1. Post #6001
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    If I wasn't finishing my car on severance pay, I'd do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #6002
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,518 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #6003
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    I finally got my first car! My uncle made sure everything inside was alright and running well. But I really cared about the appearance.
    How would I go on about fixing the minor paint chips and scratches like these?

4. Post #6004
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    asked the bug guy I was talking to last week for a picture of the fender cleaned up (the one on CL looked dirty), as well as if he'd finish installing the new wiper motor (he replaced it but said it wasn't wired yet, didn't know if he would do it). Also asked if it was a stick, but I have a strong feeling it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

5. Post #6005
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    You guys keep finding nice ones but I have a broken one next to me.

Hnnnnngggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrr

6. Post #6006
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Damn, you people honestly think Altimas can look good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #6007
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Yep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #6008
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    921 Posts
    I don't think you can do anything to make it look better, but for the price, they are a decent car when it comes to looks. I'm speaking for the sedan at least, can't say I like the coupe too much. The highest trim model with leather and navigation barely touches 32k. Good car for work/business.

I finally got my first car! My uncle made sure everything inside was alright and running well. But I really cared about the appearance.
    Touchup paint. Read up and watch some videos on how to do it right. You can make scratches dissapear, especially when you apply both the paint and clearcoat correctly.

9. Post #6009
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,942 Posts
    asked the bug guy I was talking to last week for a picture of the fender cleaned up (the one on CL looked dirty), as well as if he'd finish installing the new wiper motor (he replaced it but said it wasn't wired yet, didn't know if he would do it). Also asked if it was a stick, but I have a strong feeling it is.
    I think all bettles were manual. Except a handful.
    VW Fan's or Ldesu chime in?

Hmmmm touch up paint. Alot of it. If I wasn't about to go to bed I would stay up and help you find (All your need) Paint,Clear,and magical stuff.

Will PM you about it later.

10. Post #6010
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I don't like the fourth gen Altimas too much, the stretched out tail lights are kinda eh. The new Altima coming out though, is fuckin sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #6011
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    I don't think you can do anything to make it look better, but for the price, they are a decent car when it comes to looks. I'm speaking for the sedan at least, can't say I like the coupe too much. The highest trim model with leather and navigation barely touches 32k. Good car for work/business.

Hmmmm touch up paint. Alot of it. If I wasn't about to go to bed I would stay up and help you find (All your need) Paint,Clear,and magical stuff.

Will PM you about it later.
    Thank you, please do!
    Will I be able to able to get "touch-up" paint at any local auto parts store like O'Reilly or Pepboys?

12. Post #6012
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I think that no one has ever appreciated your lack of respect of others. All you ever do is come here to insult people and it gets old. The first post i see you make in this place in a while is talking shit about his car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #6013
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,344 Posts
    Someone recommend me a brand of Headers for my truck.

Hooker seems to be the best that I've seen so far, but I don't want to piss away $200.

Edited:

And they come with this sweet logo.

14. Post #6014
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    921 Posts
    Thank you, please do!
    Will I be able to able to get "touch-up" paint at any local auto parts store like O'Reilly or Pepboys?
    You can get it at any auto store, just get the color code off your door trim and buy the matching paint set. I would go for the Factory OEM stuff though, I think they will get the best color match. Courtesy Nissan sells the Pen which has the paint on one side, clear on the other.

http://courtesyparts.com/touch_up_paint.php?cPath=5906

The pens are a little nicer than the brushes because you can't accidently apply too much paint to the car, unless you press really hard. There's still a lot more to it than applying paint though, preperation is really important if you want scratches to dissapear.

EDIT:
    Wait, why did I assume you own a Nissan? Anyways.. I like OEM paint more. I would use OEM paint even if they didn't sell it with the nifty brush. The Altima post really threw me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #6015
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    yeah the 1970 bugs were mostly manuals but there were a few manumatics or whatever they are, I believe it was you still shifted but you didn't need to clutch

16. Post #6016
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    Guiz. Opinions needed, I've got my mind made up on a foxbody, but there are so many to choose from.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3041482900.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bar/3095864294.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3079753779.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3094777608.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3027576180.html

I don't have work tomorrow, and I'm going to look at all four of these. I've got $5000 Cash in hand, so if you guys want to look around Metro detroit/surrounding citys, shoot me the Craiglist links in a PM.

Any opinions of these cars? The one with no pictures, I am waiting on an email from him with them. Will post when I get. Looking to have a fox by the end of this week.

17. Post #6017
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    I think that no one has ever appreciated your lack of respect of others. All you ever do is come here to insult people and it gets old. The first post i see you make in this place in a while is talking shit about his car.
    Apex seals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6018
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,895 Posts
    Any tricks for superficial scratches? I got a lot of them on the trunk of my CVPI when someone drove with a stack of cones on the back.

They are not deep, but I dont want to do any 'real' painting. (Or fill out a maintenance report)

19. Post #6019
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    Guiz. Opinions needed, I've got my mind made up on a foxbody, but there are so many to choose from.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3041482900.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bar/3095864294.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3079753779.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3094777608.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3027576180.html

I don't have work tomorrow, and I'm going to look at all four of these. I've got $5000 Cash in hand, so if you guys want to look around Metro detroit/surrounding citys, shoot me the Craiglist links in a PM.

Any opinions of these cars? The one with no pictures, I am waiting on an email from him with them. Will post when I get. Looking to have a fox by the end of this week.
    Number 2

GOGOGO

20. Post #6020
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    So it's settled. Gonna go try and make a deal with this guy:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3064011058.html

Garage-kept and machined engine already? Hoping for $1,5 but $1,6-8 sounds reasonable. Told my GF she has to go sweet talk the seller herself. If she gets it, I'd be so embarassed that my GF got a working 240 that looks exactly like mine and in better condition

Edited:

Dat 1992 is a good deal being the guy already somewhat replaced the aged parts. That $5000 green is also good too

21. Post #6021
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,344 Posts
    I'd say the Notchback, but unless I'm mistaken, it's the most stock, and on the more expensive side out of all the Foxbodys you posted. It better be puuuuurty.

22. Post #6022
    November 2008
    2,080 Posts
    Took a 1.5-2 hour drive (longest yet) down to a race track to race this:

Car fits my 6'4 185 pound build so well /sarc. Had a blast, my head hit the roof when I sat in it and it pushed my neck down with the helmet on, with my knees hitting the dash along with my thighs rubbing the steering wheel it was a tight fit but once it got going the only thing that crossed my mind was how to take the next corner.

At the end of the day it was 11:30 and I still had a 2 hour drive ahead of me, this was my first time driving at night and I could feel the effects of being tired but I pulled though fine.

Pulled over to take a piss and see if I could get my radio working but I couldn't so I fixed the fuse for my cigarette lighter and plugged in a phone charger and blared it from my iPod.

When I came back from taking a piss I thought that my truck looked really cool in the night so I took some pictures.

Got back at 1:30, bed time now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #6023
    November 2008
    2,527 Posts
    1993 240 or 1991 MR2? Both have 180 thousand miles on them.

The 240 is a thousand cheaper

Im new to cars.

24. Post #6024
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    >get two cars with cruise control
    >find lonley stretch of highway
    >get up to 40 in cruise control next to eachother
    >on the 3rd honk both hold the ACCEL button down
    >see who's car is faster in cruise control

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #6025
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,496 Posts

Im new to cars.
    in the end I think you'd have more fun with the 240.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #6026
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    Next summer I am changing car, atm I have just a opel corsa 1.2l because I just got license and couldn't afford anything bigger, but next summer I will change, what car would you suggest up to 1.6L ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #6027
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,373 Posts
    Next summer I am changing car, atm I have just a opel corsa 1.2l because I just got license and couldn't afford anything bigger, but next summer I will change, what car would you suggest up to 1.6L ?
    VW Golf maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #6028
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    You're trying to make a Nissan Altima look good - don't even bother.
    Nissan Altimas look good stock... I think it is stupid to try and do anything to them.

Picture of the new Altima... Hard to say it doesn't look sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #6029
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Apex seals.
    What do you drive, anyway? Must be junk if you take it out on everyone else and don't ever even mention yours.

And my Apex seals have done 160 thousand extremely hard miles without so much as an accessory failure, let alone internal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6030
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts

Im new to cars.
    They're both good cars. To tell you the truth I was looking for an MR2 as well when I was looking for my second car.

I ended up on a 240 for the price and accessibility. It has more aftermarket parts than the MR2 and easier to fix

31. Post #6031
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    speaking of nissans, i drove my dad's 350z today for the first time. i'm going to be disappointed going back to my xterra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

32. Post #6032
    December 2009
    654 Posts

33. Post #6033
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,466 Posts

i hit 14psi in cruise

ye buddy

34. Post #6034
    July 2008
    604 Posts
    Was at the French Car show last week. Here's a select few photos from the ones I took.

I also chose the picture of the truck because that's what americans love right.?...
    Took this at the travel lodge car park the night before

mine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #6035
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts

when my map sensor (on my MAF ecu) was disconnected and I would accel in cruise control mode, the ecu stumbled for a sec or two then went wot and boosted like a mofo... fun times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #6036
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    What do you drive, anyway? Must be junk if you take it out on everyone else and don't ever even mention yours.
    I drive a 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass, and I know its a piece of shit. I won't deny the fact that it's a piece of shit.

Still, IIRC my car gets to 60 in about the same time yours does. Also four doors for more whores.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #6037
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/460087...1500-firm.html

This is a freaking good deal y/n? Ancient 240 that is in somewhat average condition. No dings, motor needs tune up

38. Post #6038
    June 2007
    540 Posts

Im new to cars.
    Personally, I'd take the MR2 because it's got the mid-engine layout and looks better to my eye, but the 240 has advantages as well. I think it's more personal preference than anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #6039
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    no response from the guy yet about this stuff :(

he literally has the best bug for 100 miles around (in terms of what I can afford that is)

40. Post #6040
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    Why? I find that the front end of pre 87 mustangs look bad, and why go for an LX when you could get a GT with more options?