1. Post #6961
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    Read the damn title

Edited:

Can we please make this bannable for like 10 minutes, we see at least three posts about search every page
    Why only 10 minutes? If they can't read the title they probably deserve more time than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

2. Post #6962
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    I don't know if this is the right place for it but can a mod change the title of this thread http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1193566 to 'The Black Roots Music Thread - Soul,Blues, Jazz, Funk Etc'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #6963
    goatse
    January 2006
    33,064 Posts
    Done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #6964
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #6965
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts

Huh? How'd that happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6966
    November 2009
    3,661 Posts
    Maybe he silent banned himself by accident? VV
    I mean it doesn't show a ban of himself in the event list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #6967
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts

Huh? How'd that happen?
    No, it's not me getting unbanned - it's me unbanning a person whose username didn't show up for whatever reason ( http://facepunch.com/member.php?u=406310 )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #6968
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,470 Posts
    considering neither the ban nor the unban shows up in his eventlog

its safe to say hes a wizard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #6969
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts
    Funnily enough, his ban didn't appear in the global ban list in the mod panel either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #6970
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,630 Posts
    This thread is disgusting it really is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #6971
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts
    I was checking that out right now - alt of a perma'd user.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

12. Post #6972
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,630 Posts
    Thanks Gran
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #6973
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    by ten minutes you mean an hour right

because thats the lowest ban iirc
    I know back around when I joined they had shorter bans, less than half an hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #6974
    Star Extraordinaire
    May 2011
    4,484 Posts
    At the bottom of the homepage it says "38,214 Active Users"

What makes you count as an 'active user'? Do you need to have logged in in the past week/month/day or something or the sort?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #6975
    May 2009
    561 Posts
    Why do I see people recieving bans for posting in the wrong section (Perhaps accidentally or unknowingly) instead of being given a friendly nudge in the right direction or having said thread moved to the right section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #6976
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    Why do I see people recieving bans for posting in the wrong section (Perhaps accidentally or unknowingly) instead of being given a friendly nudge in the right direction or having said thread moved to the right section.
    Because we don't have warnings here, short bans function as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #6977
    Dennab
    May 2012
    338 Posts
    question, why do some people get banned for image macros and some people dont? is there some sort of special rank you have to reach in order to post an image macro without getting banned? how can i reach that rank?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

18. Post #6978
    May 2009
    561 Posts
    Because we don't have warnings here, short bans function as that.
    I'm not talking about warnings. I'm on about the fact that the reaction is always hostile. There's no polite request or mention that they're posting in the wrong section, and sometimes they don't realise it's the wrong section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #6979
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    question, why do some people get banned for image macros and some people dont? is there some sort of special rank you have to reach in order to post an image macro without getting banned? how can i reach that rank?
    If it's not a meme and it's a funny addition to the discussion you're safe; most of the time, atleast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #6980
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    Because it's easier all around if people take some effort and make sure they're in the right section instead of just posting wherever they want and assuming the mods will deal with it. That's lazy.
    I'm not talking about warnings. I'm on about the fact that the reaction is always hostile. There's no polite request or mention that they're posting in the wrong section, and sometimes they don't realise it's the wrong section.
    It's really not hard to figure out what section your thread goes in, or ask us before you post it. Why would we need to make a polite request to post your threads in the right section anyways? That's obvious.

Edited:

http://www.facepunch.com/fp_rules.php
    "You won't get banned if you personally have made an image macro especially for that reply"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #6981
    May 2009
    561 Posts
    And also, /why/ can't blue members use the search function anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #6982
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    ^ Banable please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #6983
    May 2009
    561 Posts
    Hm? For making a pretty simple enquiry? I read the OP and it didn't say why, just that it was disabled. An explanation would be appreciated. And even if it's been answered at some point in this thread I lack the time and the patience to search through each page.

(User was banned for this post ("Didn't really read the OP or the thread" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

24. Post #6984
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,896 Posts
    Hm? For making a pretty simple enquiry? I read the OP and it didn't say why, just that it was disabled. An explanation would be appreciated. And even if it's been answered at some point in this thread I lack the time and the patience to search through each page.

/read/ it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #6985
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,915 Posts
    /read/ it again.
    well tbh it doesn't say why in the op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #6986

June 2011
    42 Posts
    And also, /why/ can't blue members use the search function anymore?
    That's why http://api.facepunch.com/#/page/1/fo...earch disabled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #6987
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    If you went like 2 pages back , used the search option in your browser for quick skimming you would find it.
    It's been asked several times now.

I just did it!
    Went a whole TWO, fucking TWO pages back, searched for "blue", found a post.
    search has been disabled for blue members to prevent overflow of traffic. Thus only gold members, and up can actually use the search.

Stop being so lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #6988
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    If you went like 2 pages back , used the search option in your browser for quick skimming you would find it.
    It's been asked several times now.

I just did it!
    Went a whole TWO, fucking TWO pages back, searched for "blue", found a post.

Stop being so lazy.
    Easy, Daniel. Slow breaths. That's it, nice and easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #6989
    Last page gets results too

Edited:

I mean 174 page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

30. Post #6990
    I'll do whatever you want me to do babe ;)
    September 2011
    1,780 Posts
    This link should be added to the op.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #6991
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts
    The problem is that every once on a while there's a swarm of users posting threads in the wrong section - if they took 20 seconds of their life to look for the correct section they'd save me 40 seconds on banning them. However, I won't ban anyone who has posted in the wrong section if they have apologized about it in the OP and remade it in the correct section or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

32. Post #6992
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    If they don't notice how can they correct it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

33. Post #6993
    bomp
    March 2012
    1,470 Posts
    Hah so what's with the random 'Rated' messages? Or is it always like that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 4 (list)

34. Post #6994
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,114 Posts
    If they don't notice how can they correct it?
    Sometimes they notice AFTERWARDS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #6995
    Into The Lasagnaverse
    October 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Can a Mod capitalize my name?
    It's been annoying me for the past three years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #6996
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,664 Posts
    http://store.boostar.org/?item=4
    Costs 15$
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 10Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #6997
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,330 Posts
    Cool people don't have to capitalize their names

Edited:

also mods can't change names
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #6998
    Dennab
    June 2012
    172 Posts
    ~$15 measly united states dollars can~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #6999
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    1,904 Posts
    -snip-
    Sorry, i was dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events

40. Post #7000
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    I will form the Facepunch league of uncapitalized names.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)