1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,246 Posts
    Do mods get reprimanded for handing out bad advice? (Not thinking of anyone in particular)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    we take them out back and shoot them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    January 2008
    1,307 Posts
    What does the Smartness points mean? In this thread the first poster has 5537 points.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200710192...d.php?t=250406
    Just letting everyone know that this version is a LOT better than this current version of Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #724
    Equal Moderator
    April 2005
    5,297 Posts
    we take them out back and shoot them
    Poor mikfoz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,893 Posts
    this is a no pissing zone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,624 Posts
    -snip didn't read, you're sneaky Jo-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

7. Post #727
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,128 Posts
    One time I fell for a really dumb prank in the OIFY and that happened.
    proboards brother
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #728
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,690 Posts
    [the joke]
    [your head]

Edited:

you're*
    its your not you're in this case. You're is "you are" while your is ownership
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Late Late x 2 (list)

9. Post #729
    January 2008
    1,307 Posts
    you are head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #730
    weed 420 - hi mom - games r 4 nerds - i own - $WAG - *tips fedora* - do u lift?
    October 2007
    12,326 Posts
    but i am head - my head is not mine my head is myself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #731
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,450 Posts
    I think we should have the option to "Strip of GM Status" in the upgrades.

It could only work on boostar'd GM accounts, and would be stupid expensive ($30), but it would let people settle disputes by blocking them from going to a part of a forum that doesn't really matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #732
    June 2008
    4,666 Posts

It could only work on boostar'd GM accounts, and would be stupid expensive ($30), but it would let people settle disputes by blocking them from going to a part of a forum that doesn't really matter.
    that's like saying put the ability to perma people in boostar

would just cause shit

Edited:

plus that would be a downgrade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts

speaking of the olden times, I want that back.

It is technically possible to get this back with a user script and some clever serverside coding on my side. Let's see if there's enough interest in it.

Rate if you want me to make this. I can ensure that I have a better security track record than a certain other person here. It would start from the beginning when it's launched, so everyone will start with 0 ratings. Other than that, it has exactly the same features as the old system.
    yes, that was my intention of posting, I hoped someone would want to make that.

also starting from 0 helps resolve the problem of crawling the whole of FP, like the script made by that one other person here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,716 Posts

Sounds like someone should learn to ignore some people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #735
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,101 Posts
    So I got banned but I noticed that the forum now requires you to change your password at the same time.
    Why the password change?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

16. Post #736
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,157 Posts
    So I got banned but I noticed that the forum now requires you to change your password at the same time.
    Why the password change?
    Password change prompt started up after lots of facepunch accounts got compromised. I think it came about when battlefield heroes account details leaked, and since lots of wonderful facepunchers use the same password everywhere/most places, lots of accounts were hijacked and posted spam. So yeah, after awhile, you get asked to change your password, and I guess it checks when you're banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,620 Posts

Wow. I've never seen so many posts in an instant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 7 (list)

18. Post #738
    July 2010
    2,799 Posts
    How come you can't use [quote] and [spoiler] on page posts?

I just hit 'reply' on a post, copied the bumf, posted to someones page but it's not allowed.

What strikes me as odd is that you can do images, but not quotes? Quotes are harmless surely, as opposed to image which you could abuse with a huge picture of a dong or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #739
    weed 420 - hi mom - games r 4 nerds - i own - $WAG - *tips fedora* - do u lift?
    October 2007
    12,326 Posts
    Try using an avatar thats 80 long and 1 wide. Quotes are probably disallowed because of nesting abuse - theyre messages anyway and for discussion you could always use PM. Ive seen people using their page as a personal chatbox for some reason though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #740
    July 2010
    2,799 Posts
    A quick Google search leads me to believe nesting (in this situation) is when a quote is in a quote (repeated) right? If so, what's the big issue? If it's someones page why can't that be 1. disabled 2. ignored?

What's wrong with pages being used for chats? I appreciate there is PM, but pages are quicker. Click their name, paste/type, submit, done. Not too hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #741
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    A quick Google search leads me to believe nesting (in this situation) is when a quote is in a quote (repeated) right? If so, what's the big issue? If it's someones page why can't that be 1. disabled 2. ignored?

What's wrong with pages being used for chats? I appreciate there is PM, but pages are quicker. Click their name, paste/type, submit, done. Not too hard.
    Because it's not what they are for, simple as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #742
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,369 Posts

faceraper makes sending a pm faster than that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    Boostar is not available to me, when I click on the 'Upgrades' button it leads me to a page simply stating:
    "No store information."
    Help? I wanted to get a friend gold member, but I am unable to do it.

Edited:

Possibly a title too.

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Boostar is not available to me, when I click on the 'Upgrades' button it leads me to a page simply stating:
    "No store information."
    Help? I wanted to get a friend gold member, but I am unable to do it.

Edited:

Possibly a title too.
    got noscript/adblock/some kind of anti-XSS plugin installed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #745
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,924 Posts
    got noscript/adblock/some kind of anti-XSS plugin installed?
    Just Faceraper.

26. Post #746

November 2011
    410 Posts
    garry permabanned Maagiline with the reason “sethhack”
    whats a sethhack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Googled Sethhack and it comes up with hacks for GMod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    he's probably a member from sethhack, garry has had a fume between seth and him and for good reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    Just putting this out there: Seth is a retard. Back when I was in my "waaa i don't have money" phase of being poor and on the internet, he suggested that I whore myself on camera to make money. There's a reason why him and his circle of buddies aren't welcome near anything Garry touches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

30. Post #750
    Just putting this out there: Seth is a retard. Back when I was in my "waaa i don't have money" phase of being poor and on the internet, he suggested that I whore myself on camera to make money. There's a reason why him and his circle of buddies aren't welcome near anything Garry touches.
    it works mang

31. Post #751
    July 2009
    4,630 Posts
    Where is that page with all the html commands for posts? I found it ONCE but now I can't find it again.

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,716 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    it works mang
    I don't doubt that, I just don't want to become an e-whore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #754

35. Post #755
    What is sethhack? I've seen a few people banned here in facepunch for that.

Also, how does one becomes mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #756
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,909 Posts
    Be a good poster I guess and stand out from the rest, never ask for it and always be helpful. Report post and yeah that's it.

Banhammer will be granted when they think you're suitable.

Also sethhack is hack for gmod that does shit nobody cares about apart from VAC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!
    February 2010
    2,875 Posts
    Any mods out there, change the title of my thread to "$600 gaming build including monitor and OS. Some parts already owned."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,456 Posts
    What is sethhack? I've seen a few people banned here in facepunch for that.

It's nothing more than one of the most prolific cheats used in Garry's Mod right now. With such high class features as an ~aimbot~ and ~~Wallhacks~~, all while being undetected by SE and VAC, totally worth the money isn't it? Not like you can get that stuff for free from a developer who isn't a total twat right?

Plus Seth for some reason thought it would be cool to add some Devnull (DRDoS) subscription too, so his user keep DDoS'ing FP when Garry and the Lua Forum start trying to find a way to stop that cheat from working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

39. Post #759
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,706 Posts
    Any mods out there, change the title of my thread to "$600 gaming build including monitor and OS. Some parts already owned."
    Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    If I were to make a general thread for game design/programming/art/music/etc (Anything involved in game development), where would I put it? Think similar to the 'Amateur Game Dev General' threads floating around 4chan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events