1. Post #7641
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,554 Posts

Did a walkaround...

I wish my exhaust wasn't quiet stock shit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #7642
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    that feel when you're changing oil, and when you take the plug out the oil goes everywhere but the drip pan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #7643
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,092 Posts
    Got my insurance renewal notice in the mail. They want my car to go in for emission testing again otherwise they won't let me insure my car. Fuck off. I really don't want to replace the O2 sensor and pay another shitty $75 for your stupid testing. You aren't even going to continue it for another two years.

Edited:

Not all states are required to notify drivers of the cameras in the intersection. I forget which ones though.
    I got fucking flashed by one of these last night.
    I turned RIGHT on a stale yellow in an empty intersection that did not state when you were not allowed to turn right and it fucking flashed me anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

4. Post #7644
    November 2008
    1,952 Posts
    So I've priced out all my dart shit and after I sell everything I should have a profit of around $1700, and still have a $400 hood and $300 doors. Pretty happy with buying this old hunk eh junk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

5. Post #7645
    November 2010
    870 Posts
    Well I decided not to go for the 2013 V6, because I found a 98' Cobra SVT ;p
    so your passing on a brand new v6 mustang with 305 hp and 280ft/lbs and 31 mpg or 29 mpg and weights 3500lbs for a 305 hp and 300 lbf·ft rated at 23 mpg highway and weights 3400lbs
    price? or insurance rates?

Edited:

that feel when you're changing oil, and when you take the plug out the oil goes everywhere but the drip pan
    warm....yum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #7646
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,554 Posts
    so your passing on a brand new v6 mustang with 305 hp and 280ft/lbs and 31 mpg or 29 mpg and weights 3500lbs for a 305 hp and 300 lbf·ft rated at 23 mpg highway and weights 3400lbs
    He talked to me about it, he said price, plus the cobra has a modified engine. More bang for your buck.

7. Post #7647
    November 2010
    870 Posts
    He talked to me about it, he said price, plus the cobra has a modified engine. More bang for your buck.
    now that i understand.

8. Post #7648
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts

Edited:

warm....yum
    >implying you'd ever get a v6 junkstang over a cobra ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #7649
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,390 Posts
    It's always great when it's windy and soon as it starts to slow down the oil just gives a nice stream all over you and the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #7650
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,554 Posts
    Though it puts out 100 more hp than your v8 :p

The engine on the SVT Cobra, which is a 1998 has a nice list of mods, even though it looks rather crappy. And it is relatively cheap compared to the brand new 2013 V6 mustang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #7651
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,422 Posts
    Though it puts out 100 more hp than your v8 :p

The engine on the SVT Cobra, which is a 1998 has a nice list of mods, even though it looks rather crappy. And it is relatively cheap compared to the brand new 2013 V6 mustang.
    yeah plus with insurance my and monthly payment would be $743. The car payment it self is 475. My friend is paying 425 for a 2011 GT. And when I finish I would pay overall $38,000 for a V6. No thanks

12. Post #7652
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,724 Posts
    Accidents follow me.

I was the passenger in a hit and run - that is, my friend backed out of a parking spot into another car just now, and he drove off. With me in the passenger seat.

I don't know what I should do. The other car appeared to be fine, but that doesn't mean it is. Should I turn him in, or should I be a bro and let it slide?

13. Post #7653
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    oh mighty mighty mighty...

when will you ever accept the new v6's are nice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

14. Post #7654
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,244 Posts
    After way too much time, the brakes have been changed.

They are fucking done. and to celebrate I got a serious case of the fuck-its when putting away the air hose:

Now that all that is done, I saw that my rotors needed replaced.. so thats next
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #7655
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    my friends got a 99 jimmy and its so problematic

16. Post #7656

November 2009
    15,244 Posts
    my friends got a 99 jimmy and its so problematic
    ok quick rant here because half my stupidity and half Chevy's stupidity

TOOK ME FOREVER BEFORE I FOUND THE RIGHT SOCKET SIZE, 18 MM. WHO THE FUCK USES 18MM AS A SOCKET SIZE. MY SOCKET SET DIDNT EVEN HAVE AN 18MM - IT WENT 16MM 17MM 19MM. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.

18MM

NOT 11/16, 3/4 OR EVEN 19MM. 18. FUCKING. MILLIMETERS.

AMERICAN CAR, METRIC SIZE BOLTS.

17. Post #7657
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,148 Posts

Got done giving it little bit of love and then gonna pop that hood tomorrow and give myself all day to make a nice monster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #7658
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,068 Posts
    I hate working at Autozone. Selling overpriced Mexican/Chinese Duracrap brands.

Most of the people are just car plebians that treat their car simply as a means of transportation. Driving to them is a menial, boring, monotonous, drab everyday experience and their attitudes show it. They're really rude to my other co-workers and to me. Hurts me cause I actually care and want them to buy the highest-quality car parts instead of the shit ones.

One lady just handed a post-it note to my face
    "I want everything on this list!"
    "Ok, it says on this computer I have your car's sparkplugs, but I would suggest purchasing the NGK brand sparkplugs. They're made in Japan, are marked as Iridiums and generally last longer than USA Autolites."
    "NO. I want what's on the list!"

Basically plebians like them and the other plebians that buy DIY parts like batteries/oil/lightbulbs and don't know how to put them on. Here's Shiban bolting on battery terminals on some Jetta or pulling out a busted battery from a Chevrolet Suburban. The Suburban actually had a dead rat smooshed under the battery......

Got done giving it little bit of love and then gonna pop that hood tomorrow and give myself all day to make a nice monster.
    Is dat a supercharger? dayum son
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #7659
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    ok quick rant here because half my stupidity and half Chevy's stupidity

TOOK ME FOREVER BEFORE I FOUND THE RIGHT SOCKET SIZE, 18 MM. WHO THE FUCK USES 18MM AS A SOCKET SIZE. MY SOCKET SET DIDNT EVEN HAVE AN 18MM - IT WENT 16MM 17MM 19MM. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.

18MM

NOT 11/16, 3/4 OR EVEN 19MM. 18. FUCKING. MILLIMETERS.

AMERICAN CAR, METRIC SIZE BOLTS.
    Everything has been made with metric bolts since around ~1981. This includes American cars.

An 11/16" would have fit as well, but rather snugly if I remember right.

18mm is a very common size. 16mm isn't. Tool logic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #7660
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    It's always great when it's windy and soon as it starts to slow down the oil just gives a nice stream all over you and the ground.
    Yeah, except we didnt think it would happen. Instead of just leaking out, it pretty much burst out and sprayed everywhere. Even worse is that my dad's apartment complex (we did it there) doesn't allow oil changes. There's now a giant motor oil spot on a parking spot, with drops of motor oil leading to my dad's garage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #7661

November 2009
    15,244 Posts
    Everything has been made with metric bolts since around ~1981. This includes American cars.

An 11/16" would have fit as well, but rather snugly if I remember right.

18mm is a very common size. 16mm isn't. Tool logic.
    Not for these things. Trust me, we tried it all. However, I now own almost every size metric bolt socket possible.

22. Post #7662
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    did you open the filler cap before opening the drain plug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #7663
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,422 Posts
    oh mighty mighty mighty...

when will you ever accept the new v6's are nice?
    The new new are pretty good, but the fact still remains at the end of the day you have a V6 and an automatic. I was willing to go V6 with a stick, but I can't fully grasp having a V6 I need that V8 power. ;p

24. Post #7664
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    did you open the filler cap before opening the drain plug
    Nope

It only burst on my dad's Chevy van. On my car, we did the exact same things and it just leaked out as normal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #7665
    November 2008
    1,952 Posts
    I ain't diggin the red on that supercharger, black would have been sick IMO but to each there own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #7666
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    One of my classfriends got like 1 liter of oil in his face and shirt when opening the plug from a bogie

The oil shot out in a nice arc right at him. Worst part was that GL-5 LS isn't exactly the best smelling oil
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #7667
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,148 Posts
    I ain't diggin the red on that supercharger, black would have been sick IMO but to each there own.
    Well I painted it that red simply because the other "accent" in my engine bay are that color, the rest, like the valve covers are going to be black.

Urg the weather is up to "Do I rain or not?" so I have no clues if I should begin my journey or no. Either way have to let the car sit a couple hours since I had to go to the shop buy myself some thread sealant and a spark plug gaper. Gapped my plugs to 0.052.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #7668
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    The new new are pretty good, but the fact still remains at the end of the day you have a V6 and an automatic. I was willing to go V6 with a stick, but I can't fully grasp having a V6 I need that V8 power. ;p
    At the end of the day it's also a v6 with over 300 horsepower

Edited:

Having a v8 is nice but power is all that matters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #7669
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,359 Posts
    At the end of the day it's also a v6 with over 300 horsepower

Edited:

Having a v8 is nice but power is all that matters
    exactly, it's all that matters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #7670
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,724 Posts
    Who says you can't have fun with an automatic? Even with 300 horses?

31. Post #7671
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,931 Posts
    Who says you can't have fun with an automatic? Even with 300 horses?
    Oh, you most definitely can. My friend has a BMW 335d making 360hp and 510ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. It's the gnarliest automatic I've ever ridden in, apart from a fully built auto 3000gt VR6 that kept blowing up manual transmissions. The BMW is such a rad car though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #7672
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,322 Posts
    Drove my Toyota down to Sarasota this week.

Because the steering is out of alignment, I can hold the steering wheel straight up and the car will follow the swooping left turns perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #7673
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,724 Posts
    How do you hold a circle straight up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #7674
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,931 Posts
    Oh, you most definitely can. My friend has a BMW 335d making 360hp and 510ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. It's the gnarliest automatic I've ever ridden in, apart from a fully built auto 3000gt VR6 that kept blowing up manual transmissions. The BMW is such a rad car though.
    Also, why doesn't MightyMad have any sense of pride? I'm tired of his passive-aggressive rating spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #7675
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    I went in an filled out paperwork, and now officially work at Tommy Hilfiger. My first job, I can't wait to spend money ricing my car out.

36. Post #7676
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,931 Posts
    I went in an filled out paperwork, and now officially work at Tommy Hilfiger. My first job, I can't wait to spend money ricing my car out.
    Awesome dude, good for you. Do you have a lot of expenses, or can you put all the money into your car?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #7677
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,724 Posts
    Also, why doesn't MightyMad have any sense of pride? I'm tired of his passive-aggressive rating spam.
    There are several people in this thread whose ratings I just ignore because they're stupid cunts.

Put a huge wing on your car so it can be the plane it's always wanted to be

Bonus points for Bondo'd body kit and fart can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #7678
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    Awesome dude, good for you. Do you have a lot of expenses, or can you put all the money into your car?
    I live at home with my parents, so i pretty much don't have many expenses. My mom has been buying my car from my aunt for me(I'm extremely grateful), and will expect me to help pay for that and perhaps some insurance now that i'm working, but nothing other than that. I'm going to start with some new tires(the fronts are on their last leg, with no grip left at all and hardly any tread) for my steels, and then new rotors(warped) in the front with some new pads, and shoes for the horrid drums in the back. Stuff my car needs.

39. Post #7679
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,931 Posts
    I live at home with my parents, so i pretty much don't have many expenses. My mom has been buying my car from my aunt for me(I'm extremely grateful), and will expect me to help pay for that and perhaps some insurance now that i'm working, but nothing other than that. I'm going to start with some new tires(the fronts are on their last leg, with no grip left at all and hardly any tread) for my steels, and then new rotors(warped) in the front with some new pads, and shoes for the horrid drums in the back. Stuff my car needs.
    That's good, at least you're taking care of the maintenance first. I've made the mistake of putting wants before needs with cars before and regretted it.

40. Post #7680
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Oh god i rated you a 16x16 pixel image under your name call the police OH THE HUMANITY

Rainbows. Serious business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)