injuries now, maybe they'll do something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #5959
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    >get junker like us for $1-4K
    >240sx
    Not getting a junker. I am not a teenage beginner driver (not saying you are), but I am getting a car to last because I know I am not going to destroy it or be irresponsible with it. Plus I have med school to pay for so I need a car that will last long enough to outlast my debt.

40. Post #5960
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    Yo, any transmission guru here (bradley?)

My R154 is fucked up I think, both wheel off the ground, handbrake off and I couldnt turn my driveshaft over without MASSIVE effort (and turning it by torquing on the wheels like a mofo).

also a small amount of metal got out with the tranny oil... wtf, I blew my fucking engine on the 5 and 6 cylinders, the transmission was fine then, why not now