1. Post #4041
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,065 Posts
       why did he fake his own death as well as batman's? kind of a dick thing to do to alfred. if he wanted to move on with his life and leave gotham, it seemed unnecessary   
       It was kind of a spur of the moment decision, what with the sudden destruction of the transport truck and a nuclear bomb ready to go off in a minute and a half. Bruce always wanted to leave Batman behind, but this situation gave him an 'out.' I don't think he intended to (temporarily) cause Alfred so much duress.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #4042
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,846 Posts
       why did he fake his own death as well as batman's? kind of a dick thing to do to alfred. if he wanted to move on with his life and leave gotham, it seemed unnecessary   
       Because he took Alfred's advice. Remember when Alfred said he'd hoped Bruce left and never came back? That's exactly what he did. He did Alfred a solid even if he didn't know it, besides, seeing Alfred again was intentional so clearly he wanted Alfred to know he was okay too.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

3. Post #4043
    May 2008
    601 Posts
    Best fucking scene in the whole movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4044
    Anne Hathaway's acting gave me a boner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree x 20Funny x 2Informative x 2Useful x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #4045
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    anyone else wished that bane and batman would just drop their clothes and get it on in gothams prison shower while inside the tumbler with the hatch opened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Optimistic x 4Funny x 4Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4046
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,036 Posts
    Caught this yesterday at the London Imax cinema, what a movie! I think my favourite part has to be when the police and criminals clash and Bane and Batman are fighting it out in the middle of all the chaos.

7. Post #4047
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    I see where you're coming from, but-

That's not the point. The point isn't that Bruce died. The point was that [i]Batman[/i] died. Batman became a martyr, even if Bruce continued to live. That's what Bruce has thought of batman to be since before he even took on the role. It's as they've said, Batman's more than just a masked man. He's a symbol. Something for Gotham to look up to. He gave them that, and his presence is going to last forever. No one knew he was Bruce Wayne anyway so no one will know, and he left the city too. Batman, as Bruce at least, won't come back.   
       I think Selina knew, Alfred, Lucius, Blake, Gordon all knew.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #4048
    May 2011
    5,276 Posts
    Best fucking scene in the whole movie
    I love just how heavy everything about Bane's sounds are... his footsteps, his punches, the swing at 0:54, all sound like they have so much force beneath them.
    Wonderful sound design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #4049
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,157 Posts
       I think Selina knew, Alfred, Lucius, Blake, Gordon all knew.   
       well yeah but I was just meaning the general populace of Gotham. I know the people closest to Bruce knew   

10. Post #4050
    Professional Video Games Hoarder
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    When I heard that Tom hardy was gonna play bane I was affraid hed be too skinny.
    But I was so Wrong !
    He fit the character perfectly !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4051
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Bulked up like a fuckin' truck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #4052
    May 2011
    5,276 Posts
    30 pounds of muscle gained for the role, I believe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4053
    May 2011
    6,631 Posts
    I love just how heavy everything about Bane's sounds are... his footsteps, his punches, the swing at 0:54, all sound like they have so much force beneath them.
    Wonderful sound design.
    Well, except for that dandy Sean Connery delivery (but I got used to that eventually).
    The sound mixing on his voice could have been SO much better.
    I think Brad Jones said it best: look at Darth Vader. That's a character who is dubbed over, but you BELIEVE that the sounds you are hearing are what is happening right now. There was not a second where I believed that Bane's voice was naturally coming out of his face. It really needed some better mixing on that, it just sounded silly for the longest time.

Also was I the only one who, when he said "You fight like a young man", half expected him to say "You fight like a dairy farmer"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #4054
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I see where you're coming from, but-

That's not the point. The point isn't that Bruce died. The point was that [i]Batman[/i] died. Batman became a martyr, even if Bruce continued to live. That's what Bruce has thought of batman to be since before he even took on the role. It's as they've said, Batman's more than just a masked man. He's a symbol. Something for Gotham to look up to. He gave them that, and his presence is going to last forever. No one knew he was Bruce Wayne anyway so no one will know, and he left the city too. Batman, as Bruce at least, won't come back.   
        replacing Harvey Dent as their paragon symbol. Smart move!   

Edited:

Well, except for that dandy Sean Connery delivery (but I got used to that eventually).
    The sound mixing on his voice could have been SO much better.
    I think Brad Jones said it best: look at Darth Vader. That's a character who is dubbed over, but you BELIEVE that the sounds you are hearing are what is happening right now. There was not a second where I believed that Bane's voice was naturally coming out of his face. It really needed some better mixing on that, it just sounded silly for the longest time.

Also was I the only one who, when he said "You fight like a young man", half expected him to say "You fight like a dairy farmer"?
    The problem with that statement is... IF you look at the recordings from the stadium shoot. The only treatment of his voice is making it sound like it's everywhere. The rest seems to be done by actor and mask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4055
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me how    it was implied that Bruce faked his own death? Was there something at the end of the credits or did I just miss a major scene?   

16. Post #4056
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me how    it was implied that Bruce faked his own death? Was there something at the end of the credits or did I just miss a major scene?   
       He fixed the autopilot. The scene with Fox finding that out is what implied that.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #4057
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    uh
       everyone saw him ride off into the sunset with a nuke, buried him, and then alfred saw him with selina at the end   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4058
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    uh
       everyone saw him ride off into the sunset with a nuke, buried him, and then alfred saw him with selina at the end   
       I thought that was one of his "fantasies"   

Edited:

He fixed the autopilot. The scene with Fox finding that out is what implied that.   
    Ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4059
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    uh
       This reminds me, what DID they bury? I mean, it was a nuclear blast, there couldn't have been much left.

I also hate how bruce kept saying "the autopilot isn't fixed" to morgan freeman, even when he should have told him it was (when he was up on the roof with him). Batman couldn't have known he'd had to fly over the bay at that point in time, why keep it secret that he fixed it? 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #4060
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,157 Posts
       They'd have just had the ceremony without a body, to honour him anyway   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

21. Post #4061
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
       I was scared for Fox when he was in Banes presence, and then again at the end when the room flooded I was sat there going "go fox go fox go fox"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

22. Post #4062
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts
       Even though I liked it, giving Blake the Bat cave location seemed pretty against the point. He wanted Batman to be a symbol, not a man people rely on. He wanted it to inspire people. If Blake is just going to replace the caped crusader, why bother?   

23. Post #4063
    May 2011
    6,631 Posts
       Even though I liked it, giving Blake the Bat cave location seemed pretty against the point. He wanted Batman to be a symbol, not a man people rely on. He wanted it to inspire people. If Blake is just going to replace the caped crusader, why bother?   
    I think maybe they foreshadowed it with that    "give the tech to the cops" "but it could be a weapon in the wrong hands" talk with Alfred   .
       Blake was both a cop and someone Bruce knew could be trusted, so it was kinda a "here's my stuff, do with it what you will" kinda thing, and they implied that Blake or "Robin" will use the tech to become the new Batman since the old Batman "died" (which, funnily enough, is what happened in the comics, right down to Bruce still being alive).   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #4064
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    If bruce used guns the movie would have been over when he first met bane

Edited:

just a random thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #4065
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,907 Posts
    I'm most likely late with this but    how the fuck did 'the bat' get 6 miles away from gotham in about 10 seconds   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

26. Post #4066
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I'm most likely late with this but    how the fuck did 'the bat' get 6 miles away from gotham in about 10 seconds   
    fast as fuck.

27. Post #4067
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,907 Posts
    Also the ending was exactly like    The Iron Giant    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #4068
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    It would have had to have traveled at 2160 miles per hour, which isn't that unreasonable since there is plane that can travel at around 7500 mph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

29. Post #4069
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,686 Posts
    he had like a    minute or a minute and a half. 6 miles away is like 240 mph   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4070
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,907 Posts
    he had like a    minute or a minute and a half. 6 miles away is like 240 mph   
       I'm talking about from the time the helicopter cleared the last bridge until it blew up. It really wasn't that long at all.   

31. Post #4071
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    Maybe its because the film just cut to the part before    the bomb explodes   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #4072
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    660 Posts
    It would have had to have traveled at 2160 miles per hour, which isn't that unreasonable since there is plane that can travel at around 7500 mph.
    I doubt that, since the average speed of a military fighter jet is 1400 mph. I don't think the bat could fly faster than a jet.

33. Post #4073
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    Yeah, considering that it doesn't look at all like it was built for those speeds.

34. Post #4074
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,180 Posts
    I doubt that, since the average speed of a military fighter jet is 1400 mph. I don't think the bat could fly faster than a jet.
    Except the Bat isn't a military jet, it's a (once again) prototype that was never officially made.

Also, I've been thinking this could explain Bane (semi-spoilerish):

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4075
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    Except the Bat isn't a military jet, it's a (once again) prototype that was never officially made.

Also, I've been thinking this could explain Bane (semi-spoilerish):

36. Post #4076
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,208 Posts
    I got a massive gripe with Alfred. Sure, his performance was amazing I nearly cried but:

what a change of character. In The Dark Knight he was all "That's the point of Batman. He can make the choice no-one else can make" and was totally supportive of Batman and acknowledged his importance even saying how important Batman is after Bruce didn't turn himself in. Now he's all "Oh just give away your tech and go back to masturbating in the dark on your own in that big wing. He's incredibly angry about the past and the fact Bruce came back which is just juvenile and weird. He was usually a moral mentor for Bruce with a big speech that made you think. Here he was a bit of a bitch.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4077
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
       Remember that 8 years has passed, mostly spent cooped up with him in a house. He doesn't want him to go back to being 'lost', but to rather not sacrifice himself along with batman. He just wants him to get over it   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

38. Post #4078
    October 2009
    9,432 Posts
    I got a massive gripe with Alfred. Sure, his performance was amazing I nearly cried but:

what a change of character. In The Dark Knight he was all "That's the point of Batman. He can make the choice no-one else can make" and was totally supportive of Batman and acknowledged his importance even saying how important Batman is after Bruce didn't turn himself in. Now he's all "Oh just give away your tech and go back to masturbating in the dark on your own in that big wing. He's incredibly angry about the past and the fact Bruce came back which is just juvenile and weird. He was usually a moral mentor for Bruce with a big speech that made you think. Here he was a bit of a bitch.   
       Batman was already Batman in Dark Knight. In Dark Knight Rises, Batman's been "gone" for 8 years, and Bruce didn't have to deal with. Alfred didn't want him to go back to the stress and agony of being Batman after 8 years.   

Also, unrelated but:
       In the sewer fight scene between Batman and Bane, I was litter ally getting more excited and more hyped by the second. That excitement reached climax when I heard Bane say: "And now, I'm going to break you." I kept saying "yes, yes, YES!" to myself as he grabbed Batman, lifted him above his head, and slammed him down onto his knee, [I]breaking Batman.[/I] When I saw that, I thrust my arms into the air, almost yelling "YES," simply because [I]they included that famous scene.[/I]   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #4079
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,299 Posts
    Opening weekend numbers released: $160,887,295. 3rd largest opening weekend.

That's lower than every prediction that was made, by as much as $45 million. Even the lowest prediction I saw, made after the shooting, claimed $180. That shooting and subsequent advertising pull seems to have made an impact, but like I said, doesn't make the film any less good or change the fact it's gonna make a ton of cash anyways.

Edited:

EVEN STILL, it came in 2nd for midnight sales at $30.6 million (2nd to Deathly Hallows), beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record by $2 million, and set a new all time opening weekend record for a 2D release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

40. Post #4080
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    39,157 Posts
    I've not played this game but I'm assuming that since this guys like missing his jaw we're saying that's what Bane wears his mask for??

that's not the case at all
    He wears the mask in the comics to receive a constant supply of Venom, the drug that makes him so big and powerful as well as making him very resilient to pain/increase his healing rate    in the film it's just to keep him drugged up so he doesn't feel any pain because he'd be in constant agony otherwise, which is why Batman punches him in the face constantly at the last scene with Bane- he knows his weakness    nothing to do with what his jaw looks like or whatever

Edited:

Opening weekend numbers released: $160,887,295. 3rd largest opening weekend.

That's lower than every prediction that was made, by as much as $45 million. Even the lowest prediction I saw, made after the shooting, claimed $180. That shooting and subsequent advertising pull seems to have made an impact, but like I said, doesn't make the film any less good or change the fact it's gonna make a ton of cash anyways.

Edited:

EVEN STILL, it did make a new record for midnight sales at $30.6 million, and beat The Dark Knight's opening weekend record by $2 million.
    Also the highest ever opening weekend for a 2D film