1. Post #321
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,682 Posts
    Someone tell me how to replicate or even make something vaguely similar to the bass used in this incredible electro track.

It's best noticable at 1:42, right at the drop.

also, I started using Ableton today, and being an FL user for nearly 2 years now, I feel it'd be perhaps a good idea to transition to Ableton, would anyone agree with me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,719 Posts
    Hey hey musical homies, I'm selling an album on bandcamp this weekend, $2.00 CAD for over a little over an hour's worth of music. (Mostly drum & bass and drumstep with some dubstep/house)

No one knows who I am so I thought I'd get some word out.
    Fuck getting the last post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,729 Posts
    I'm going to be a shameless self plug aswell.
    http://hakita.bandcamp.com/album/the-core
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,666 Posts
    also, I started using Ableton today, and being an FL user for nearly 2 years now, I feel it'd be perhaps a good idea to transition to Ableton, would anyone agree with me?
    I transitioned to Ableton a while ago too and dayum do I feel good about it. Nothing against FL or anyone who uses it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

5. Post #325
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    Someone tell me how to replicate or even make something vaguely similar to the bass used in this incredible electro track.

from the songs ive heard you make, youve already got that hard synth pretty spot on. just add in some modern talking and trancey stabs without any reverb/release and youd come really close to that track
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,015 Posts
    That feel, when you've rigged a stage with monitors, expensive microphones, PA and heaps of other sound-equipment for a local concert/show, and get told that a group of kindergarteners are going to be marching near the edge of the stage.

They were going to march in, while some brassband was playing, so of course they bumped into every mic' stand, xlr-cables and monitors that were there.. Probably one of the most nerve-wracking moments this month. Thankfully, no one got hurt and no mic's fell to the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #327
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    Eek.
    Could have been worse, a drunk brassband.

The worst one is singers that just have to wrap the XLR cable round their hands in some sort of death grip to the point that they manage to pull the cable out of a fully tightened Neutrik chuck ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #328

December 2011
    719 Posts
    Gotten a job as a studio-mixer and general sound-guy in my local town(I have 1-2 co-workes depending on what's needed).

It's one of the most interesting but tiring jobs I've ever had. It's fun when you get free concerts, talk to famous people, mix and such, but on the other side you have talentless youth that have no idea how to play(in studio), don't want to use metronomes and weird artists that are really picky about everything.
    We're mixing for this metal-band right now, and it's the most out of time crap I've ever listened to, and they didn't want to use metronome.

We spent 8 hours in ProTools stitching and listening, on the bass and drums alone. We weren't going to let the band off so easily, so we dragged the drummer and bassist into the mixing room, so they could hear how bad they were. Me and my co-worker continuously moaned, commented and laughed at the bad playing, while the bassist and drummer sat in the room with us. It was glorious!
    wow this is really terrible i mean instead of just making fun of them and heckling them just tell them (in a good way) what they do wrong and give tips on how they can improve and give them concrete advice on how to make it better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,015 Posts
    Eek.
    Could have been worse, a drunk brassband.

The worst one is singers that just have to wrap the XLR cable round their hands in some sort of death grip to the point that they manage to pull the cable out of a fully tightened Neutrik chuck ._.
    Yeah. One of the biggest problems were that we just got this stageplot, but with no other explanation. We did a regular sound-check and found out we'd over-rigged, so it was a lot of work to run around and adjust mic's between the acts.

wow this is really terrible i mean instead of just making fun of them and heckling them just tell them (in a good way) what they do wrong and give tips on how they can improve and give them concrete advice on how to make it better
    We did that mid-recording, when we heard how bad they were. We also told them that they should practice to a metronome and become tighter. They disregarded this and went ahead anyway..
    That said, they were very happy about the product after we gave it a work-around. I hope that they learned to practice before going into the studio next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,719 Posts
    Here you go, a few tunes you can preview

http://wakethephantom.bandcamp.com/

11. Post #331
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    love it. youve come pretty far! ill see if i can dig out some spare coin for this when you put all the tracks in there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    Not bad at all! I can pay $2 for that once it releases
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,719 Posts
    Appreciate it guys, I'll post a thread in this section once it's released

14. Post #334
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    fuck wrong thread

15. Post #335
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    tiny keys! cd for size reference

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts

I'm not sure if it's exactly the synth at 1:42, but there is 100% some Vengeance Dirty Electro 1 samples in that track, throughout all the drops. He added it in, rearranged, and added some of his own synths as well for the track.

Edited:

Actually now listening to it again, I do believe even the very first three consecutive bass hits in the first drop are also from VDE1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,180 Posts
    While we're on a "HELP ME COPY THIS SYNTH" roll, could anyone suggests how to do this:

Comes in first at 1.59. Sounds a bit like a normal detuned saw wave reese-y thing, but I'm not quite sure.

18. Post #338
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    i dont think youll ever find out, all i know is that noisia resample everything like mad and rarely ever use the basic synths they get off of their pc without stretching it to hell and back. their basses are a closely guarded secret which only few can actually come close to replicating

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,180 Posts
    i dont think youll ever find out, all i know is that noisia resample everything like mad and rarely ever use the basic synths they get off of their pc without stretching it to hell and back. their basses are a closely guarded secret which only few can actually come close to replicating
    Yeah, it is starting to become apparent that that's the case! Any thoughts on the synth right at 2.00, though? It's a fairly standard reese sound but sounds a little smoother, chorus perhaps?

20. Post #340
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    My turn! The main bass that comes at plz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OoA0cTC228M#t=186s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #341
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    Yeah, it is starting to become apparent that that's the case! Any thoughts on the synth right at 2.00, though? It's a fairly standard reese sound but sounds a little smoother, chorus perhaps?
    i'd say the trick is to just find a gritty saw reese and play around with modulating it as much as possible; thats what i do sometimes and usually end up getting what im looking for by accident at some point

My turn! The main bass that comes at plz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OoA0cTC228M#t=186s
    sounds like your average every-day sub bass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #342
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    It sounds like a plain old reese with automation! Just modulate the pitch or lo-pass cutoff bro. Idk what you mean by smoother, but if it's anything like having the sound flow smoothly with the track, automation is key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,549 Posts
    L34K3D

EXCLUSIVE UNRELEASED TRAX PERFORMED LIVE @ PYONGYANG

KIM JONG-IL FUNERAL CEREMONY AFTER PARTY LIVE SHOW

http://www.mediafire.com/?7f0zdt4pu5v0mab

I'm up wayyyy​ past my bedtime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    While we're on a "HELP ME COPY THIS SYNTH" roll, could anyone suggests how to do this:

Comes in first at 1.59. Sounds a bit like a normal detuned saw wave reese-y thing, but I'm not quite sure.
    This might tip you in: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread...hreadid=298904

That main synth sounds like a dirty reese with a filter with high resonance and distortion applied afterwards btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,180 Posts
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #346
    April 2010
    7,639 Posts
    The enthusiasm for the most recent collaborative album was pitiful. What is the future for these albums?

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,549 Posts
    The enthusiasm for the most recent collaborative album was pitiful. What is the future for these albums?
    I'd rather not be the guy that disregards what others may want to continue, but I think it might be a good idea to drop plain collab albums (at least for a while) and focus on more themed/concept albums. I really like the idea of taking a very artistic approach to music, to tell a story or what have you.

We could even work together with people from all the other boards in Creationism Corner to create a massive collaborative work of art in the form of an epic tale, or maybe it doesn't tell a story but is meant to simply invoke feelings (for example - Selected Ambient Works Vol 2, with each track corresponding to a photograph).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    April 2010
    7,639 Posts
    I'd rather not be the guy that disregards what others may want to continue, but I think it might be a good idea to drop plain collab albums (at least for a while) and focus on more themed/concept albums. I really like the idea of taking a very artistic approach to music, to tell a story or what have you.

We could even work together with people from all the other boards in Creationism Corner to create a massive collaborative work of art in the form of an epic tale, or maybe it doesn't tell a story but is meant to simply invoke feelings (for example - Selected Ambient Works Vol 2, with each track corresponding to a photograph).
    I like that photograph idea.

We hold have some contests too.

29. Post #349

December 2011
    719 Posts
    Maybe albums need a set amount of tracks and some sort of quality control?
    Putting number on album is easy, having quality control is going to be hard because it is going to be coloured heavily by what people think of eachother and also what genres they like because it is really hard to measure what constitutes a good track versus a bad track.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #350
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    I like that photograph idea.

We hold have some contests too.
    It isn't an idea, it's actually an existing album by Aphex Twin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #351
    April 2012
    3,342 Posts
    If you guys made a concept album such as proposed I'd try and contribute. And, if it is Quality Controlled I'd personally try even harder, but some may see that as unfair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Gonna go see Rammstein on the 18th this month, gonna be awesome.
    Anyone been to one of their concerts before?

33. Post #353
    meow
    Dennab
    February 2012
    3,083 Posts
    I want to make music

Someone teach me how to music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #354
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

I'm thinking about buying a new synth. I've been looking at native instuments Razor or skanner xt (since it is only 50 right now). Anyone tried them?

35. Post #355

December 2011
    391 Posts
    Does anyone know how to make this synth? It seems kind of simple but I haven't had any luck.

It starts at 0:35ish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #356
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    Not my video, I missed the concert :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    Does anyone know how to make this synth? It seems kind of simple but I haven't had any luck.

It starts at 0:35ish
    two detuned saw waves, low pass filtered(500 hz maybe, experiment) 0 resonance, envelope is A: 0 D: 0 S: 100 R: 35(set to taste) then add quite a lot of reverb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

38. Post #358
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    Computer music magazine and loopmasters are giving away a free almost 1gb sample pack. Lots of nice stuff in there. https://www.facebook.com/computer.mu...?sk=app_494975
    You just have to like the page, but I don't think thats too much of a problem unless you are afraid of facebook

39. Post #359
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts

Just rendered this

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts

Just rendered this
    I would like this if it was 2-3 times shorter. Quite entrancing but really really really really repetitive, and in some points the mix was too thick(even though it did kinda work).

But really, make it shorter and more varying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events