1. Post #8481
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts
    Ah yeah probably, didn't think about that
    I'm not like a VW expert or even knowledgeable so don't take my word for it, but the wiki article says that the Mk4 was a damn good car compared to its competition while the Mk3 not so much so they must have improved a lot of stuff. I guess insurance views the Mk4 as less of a liability and hence charges less
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #8482
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,900 Posts
    From what I've heard the Mk3 Golf was the worst one ever when it comes to rust at least

My dad's friend had one that was in really good shape, but then he noticed the floor was wet so he pulled out the carpet to let it dry and there was no floor underneath. It was all gone because of rust
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8483
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,590 Posts
    school is starting for me soon and i'm actually excited

purely because i will be driving by the end of february

oh and i took my wallet with me to a friends house last night. i never went to sleep and don't remember taking my wallet out of my pocket but after half-dozing off for 30 minutes i realized i had no idea where my wallet was, and that had my permit in it

fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #8484
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,664 Posts
    Don't tell anyone..
    But i've maybe gotten my hand on a rare twin-screw supercharger for my G60 Corrado..
    Only a handfull of them are in europe..
    http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/p...PERCHARGER_KIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #8485
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    Did an estimate on what purchasing and renovating the 300zx might cost.
    3787$+
    But then again I saw a renovated one in "okay" condition went for 6058$, so I could make a profit.
    (The weird values are due to a direct conversion from Swedish Kronor.)
    What do you guys think?
    Is it worth it?
    Here's the ad.

And here it is horribly translated. (Not much info in the text though.)
    http://translate.google.com/translat...3D3%26last%3D1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #8486
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Man, I love this job already and I haven't even finished training and it's only been two days since I've started working

I've learned so much the past two days, I know quite a bit about how cars work now and the names of parts in cars. I can actually understand what some of you talk about now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #8487
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,031 Posts
    What do you guys think of this?

It's a diesel powered sports car, produces 430bhp as well as 950lb ft of torque from less than 3,250rpm.
    0 - 62 in 3,7 secs

I think it's awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8488
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,590 Posts
    school is starting for me soon and i'm actually excited

purely because i will be driving by the end of february

oh and i took my wallet with me to a friends house last night. i never went to sleep and don't remember taking my wallet out of my pocket but after half-dozing off for 30 minutes i realized i had no idea where my wallet was, and that had my permit in it

fuck
    3:11 PM - Kermit: we can't find it

fuck

it's $50 to replace these bastards too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #8489
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,762 Posts
    Did an estimate on what purchasing and renovating the 300zx might cost.
    3787$+
    But then again I saw a renovated one in "okay" condition went for 6058$, so I could make a profit.
    (The weird values are due to a direct conversion from Swedish Kronor.)
    What do you guys think?
    Is it worth it?
    Here's the ad.
    Can't read the ad :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #8490
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,946 Posts
    Cheap alternatives to a jack stand? Would big blocks of wood be safe? I need to safely put my head under the car without it being decapitated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #8491
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,449 Posts
    Yeah definitely, I know someone who does that kind of shit all the time!

I wouldn't personally use wood as a jackstand, I suppose it would be better than nothing but I've always heard to slide your wheels under the car whenever you take them off incase the car comes down. It would probably be better than nothing and I'd leave the jack doing most the work still.

If you're just checking something out real quick you should be fine but I wouldn't personally wench on anything with only a jack holding up a car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #8492
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    i'm 12 years old and what is this

13. Post #8493
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    i'm 12 years old and what is this
    (User was banned for this post ("underage poster" - admin))

i remember that happening to me on some game when i said that one time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #8494
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,503 Posts

its like the saddest thing ive ever seen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

15. Post #8495
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Cheap alternatives to a jack stand? Would big blocks of wood be safe? I need to safely put my head under the car without it being decapitated.
    Drive up onto blocks.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #8496
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    913 Posts
    For $20 you can get yourself a nice pair of jack stands. That's not a very high price for your life. Now, they may not be the sort I would trust under a truck but for any car they will work fine. No company wants do deal with that lawsuit and recall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #8497
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    or drive up onto a curb opening.

Edited:

nnniinnjaaasss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8498
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    845 Posts
    I wouldn't personally use wood as a jackstand, I suppose it would be better than nothing but I've always heard to slide your wheels under the car whenever you take them off incase the car comes down. It would probably be better than nothing and I'd leave the jack doing most the work still.
    I only use wood blocks. Definitely don't use bricks or cinder blocks, they have a tendency to fail without warning but a solid wood block will always be plainly obvious when it is failing and realistically won't fail unless the wood has rotted (and if the wood is PT, even if left outside, it will take a very long time for the wood to rot)

I've jacked up my 2500 pickup and put it down on wood blocks, my Bug is currently all 4 wheels on wood blocks and has been for a couple days (with me underneath it). Personally, I trust wood blocks more than I trust jack stands or anything else. Obviously you shouldn't put the whole weight of your car on a plain 2x4 but pretty much any block of PT 3x3 or bigger will support a lot of weight, i've got 4 blocks of PT probably 6"x12" that I pretty much use all the time to set cars and shit on.

19. Post #8499
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,946 Posts
    Thanks, I'll be changing my oil in a few months time and have nothing to use. My dad does DIY and all that so I'll try and go for Concur's idea, my Dad should be able to cut me some wood like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #8500
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,762 Posts

That is kinda sad. My friend just bought one of those.
    74? Lincoln Continental MarkII
    Him pull up with the lights on, gets out and here we are looking at the car.
    All of a sudden the driver side eye opens, followed by the passenger side eye.
    We shat bricks.

His boat with my boat.

21. Post #8501
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,590 Posts
    are you the one who posted these wonderful pictures

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #8502
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,762 Posts
    are you the one who posted these wonderful pictures
    : pictures I took awhile ago:
    Well yes. I'm acculy waiting on a friend and I to get together and re-take those Using my Canon T3i
    I think I used my HTC One X to take those...

Ohh and if your friends see it on your Facebook and want to do it too.

Copy cats.

23. Post #8503
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,593 Posts
    Talking to Valon Kyre about mopars again, and he brought up the suggestion of a turbo slant six after I showed him a 73 duster with a slant six
    Video of turbo slant six:

I think its super badass.

24. Post #8504
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,469 Posts

An accident like that happened around my town about 30 years ago. Everyone died in the crash and the car was a total lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #8505
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,590 Posts
    Well yes. I'm acculy waiting on a friend and I to get together and re-take those Using my Canon T3i
    I think I used my HTC One X to take those...
    they are my new rotating wallpaper on my laptop/desktop

<3 beetle

Edited:

oh and your car is pretty too!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

26. Post #8506
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,762 Posts
    they are my new rotating wallpaper on my laptop/desktop

<3 beetle

Edited:

oh and your car is pretty too!
    Cant wait until I cant get my cabby into that pic.

Soon.....

27. Post #8507
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    That feel when you can tell your car really needs a trans fluid change, but you won't have the time to do it for a week or so.

28. Post #8508
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    Bradley keep asking for a vidya and I don't have time.
    but I happened to have my camera so I created a quick proof/trailer of what is to come lolll

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #8509
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,469 Posts
    dat radio brightness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #8510
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    dat radio brightness
    That's nothing, my radio is infamous for its brightness, it doesnt dim when you turn on the lights, and its bright in the daytime.

31. Post #8511
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,778 Posts
    What do you guys think of this?

It's a diesel powered sports car, produces 430bhp as well as 950lb ft of torque from less than 3,250rpm.
    0 - 62 in 3,7 secs

I think it's awesome.
    The Norfolk company claims that at a constant 70mph the Iceni's engine spins at just 980rpm, at which point it will return 68.9mpg. The car has a range of 2,000 miles on one tank of fuel, which could be bio diesel, palm oil or linseed oil.
    aslkasjdf;la

32. Post #8512
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,946 Posts
    I wish mine was that bright, I can hardly see the little screen on it and there's no brightness adjustment.

Edited:

I'm not a big fan of diesels in general, but whoa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #8513
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    I wish mine was that bright, I can hardly see the little screen on it and there's no brightness adjustment.
    I wish mine worked.

34. Post #8514
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,085 Posts
    Why is it on a Thursday night people have nothing better to do than pester Autozone employees.

I swear this one guy was trying to buy a battery without his wallet. He was all screaming and cussing trying to get a free $200 battery. We don't get payed enough for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

35. Post #8515
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    fml

front left brake caliper sticking

$800 repair bill

thx

Edited:

i fucking hate people

thanks for being dickholes <3

36. Post #8516
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    i feel like everyone in AA takes their car to a shop instead of fixing it by own
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8517
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    i feel like everyone in AA takes their car to a shop instead of fixing it by own
    I don't have jackstands, or a flat driveway, or a flat street, or a garage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #8518
    November 2008
    2,009 Posts
    So I was researching double wishbone front suspension (thinking of making my own for the dart) and I stumbled upon this... abomination.

Maybe you guys have seen it before but I haven't, what a weird truck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

39. Post #8519
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,413 Posts
    holy tachometer

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

40. Post #8520
    November 2008
    2,009 Posts
    Aaaaaaarrrrrrrg, it's fucking PERFECT

http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ405056514

1969 (grille is 69) Chev Short Box with the 5 bolt pattern, $400 flipping dollars and it looks like it is great for rust, fuck. My dad had the same truck in highschool but it was a '68, I am going to bargain my ass off with my parents for this, if I can get $3000 for my truck then I can have this truck looking really nice. Calling the guy tomorrow, hopefully my dad doesn't shoot my hopes down, it's 10 hours away which is my main problem but I would gladly drive that far.

Can't. Fucking. Sleep. Pop the 350 in it (if it was a small block truck) that I have lying around and maybe the turbo 350 trans also, primer black and I'm good to go. Dad had a 454 and it was primer for the most of its life so it would be pretty close.

Edited:

Appears to be a CST/10 (Top of the line trim) so there is a good chance of it being a v8 truck, would explains the missing engine as the inline 6's arnt too sought after
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events