1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,870 Posts
    Anyone else crash when using a companion on Cademimu? Happened three times last night with me and my two buddies, it only happens near the really tall elevator at the beginning.

Edited:

I think Naboo would be an excellent planet add in the future, it was only Discovered 300 years before so it will still be a mostly wild planet, and the Gungans lived on surface cities and were in separated tribes and will probably be hostile so there is a plus there.. murdering Gungans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    appearntly they're adding    varl, the original hutt homeworld    and    rakata prime, the rakata homeworld (it was in KOTOR i beleive    in the near future

Edited:

in other news, this weeks Q&A thing is up
    http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

Edited:

Remember how last week was mostly "It's coming in 1.2" responses? Were you displeased? Well good news!

Relayinabox: Are there any plans for a show/hide companion headgear option?

Damion Schubert: Yep, we have plans. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but is currently in the works.

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.
    "it won't be in 1.2" week
    Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.
    suck it

Edited:

In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.
    vote-kick griefing is gonna be fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,870 Posts
    appearntly they're adding    varl, the original hutt homeworld    and    rakata prime, the rakata homeworld (it was in KOTOR i beleive    in the near future
    Known that for weeks, was on TORHead

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #444
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Known that for weeks, was on TORHead

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks
    whoa calm down budd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,870 Posts
    whoa calm down budd
    Calm down? I was just pointing it out. I wasn't angry.

6. Post #446
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    i've had my character stuck in the lightsaber throw animation with a saber spinning infinitely at the edge of my hand
    My friend had that one once, it's hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    I almost died when I opened my bags and got a commendation in each today.

fuck rng

also dumbidiot, how exactly are operative healers? I don't know much of how they work but I'm considering rolling one because we got a weird community on this server where our guild and an imp guild have members in eachothers guild and stuff and they're looking for healers and I've already played a sage to 50 healing and mercenary doesn't interest me at all.

Don't know how you can compare them, all I see is that people say they're bad but with like almost the entire playerbase being bad I doubt anything they say holds much merit.

I'm mainly looking at a PVE perspective btw. If you got any vids of your point of view in a raid that be pretty cool to look at too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #448
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts

fuck rng
    It's so exciting once you finally get that one commendation, or the one to complete the piece you are working for.

9. Post #449
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

fuck rng

also dumbidiot, how exactly are operative healers? I don't know much of how they work but I'm considering rolling one because we got a weird community on this server where our guild and an imp guild have members in eachothers guild and stuff and they're looking for healers and I've already played a sage to 50 healing and mercenary doesn't interest me at all.

Don't know how you can compare them, all I see is that people say they're bad but with like almost the entire playerbase being bad I doubt anything they say holds much merit.

I'm mainly looking at a PVE perspective btw. If you got any vids of your point of view in a raid that be pretty cool to look at too.
    I've seen people say operative healers suck. I'm not seeing it, sure we have a broken talent and the aoe heal is lackluster by itself, but those are all getting addressed. I've never had an issue healing hm/nightmare ops but I'm also also usually paired with a sorc healer, last week I ran with a merc healer, and I think annhilation droid is a good wakeup call to how OP a sorc healer is. Without that super healing circle you actually have to TRY to survive since both the merc and op aoes have a player limit. I've kept the tank alive on jarg and sorno fight by spamming my free tactical advantage heal that gives tactical advantage back if target is below 30%.

I don't really have any videos recorded, it would probably look like a mess from my PoV, but there's a method I have down and it works for me. If our tank is on this week and we get a good run going I'll record. Being he's a new dad I don't think we'll see him in a while and I refuse to run with any less of a tank.

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    I've seen people say operative healers suck. I'm not seeing it, sure we have a broken talent and the aoe heal is lackluster by itself, but those are all getting addressed. I've never had an issue healing hm/nightmare ops but I'm also also usually paired with a sorc healer, last week I ran with a merc healer, and I think annhilation droid is a good wakeup call to how OP a sorc healer is. Without that super healing circle you actually have to TRY to survive since both the merc and op aoes have a player limit. I've kept the tank alive on jarg and sorno fight by spamming my free tactical advantage heal that gives tactical advantage back if target is below 30%.

I don't really have any videos recorded, it would probably look like a mess from my PoV, but there's a method I have down and it works for me. If our tank is on this week and we get a good run going I'll record. Being he's a new dad I don't think we'll see him in a while and I refuse to run with any less of a tank.
    is it more reactive instead of doing a rotation? with sage its like hot-bigheal-channeled heal, use 8% force regen and repeat whilst spamming bubble whenever its up. I know sage + merc is a strong combo, as that's what we run with, just wondering where does an operative stand.

11. Post #451
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    is it more reactive instead of doing a rotation? with sage its like hot-bigheal-channeled heal, use 8% force regen and repeat whilst spamming bubble whenever its up.
    I don't use a convential rotation, I work it around building at least 1 stack of tactical advantage so I can always spam a surgical probe if it's needed. Kolto probe crit's proc a tac advantage so I usually spam them on most of the group before and during fights when healing isn't as needed. You can literally keep the aoe heal up forever as the cooldown is shorter than it's duration. I use my big activated heal more than I should be, usually just to be proactive (i'm not even sure I'm using these terms correctly, sorry).

I would have to say as it stands it's better to mix merc or op with a sorc and not merc + op as healers because just of how OP sorc healing is

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    I don't use a convential rotation, I work it around building at least 1 stack of tactical advantage so I can always spam a surgical probe if it's needed. Kolto probe crit's proc a tac advantage so I usually spam them on most of the group before and during fights when healing isn't as needed. You can literally keep the aoe heal up forever as the cooldown is shorter than it's duration. I use my big activated heal more than I should be, usually just to be proactive (i'm not even sure I'm using these terms correctly, sorry).
    is the kolto probe crit the laugh by chance?

13. Post #453
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    is the kolto probe crit the laugh by chance?
    yes
    operative healers have the greatest sense of humor in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    sold, the laughing on my vanguard just makes everything so much better. now I can laugh while healing

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    That laugh is so annoying on my smuggler, I really hate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #456
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    That laugh is so annoying on my smuggler, I really hate it.
    Pretty annoying in warzones, especially when there's multiple running around.

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    Smugglers and IA are rare on this server, there's actually no active PVP snipers, gunslingers or scoundrels and there's like 1 operative in the level 50 brackets. All we face is juggernauts, marauders and sorcerers. Really underplayed on here so not really heard the laugh that much to get annoyed myself.

18. Post #458
    June 2011
    8,614 Posts
    Smugglers and IA are rare on this server, there's actually no active PVP snipers, gunslingers or scoundrels and there's like 1 operative in the level 50 brackets. All we face is juggernauts, marauders and sorcerers. Really underplayed on here so not really heard the laugh that much to get annoyed myself.
    On my server it's the complete opposite, there's gunslingers/scoundrels all over the place, I'm constantly getting destroyed by snipers in PVP, their burst is insane.

In my 16man raid group there's 6 smugglers, 3 gunslingers and 3 scoundrels (2 of which are healers).

19. Post #459
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,892 Posts
    I may have misread, but does that say they're getting rid of bags/dailies for pvp gear?

Isn't that a really good thing? No more RNG, buy everything with WZ comms?

Edited:

I think Naboo would be an excellent planet add in the future, it was only Discovered 300 years before so it will still be a mostly wild planet, and the Gungans lived on surface cities and were in separated tribes and will probably be hostile so there is a plus there.. murdering Gungans.
    Would only support this IF the Gungans were enemy NPCs.

BOOM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #460
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    i could get behind gungans if the empire's sole purpose on naboo was to exterminate the entire gungan race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    tank shadow/assassin new fotm in pvp

more dps than dps spec and absurd survivability

22. Post #462
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    you sure they're tanks and not in the shared tree w/ tank stance? because the shared tree got insane buffs a week or 3 ago

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    you sure they're tanks and not in the shared tree w/ tank stance? because the shared tree got insane buffs a week or 3 ago
    have force pull, not too sure of specs but p sure that's a moderate amount in tank.

24. Post #464
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,057 Posts
    I joined a game of huttball yesterday. Some assassin told me to get out because I don't help the team at all. He went on to idle in a corner and I scored three points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    have force pull, not too sure of specs but p sure that's a moderate amount in tank.
    That's quite far into the tank tree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    yea pull is a 20 pt talent so yeah nevermind what I said then

Edited:

balance/madness DID get some good buffs though

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    made an imp to lvl with someone..

get to fleet, check all pvp/pve gear

oh god it's all horrid looking

28. Post #468
    June 2011
    8,614 Posts
    made an imp to lvl with someone..

get to fleet, check all pvp/pve gear

oh god it's all horrid looking
    Republic gear is infinitely worse looking.

Seriously what drugs were they on when making the JK pvp gear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    I dunno the only sets that seem tolerable are the PVP sith warrior and PVE powertech for me.

rolled an operative and was instantly disappointed when I looked at the tier gear.

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,568 Posts
    Imperial Agent PVE gear looks alright, not very agenty though.
    PVP set is awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,057 Posts
    My mouse's batteries died in the middle of huttball.

I madly rushed to get the broken mouse the wireless one replaced from behind my monitor and proceeded to play the game without a right mouse button and terrible tracking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

32. Post #472
    April 2008
    134 Posts
    Due to Trask Ulgo EU being such a boring server. full of backroom deals and betrayals im currently looking for a new server to call my home.

Any suggestion where my "rebirth" should occur?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

33. Post #473
    June 2011
    8,614 Posts
    Due to Trask Ulgo EU being such a boring server. full of backroom deals and betrayals im currently looking for a new server to call my home.

Any suggestion where my "rebirth" should occur?
    The Fatman US
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #474
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Imperial Agent PVE gear looks alright, not very agenty though.
    PVP set is awful.
    imperial agent pve gear sets look awesome, i wish they kept the peacewalker set that was in beta which was an all white version of their now tiered pve gear

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,870 Posts
    Woo I hit Dark 5 last night on my Warrior. Pure 10k SD points, no light in there at all.

36. Post #476
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    because darkside removes lightside after a certain point

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    10k at 37? heck do the throw darkside points at you every minute or what. Doing every quest I was like 9k light on both trooper/sage at 50

also influx of loads of fresh 50 sages are making pvp hell right now. they just die by anything.

38. Post #478
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    diplomacy, one of my alts had 10k ds by 33

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,477 Posts
    10k at 37? heck do the throw darkside points at you every minute or what. Doing every quest I was like 9k light on both trooper/sage at 50

also influx of loads of fresh 50 sages are making pvp hell right now. they just die by anything.
    There's always flashpoints you know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    fuck finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)