1. Post #7241
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    my experiences with head units

take old one out, take the new one and plug in 2 connectors plus antenna and voila

Edited:

this doesn't include doing the wiring for rear speakers and shit which was a 5 minute job anway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #7242
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,425 Posts
    someone pls pay for my speeding ticket
    Pay for my german speeding tickets, I think I have four or five by now. I just hope none make it back to my base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #7243
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,878 Posts
    The audio stuff should be fine.. I think.. I'll have to contact DPKiller for more info. Then, next week I'm off to go buy a new set of tires. Hooah. Then, after that, I'll be going to the junk yard to get some door hinges to replace the spring on my passenger door.

4. Post #7244
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,372 Posts
    I've only ever been pulled over once by taking a corner too fast. Heart sank when I rounded the corner to see a police car do a three point turn behind me, I honestly thought I was going to lose my license.

All the cameras are turned off in my town now though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #7245
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,388 Posts
    I've only ever been pulled over once by taking a corner too fast. Heart sank when I rounded the corner to see a police car do a three point turn behind me, I honestly thought I was going to lose my license.

All the cameras are turned off in my town now though
    Unless you engaged full drift mode around a corner or completely went out of lane you can't be pulled over for taking it to fast, As long as you stay in your lane and don't drift theres no reason to be pulled over for taking a turn too fast

6. Post #7246
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    Well.. If his too fast is like mine, you could probably hear tortured tires. When that is the case, I think it's considered reckless driving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #7247
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,388 Posts
    Well.. If his too fast is like mine, you could probably hear tortured tires. When that is the case, I think it's considered reckless driving.
    Grand prix when it takes turns one of the tires will screech a bit, never seemed to have an issue with that. Honestly cop pulls me over for it i'll just be like sorry didn't mean to take it that fast and if he writes me a ticket if you know you didn't seriously do wreckelss driving just go to court try to get it reduced to nothing or removed. Or not just pay it

Honestly the two times i got pulled over were for taking off too fast from a stop sign. I responded with "Sorry didn't know there was a law against getting to the speed limit too fast" and then the cop says "There isn't, just don't stomp on the gas from a stop sign" and he says have a good day i move on. Generally just say sorry and just admit don't fight the shit, if you did it pay it get over it don't waste your time and the cops time. Most of the time you admit the shit the cop won't give you a ticket just a warning and a shake up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #7248
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,336 Posts
    My tires squeal on paint lines, cross walks, etc.

Sounds like I hit a dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #7249
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,649 Posts
    200 miles on my rebuilt engine

whoo hoo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #7250

November 2009
    15,878 Posts
    $105 later.. I have my new headunit and the things needed to make it work - bought. (only paid for the head unit)

11. Post #7251
    November 2008
    2,080 Posts
    I went to the doctor, and... He says it can't be cured, it will be with me forever. After some examination he has determined that I have the... Dodge fever.

It struck for the third time today, first was my truck, then my dad, and now?

ANOTHER DART

(I had the other matching cragar rim.

1969 Dodge Dart, nicknamed "That 70's car", to be used as a parts car/to be parted out.

318, new edel intake and brand new weber carb (4 barrel, vaccuum secondary) I may switch it to a 750 DP for fun though. Has some headers and magnarust/rust master or whatever mufflers, one is kinda ok while the other has a hole, I'll be taking them off so it will be open headers. The differential needs to be fixed in it, shitty 7 1/4 but I have 3 spares so it's taken care of. Has a B&M V-Matic ratchet shifter that was originally messed up but we managed to fix it, we put an old screwdriver handle on top so it's sort of a pistol grip now since the guy took the T handle when we bought it.

It's a fun car, makes me smile when I see it. I wouldn't mind terrorizing the neighborhood for a month with it.

Edited:

Forgot to mention, I bought it for $800 and it came with that $400 hood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #7252
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    If my tires don't squeal when I make a sharp turn, I won't be satisfied
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #7253
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    If my tires don't squeal when I make a sharp turn, I won't be satisfied
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #7254
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,052 Posts
    Oh god.

Dad hit one of these fuckers:

And here's my Golf in the rain with its cancer covered in plastic

I suddenly got much more to do :|

But as always in Norway: rainrainrainrainrainrainrainrain so it all has to be delayed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

15. Post #7255
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,425 Posts
    Oh god.

Dad hit one of these fuckers:

And here's my Golf in the rain with it's cancer covered in plastic

I suddenly got much more to do :|

But as always in Norway: rainrainrainrainrainrainrainrain so it all has to be delayed
    Nice classic golf. you should come down to germany and we can go crusing around in my scriocco, when it gets out of the shop.

16. Post #7256
    March 2008
    10,052 Posts
    Nice classic golf. you should come down to germany and we can go crusing around in my scriocco, when it gets out of the shop.
    It's not very nice now though

Full of rust spots, some rust holes, some dents, tons of scratches ect

;_;

17. Post #7257
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    car's in the shop finally.

kinda

they haven't found a door yet

18. Post #7258
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,265 Posts
    Doing my first driving lesson later on today. Studying for theory at the moment as well. Bit nervous. Also has anyone driven a Mazda rx8 on here? Is it a good car? How's maintenance on them in the UK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #7259
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    Opinions on this door?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Hand-Dr...ht_1128wt_1166

Is the rust too bad? Should I look elsewhere?

20. Post #7260
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts

*facepalm*

This... this dude tried mudding, in a 2wd truck, with road tires, in really thick mud. You can't see it, but the other side is in mud past the center of the wheel.

I had to pull this bumfuck out, because his buddy in a dodge ram (which was ALSO 2wd) couldn't get traction :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #7261
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    I could understand getting stuck but even trying to go mudding in a 2wd with incorrect tires is asking for getting stuck

Edited:

someone help me out. the door I posted is for a 1992 it says but does not explicitly state it is compatible for a 1996 (so my body shop says) and so they won't buy it. I know it will work because it is from the same generation. how do I best explain this

22. Post #7262
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    -fuckyouimspiderman-

23. Post #7263
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    it's not just four bolts, I have frame damage too, the pillar is bent ever so slightly and the door doesn't sit flush anymore

24. Post #7264
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    it's not just four bolts, I have frame damage too, the pillar is bent ever so slightly and the door doesn't sit flush anymore
    oh. okay.

25. Post #7265
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,085 Posts
    plus I can't paint the door myself

I'll do small mechanical things myself but body work is probably best reserved for a body shop. as I get better with mechanical stuff we'll see

26. Post #7266
    March 2008
    10,052 Posts
    I just made this:

It's a bit modified piece of lyrics from a song about Beetles I found

I'm gonna have dad make that in white tape and have it in the rear window of my Beetle :')

27. Post #7267
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,649 Posts
    Since I replaced the battery with a fresh one, I had crazy ass power fluctuations. Sometimes the alternator would work, but most of the time it wouldn't. At first I thought this was the battery but after testing it, the battery wasn't the issue.

Driving in traffic today, it got down to 11.5V when usually it would hover at 12 after the E fan kicked in. Tested it with a voltmeter, alt did absolutely nothing. I was afraid by this time that I had to throw ANOTHER 400 bucks at it to replace the bad alternator.

Checked the back of the alt and it turns out the first mechanic left the ground on the alt completely loose.

Tightened it up and
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #7268

November 2009
    15,878 Posts
    Now that I ordered this audio equipment.. I think its time to get to the doors. Looks like on thursday I'll go to the junk yard to pull a few select door parts.

29. Post #7269
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,104 Posts
    -dumbfuck-

*facepalm*

This... this dude tried mudding, in a 2wd truck, with road tires, in really thick mud. You can't see it, but the other side is in mud past the center of the wheel.

I had to pull this bumfuck out, because his buddy in a dodge ram (which was ALSO 2wd) couldn't get traction :\
    Is it just the way he has his wheels turned or does his toe-in look really off?

I got my car back. New gaskets everywhere. All the valves had to be adjusted and still need to be re-adjusted (probably did it warm because they tap when hot) and a new rotor and cap are in the mail.
    I step on the gas pedal after I get int he car and HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS ACCELERATING.
    Man, that head must of been really bad. Now all that's left is a new O2 sensor and I should be cookin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

30. Post #7270
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Driving to my dad's today to check up on him from his accident. He got rear ended from a 2 ton truck.
    Poor brand new Nissan Sentra might be totaled.

Almost got to his house alarm went off, PLEASE ADD COOLANT TO ME. So I did.
    On the way back home alarm went off, PLEASE ADD COLLANT TO ME. So I did.

I looked under the car and a constant drip of water from the side of the water pump/thermostat.
    I'm 20% Positive it is a hose.

Only tomorrow will tell when I take off the bumper and core support. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

31. Post #7271
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    -feel like dick snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #7272
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I... i just got some horrible news, men.

My girlfriend is dying.

She has anemia, and her spleen is bleeding internally. She wouldn't survive the surgery, she's too weak.

Once i get word on what hospital she is in, i'm driving 300 miles to georgia to be with her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21 (list)

33. Post #7273
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,649 Posts

My girlfriend is dying.

She has anemia, and her spleen is bleeding internally. She wouldn't survive the surgery, she's too weak.

Once i get word on what hospital she is in, i'm driving 300 miles to georgia to be with her.
    That's horrible, I couldn't imagine something like that happening to someone I love.

I'm here for you man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

34. Post #7274
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    The cherry on the fucking cake is that i know my blazer wont make it, it's too old and wore out. I can't be happy. My best friend died in afghanistan, now my fiance is being taken away from me. I don't understand what i've done in my life to deserve this misery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

35. Post #7275
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts

My girlfriend is dying.

Oh man. I can only imagine the feeling if my GF was taken away from me.

I will pray for her. Be strong and don't be mad at anyone, just be there for her. I know my GF always has low iron levels so I know the feeling. She gets dizzy/sick rather quickly if she does anything too strenuous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #7276
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Thanks guys, that really helped shibian.

I just called her to hear her voice, she's going to get a blood transfusion and it'll hopefully strengthen her enough to get her spleen removed.

Edited:

The poor girl is lucky enough to be alive as it is. She has a heart murmur and a hole in it.

37. Post #7277
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,574 Posts
    I was going to post about how mad I am at my mother for what she did to my car when I loaned it to her, but hearing what is happening with your girlfriend really gives you a new appreciation for family. I give my family a lot of shit, and some days I think I'd be better off without them, but I know I couldn't function without them.

I hope you can get down to see her soon, I can't imagine what you're going through right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #7278
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Max, I'm sorry to hear about your gf.
    If I was anywhere near you I would give you keys. Hell I believe anyone here would.

Just go and be with her...

39. Post #7279
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,425 Posts
    Max, I'm sorry to hear about your gf.
    If I was anywhere near you I would give you keys. Hell I believe anyone here would.

Just go and be with her...
    Dude also my heart goes out to you too, I can't imagine what would happen if something happened to the one I love and I'm an ocean away in germany. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #7280
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    Best of luck to her, Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events