1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,110 Posts
    If I were to make a general thread for game design/programming/art/music/etc (Anything involved in game development), where would I put it? Think similar to the 'Amateur Game Dev General' threads floating around 4chan.
    Don't people use the what are you working on thread in programming?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Don't people use the what are you working on thread in programming?
    It would appear they do, I always assumed it was for more software development type stuff than game development though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #763
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    The rating thing is currently building its database, so no ratings yet, but I can already share a few statistics related to posts. These are stats from the last 18 hours.

Biggest spammers

[table]
    [tr][td][/td][td]Username[/td][td]Posts[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]1.[/td][td]Biotic[/td][td]102[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]2.[/td][td]rinoaff33[/td][td]79[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]3.[/td][td]Pierrewithahat[/td][td]48[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]4.[/td][td]Protocol7[/td][td]47[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]5.[/td][td]Rusty100[/td][td]43[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Forums with the most fast threads

[table]
    [tr][td][/td][td]Subforum[/td][td]Posts[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]1.[/td][td]General Games Discussion[/td][td]1856[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]2.[/td][td]Fast Threads[/td][td]1182[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]3.[/td][td]Sensationalist Headlines[/td][td]1081[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]4.[/td][td]Team Fortress 2[/td][td]949[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]5.[/td][td]General Discussion[/td][td]427[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

And finally, the fastest threads

[table]
    [tr][td][/td][td]Thread[/td][td]Posts[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]1.[/td][td]TF2 General Chat v7 - February 2012 Edition[/td][td]487[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]2.[/td][td]LMAO Pics February 2012 V. 1 - Read the OP or get banned <3[/td][td]298[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]3.[/td][td]Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition[/td][td]238[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]4.[/td][td]Kill Time Topic ? February[/td][td]212[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]5.[/td][td]Cop spends weeks to trick an 18-year-old into possession and sale of a gram of pot[/td][td]183[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Looks like Fast Threads is a little slow, but we were already aware of that anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #764
    June 2009
    3,411 Posts
    Could someone post that thing where Garry got all the rating icons from or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    Could someone post that thing where Garry got all the rating icons from or something?
    http://famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,388 Posts
    The rating thing is currently building its database, so no ratings yet, but I can already share a few statistics related to posts. These are stats from the last 18 hours.

-stats-

Looks like Fast Threads is a little slow, but we were already aware of that anyway.
    Surely I would have though the forum called "Fast Threads" would have the most fast threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #767
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Fast threads is mostly stupid shit anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

8. Post #768
    September 2009
    9,647 Posts
    Quick question, dunno if it's been answered already: Why do Vimeo videos start playing in the background, even if you didn't click in the media tag to watch them, is there a problem with the media tags?

Click this thread, wait for it and tell me if you can hear the sound of the video playing...

It freaked me the fuck out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    June 2008
    1,521 Posts
    Quick question, dunno if it's been answered already: Why do Vimeo videos start playing in the background, even if you didn't click in the media tag to watch them, is there a problem with the media tags?

Click this thread, wait for it and tell me if you can hear the sound of the video playing...

It freaked me the fuck out
    Not happening on firefox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #770
    Mexican Moderator
    May 2009
    1,737 Posts
    it happens in chrome for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    September 2005
    12,212 Posts
    Also, how does one becomes mod?
    I was elected (voted in but w/e), then I left for three years.

Then I came back and said I should be a moderator again, and then I was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    i dont see the appeal of being a moderator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Equal Moderator
    April 2005
    5,297 Posts
    Get money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #774
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,618 Posts
    making a difference~~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    June 2009
    3,411 Posts

door_out

This should be a rating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 31Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    Make passionate love with the local law enforcement
    August 2011
    1,341 Posts

door_out

This should be a rating.
    That or the icon for getting perma'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    710 Posts
    Just saying thanks for the gold member!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,062 Posts

should move tf2 general chat to fast threads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #779

November 2011
    410 Posts
    It's nothing more than one of the most prolific cheats used in Garry's Mod right now. With such high class features as an ~aimbot~ and ~~Wallhacks~~, all while being undetected by SE and VAC, totally worth the money isn't it? Not like you can get that stuff for free from a developer who isn't a total twat right?

Plus Seth for some reason thought it would be cool to add some Devnull (DRDoS) subscription too, so his user keep DDoS'ing FP when Garry and the Lua Forum start trying to find a way to stop that cheat from working.
    so basically hes a giant sperglord
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts
    We need default avatars back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #781
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Okay, the rating script is pretty much finished.

Install

It doesn't show the icon for all posts yet, because it simply hasn't mined enough data yet. That will fix itself in the coming days and weeks. Let me know if you have any problems. Ratings are collected with a built in delay of 24 hours, so if you get an agree now, it will show up in your list tomorrow around the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 31Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #782
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,076 Posts
    Should the script work fine on Firefox? Cause clicking the ratings buttons on the posts that have it on this page leads me to a blank page saying "false".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Should the script work fine on Firefox? Cause clicking the ratings buttons on the posts that have it on this page leads me to a blank page saying "false".
    Now works on Firefox as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

24. Post #784
    Herpetologist
    June 2010
    5,095 Posts
    Does this look at past/overall ratings or only recent ones?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,144 Posts
    The longer you have it installed, the more it'll show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,000 Posts
    I'm not entirely sure if it's wise for me to ask this, but would someone please tell me what the badage boys are?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,389 Posts
    I'm not entirely sure if it's wise for me to ask this, but would someone please tell me what the badage boys are?
    I'm not sure who did it, so I'll just refer to the people behind it as "they".

They would post threads in the news section with very catchy titles (such as Obama shot, or Half Life 3 announced) and then it would turn out to be a mostly spam post. But their posts actually had some stuff in them. Usually odd pictures, and a story explaining each one. And how each person in the pictures was part of some cult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    October 2010
    2,100 Posts
    I'm not sure who did it, so I'll just refer to the people behind it as "they".

They would post threads in the news section with very catchy titles (such as Obama shot, or Half Life 3 announced) and then it would turn out to be a mostly spam post. But their posts actually had some stuff in them. Usually odd pictures, and a story explaining each one. And how each person in the pictures was part of some cult.
    It was always something about vampires here's an example
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #789
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    -WRONGTHREAD-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    September 2005
    12,212 Posts
    I believe you are in the wrong thread, sir.

31. Post #791
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    I believe you are in the wrong thread, sir.
    Just edited it RIGHT before you said that, sorry bout that, forgot what thread I was in.

Give me as many boxes as you like, please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    September 2005
    12,212 Posts
    Just edited it!
    Congratulations!

I, on the other hand, am too lazy to edit my previous post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    My avatar is acting funny
    It shows up as my old (Shaun Of The Dead) avatar in my profile but as a broken new one which I have accidentally uploaded(deadpool) in all the threads

Which one do you see?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,076 Posts
    My avatar is acting funny
    It shows up as my old (Shaun Of The Dead) avatar in my profile but as a broken new one which I have accidentally uploaded(deadpool) in all the threads

Which one do you see?
    Try ctrl+F5ing this page or this page. (I forget which one specifically.)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    Try ctrl+F5ing this page or this page. (I forget which one specifically.)
    Those two show up as my normal avatar but even after ctrl+f5ing them both it shows my broken avatar in threads. Weird

But thanks for the help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #796
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,076 Posts
    Have you tried clearing your cache then?

Edited:

Oh wait, ctrl+F5 on this page. I forgot it needed the ?garryis=awesome thing at the end.

37. Post #797
    June 2008
    1,521 Posts
    Okay, the rating script is pretty much finished.

Install

It doesn't show the icon for all posts yet, because it simply hasn't mined enough data yet. That will fix itself in the coming days and weeks. Let me know if you have any problems. Ratings are collected with a built in delay of 24 hours, so if you get an agree now, it will show up in your list tomorrow around the same time.
    You're setting all the images to 16x16px, but is actually 15x15px, so it looks blurry.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts
    Have you tried clearing your cache then?

Edited:

Oh wait, ctrl+F5 on this page. I forgot it needed the ?garryis=awesome thing at the end.
    Thank you so much
    I totally forgot that garryis=awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

39. Post #799
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Does this look at past/overall ratings or only recent ones?
    It looks at all ratings of everyone on this forum since 11 PM friday night last week. It doesn't currently track anything you do while you have it installed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    -snip-
    This is sweet. Can you put it on profiles too please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)