1. Post #161
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    But they can't do that for long. Arkham has a revolving door, and the fucking Scarecrow escaped and was in the second movie.
    they don't have a choice though. Ledger's dead and since this is the last movie in this trilogy they can just not have there be anymore break outs in Arkham for it.

[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/afnoporo/25876_111148562246582_1000005431753.jpg[

Don't know if this is false.
    Of course it's fake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #162

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,810 Posts
    The voice killed it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,663 Posts
    The voice killed it for me.
    Yeah different accent and not deep enough

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,810 Posts
    My hope against all logic is that they somehow shot unused footage from the last movie that can be spliced into the new film seamlessly.

6. Post #166
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,759 Posts
    Great make up, awful voice.

I'd love to see Harley Quinn in a Nolan Batman movie though.

7. Post #167
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    by the way, Dark Knight's villain and casting was revealed on July 18th 2006, two years before it's release. Considering Nolan will be all done with Inception by this July, it's totally possible there could be a Batman 3 announcement at that time, just like Dark Knight did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    October 2009
    1,370 Posts
    That'd be amazing.

9. Post #169
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    If they have any sense they'll just leave the joker alone and not attempt to replace him with anyone. Or just come up with a REALLY good backstory for him looking different.
    If they do bring him back, I don't want ANY explanation for him looking different. If they did attempt to explain that, it would just feel like a cheap gimmick.

Edited:

Not perfect? That was terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #170
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Here's an update I've been waiting to hear for awhile now: In the latest issue of Empire magazine, they asked him about the Joker coming back and being recast. Nolan replied simply with "No" so there you have it, no joker in Batman 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Now that it's going to be a trilogy, I can't help but think that The Joker should have been saved for the third part - he's Batman's greatest enemy, and so it'd be a huge climax for the trilogy.

Then again, had that happened, we wouldn't have Ledger as The Joker (assuming that in this alternate history, he still died), which would be really shit.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,952 Posts
    Okay so no robin, no riddler, 2 face is dead, no joker. Who the hell is left? I don't really think they can have the penguin man and catwoman in the same movie again.

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,123 Posts
    Maybe they'll make it about Batman's downfall. Y'know, the first was him starting, the Dark Knight was him in his prime, and the third one could be his final soliloquy

14. Post #174
    November 2007
    1,220 Posts
    Maybe they'll make it about Batman's downfall. Y'know, the first was him starting, the Dark Knight was him in his prime, and the third one could be his final soliloquy
    Still need a villain tho

15. Post #175
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Okay so no robin, no riddler, 2 face is dead, no joker. Who the hell is left? I don't really think they can have the penguin man and catwoman in the same movie again.
    Who said no Riddler?

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,799 Posts
    -snip-

17. Post #177
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,768 Posts
    Just to be sure, Two-Face is dead for 100 percent? I know the script said so, Nolan at one point "confirmed" that, but last year I heard few rumors about him possibly reappearing. Does anyone know something solid?

18. Post #178
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Just to be sure, Two-Face is dead for 100 percent? I know the script said so, Nolan at one point "confirmed" that, but last year I heard few rumors about him possibly reappearing. Does anyone know something solid?
    Those are just rumors. ignore them.

19. Post #179
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts
    I want Mr. Freeze.
    It must be Arnie aswell.

20. Post #180
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts
    Is it just me that prefers the way the Batman villains are portrayed in Arkham Asylum? I didn't like that in Dark Knight the Scarecrow was just a drug dealer with a bag on his head. I much preferred when he was acting like a real villain in Arkham Asylum. I also prefer the Joker (blasphemy perhaps, I know, but it's true). If you don't prefer the Harlequin then you are actually gay but whatever.

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    Is it just me that prefers the way the Batman villains are portrayed in Arkham Asylum? I didn't like that in Dark Knight the Scarecrow was just a drug dealer with a bag on his head. I much preferred when he was acting like a real villain in Arkham Asylum. I also prefer the Joker (blasphemy perhaps, I know, but it's true). If you don't prefer the Harlequin then you are actually gay but whatever.

It's not blasphemy to prefer Mark Hamil's Joker.
    Also it's Harley Quinn, not 'The Harlequin'.

Edited:

Those weren't good at all.
    This man has it down:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CiscOreo

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    I would like Bane to be the third villain. Mainly because Batman's been psychologically tested already in 2 movies. It would be interesting to see him broken physically.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    I hope this movie doesn't have catwoman in it. that would fuck it up.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    15,091 Posts
    I hope this is more like Batman Begins than The Dark Knight.
    TDK was cool and everything, but it was more about the Joker and Harvey Dent than Batman.

25. Post #185
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,034 Posts
    I hope this is more like Batman Begins than The Dark Knight.
    TDK was cool and everything, but it was more about the Joker and Harvey Dent than Batman.
    Since the Joker was phenomenal, it's a good thing TDK focused on him. If it focused more on Batman then it'd just be 2 hours of guttural sounds.

26. Post #186
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    http://screenrant.com/christopher-no...pt-benk-66204/

So it sounds like they'll be doing the same thing they did with Dark Knight: David Goyer and Christopher Nolan did the story, and Christopher Nolan and Jonah Nolan do the script.

27. Post #187
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Looks like we know who the villian is then, assuming this guys source is as reliable as this guy says he is

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/...Showing.net%29

28. Post #188
    January 2010
    1,418 Posts
    The Riddler doesn't seem big enough for a finale character.

Although, one of my favourite Fan Posters:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Dennab
    September 2007
    727 Posts
    Tennant would make a great riddler. However, Joseph Gordon Levitt. That sounds impressive.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    Its on iO9 and CrunchGear as well. Looks like Joseph is our new Riddler.

http://io9.com/5592353/joseph-gordon...dler-after-all

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/21...atman-3-movie/

31. Post #191
    BmB
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,569 Posts
    He hasn't killed anybody in the movie canon, and the Batman Comic Canon is so muddled up that I wouldn't be surprised if that was retconned.

Batman doesn't kill people because he thinks that if he kills people, he will become what he has set out to destroy.
    That was actually my biggest problem with the Burton Batman. It went pretty well, but near the end he just started killing people left and right for no reason. Totally destroyed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #192
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Tennants Hamlet and Doctor were VERY similar, I imagine he would do The Riddler in the same manor, which would work beautifully.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,808 Posts
    Looks like we know who the villian is then, assuming this guys source is as reliable as this guy says he is

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/...Showing.net%29
    I fucking love Joseph Gorden Levitt but I seriously don't think he fits the character that much.

Edited:

But everyone was also really skeptic about Heath Ledger casting the Joker so I wouldn't worry too much about this anyway if it were to be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,854 Posts
    READ: MR. FREEZE CONFIRMED AS NOT APPEARING IN BATMAN 3.
    READ: MAN THAT FUCKING SUCKS /caps

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,782 Posts

I fucking hope that they do do this... wikipedia even said that Tennant shows and interest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    what no, the only thing this hopefully confirms is the Riddler as the villian. It only has Levitt as INTERESTED, not as having the part.

Edited:

READ: MAN THAT FUCKING SUCKS /caps
    freeze wouldn't even fit into these movies, it shouldn't have surprised anyone that he wouldn't be in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Now confirmed: Nolan has decided to return to direct the third film. This is awesome news, considering he had previously being saying he was unsure about it.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=29062

38. Post #198
    November 2009
    6,456 Posts
    it also confirms there's a script being written now. my guess is sometime next summer they will either begin filming or will have a teaser trailer up.

39. Post #199
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,645 Posts
    Well the script has been confirmed as being in the works for awhile now.

40. Post #200
    January 2008
    815 Posts
    This is brilliant news.