1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    Right, I'll address that. I still like the idea of sacrifices though, anyone have advice on how to make it contribute to society?
    When a fighter in the army captures a barbarian tribesman he is allowed to sacrifice him by impaling him with dinosaur bones. Hugely increasing army participation and therefore expansion, at the temporary cost of industry and food.

Also this...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    The part with Magnus' nation going "AHOY THERE DICKHEADS" made me laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,787 Posts
    I wasn't included....Yet..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    How many dinosaur skeletons are exposed out there, anyway? You might be facing a religious crisis, soon. Too many followers and not enough artifacts.

5. Post #85
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    He's got one. A small one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,787 Posts
    Turn today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    No. I won't get home until 9pm. Turn tomorrow after class and before I go to get my fish tank.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    Shit, I still have time don't I?

IMA COMIN LUIGI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    How many dinosaur skeletons are exposed out there, anyway? You might be facing a religious crisis, soon. Too many followers and not enough artifacts.
    Easy fix, Make it a pilgrimage that attracts natives... and then sacrifice them :D

10. Post #90
    I can't wait until we get technologically advanced enough for you to actually get dinosaurs. I mean, what then? Your people just reached their biggest goal.

And what the hell am I going to do when we circumvent the world and there's no face of arms or shit?

11. Post #91
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    It'll be Jurassic Park all over again except the entire landmass of Australia.

12. Post #92
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    I vote we find them in the desert and worship them. Desert, Dessert? Right. Desert. I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    A World in Balance, Turn 4 - 3500BC

Current World Map

Players:
    •Azothia [Dark Grey] - Seed Eater
    •United Petrograd [Green] - Sobotnik
    •Republic of Scandinavia [Blue] - Obnobs
    •The Sol Confederacy [Orange] - UrbanMachismo
    •City State of Hotaka [Red Orange] - Vampiresrock
    •Escova [Harvard Crimson] - wizard`
    •The Unified Holy Lands of Waterwell [Red] - MountainWatcher
    •The Consortium of Federation [Purple] - Mrakz0
    •Ravinia [Maroon] - Mr. Face
    •Brotherhood of Mandalores [Indigo] - VOSK
    •Jasanasnlem [Dark Blue] - asantos3
    •Riverburg [Brown] - kamikaze470

Azothia - Dark Grey - [Seed Eater]
    National Religion: Order of the Old Ones
    Technology: Basic Farming Techniques, Copper Shields, The Wheel

-Azothian merchants hear talk of wheeled carts like in Petrograd and Sol and decide to impliment these items themselves.
    -Azothians begin using slaves for labour and as servants. Most slaves end up being from local unconquered tribes.
    -The dead are no longer buried, and instead are cannibalised as a religious food. At first the citizens are appalled by this, but they quickly grow used to it.
    -Large amounts of stone and decorative copper are used in construction of the city.

United Petrograd - Green - Sobotnik
    National Religion: Emernihgt
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Sailing Canoes, The Wheel, Copper

-Petrograd miners discover the metal Copper, and a smithing industry quickly springs up around it.
    -A large industry surrounds establishment of paved road between larger settlements.
    -Large pillars are carved and set along roads and in settlements that act as rudimentary directions. Some examples are "Village of Og that way, two days." or "Welcome Dok, go way"
    -Petrograd begins use of slaves as well. What is up with this shit? Slavery is bad mkay.
    -Plots of land are established as being farmed by one family, which is ownedby an aristrocrat.
    -Religion is enforced and given more structure, with Priests becoming one of the most important and powerful castes in Petrograd.
    -Excess food is given to surrounding tribes, and an enclave further up the Baltic coast decides to join under Petrograd.

STILL NO FLAG, OBNOBS.
    Commune of the Nordland - Blue - Obnobs
    National Religion: Secular
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Spears, Basic Medicine

-Nord alchemists create a basic form of medicine by making salves and healing covers out of various herbs, grasses, and other components.
    -A military is established with men armed with stone spears.
    -Basic schooling begins, but without much to teach it ends up being used as a place for Tradesmen to find apprentices.
    -Nordsmen stand at the coast of the Baltic sea looking eastward trying to figure out why they can't invade the water and subjugate the fishmen. Perhaps it is a lack of floating contraptions.

The Sol Confederacy - Orange - UrbanMachismo
    National Religion: Solism
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Spears, The Wheel, Sailing Canoes

-Solians develop a crude sailing canoe like the ones seen in Petrograd and Waterwell.
    -Excess food is gifted to outlying settlements and another enclave decides to join.
    -Schools are set up, where children go for an hour or two a day to learn their numbers, mathematics, and how to read and write Solin.

YOUR FLAG IS NOT THE RIGHT SIZE VAMPIRE. 250x150 NOTHING ELSE
    City State of Hotaku - Red Orange - Vampiresrock
    National Religion: Hotanity
    Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry, Sailing Canoes

-Hotakan farmers introduce a series of irrigation channels made of hollowed out logs that help keep crops fertile. (Bonus army unit)
    -A strict government caste system is set up in conquered villages. The tribal leaders are exterminated and a few soldiers are left behind to keep the peace.
    -Government buildings are built in the middle of each new town and staffed with several officials from Hotaku to govern the village.
    -Farmers are given larger shares of food, which they appreciate but are still rather upset about the whole situation. They make it clear to the ruling body "We don't want more food, we want to be able to trade our food for other goods like we used to! Our families can't wear cabbage or sleep under bean sprouts."
    -A new system is set up where Soldiers are given less than twice the food but still more than regular citizens.

Escova - Crimson - wizard`
    National Religion: Cogitari
    Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques, The Wheel

-The Wheel is implimented by tradesmen tired of trying to trade with outlying villages with so little product.
    -A National defence force under control of the Escovan High Councillor is established.
    -The Escovan Defence Force commands a contingent of soldiers to capture West Mount Louis, but when asked where that is, they had no idea.
    -A form of currency is established with small clay beads used as money.
    -Missionaries are sent to outlying villages to try and encourage more enclaves to join Escova, but they never return.

The Unified Holy Lands of Waterwell - Red - MountainWatcher
    National Religion: Physicalism
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Basic Medicine, Sailing Canoes

-An army is formed composed of men wielding stone clubs.
    -River based trade is the norm with the new canoes, and as more streamlined versions are introduced, a mercantile system reveals itself with many merchants and tradesmen permanently housed on boats.
    -The marketplace in Waterwell quickly turns out to be a canal system filled completely with moored boats hawking all sorts of wares from fruits and vegetables, clothing, hats, shoes, meat, and cooked meals.
    -Currency is developed, which streamlines the merchant system and allows merchants to load their boats with more goods for sale, rather than goods to sell and trade.

The Consortium of Federation - Purple - Mrakz
    National Religion: The Dinosaur Revivalists
    Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry, Bows and Arrows

-Consortium warriors develop a weapon of supple wood and elastic animal gut that fires arrows.
    -Revivalists travel to nearby tribes and speak of their religion, offering small pieces of bone as trinkets of peace. Two villages are swayed enough to join the Consortium.
    -Preists continue to sacrifice people to the site of the dinosaur bones in an attempt to revive the beast. Soon the ground is muddy and thick with blood and it appears that the being is putting itself back together and it is going to come back to li- no, nevermind, it isn't. That was a dingo.

Ravinia - Maroon - Mr. Face
    National Religion: Halla
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Animal Husbandry, Bows and Arrows, Rudimentary Naptha

-Alchemists create a very basic and very sticky substance that clings to arrow heads and burns when lit.

The Brotherhood of Mandalores - Indigo - VOSK
    National Religion: Mandalism
    Technology: Stone tools, Advanced Farming Techniques

-Mandalorian farmers discover that weeding crops and introducing an irrigation system improves crop yield ten fold. (Bonus army)
    -Currency is revised and refined. Coins are introduced with various values of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200 'Grade'
    -Roads are paved between the capitol and larger villages.
    -A council is established made up of retired warriors. However due to the distinct lack of retired anything, they settle for simple old folk who still know a lot.
    -It is drilled into soldiers that surrender is the worst possible thing and it brings dishonour to the soldier and his entire generation. As a result, Mandalorian soldiers will fight to the bitter end, and if capture is inevitable, they kill themselves.

Jasanasnlem - Dark Blue - asantos3
    National Religion: Gudenaisaszeme
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Spears

-The nation of Jasanasnlem    I'm going to slit my wrists if I have to keep typing this word    is founded on the largest lake in the African continent.
    -The religion of Gudenaisaszeme    wtf    is established in Jasanasnlem    That's it. Slitting my wrists.   . This religion revolves around the worship of the four elements, Water, Fire, Air, and Earth.
    -Stone spears are developed.
    -An army is founded, and the soldiers are given stone spears.

Riverburg - Brown - kamikaze470
    National Religion: Tha'oral
    Technology: Stone tools, Basic Farming Techniques, Stone Axes

-The nation of Riverburg is founded in the Crimean.
    -The religion of Tha'oral is founded, based around the worship of a god known as Thalek, who rules over the seasons and provokes Natural Disasters and Famines when furious. Occasional sacrifices of Oxen satisfy him.
    -Larger versions of the stone hatchet are made, large enough to make cutting down trees easier or the cutting of men and bone.
    -A military is established with soldiers being armed with these new axes.
    -A form of currency is established called the 'Paso'

Now send in your next turn!

If you're joining in now, send your nation sheet and first turn together. The nation sheet can be found in the OP.

Subject: [Nation Name]: Turn 5

Technological Research:

Military Endeavours:

Economic Endeavours:

Diplomacy:

Internal Affairs:

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,787 Posts
    Guys, lets all try to get our turns in. I'd love for 2 turns a day.

15. Post #95
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    Not going to happen. It's a dedicated one turn every two days. MAYBE a turn a day if I'm not busy and I have them in but I have class AND work Tuesdays and Thursdays. so I'm out of the house from 9am to 9pm.

16. Post #96
    Mr. face is going to set fire to his forest, I'm calling it right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    A World in Balance, Turn 4 - 3500BC
    -Preists continue to sacrifice people to the site of the dinosaur bones in an attempt to revive the beast. Soon the ground is muddy and thick with blood and it appears that the being is putting itself back together and it is going to come back to li- no, nevermind, it isn't. That was a dingo.

</3. So much </3. Also, Preists?

18. Post #98
    Mraks, what if you grind the bones and have your king ingest it? His life may well rub off on the bone shards. Just collect his droppings and re-assemble the skeleton with the help of the rest of the ass-cement.

19. Post #99
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    Ass cement. I like it.

20. Post #100
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    What
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Stop feeding your fish and work on the turn, I want to know what happens next for mrakz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    I want to know what happens next for mrakz.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,743 Posts
    You guys are so obnoxiously impatient sometimes, seriously.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    You guys are so obnoxiously impatient sometimes, seriously.
    My post was in relation to the latter part of what watcher said, about not being able to wait and see what happens. I'll just quickly edit the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    1- No turn until Friday.
    2- Wizard I would like another comic.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    1- No turn until Friday.
    2- Wizard I would like another comic.
    on that turn?

27. Post #107
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    TurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTu rnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurn TurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTu rnTurnTurn :D :D :D

EDIT: Na, all g, turn whenever.

EDIT: Or is it all g..?

EDIT: :D

28. Post #108
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    on that turn?
    Yes

Edited:

TurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTu rnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurn TurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTurnTu rnTurnTurn :D :D :D

EDIT: Na, all g, turn whenever.

EDIT: Or is it all g..?

EDIT: :D
    Jesus christ be quiet.

29. Post #109
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    I am missing turns from 4 people. That's too many. Unless I get their turns before 3pm today I'll have to postpone until tomorrow.

I need turns from: Urban, Vampires, wizard, and VOSK

30. Post #110
    Oh, that's unfortunate. How long do these types of games usually last? Are we going to be seeing A y10k panic?

31. Post #111
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    What are you talking about? The game is fine I'm just missing some turns.

32. Post #112
    No, no, I'm just curious.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,787 Posts
    I'll have mine in tonight.

34. Post #114
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    Dead game is dead. Why you dead game?

35. Post #115
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    It's not dead, jesus christ. I'm just waiting for a few turns.

It's only been a couple days since I posted a turn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    working on my turn now, sorry it's so late. Also working on a comic.

Edited:

[h2]HERE IT IS BOYYYSSS[/h2]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    That's not a comic that's just you making fun of Mrakz...

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    That's not a comic that's just you making fun of Mrakz...
    yeah I really need a turn to work off :(

39. Post #119
    August 2008
    4,666 Posts
    Expect a turn today. Soon. As soon as I finish writing a letter to my friend in the hospital.

40. Post #120
    Great, send him our best wishes. Send some chicken bone or something and tell him to keep it safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)