1. Post #4121
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,360 Posts
    Alright, so I've been addicted to Project CARS. Basically its the best racing game to ever be made so far, it will triumph over Gran Turismo. And since you can actually give track data to developers, it influences them to want and make that track for the game. Right now, I'm collecting data for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, so that it can be accurately represented in the game. And since they have both current and historic tracks, I am going to be painstakingly mapping what it is now, for the new data. And then gather old race info on Pikes Peak back in 1985, when the Audi Quattro broke the world record. Which may also put the car in the game.

When my car is complete, I am going to be making multiple videos up and down while calculating speed and milage between turns and stuff like that. I will also be pulling over a lot to measure track widths and things like that in the turns. Will be a fun summer for sure.

Edited:

Gotta pageking it with some bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

2. Post #4122
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,499 Posts
    Is it strange to name your car? Is it even more stranger to name it after a video game character?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

3. Post #4123
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,826 Posts
    Is it strange to name your car? Is it even more stranger to name it after a video game character?
    Nope. Is it strange to have sexual relation's with your vehicle? Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4124
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,064 Posts
    for a average monte carlo that isn't rare nor fast? fuck no. unless its like your dream car and this is the best deal ever

i rambled a lot
    Dale Earnhardt was my favorite racer, His style was I win you loose. No one is better then him and if he doesn't get in first he lost just like the person in last place.

There were three made in 2001 before he died in the accident in which they were going to produce them for 2002. They made only 3333 of the Dale Editions in 2002 (Referencing his number 3)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4125
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    That kinda sounds like he was a douche. He didn't accept what he received.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4126
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts
    redacted

7. Post #4127
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,064 Posts
    That kinda sounds like he was a douche. He didn't accept what he received.
    Not really, He just had a true racing mentality. If you race and have doubt about winning then you arn't racing your just driving. He didn't race to try to get to first. He raced to be number one. He was still one of the nicest people to be around.

8. Post #4128
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    I've never saw another racer that was all like "NOP LOL NOT GOOD ENOUGH".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #4129
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,064 Posts
    I've never saw another racer that was all like "NOP LOL NOT GOOD ENOUGH".
    He wasn't NOPE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, he was more "I didn't win".

10. Post #4130
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    every time I fill up

my car feels slower

):
    every time i fill up the gas slowly drips out till i have 3/4 of a tank left
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #4131
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,805 Posts
    Every time I fill up my wallet gets lighter.

Last fill was 85 :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4132
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts
    Every time I fill up.. I've never had enough money to fill up my car. The most i have ever put in was $20, but it's usually $5-$10 at a time.

13. Post #4133
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,429 Posts
    it gets too heavy if you fill it all the way anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #4134
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts
    Yeah i get better fuel economy this way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4135
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,088 Posts
    My friend named his 240 fastbutt, Delilah. Why? I have no idea.

He went ahead and Photoshopped 'Delilah' on a picture of it and put it as his FB timeline picture. I don't know what to call mine. A car?

16. Post #4136
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,499 Posts
    Is it strange to have sexual relation's with your vehicle? Yes.
    Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

17. Post #4137
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    i pour gas on my engine so instead of air intake it has gas fume intake

makes for some serious revs n shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #4138
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,805 Posts
    "The egg on wheels" or "The living room on wheels" are what I call my car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #4139
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    "The egg on wheels" or "The living room on wheels" are what I call my car
    I had a car like that for about 24 hours.

It was an 88 Oldsmoblile Regency Brougham. Shit was like a couch on wheels. Was a complete piece of shit under the hood though - suspension was dead and the engine was smoking.

20. Post #4140
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Fucking Ad for the Monte Carlo Dale Edition was surpose to be taken down but the poster forgot, So now I have to move to the last one publically I can find for sale which is in Washington. I'd have to pay nearly 1,000 to get it shipped from there to my house. Other option is do the cost of a plane ticket and gas for coast to coast literally. (Coast line of WA to westchester county). Tipped the dealer an Email saying hey I'm in new york, Whats the status on that car and if its for sale I want it.

Road trip sounds fun but is it worth it.
    why? it's an FF monte carlo, the car meant to be FR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4141
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    Yeah I know you like it and that's fine, that's what matters, but after looking it up the SS has a 3.8 V6 doing 0-60 in 8.6 seconds and it's FWD. that's awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #4142
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    i can't name mine because I can't decide :<

23. Post #4143
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    I really want to buy a minivan, tear the seats out and put a couch or waterbed in that motherfucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #4144
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,856 Posts

u mirin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4145
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    yeah im mirin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4146
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,600 Posts
    I really want to buy a minivan, tear the seats out and put a couch or waterbed in that motherfucker.
    Not a minivan...

One of those big vans, or better yet, a station wagon.

Clarkson put a waterbed in the back of a volvo SW in the teenage car challange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #4147
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    Back in 9th grade me and my friends wanted to buy like an 80s cheap work van and do the interior with shag carpet, speakers and like lazy boys and paint on the outside a picture of a wizard and call it the Metal Machine

That dream is still here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4148
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    Everyone but bradley

Is vtec any good? Keep seeing a bunch of Civics on CL with vtec and I'm wondering if I should even bother, but having something like that with good gas mileage and a little extra oomph never hurts

29. Post #4149
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    Alright, so I've been addicted to Project CARS. Basically its the best racing game to ever be made so far, it will triumph over Gran Turismo. And since you can actually give track data to developers, it influences them to want and make that track for the game. Right now, I'm collecting data for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, so that it can be accurately represented in the game. And since they have both current and historic tracks, I am going to be painstakingly mapping what it is now, for the new data. And then gather old race info on Pikes Peak back in 1985, when the Audi Quattro broke the world record. Which may also put the car in the game.

When my car is complete, I am going to be making multiple videos up and down while calculating speed and milage between turns and stuff like that. I will also be pulling over a lot to measure track widths and things like that in the turns. Will be a fun summer for sure.

Edited:

Gotta pageking it with some bullshit.
    didn't they already ditch rally
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #4150
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,088 Posts
    Everyone but bradley

Is vtec any good? Keep seeing a bunch of Civics on CL with vtec and I'm wondering if I should even bother, but having something like that with good gas mileage and a little extra oomph never hurts
    Please refer inquiries to this fine gentleman of reputable worth and moral character:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #4151
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    maybe if i called it edward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4152
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    just saw a civic on CL

they were like "yeah its a salvage title... SOHC engine, blah blah blah"

Sounds good and all... the picture of the engine says DOHC

HMMMMMMM

Edited:

hello gorgeous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4153
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,587 Posts

I've been feeling this for the past 2-3 months, any ways I can determine if it's off? Maybe with a gps?
    GPS is accurate enough, give it a shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #4154
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Everyone but bradley

:( Since you don't want my opinion I guess I'll keep it to myself that the extra oomph isn't worth the loss in low end power or fuel economy. (VTEC engines have a higher range power band and always get at least a few MPG worse than the non-VTEC Civics)

But, you know, whatever. You don't want the resident AA Honda Guy's opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #4155
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    :( Since you don't want my opinion I guess I'll keep it to myself that the extra oomph isn't worth the loss in low end power or fuel economy. (VTEC engines have a higher range power band and always get at least a few MPG worse than the non-VTEC Civics)

But, you know, whatever. You don't want the resident AA Honda Guy's opinion
    i already knew your opinion of vtec that's why i specifically excluded you

i ain't hate

36. Post #4156
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    My opinion on VTEC for performance is that it's retarded.

My opinion on VTEC for fuel economy is that it's useless.

...Unless you get something with i-VTEC or VTEC-E. They get crazy mileage for the output they have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #4157
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    well what is your opinion on that RX-7 I posted

it's pretty gorgeous but ofc I want gas mileage too

38. Post #4158
    May 2012
    223 Posts
    well what is your opinion on that RX-7 I posted

it's pretty gorgeous but ofc I want gas mileage too
    Even resident RX-7 Guy Justin will say not to get an RX-7 if you want good gas mileage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #4159
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,888 Posts
    Even resident RX-7 Guy Justin will say not to get an RX-7 if you want good gas mileage.
    yeah hence why I mentioned gas mileage

sports car and gas mileage are not things that go together

40. Post #4160
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,510 Posts
    yeah hence why I mentioned gas mileage

sports car and gas mileage are not things that go together
    They can, its rotary and gas mileage that don't go together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)