1. Post #3961
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Know those dumb lackies that are told to not kill somebody and just guard them that the audience are meant to think "GOD YOU'RE SO DUMB YOU'LL REGRET THAT".    That's Bane in the end and it's a damn shame   
       But he had a sawn-off against Batman's head, ready to pull the trigger.   

2. Post #3962
    This version of the batman series is done. it's gonna be rebooted next to help set up the justice league movie (fuck everything). It's dumb as shit but i'd rather that then a forced cross-over/spinoff.    They're gonna want batman, not robin blake, to help sell tickets for justice league, so yeah, they're gonna have to reboot   

Edited:

this fucking music made this part so intense, i loved it.
    And I love Bane's theme

Edited:

And one of my favourite part is the massive police chase, after bane, with this music playing. Epic   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3963
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    awww yiss gonna watch this in an hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3964

May 2012
    110 Posts
    Know those dumb lackies that are told to not kill somebody and just guard them that the audience are meant to think "GOD YOU'RE SO DUMB YOU'LL REGRET THAT".    That's Bane in the end and it's a damn shame   
    no i don't, elaborate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #3965
    May 2010
    602 Posts
    Was anyone else    not surprised at all with Robin's reveal? I mean, I figured it out as soon as he pieced together who Batman was and revealed that he was an orphan. I thought it was pretty obvious from that point on, especially since he got so much screen time.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #3966
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,421 Posts
    Was anyone else    not surprised at all with Robin's reveal? I mean, I figured it out as soon as he pieced together who Batman was and revealed that he was an orphan. I thought it was pretty obvious from that point on, especially since he got so much screen time.   
       That bit alone gave quite a bit away, but also his reaction to shooting some of Bane's goons, his fascination with Batman, how eager he was, etc. All built up to give it away before the move was even half over I felt. Some of the bigger twists were a big obvious.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #3967
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    And I love Bane's theme

Edited:

And one of my favourite part is the massive police chase, after bane, with this music playing. Epic   
    This one, right?

8. Post #3968
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,880 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #3969
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
    this movie took an absolutely masterful nosedive at the end. my girlfriend left the theater    when robin was revealed   , and my friend and i just laughed hysterically at everything else. bad first act, great second act, one of the worst endings in recent memory.

Edited:

i will say that everything from    batman being broken to batman's final confrontation with bane    was amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #3970
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,914 Posts
    this movie took an absolutely masterful nosedive at the end. my girlfriend left the theater    when robin was revealed   , and my friend and i just laughed hysterically at everything else. bad first act, great second act, one of the worst endings in recent memory.

Edited:

i will say that everything from    batman being broken to batman's final confrontation with bane    was amazing.
    my girlfriend loved the movie.

my girlfriend is better than your girlfriend.

i dont know    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #3971
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
    it just got too ridiculous.    talia suddenly became the main villain, bane gets killed by catwoman and is then immediately forgotten about, robin's suddenly in the movie at the end    it was just a lot that the movie seemed to want me to accept, and i really couldn't. it's a shame, because i was loving the movie up until that point. i thought it was the best of the trilogy up until then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #3972
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,513 Posts
    it just got too ridiculous.    talia suddenly became the main villain, bane gets killed by catwoman and is then immediately forgotten about, robin's suddenly in the movie at the end    it was just a lot that the movie seemed to want me to accept, and i really couldn't. it's a shame, because i was loving the movie up until that point. i thought it was the best of the trilogy up until then.
       robin was always in the movie, he was the police officer/detective, and Talia was the main villian the second you found out the mercenary was Ra's Al Ghul.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3973
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
       You're really going to let the very last scene in the movie which was just a nod to Robin and had nothing to do with the movie as a whole ruin it?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

14. Post #3974
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
       robin was always in the movie, he was the police officer/detective, and Talia was the main villian the second you found out the mercenary was Ra's Al Ghul.   
       i know he was always in the movie, i was just really hoping he wouldn't turn out to be.   

glad you guys liked the movie, though. the ending kind of ruined things for me.

Edited:

half in the bag raises a lot of good points about the ending. the movie is more about the theme and emotion, so a lot of what happened was necessary. honestly, i feel like the movie would've worked very well as an actual comic book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #3975
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,370 Posts
    I think I agree with MovieBob on this film-
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...k-Knight-Rises

TL;DR
    Great plot, great actors, but lacking structure.
    Good movie overall, but it definitely didn't top the second one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #3976
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,827 Posts
       i know he was always in the movie, i was just really hoping he wouldn't turn out to be.   
       because it would have been better if he wasn't robin but instead was just a random cop that nobody had heard of before, had nothing to do with the batman comic/franchise, but just happened to be there at the right moment and sort shit out. No, I think it was a great choice to make him "become" Robin. It gives his character more meaning to the whole story and Gotham won't remain without a vigilante. He basically takes Batman's place and it gives a sense of prosperity and hope to the city. Him becoming robin makes it all fit, if he wasn't it would have been rather nonsensical.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #3977
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
       because it would have been better if he wasn't robin but instead was just a random cop that nobody had heard of before, had nothing to do with the batman comic/franchise, but just happened to be there at the right moment and sort shit out. No, I think it was a great choice to make him "become" Robin. It gives his character more meaning to the whole story and Gotham won't remain without a vigilante. Him becoming robin makes it all fit, if he wasn't it would have been lame.   
       i guess that is a good thematic conclusion, the idea that a protector will always rise up to take the mantle. maybe i'll like it better next time i watch.   

18. Post #3978
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,421 Posts
    As the guys in the Half In The Bag video just above us said, and I agree on them about it;    The film was never really about the villains, it was never really about how they would be defeated, it was about Batman rising again after these 8 years, him coming back from being broken, and re-establishing himself as an symbol for all the citizens of Gotham, to give them hope. It was also about Bruce trying to start living again, to stop being this shut in cripple. The villains were there to drive the plot, to give the challenges he'd need.   

But the villains were still bitching to watch, Bane had an amazing presence in almost every scene, even if he was mumbly and awkward to understand sometimes.    Talia was hinted at pretty early into the film, and smaller hints were dropped throughout. But Bane's death was kinda balls. So sudden, and instantly forgotten.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

19. Post #3979
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
    bane was amazing in this film. i don't think there's anything they could've done to make his character better. even his voice being really up-front in the mix was a good choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #3980
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,233 Posts
       It wasn't very sudden, you just weren't very astute. I knew she was Talia from her first appearance by her accent. I bet who I went to see the movie with that she was Talia and the main villain her very first appearance.   

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,197 Posts
    Saw the IMAX version today. Big disappointment for me though, as I got there late and had fucking sit 3 rows from the screen. So I didn't get the best perspective. Can't say it still wasn't amazing.

I'm glad I was able to take in my details and absorb what I missed when I was sleep deprived during the trilogy event.

I had trouble understanding last 30mins the most. But I caught all the subtle ques second time around.

I hate to say it, but this second viewing didn't have me feeling quite as emotional as the first one. I didn't have much anticipation of certain things happening, so there were parts I really felt hopelessness. I thought the bomb was going to destroy Gotham. I thought a lot of things.

One of the most depressing scenes to me was when Gordon was struggling to put the signal scrambler in the bomb container. The struggle alone was bad, but then the fact that it wasn't going to stop the bomb was worse. The bomb still needed to be brought off the island somehow, and at that point, it wasn't fully clear if Bats was down and out.

Equally as depressing was when Blake was trying to comfort the kids, telling them they will be safe in the bus, all while Foley was saying "What are you doing?" It's an atom bomb! There is nowhere to go!".  

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #3982
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
       It wasn't very sudden, you just weren't very astute. I knew she was Talia from her first appearance by her accent. I bet who I went to see the movie with that she was Talia and the main villain her very first appearance.   
       i'm not very familiar with the al ghul parts of the batman mythos, and it's been a long time since i watched batman begins. having talia around was necessary for batman to tie up all his loose ends before leaving to lead his own life, but the way they went about it seemed kind of off to me. i feel like i need to re-watch the whole trilogy now   

23. Post #3983
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,233 Posts
       i'm not very familiar with the al ghul parts of the batman mythos, and it's been a long time since i watched batman begins. having talia around was necessary for batman to tie up all his loose ends before leaving to lead his own life, but the way they went about it seemed kind of off to me. i feel like i need to re-watch the whole trilogy now   
       The main problem was that they underplayed the romance between Talia and Bruce. Talia [I]does[/I] love Bruce, but the movie adaptation of her made it seem like it was all an act to move her father's plan forward. She would also never do this. Her comic counterpart loves her father to death, but she was never big on the destroying the city thing.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #3984
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,032 Posts
    I really liked    the Robin twist. They weren't saying Blake was to become Robin, I think they were pretty much saying he was Robin the whole time. They said his full name is Robin. If you watch the movie he plays the sidekick role the whole time. If anything the ending is implying anything it's implying Robin is becoming Batman while he's dead which is exactly what happened in the comics   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #3985
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,233 Posts
    On a non-spoiler note, I have the same problem with this movie as I do with all the Nolan movies. Raz al Ghul is pronounced "Raysh ahl Gool"
    And you can't just say "He can pronounce it any way he likes." because it's a saying in Arabic, not a name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3986
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
       The main problem was that they underplayed the romance between Talia and Bruce. Talia [I]does[/I] love Bruce, but the movie adaptation of her made it seem like it was all an act to move her father's plan forward. She would also never do this. Her comic counterpart loves her father to death, but she was never big on the destroying the city thing.   
       didn't talia actually have a son with bruce in the comics?   

Edited:

I really liked    the Robin twist. They weren't saying Blake was to become Robin, I think they were pretty much saying he was Robin the whole time. They said his full name is Robin. If you watch the movie he plays the sidekick role the whole time. If anything the ending is implying anything it's implying Robin is becoming Batman while he's dead which is exactly what happened in the comics   
    i think i would've liked it better if    they didn't have his name actually be robin.    maybe i'm just too picky.

Edited:

i just really want to know    why they killed off bane the way they did. i know he had to die, but having selina bust in, rocket him in the chest and drop a one-liner? it felt like a last-minute addition   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3987

May 2012
    110 Posts
    Marion Cotillard is french, and that is her natural accent.

28. Post #3988
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    On a non-spoiler note, I have the same problem with this movie as I do with all the Nolan movies. Raz al Ghul is pronounced "Raysh ahl Gool"
    And you can't just say "He can pronounce it any way he likes." because it's a saying in Arabic, not a name.
    It's spelt differently in these films, so we can assume that the way they pronounce it is correct.

29. Post #3989
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,877 Posts
    Ra's al Ghul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

30. Post #3990
    February 2009
    3,143 Posts
    did anyone else find it extremely stupid that     they sent 3000 officers into the sewers after Bane? Couldn't they have just sent a SWAT team or something? Also it bugged me near the end where all the police officers just run at the mercs who are firing automatic weapons. No wonder the city needs the batman.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #3991
    November 2009
    6,810 Posts
    It's spelt differently in these films, so we can assume that the way they pronounce it is correct.
    Except everyone seems to pronounce it differently (skip to 2:10)

32. Post #3992
    July 2006
    5,857 Posts
    did anyone else find it extremely stupid that     they sent 3000 officers into the sewers after Bane? Couldn't they have just sent a SWAT team or something? Also it bugged me near the end where all the police officers just run at the mercs who are firing automatic weapons. No wonder the city needs the batman.   
    i think    the city had learned from past experiences how badly villains like the joker and bane can fuck everything up, especially gordon. they knew they had no batman to save them, so they sent all their firepower down there and got fucked over. the police vs. bane's army scene seemed a bit odd, though.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #3993
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,827 Posts
       and why did they send every single cop? In a city like Gotham I presume there need to be some officers patrolling around, or some sort of security guard somewhere (like in a bank). And the stadium had NO security. like none at all. In reality a sports event in a huge stadium has tons of security and police ready for potential agry supporter groups and shit.

And, in the first half of the movie, when James Gordon goes in the sewer and gets attacked, why the hell do they decide to stop the police operation and leave the area? Bane's undergound base was obviously somewhere down that specific manhole. There is a terrorist base underground and they decide to leave it alone and come back another day? Bah. 

34. Post #3994
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,032 Posts
    Nolan has a nack for changing peoples first names. Lots of gang members and shit are in the comics with different first names.

Edited:

and why did they send every single cop? In a city like Gotham I presume there need to be some officers patrolling around, or some sort of security guard somewhere (like in a bank). And the stadium had NO security. like none at all. In reality a sports event in a huge stadium has tons of security and police ready for potential agry supporter groups and shit.

And, in the first half of the movie, when James Gordon goes in the sewer and gets attacked, why the hell do they decide to stop the police operation and leave the area? Bane's undergound base was obviously somewhere down that specific manhole. There is a terrorist base underground and they decide to leave it alone and come back another day? Bah. 

"Ahh man there's a fucking gang of terrorists in the sewers"
    "Ah yes. The "Masked Man". We have dismissed these claims"
    "Dude. I'm in hospital. You can't fake this shit"
    "Suuuuure"
    "Dude you all saw the fucking explosion"
    "Riiiight"
    "There's other dead cops down there!"
    "Sure sure"
    "Fucking Alfred manages to find everything out about this guys back story. A fucking butler. You guys just instantly debunk it"
    "Right"
    "HE JUST FUCKING ROBBED THE STOCK EXCHANGE"
    "What's that? Masked man? In the sewers? You have proof? Sorry I can't hear you over my pointless chase of Batman. Anybody that suggests you might be right is a hot headed cop. I don't care if you're my senior" 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3995
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
       The last half of the movie just seemed painfully reminiscent of a James Bond movie, where the supervillan explains his entire plan before starting some extremely slow superweapon   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #3996
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,827 Posts
    Nolan has a nack for changing peoples first names. Lots of gang members and shit are in the comics with different first names.

Edited:

"Ahh man there's a fucking gang of terrorists in the sewers"
    "Ah yes. The "Masked Man". We have dismissed these claims"
    "Dude. I'm in hospital. You can't fake this shit"
    "Suuuuure"
    "Dude you all saw the fucking explosion"
    "Riiiight"
    "There's other dead cops down there!"
    "Sure sure"
    "Fucking Alfred manages to find everything out about this guys back story. A fucking butler. You guys just instantly debunk it"
    "Right"
    "HE JUST FUCKING ROBBED THE STOCK EXCHANGE"
    "What's that? Masked man? In the sewers? You have proof? Sorry I can't hear you over my pointless chase of Batman. Anybody that suggests you might be right is a hot headed cop. I don't care if you're my senior" 

I didn't hear/understand many dialogues because I was explaining everything to my friend, whos english isn't very good. Thanks for the clarification.

37. Post #3997
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,197 Posts
    They say it that way in Arkham City. I literally just started playing it 2 days ago, and it kinda threw me off when they pronounced it that way since I was used to the movies' way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #3998
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I just got back. The ending was really sad until, well, those who've seen it know why it wasn't sad any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    This might have been mentioned before

but was that doctor guy in the prison the same as that guy in that mombasa basement in inception? When they first meet the chemist

40. Post #4000
    May 2011
    5,226 Posts
    What language were they speaking in    the prison    anyways? I've heard it's Moroccan but I'm not sure it's true...