1. Post #521
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,198 Posts
    Can you get him to buy me a wife?
    Those long pillows with pictures on them can't be that expensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Abrasion sores on my penis aren't so wonderful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    736 Posts
    Those long pillows with pictures on them can't be that expensive
    My girlfriend has one of those. Its normal sized though, not a full length pillow.

If I recall correctly its from Record of Agarest wars
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,581 Posts
    Is he rich?
    You don't need to be rich to own an Impreza and an Evo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #525
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,805 Posts
    Kind of a little bit. Financially stable is a better term
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,070 Posts
    In this day and age I'd say owning a V8 requires you to be richer than owning an Impreza or an Evo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,048 Posts
    Hey guys I need to learn how to use a manual transmission for my future muscle car. Anyway since there isn't a single car rental place with cars with a manual transmission; does anyone know a cheap brand of car that would have a manual transmission and is common?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Hey guys I need to learn how to use a manual transmission for my future muscle car. Anyway since there is a single car rental place with cars with a manual transmission; does anyone know a cheap brand of car that would have a manual transmission and is common?
    Most cheap cars can have manual transmissions. Just go to the rental place and ask for a car with a manual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,048 Posts
    Woops I made a typo I mean't to say that there isn't any rental place around here that has cars with a manual. I heard it has to do with rental car palces being afraid of people burning out the clutches or something.

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Woops I made a typo I mean't to say that there isn't any rental place around here that has cars with a manual. I heard it has to do with rental car palces being afraid of people burning out the clutches or something.
    Have you tried racing sims?

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a car just to learn manual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,048 Posts
    Idk a racing sim doesn't sound like it would feel the same as driving an actual car.

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Idk a racing sim doesn't sound like it would feel the same as driving an actual car.
    For $250-700 for a wheel, pedals, and shifter, it's pretty damn close.

13. Post #533
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Been sitting in my truck, trying to figure out where i can squeeze in a tachometer and an analog clock...

May trim the gauge cluster up some to fit a tach on the right and a clock on the left.
    Want it to look classy, not having a giant tach in my face on the dash like.

Also may put a clock up on the ceiling if i can find/get one made in the right shape.

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Been sitting in my truck, trying to figure out where i can squeeze in a tachometer and an analog clock...

May trim the gauge cluster up some to fit a tach on the right and a clock on the left.

Also may put a clock up on the ceiling if i can find/get one made in the right shape.
    Tach through the hood, clock in the dash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    woah

blew my mind, why did i not think of that.

SO, how easy is it to break a tachometer off of your hood with a tree branch while 4wheeling?

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    736 Posts
    It depends on what you mean.
    The handling physics on legitimate simulation software is pretty realistic, but the peripherals are never going to feel 100% right.

People think theyre slick with their little paddle shifting steering wheels hooked up to their computers doing this virtual racing but Id like to see them hop in a racecar with a 6 lb flywheel, twin-disk un-sprung clutch, and dog box transmission.

I cant believe they wouldnt put a tach in a car/truck from the factory.
    Let me guess, S10?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,048 Posts
    For $250-700 for a wheel, pedals, and shifter, it's pretty damn close.
    Well I'll see. I've seen a few cars going for 700 and less with a manual. After I'm done learning I will just sell it off.

18. Post #538
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Disco_Potato posted:
    People think theyre slick with their little paddle shifting steering wheels hooked up to their computers doing this virtual racing but Id like to see them hop in a racecar with a 6 lb flywheel, twin-disk un-sprung clutch, and dog box transmission.
    I'm sure that people who put hundreds down on sim peripherals, like me, would gladly hop in that seat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #539
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    It depends on what you mean.
    The handling physics on legitimate simulation software is pretty realistic, but the peripherals are never going to feel 100% right.

I cant believe they wouldnt put a tach in a car/truck from the factory.
    Let me guess, S10?
    Well you see i drive a 1/2 ton pickup from 1970, so i dont really need a tach, ive got feet and ears.

But i may put one in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #540
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,130 Posts

Put in the hood!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    That makes more sense than what i was imagining when tesla suggested it.
    Thanks bro's

And then classy analog clock between the two sun visors

and if i ever got my hunting license and the balls to take a bear i could go pimp as shit and do bearfur headliner.

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    736 Posts
    Well you see i drive a 1/2 ton pickup from 1970, so i dont really need a tach, ive got feet and ears.

But i may put one in.
    Hmm, I still think thats pretty wild.
    I guess if you dont ever need to rev it out then you dont miss it.

I always thought it was weird with the S10s that the auto had a tach and the manual did not. Seems counter-intuitive.

I'm sure that people who put hundreds down on sim peripherals, like me, would gladly hop in that seat.
    Good for you, but that doesnt mean your peripherals are anything like the real thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,070 Posts
    I seriously need to get around getting a new windshield washer pump, it sucks not being able to use washer... But I am so poor, I'll ask my boss to get me some AC Delco OEM one, he told me he had wholesale price at AC Delco

I think I broke a record for here, usually people get around passing 5-6 gallons by now, I haven't finished my first winter gallon since, September? (Still have left in the gallon, my washer tank is full )

24. Post #544
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    Good for you, but that doesnt mean your peripherals are anything like the real thing.
    I didn't say they were, I know they aren't, but for $250, I'm not going to complain, so don't be a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #545
    March 2011
    634 Posts
    Hmm, I still think thats pretty wild.
    I guess if you dont ever need to rev it out then you dont miss it.

I always thought it was weird with the S10s that the auto had a tach and the manual did not. Seems counter-intuitive.

Wat. My truck doesn't have one and it's a '93 F-150 with a manual, and it isn't that hard, when it gets loud you shift up and when you slow down you downshift. I don't see the problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #546
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I seriously need to get around getting a new windshield washer pump, it sucks not being able to use washer... But I am so poor, I'll ask my boss to get me some AC Delco OEM one, he told me he had wholesale price at AC Delco

I think I broke a record for here, usually people get around passing 5-6 gallons by now, I haven't finished my first winter gallon since, September? (Still have left in the gallon, my washer tank is full )
    The only time I ever end up using my washers is to spray shit all over the car behind me. All it ever seems to do is make nasty dirty water marks all over my driver and passenger side windows. It also leaves nastier water stains next to where the wipers stop on my windshield. Most of the time it seems like it would be better to use a gas station squeegee anyways.

I kinda just want to wire both pumps to my rear window spray nozzle and aim it upwards so it sprays on the cars behind me instead of trickling down the window. Now that would be a fun project!

27. Post #547
    October 2008
    420 Posts
    Hey guys I need to learn how to use a manual transmission for my future muscle car. Anyway since there isn't a single car rental place with cars with a manual transmission; does anyone know a cheap brand of car that would have a manual transmission and is common?
    I'm in the same position as you. I don't know anyone who can teach me and I need to learn how to drive a manual by next week.

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    You could just wait until you get the car, and have someone teach you in your car, or learn from watching videos and asking here and save that money for a new clutch if you end up needing a replacement.

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,070 Posts
    The only time I ever end up using my washers is to spray shit all over the car behind me. All it ever seems to do is make nasty dirty water marks all over my driver and passenger side windows. It also leaves nastier water stains next to where the wipers stop on my windshield. Most of the time it seems like it would be better to use a gas station squeegee anyways.

I kinda just want to wire both pumps to my rear window spray nozzle and aim it upwards so it sprays on the cars behind me instead of trickling down the window. Now that would be a fun project!

I take it you don't have roads full of sand and salt

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,048 Posts
    You could just wait until you get the car, and have someone teach you in your car, or learn from watching videos and asking here and save that money for a new clutch if you end up needing a replacement.
    The real problem is testing the car before buying it.

31. Post #551
    November 2008
    1,874 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I take it you don't have roads full of sand and salt
    Nah, Oregon gravels the fuck out of their roads instead. So when driving on roads which get snowed on your car gets a hail of red dust/gravel/water/rocks/nasty shit thrown at you and if you're traveling at highway speeds you literally have to give a good 20-30 car lengths between you and the car in front of you to not have rocks thrown all over your car constantly. I nearly cried when I was driving up a highway which had a little snow at the top of a hill in the shade while following with a newer WRX STI since all I could hear was rocks hitting my car every second on the straights. It's so rare to see people drive roads at a moderate pace without coming to a complete stop for the slightest corner. People enter the fucking highway at about 25-30, so fucking annoying, fuck.

They might salt the city roads around here but snow always melts off by 12pm and dumbass commuters are normally left to put their pitiful 4x4 suvs and camerys into ditches or drive up curbs and hit trees in neighborhoods everywhere while me and my friends go drift our cars everywhere with summer tires.. So many people around here have studded tires when it snows no more than an 1" a day for maybe a couple days with it melting off during the day anyways. Our roads are already torn up enough, why can't we just get them banned.

I love that we have so many maintained roads which aren't driven by more than the odd forestry or log truck though, Oregon has like thousands of miles of rarely driven single lane roads which are some of the most beautiful and fun drives. These roads in the summer just make living here worth it.

33. Post #553
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,756 Posts
    *re-valved bilsteins

I agree that the Illuminas are better than stock Bilsteins, but there are much better options than the Illuminas. Theyre pretty much the bottom of the barrel option.
    In fact, for a long time now real enthusiast have been giving FM a lot of flak for bothering with such a mediocre shock in their kits.
    Where are you reading this? I've heard bad reviews from people riding Tokico HP's, but never the Illumina. Everything I've read has been positive. The track days I raced against other NB's with full ground control setups couldn't keep up with me and my Illuminas.

34. Post #554
    August 2009
    4,579 Posts
    Do you guys have any tips on waxing? Now I know it should seem straight forward, but mine always seem to come out to a haze almost just as bad as before I put it on. Rub on turtle wax in circular motions, let dry to a haze. Wipe off excess with a rag, then buff with a buffer. Right? Well It never seems to turn out any better. I clean and dry the surface before hand, even put on two layers of wax. No change. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

35. Post #555
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Personally i shave my bush.

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,380 Posts
    shave > wax

Honestly no idea.

37. Post #557
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Do you guys have any tips on waxing? Now I know it should seem straight forward, but mine always seem to come out to a haze almost just as bad as before I put it on. Rub on turtle wax in circular motions, let dry to a haze. Wipe off excess with a rag, then buff with a buffer. Right? Well It never seems to turn out any better. I clean and dry the surface before hand, even put on two layers of wax. No change. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    may be too cold out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #558
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Ermm go on ebay, tap in your budget and select car features then tick the manual box?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,756 Posts

For one, you need to do the prep before you can wax. Wash the car, then clay bar it. This prepares the paint by filling in minor inconsistencies (scratches, cracks). Then polish the car. Apply a small amount of polish and apply evenly in a circular motion on the car. Allow it to sit for around a minute, then use a microfiber cloth to buff it off. Do this one or two times depending on how shiny you want the car to be. THEN apply your wax, using the same technique as you did with the polish. The wax will be a little harder to buff off, but it should still come off relatively easy. You don't NEED to use a buffing wheel, a microfiber cloth works just fine; but if you want to use the buffing wheel, DON'T wipe off the wax first, then you're just defeating the whole purpose seeing as you're wiping it off instead of buffing it in.

Remember, wax isn't what makes your car shiny, it's what protects the paint. Polish makes the car shiny.

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,130 Posts
    Wat. My truck doesn't have one and it's a '93 F-150 with a manual, and it isn't that hard, when it gets loud you shift up and when you slow down you downshift. I don't see the problem?
    My manual 5-on-the-floor S-10 had no tach (or muffler, for that matter), so I'd shift when it shifted from being deafeningly loud to painfully loud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)