1. Post #441
    April 2010
    7,604 Posts
    How does a "one man band" go about playing stuff live?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #442

December 2011
    684 Posts
    Talk to clubowners and people who hold venues that have the capacity for bands, act as if you're actually rather well known and that a lot of people will come. Oh and make sure a lot of people will come, because they'll invite you again then if you hold up to your promises
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

3. Post #443
    re-strung my bass, it's going for tuning today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,142 Posts
    Is anyone up for collaborating on a drum and bass project? I'd personally be looking to do noisia/spr esque neurofunk but I'd give other stuff a go. I think it'd be great to learn from eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #445
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Guys, quick question, is this MIDI keyboard any good? (I'm going to be using it with FL Studio)
    http://www.akaipro.com/mpkmini
    Also, does it have high latency? Because it's pretty important I can hear the sounds right as I hit the key and not like 300 ms later.

6. Post #446
    August 2008
    1,507 Posts
    Is anyone up for collaborating on a drum and bass project? I'd personally be looking to do noisia/spr esque neurofunk but I'd give other stuff a go. I think it'd be great to learn from eachother.
    I could be, what DAW do you use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,142 Posts
    I could be, what DAW do you use?
    Fl 9 at the moment. I tend to use massive for most of my synths.

Your stuff's awesome, btw <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #448
    August 2008
    1,507 Posts
    Sent you a pm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

10. Post #450
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,780 Posts
    Just read the entire Manual, Promotional material and SoundOnSound review for the Behringer x32.
    They REALLY have their heads screwed on this time. It is NO WHERE NEAR the usual Behringer unreliable poor build quality crap. It's half MIDAS!

I'm pre ordering one and a flightcase to go with it. I'm sold, It's incredible

I'll probably sell my M-Audio Profire 2626 and Dual ADA8000s to regain some of the monetary outlay as it will make that slightly redundant.

11. Post #451
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,116 Posts
    I'm nearing release of an album I started on in February, and I'm wondering if a pre-release online listening party is something that would garner interest? I'd basically just stream the album from start to finish and combine it with the corresponding visual for each track. It was just an idea that popped into my head today and I'm wondering I should bother bringing it past the idea stage. Not that it really requires much effort, or any money.

Play one instrument, rest is played from the source file I guess.

You could re-do tracks for live shows I guess where you sequence the layers of the track or something and use pedals to control... I don't know really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #452
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

usually something like this

13. Post #453
    mrawr~
    November 2009
    3,621 Posts

Yay, done my cigar box guitar!! Popped the frets off an old Strat neck, stuck all the electronics inside it, sounds awesome :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #454
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I've made a few cigar box guitars, haven't done one in ages though. I might start one as soon as my bass build is done.

I like the way you mounted that strat trem, I never thought of doing that

15. Post #455
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    My band is releasing an EP through a label next month. I don't think they're intending to do internet sales, so would you guys have any idea how I could best organise selling some physical copies online? Which would be the best websites?

I'd start here, too, if anyone's interested. A few people said they'd buy it on my last thread.

Edited:

We get 500 first edition copies to sell in Melbourne music stores, but I think we get to dip into that to sell to friends, so I guess I'll take a few dozen to sell online. I don't think we can put anything up on iTunes for a year, either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #456
    mrawr~
    November 2009
    3,621 Posts
    I've made a few cigar box guitars, haven't done one in ages though. I might start one as soon as my bass build is done.

I like the way you mounted that strat trem, I never thought of doing that
    Thanks, yeah I figured "well I need something to string it up through" because I opted out of using the through-body piece of wood design. Drilled 3 screws into the metal where the strings pass through to a piece of wood on the inside, holds together really well. Love how it turned out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

17. Post #457
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,524 Posts
    I was bored yesterday so I mixed an album from the soundtrack of Ib.
    Basically, minor changes here and there and made most songs flow into eachother.

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,456 Posts
    Anyone know any good tape saturation vst's for free?

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,739 Posts
    Anyone know any good tape saturation vst's for free?
    http://vstplugs.blogspot.fi/2011/02/...y-antress.html <- Pretty okay

And here's a really good cheap one: http://www.toneboosters.com/shop/

If you buy the TrackEssentials bundle you get 10 really decent VSTs(including the tape saturation one). I like TB plugs and I recommend you cop the free ones at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

20. Post #460
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the M-Audio Venom and/or the microKorg (not the XL). I'm looking at both and right now it's just down to the quality of the sounds. I do like that the korg has a vocoder and an arp, plus it's a bit more compact so I'm leaning towards it right now. Thoughts? Or should I just get a pure MIDI keyboard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #461
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    My band is releasing an EP through a label next month. I don't think they're intending to do internet sales, so would you guys have any idea how I could best organise selling some physical copies online? Which would be the best websites?

I'd start here, too, if anyone's interested. A few people said they'd buy it on my last thread.

Edited:

We get 500 first edition copies to sell in Melbourne music stores, but I think we get to dip into that to sell to friends, so I guess I'll take a few dozen to sell online. I don't think we can put anything up on iTunes for a year, either.
    you can sell through bandcamp but there are like 200 indie mail order distros that will do it for you if you can sell enuf

22. Post #462
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    we've got a venom at work and I'm not really a fan. m-audio gear is generally cheap chinese shit. only thing I've got by them that I like is a fasttrack usb

23. Post #463
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    Huh, my experience with M-audio stuff has generally been good. that might just be because i have some of their older stuff (trigger finger, x-session, uc-33e) though. is it shoddy build or what?

Edited:

Ok so my next purchase has to be an audio interface. I have a DJ/io now and I need something with 96kHz and inputs. How's the focusrite 2i2? I would get an 8i6 but it's too big. I probably won'y need more than two inputs and two outs but does anyone have any other recommendations? My max is $250.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #464
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,020 Posts
    M-audio is fine, as long as it's not something that generates or handles audio.

At least, that has been my experience with it so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #465
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    Really? Because I've heard good things about their interfaces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    March 2007
    5,020 Posts
    Haha, nah I kid. It's what most people at my college say to be honest :P. I've only ever really tried/used their midi keyboards, and I've had no problems with them whatsoever. Good and simple keyboards.

If you can, try comparing some interfaces in person before buying one though. The audio quality will most likely be just fine, but sometimes I get turned off by flimsy buttons/faders or the housing on an interface.

Edited:

Check out the UA-25 EX by Roland. It's a simple interface with just about everything you could need.

It's what I'm using right now, and I'm loving it.

My only complaint now that I have more than one hardware synth (plus a turntable), is that it only has two inputs (Jack/XLR hybrids). I really need more, since I don't exactly feel like constantly swapping cables if I want to use one synth instead of another/my turntable.

Also, I get the occasional ASIO driver problem, but that's due to FLS's shitty crashes that freeze your ASIO drivers... Don't have that problem when using Renoise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #467
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    The UA-25EX is discontinued. I'll probably just grab a 2i2.

also i tired renoise and openMPT once, i got them to make noise but that was about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #468
    March 2007
    5,020 Posts
    Oh, sorry didnt know about it being discontinued. The 2i2 seems fine though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #469
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Really? Because I've heard good things about their interfaces.
    their interfaces are good but anything else is terrible

30. Post #470
    August 2008
    1,507 Posts
    The UA-25EX is discontinued.
    That's pretty sad. I got one and it's really good, maybe it just didn't sell good enough :/

31. Post #471
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    Fuck it, I'll get a 2i2 or a Novation nio2/4 if I can find one on eBay. My buddy has one and he loves it.

32. Post #472
    April 2010
    7,604 Posts
    Today I found out I have a nice growl/hiss.

I need to get myself a microphone.

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,456 Posts
    Does anyone have any good Click samples? All the ones I can find are either to over the top or really synthesised.

34. Post #474
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,167 Posts
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/...loads-217833/1

all the free legal samples you will ever need

you can make your own clicks by pissing about with some of the drums too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    Not propertly installed yet but my studio sounds so much better already. I still need to order a few more to get things where I want them, but huge improvement already.

Edited:

Holy shit big pictures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

36. Post #476
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    is that a fucking

virus desktop ti

you fucker

37. Post #477
    Why yes, yes it is :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

38. Post #478
    May 2011
    450 Posts
    How do you like Maschine? Worth it if you already have two DAWs?

39. Post #479
    Love it. You can load the maschine vst up in your DAW and some DAWs support dragging and dropping midi or audio (as in automatically bounce a pattern and import it) from maschine right to the DAW. It's great for sketching out ideas and then doing full arrangement stuff in your DAW. You can even load the vst as an effect in your DAW and use the maschine effects to process other stuff, which is pretty fun sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,739 Posts
    How do you like Maschine? Worth it if you already have two DAWs?
    Just bought one a couple of days ago(summer sale is awesome), partially on the recommendation of KmartSqrl actually(thanks for that dude)!

And I gotta agree with him.

It's really cool. It took me a day to learn most of the stuff and it's actually way more diverse than I expected. It's amazing for making beats and that kinda stuff and if you use it within your DAW it's absolute bliss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)